Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:11 AM

What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? (4000 Views)

Poll: The Immediate Problem The Fg, States Should Tackle First?

Unemployment: 5% (4 votes)
Uninterrupting Power Supply: 42% (32 votes)
Corruption: 28% (22 votes)
Education Unrest / Affordable Education for all: 2% (2 votes)
Social Amenities (Roads, Water): 7% (6 votes)
Health Care Improvement / Regulation: 0% (0 votes)
Pollution: 0% (0 votes)
Industries / Currency Regulations: 0% (0 votes)
Injustice / Human Right: 1% (1 vote)
Agriculture: 1% (1 vote)
Communication: 0% (0 votes)
Oil/ Petroleum Challenges: 0% (0 votes)
Spending and FG / State deficit: 1% (1 vote)
Others: 9% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard / 3 Major Nigerian Problems Buhari Should Tackle - Dangote / Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by Uchebobo: 6:00pm On Jul 30, 2009
It’s a gradual process in order to make Nigeria greater. What in your view the federal, state and local government should focus on? Post comment or cast your vote on my blog. Thanks!

Unemployment
Uninterrupting Power Supply
Corruption
Education Unrest
Social Amenities (Roads, Water)
Pollution
Industries / Currency Regulations
Injustice
Agriculture
Communication
Oil/ Petroleum Challenges
Spending and deficit
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by BlackRevo: 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2009
I choose corruption
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by Fhemmmy: 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2009
I chose corruption and followed by power supply.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by CrudeOil2(m): 6:41pm On Jul 30, 2009
power supply and education
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by CrudeOil2(m): 6:41pm On Jul 30, 2009
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by Fhemmmy: 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2009
Crude Oil:

what if they steal all the money for the project of education and power supply if corruption is still in their blood?
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by Uchebobo: 4:38am On Jul 31, 2009
why is uniterrupt power supply the most important?
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by BlackRevo: 9:19am On Jul 31, 2009
Uchebobo:

why is uniterrupt power supply the most important?

Because we need it if we really want to move into the industrial level like the west who do not joke with it for one minute. Without constant electricity the west will face very great challenges to carry out their daily duties like transportation and many more.

I choose corruption because if we solve this problem then followed by injustice we will solve other problems as money will be allocated to the right channels of the economy and they will be used judiciously as intended.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by faoni572(m): 9:47am On Jul 31, 2009
FG should tackle Power Supply first. There is no way they can eliminate corruption, they can only reduce it at least for now whereas it is still possible to produce uniterrruptible power supply to people. So they should try and give us power supply first.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by vigasimple(m): 9:59am On Jul 31, 2009
faoni572:

FG should tackle Power Supply first. There is no way they can eliminate corruption, they can only reduce it at least for now whereas it is still possible to produce uniterrruptible power supply to people. So they should try and give us power supply first.

CORRUPTION will not allow FG to fix uniterrupted electricity as the money for the contract will be embezzled, and the cabals-generators, diesel dealers, phcn bigwig will not allow it.

So, you have to tackle CORRUPTION first then power next.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by otokx(m): 10:11am On Jul 31, 2009
corruption exists everywhere so the aim will be to reduce the levels of corruption through awareness and accountability. No ex - president has yet been brought to book on account of corruption so we have a very long way to go.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by otokx(m): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2009
Those saying power problems, consider this. The FG and some states have some gigantic gas turbines at the seaports. They have been there over 5 years now because they cannot be carried to their installation points. The roads are so bad and if they venture crossing those our bridges, the sheer weight of those engines will collapse them causing havoc. So our government has to do those roads and bridges most of which are inter state highways.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by Uchebobo: 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2009
I agree with the assertion that power supply is very important. Many Nigerians outside would like to invest back home. The erratic power supply has a great impact on them making the call. Having said that though, looking at present state of the country, I'm still not sure that's is the major call now. How about National ID card for all Nigerians? What about the deplorable social amentities? Please help me on this one. Don't read and pass by. Contribute. Thanks!
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by BlackRevo: 5:06pm On Jul 31, 2009
I still insist on tackling corruption first. Justice should follow before any other thing. I cannot do obj part 2 by investing another 16 billions dollars in the power sector and it will just vanish. Corruption and Justice first before any other thing.

@uche, Most nairalanders don't like this kind of discussions and if care is not taken it will just drown in the midst of all those irrelevant topics in nairaland.

Yeah many views but little contribution.

I was thinking of making a request to seun to create a category called discussions where all this topics will be placed and not politics. Just strictly for these kind of discussions.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by Fhemmmy: 5:14pm On Jul 31, 2009
i think the dude that said no way to eradicated corruption has a point but can be reduced, however, till the reduction takes place, no project can be done right in Nigeria, that is when pple will just grade a road and paint it black and tell you they have done some kilometers of roads, meanwhile, all they have done is death trap elongated.
Corruption has to be dealt with and fast too, then, it is important to make electricity supply available to all and everyone, cos this will create some biz, and create wealth, what is the use of education when the kids has no light to read, or use of medical facilities that runs 24 hours on generator polluting the air and making more pple sick
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by Gekko(m): 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2009
Constitutional Reform. No sense building on a wobbly foundation. We need true federalism.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by Uchebobo: 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2009
Black_Revo , Fhemmmy you're great. Thanks for making this discussion a very important one. To all that have contributed I love you all.

To Seun, I'll be meeting you in couple of months to discuss, your initiative is a good one but we've to make it an excellent one.

