Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? (20138 Views)

A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / Reasons Why Women Walk Out Of A Marriage / 8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 23, 2016
Yes, she can. but, first,

She need to drug his food, tie him to the chair, gives him 50strokes of cane, inflict on him the same amount of injury he gave to her.

After that, they can then work things out.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by maxwelloweezy(m): 10:49pm On Apr 23, 2016
Yessoo marriage have a manual
Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by apolonius(m): 10:50pm On Apr 23, 2016
Every marriage has dark and bright moments.

Trust,love and patience are critical virtues for enjoying the bright days and survive the dark nights.
Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by donbenedict(m): 10:58pm On Apr 23, 2016
delishpot:

Abi, since she wants to die on top his matter. She should sidon there and live like a slave without her own desires. She was born a woman to live like a mans dog.
So.e women deserve double beating. Why on earth should a normal person want to work things out with someone who physically abuses her? Once a beater always a beater. Na only God fit turn a beater around.
isn't it surprising dat will Smith and his wife havnt separated despite their marriage hit the rocks?

Nowadays people think marriage is like evry normal day relationship where any slight provocation, both call it quits...

Personally, I dnt support divorce... so much dat I am praying everyday for a better wife.
Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by zinny377(f): 11:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
ify84:
Yes, she can.... By sitting round a table, ask him his does and don't.... Then, (carrying ur cross) u the woman live according to how he wants it....

Even wen u don't like his law, u close eyes, adjust
really?
Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by halfricanadian(f): 11:16pm On Apr 23, 2016
Hmmmm if he is willing to change nd sincere about it

Some will ask for ur forgiveness only to gain ur trust nd start all over again

So God prayer nd faith is d key here

Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 23, 2016
ladyF:
Most woman beaters DO NOT change, their wives know this. Let's call a spade a spade. Since the women have decided to be punching bags, make dem carry their cross. When they tell them leave before he kills you, they will use the children as an excuse. Make them enjoy the blows and kicks abeg tongue

At the end of the day, you can only work things out with someone that is willing to change.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
what do you mean by "most"... ALL WOMAN BEATERS DO NOT CHANGE.. i repeat "ALL WOMAN BEATERS DO NOT CHANGE"..
If u knw somone in such a relationship.. tell dem to RUN RUN RUN
i take ifa orunmila take beg u

2 Likes

Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by Lexusgs430: 11:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
Only if the physical abuse fully STOPS from point of resolution.
But if the abuse is a revolving chain, best to run before departure to the blue sky occurs!!!!!
Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by rahman3853(m): 11:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
2 my opionion 2 wat i learnt lately, if abuse is nt tolerable. divorce is best option, ppl misquote bible say wat god has join 2geda, let no man put asunda, is dat realy tru? adam n eve were joind 2geda by god dats y it was neva recorded any form of abuse even wen eve did d aborable, thr mariages dat d couple demself wud knw its god joint, such family god fear xsist, christ like, lov, trust n hospitable. these r d type d bible was refering 2, nt d family were d woman bkomes d punching bag of d man, god does nt av hand in dat joints,its earthly joindn shud b earthly pt asunda. its a shame many xtians get 2 b a victim of misinterpretation of dat bible verse n live in endles agony, pls b enlightend, moreova, jesus says a woman cn b divorce on fornicatn alone, do we knw dat thr is spiritual n physical fornicatn? wen a woman lies, kipz gruge, nt submisv its al d xteristics of d devil, she is of d devil, datz xample spiritual 4nicatn. pls lets b enlightnd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by Praizekeyz(m): 11:32pm On Apr 23, 2016
No b evry1 get dat grace
Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by preggi(m): 11:36pm On Apr 23, 2016
Yeah, it can still work out. Have you guys watched "War Room"? With strategic prayers, patience, sincere care and love the woman can win back her husband.

Woman, get yourself a War Room in your home.
Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by Raymonbell(m): 11:43pm On Apr 23, 2016
Abusing ones partner is wrong and should be frown upon completely. Nevertheless, no councilor/advisor should advocate divorce. Couples need to reflect on what led to the abuse and discuss it. That's the key to long lasting relationship and way of avoiding future abuse.

I got this from Wikipedia on Jada's profile.
Reason why Jada and Will remain together can be found here

Jada and Will became friends, and began dating in 1995. On December 31, 1997, about 100 guests attended their wedding at The Cloisters, near her hometown of Baltimore, Maryland. Regarding her marriage, Jada said that they are "private people" and told one interviewer, "I will throw my career away before I let it break up our marriage. I made it clear to Will. I'd throw it away completely".

