Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? (28090 Views)

Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman / Children Of Woman Who Hired Assassin To Kill Her Husband: "Forgive Our Mum" / What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by makasimatics(m): 11:35am On Apr 06, 2016
I am Chukwuma Edozie,from Ogbunike, In Oyi Local government Area,Anambra State.
since I was born, I have never experienced any positive behavior from my father.
He has proved to be a difficult person.
in fact! to the best of my knowledge, he is a very cuny,greedy,and selfish human being.

He would make money but would rather invest it on harlots instead of we the children who are interested in education. In fact, one of his stupid friend had advised him one certain time to not waste his money in the name of training us in the university. " secondary school level is enough for us ", the man said. I don't know if that was what contributed in making my father to neglect me when I was in the university reading mathematics.
Even,amid my days in the versity, I used to take some bags of rice and tin of life vegetable oil to our house without receiving any ' thanks ' from any body though, my mum would sometimes appreciate. I did all those because of the money I generated in my class as a course rep.

Now I have graduated and gone for service in peace after training my self in the university.

With these experiences, I want to know if somebody would blame me if I fail to appreciate him as my father in case I get a work in the future.
Now he tries to come close to me because, he believes that I have conquered

After abandoning me in the campus to die, he still wants to reap the benefits of what he never merited.

well, I think I know what is is my mind.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by SUPOL(m): 11:39am On Apr 06, 2016
Get d work ist.

N y did u mention ur real name here?

119 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by dammywapes(m): 11:45am On Apr 06, 2016
How life can be sometimes make i just stop

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Uchan4u(m): 11:48am On Apr 06, 2016
You can never have another father, forget that he didn't sponsor you through the university. Thank God that you have conquered, because it is not by your might. forgive your dad and move on with your life. Remember that you have benefited and will still benefit from your father, if you doubt ask orphans what they are passing through

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Young03(m): 11:51am On Apr 06, 2016
if i tell u not to forgive him...u will say am wicked

if i tell u to forgive him...u will say o dont know wat u passed tru

guy if u like forgive..if u like dont

cos it wont stop.fuel scarcity

181 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by makasimatics(m): 11:51am On Apr 06, 2016
SUPOL:
Get d work ist.

well, it's not me sha. but the corper who puts on both NYSC crested vest and the jacket is my friend who encountered such from his father.

he is presently searching for job

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by SUPOL(m): 11:54am On Apr 06, 2016
makasimatics:

well, it's not me sha. but the corper who puts on both NYSC crested vest and the jacket is my friend who encountered such from his father.

he is presently searching for job
Some fathers are like that, they don't like taking responsibilities. He has to forgive his ignorance n move on. Better days ahead.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by ammyluv2002(f): 12:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
Well, you have every reason to be mad but remember, God gave you this success. He gave you dis ability cause He knows you can survive without your dad.

Just give him all the respect due to him and acknowledge him as your dad for your own good....holding such a serious beef will hinder your prayers & success to an extent. Don't let him hold you in captivity, he's not worth it so please let it go.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by umehmj(m): 12:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
My guy you are lucky he trained you up to secondary school level. the last school fees my dad paid for me was in primary 2, that was the last time i spent like a solid 1 week with him too.

now he brags about me and all.

holding grudges against him is holding yourself down. forgive him, you need to forgive him more than he needs to be forgiven.

All the best.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by ammyluv2002(f): 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2016
umehmj:
My guy you are lucky he trained you up to secondary school level. the last school fees my dad paid for me was in primary 2, that was the last time i spent like a solid 1 week with him too.

now he brags about me and all.

holding grudges against him is holding yourself down. forgive him, you need to forgive him more than he needs to be forgiven.

All the best.
Wow! You're a star

Impressive

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by makasimatics(m): 12:47pm On Apr 06, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Well, you have every reason to be mad but remember, God gave you this success. He gave you dis ability cause He knows you can survive without your dad.

Just give him all the respect due to him and acknowledge him as your dad for your own good....holding such a serious beef will hinder your prayers & success to an extent. Don't let him hold you in captivity, he's not worth it so please let it go.

well written. I love that. but could u believe that this man in question, sometimes when we both quarrel, would go to his shrine and say some negative things against me so that his so-called god (aro bi nagu) would attack my future.

But I believe in the main God and for this reason,he is harmless.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by byvan03: 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2016
Aro bina agu ,you are truly from Ogbunike.

Just stay out of his way and face your life. You can't trust him, be wary of this father of yours. Keep your distance and don't disrespect him, most things you see in home movies are for real.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by steppin: 1:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
Forgive him, but do not forget. Whatever you do for him, must be limited, else he'll take it for granted.
Remove your names from your post... This is a public forum.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by onstelly(f): 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2016
Forgive him, he is still you father
Don't get it all wrong, I understand exactly how you are feeling but just forgive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by efemenaslectura: 7:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
Uchan4u:
You can never have another father, forget that he didn't sponsor you through the university. Thank God that you have conquered, because it is not by your might. forgive your dad and move on with your life. Remember that you have benefited and will still benefit from your father, if you doubt ask orphans what they are passing through
what's the difference between him and orphans

Started with unnecessary sentiments

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Uchan4u(m): 7:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
efemenaslectura:
what's the difference between him and orphans

Started with unnecessary sentiments

Remember this is Africa don't underestimate the role of a father. Sponsoring him through school is just one of them but not all. He needs his father even more now than before

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by holluwai(m): 10:46pm On Apr 06, 2016
Haba

Don't forgive him, you hear!

Anyways...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by MzPecs(f): 10:46pm On Apr 06, 2016
My father didn't train me in the university too and doesn't even know bout my well being so forgive him anyway... cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by jamex93(m): 10:46pm On Apr 06, 2016
Chai

B a man

N forget d past

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by seyema(m): 10:47pm On Apr 06, 2016
Forgive him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by cocoberry(f): 10:47pm On Apr 06, 2016
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Vanpascore(m): 10:47pm On Apr 06, 2016
yes, because where yu ar is not by ur power

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Integrityfarms(m): 10:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
SUPOL:
Get d work ist.

He wouldn't no the effects of his real identity been exposed on a public forum like this till when the chips are down!

Its not good to violate ones privacy in the quest of NL FP for it could backfire!

To the point, my going one, his still your father and there are instances that you can't deny him that especially in the heritage of ancestral lands and belongings since you are an African like me!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Integrityfarms(m): 10:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
SUPOL:
Get d work ist.

He wouldn't no the effects of his real identity been exposed on a public forum like this till when the chips are down!

Its not good to violate ones privacy in the quest of NL FP for it could backfire!

To the point, my growing one, his still your father and there are instances that you can't deny him that especially in the heritage of ancestral lands and belongings since you are an African like me!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Etizz: 10:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
After all, he is your father

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
don't ever forgive that man. if tomorrow I hear that u have forgiven him, u are in soup. u hear

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by scachy(m): 10:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
SUPOL:
Get d work ist.

Did u just ask y he mentioned his name? U no see his NYSC picture ni? grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Josiah Mutihir: Nigeria To Experience Unplanned COVID-19 Babies By November / Adorable Four Generations Photos Of A Nigerian Family / What Was Your Nickname As A Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.