I can assure you that your voices will be heard only if you contribute.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by asha80(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2009
Discuss the foundation of the country first before any other thing.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by bawomolo(m): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2009
constitution?
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 31, 2009
Gekko:

Constitutional Reform. No sense building on a wobbly foundation. We need true federalism.

this is the first thing the government has to tackle, everything else shld come later.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by BlackRevo: 5:44pm On Jul 31, 2009
Corruption strives when there is absence of law and prosecution of offenders.

Fhemmmy:

i think the dude that said no way to eradicated corruption has a point but can be reduced, however, till the reduction takes place, no project can be done right in Nigeria, that is when pple will just grade a road and paint it black and tell you they have done some kilometers of roads, meanwhile, all they have done is death trap elongated.
Corruption has to be dealt with and fast too, then, it is important to make electricity supply available to all and everyone, cos this will create some biz, and create wealth, what is the use of education when the kids has no light to read, or use of medical facilities that runs 24 hours on generator polluting the air and making more pple sick

If you don't bell the small cat today how will you bell the big cats springing up tomorrow.

People have been doing all these half baked job since heaven knows when in nigeria but how many has been brought to book to serve as a deterrent to others.

Politicians
Contractors
Civil Servants
Government Officials
Examination racketeers
So many more.

Let us bring the culprits to justice to stop others at the back from doing the same which goes back to my contribution, Tackle corruption at the same time with justice first so that every other thing you do will be successful.

Uchebobo:

Black_Revo , Fhemmmy you're great. Thanks for making this discussion a very important one. To all that have contributed I love you all.

To Seun, I'll be meeting you in couple of months to discuss, your initiative is a good one but we've to make it an excellent one.

I can assure you that your voices will be heard only if you contribute.

Thank you too uche and in due time i will be posting my own topics too for discussions i have some burning in my heart as well.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by BlackRevo: 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2009
davidylan:

this is the first thing the government has to tackle, everything else shld come later.

I don't think all we are discussing can be implemented without that first. i was not even thinking this corrupt government will be bold enough to do that.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by mabimi: 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2009

well u said tackle first;

i believe power supply should come first, this will give a lot of nigerian indepencce - i mean a lot of people will be able to survive on their own, companies will grow, businesses will prosper, there will be health, people will see light, there will be innovation, there will be productivity, there will be food, there will be reduction in the cost of living, and the list goes on and on and on kiss

the secondly education should follow.

with these two facilities in place; i tell u, people will care less about a corrupt govt.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by asha80(m): 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2009
mabimi:

well u said tackle first;

i believe power supply should come first, this will give a lot of nigerian indepencce - i mean a lot of people will be able to survive on their own, companies will grow, businesses will prosper, there will be health, people will see light, there will be innovation, there will be productivity, there will be food, there will be reduction in the cost of living, and the list goes on and on and on kiss

the secondly education should follow.

with these two facilities in place; i tell u, people will care less about a corrupt govt.

How do eastern europian gov. and asian gov. have electricity and acceptable level of good roads despite having quite a high level of corruption in the govt and system?

Is it that they know where to draw the line undecided
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by Fhemmmy: 7:53pm On Jul 31, 2009
asha 80:

How do eastern europian gov. and asian gov. have electricity and acceptable level of good roads despite having quite a high level of corruption in the govt and system?

Is it that they know where to draw the line undecided

And our own govt dont know where and how to draw the line?
they wanna steal and steal it all and leave nothing for the growing and upcoming generation.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by bawomolo(m): 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2009
Fhemmmy:

And our own govt dont know where and how to draw the line?
they wanna steal and steal it all and[b] leave nothing for the growing and upcoming generation[/b].

what about their kids?
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by Fhemmmy: 8:06pm On Jul 31, 2009
bawomolo:

what about their kids?
who cares about their kids, they have stolen enuf to take care of their own generation for a long time.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by asha80(m): 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2009
bawomolo:

what about their kids?

How many of their kids are still living in nigeria?
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by Fhemmmy: 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2009
asha 80:

And they are using that stolen money to take care of their kids wherever they are.
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by bawomolo(m): 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2009
asha 80:

that's what the loot is for
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by Beaf: 10:46pm On Jul 31, 2009
It is futile to tackle any of the listed items without a national conference. Everyone has to know their legal limit, rights and responsibilities before any meaningful positive steps can be taking.

Only a national conference will give a definition and framework to Nigeria.

An undefined country cannot tackle any of the following:
Unemployment
Uninterrupting Power Supply
Corruption
Education Unrest / Affordable Education for all
Social Amenities (Roads, Water)
Health Care Improvement / Regulation
Pollution
Industries / Currency Regulations
Injustice / Human Right
Agriculture
Communication
Oil/ Petroleum Challenges
Spending and FG / State deficit
Others
Re: What In Your View Is The Immediate Problem The Federal and State Governments Should Tackle First? by Uchebobo: 10:54pm On Jul 31, 2009
The perception of some people here is power supply, social amenities and unemployment. People that come to school here prefer to stay back because of unemployment back home. Just one entry for unemployment. it's amazing. it shows that we are doing well but we need uninterrupt power supply to invite more businessess in. it that true? unemployment is not that important in Nigeria of today?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Alao-akala And Other Pdp Candiadtes In Oyo State Disqualified? / Boko Haram Plans To Use Govt Number Plates For Its Attacks / Out Of Curiosity: When Did Igbo Migration Begin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.