If you want long lasting relationship like that of Will and Jada, replicate this type of commitment.

1 Like

Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by raumdeuter: 11:52pm On Apr 23, 2016
bukatyne:
I totally agree

That's why I asked if it was physical abuse or fight.

Does the law or public opinion believe a man and a woman can fight? If a woman slaps you 50 times and he replies with 2, You are crucified and your career ruined

When Solange was beating JayZ who was obviously much stronger assuming he as much as sent just one blow her way would anyone remember the number of blows she landed on him?

The only thing acceptable when a woman and a man have physical altercation is for the man to either run away, If its in a place he can't run, he has to wait and take all the beatings until the woman is satisfied, Like Solange which everyone laughed at

Most people that are tagged wife beater do you think during the fight, the woman didnt throw a blow? When Rihanna and Chris Brown issue happened do you think Rihanna was just sitting their in her angelic ways taking the blows and not throwing hers back?

Its the hypocrisy the world have to live with right now. In the west now, Women believe its their right to beat a man without any repercussions

And the funny thing is a woman who believes a man has no right to touch her regardless of how much she hits him, watch her son getting beaten by another girl and she would be the first to say why didnt he punch her back
Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by raumdeuter: 12:00am On Apr 24, 2016
byvan03:
My sister some women are plain terrible. What do you expect a man being locked by the collar to do? If I am a man, I won't promise not knocking out a teeth or two. Even as a woman,i will try to see what I can do. You know once a woman is hit, most will claim abuse and not fighting. Yes ,how one time is handled will go a long way to decide what happens next.

I won't preach divorce or separation on a one time thing but I will advise it is appropriately handled to avoid re occurrence.

There is a difference between real life and the facade everyone puts up here. Ask people who have been married for upwards of 30yrs whether at no point in time was there a physical altercation, appearance/suspicion of infidelity, exchange of caustic words in the entire 30yrs

Its only internet gangsters and fake people who would claim they would walk at every first instance.

If you ask the men they say all Nigerian girls are rude, loose, gold diggers etc ask them if your wife is one they say No, Ask if their sister is one they say No

Same thing ask the women they say all Naija men are abusers, unromantic, bullies, ask if their husband is one they'll say No, ask if their brother is, they'll say No,

So these terrible Naija men and women who are they married to? who are their sisters etc

Everyone in public eye has a perfect marriage, wait until you see what they are enduring in their house. Dont be surprised if Obama, has chopped slaps in his bedroom at least once before coming out to say "My fellow Americans"

One wise man who called marriage a competition of who forgives the other most knows what he was saying

Caveat: If there is a threat to your life in any relationship flee

3 Likes

Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by noblegrex: 12:01am On Apr 24, 2016
cococandy:
OP Why use Will smith as example? Did he tell you he used to beat his wife?
Rocky marriage or relationship doesn't mean it involved abuse.
No long term couple can say there haven't been rocky patches in their journey. That's life.

Abuse is a different kettle of fish altogether.
I'm in hmm with tha coco coco.she used will smith cos he's got a smooth union seemingly.so,their union is worthy of note.
Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by blueeyes1: 12:07am On Apr 24, 2016
ify84:

We are looking at scenario where sacrifices must be made to keep d marriage
What useless sacrifice? Must it be the woman that would always make sacrifices?

'Clearing my throat and facing the crowd'

Women,open ur ears and hear me,sometimes it is better to live alone than with an abusive man, Nne,you go just die there for nothing!

2 Likes

Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 24, 2016
byvan03:

My sister some women are plain terrible. What do you expect a man being locked by the collar to do? If I am a man, I won't promise not knocking out a teeth or two. Even as a woman,i will try to see what I can do. You know once a woman is hit, most will claim abuse and not fighting. Yes ,how one time is handled will go a long way to decide what happens next.

I won't preach divorce or separation on a one time thing but I will advise it is appropriately handled to avoid re occurrence.

This is barbaric Byvan.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by repogirl(f): 12:09am On Apr 24, 2016
OP, did Will Smith tell you he physically abused Jada and they worked it out? undecided

I don't see how your question relates with Will and Jada's relationship issues.

6 Likes

Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 24, 2016
eyinjuege:

Some sacrifices are too great to make. At the end, its usually not worth it.

People seem to be fixated about this marriage issues though. I think any toxic relationship should be made away with and this isn't just about physical abuse. It cuts across both genders btw.

