Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Married Women Using Their Husband's First Name As Their Middle Name - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Married Women Using Their Husband's First Name As Their Middle Name (1481 Views)

Ooni Of Ife's Wives As They Prepare To Bury Their Husband (photos) / Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East / Why Do Women bear Their Husband's Surname? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Married Women Using Their Husband's First Name As Their Middle Name by yoji: 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2009
i really it doesnt make sense for a woman to bear her husbands first name as her middle name as practised by some tribes. her middle name should be her dads name, cos it paints a beta picture of the person's identity. her name should tell her story. cos after training ur daughter then giving her out in marriage, her link to u on the name front is wiped out, when there is no guarantee of a successful married life but her bloodline family will always be there for her. i once ran into a lady i thot was ibo cos of her name i saw on the file she held only for her to interrupt me when i was speaking in my tribe to a friend cos she incidentally was from my place but married an ibo. i only think its a fair step to take for our sisters and wives
Re: Married Women Using Their Husband's First Name As Their Middle Name by Winnergal(f): 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2009
I retained my maiden name when i got married . . .
Re: Married Women Using Their Husband's First Name As Their Middle Name by mamagee6(f): 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2009
Winnergal:

I retained my maiden name when i got married . . .

Are you serious? shocked

(1) (Reply)

Ile-ife To Celebrate Oranmiyan / Enjoy Modern Ethiopian Music / Famous Yoruba King Is Dead!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.