Yes, yes, yes!

And the people who found themselves in such relations should have some serious thinking about how and why they got themselves into such a relationship before entering a new one, which won't be better, if they do not take care of the mess they have become.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 24, 2016
ify84:

We are looking at scenario where sacrifices must be made to keep d marriage

Why would I waste my life making sacrifices?

4 Likes

Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by otswag(m): 12:11am On Apr 24, 2016
Well, i believe it should dépend on the gravity and frequency of abuse. A slap following a provocation can be forgiven if he's remorseful and it doesnt repeat itself but if d assault is life threatening e.g strangulation, with weapons e.t.c, mehn! Even if it was Just one occasion, i'd advice the woman to leave that house. When someone that once treated you like an egg deliberately does life threatening harm to You, thats not anger anymore; Its pure rage. Anger can be managed domestically but rage? Naah! Just run. Erm! Lets not forget that women can also get physically abusive too. Its not only a masculine thing
Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by raumdeuter: 12:13am On Apr 24, 2016
Of all the married women here, who has their husband "touched" before? Lets see how many of them walked out of the marriage at the first slap
Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by playtheblues(f): 12:14am On Apr 24, 2016
If women should talk/argue less there will be almost zero abuse in marriages.

This is, however, not an excuse for a man to beat his wifey.

Men should endeavour to listen less to their wives when they cuss them out.
Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by blueeyes1: 12:16am On Apr 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Only if the physical abuse fully STOPS from point of resolution.
But if the abuse is a revolving chain, best to run before departure to the blue sky occurs!!!!!
Bless you bro,but the abuse never stops,resolution or not.
It's like an addiction,what am I saying,IT IS AN ADDICTION.
Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by Ishilove: 1:12am On Apr 24, 2016
lanxlot:
throw what away It is for better for worse. Do all the throwing away while searching for ur spouse...but once married, its for better for worse. Ain't u a Christian?
If his or her life and well being are threatened, then no, it isn't better for worse.
Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by Motolank: 1:21am On Apr 24, 2016
Yes. When the man is rich.... and the woman cannot leave the money for another woman?
Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by Norajones(f): 1:25am On Apr 24, 2016
For better or worse is overrated. Never stay in an abused marriage. Marriage meant to be enjoyed not endured.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by byvan03: 1:48am On Apr 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

This is barbaric Byvan.

Barbaric will work here, you won't lock me by the collar and expect me to stare because I don't want to be Barbaric.

1 Like

Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by byvan03: 1:52am On Apr 24, 2016
raumdeuter:

There is a difference between real life and the facade everyone puts up here. Ask people who have been married for upwards of 30yrs whether at no point in time was there a physical altercation, appearance/suspicion of infidelity, exchange of caustic words in the entire 30yrs

Its only internet gangsters and fake people who would claim they would walk at every first instance.

If you ask the men they say all Nigerian girls are rude, loose, gold diggers etc ask them if your wife is one they say No, Ask if their sister is one they say No

Same thing ask the women they say all Naija men are abusers, unromantic, bullies, ask if their husband is one they'll say No, ask if their brother is, they'll say No,

So these terrible Naija men and women who are they married to? who are their sisters etc

Everyone in public eye has a perfect marriage, wait until you see what they are enduring in their house. Dont be surprised if Obama, has chopped slaps in his bedroom at least once before coming out to say "My fellow Americans"

One wise man who called marriage a competition of who forgives the other most knows what he was saying

Caveat: If there is a threat to your life in any relationship flee

True, online is always perfect.

1 Like

Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by halfricanadian(f): 1:53am On Apr 24, 2016
blueeyes1:
Bless you bro,but the abuse never stops,resolution or not.
It's like an addiction,what am I saying,IT IS AN ADDICTION.

Yes it never stops
Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by obowunmi(m): 2:01am On Apr 24, 2016
Many people's mothers stayed with their abusive fathers.

Especially Nigerian women, so they can say I've been unhappily married to my husband for 50 years.

Good deeck over everything...

3 Likes

Re: Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? by habsydiamond(m): 3:00am On Apr 24, 2016
Sis u no be Jesus oo. Who can die for the sin of the world. If u are on the clause that he will change u are really deceiving ursef. All it takes and addicted fellow to change his ways will only be Gods intervention. Which also has to do with the faith of that individual. Sis, un chain ursef from this bondage once and for all, and be free for life.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Comes First - Husband Or Child? / Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months / Wife Asks Our Son To Beat Me Up Anytime We Quarrel —pastor Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.