Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? (38509 Views)

11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / 4 Tricks Mechanics Use In Extorting Money From Car Owners / 10 Disgusting Ways Nigerians Behave When They Become Car Owners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by king406(m): 6:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
neoapocalypse:

News about Buhari is unimportant
pls don't misunderstand me. Hw can buhari not be important? I didn't separate them properly

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2016
V6 even consumes more fuel than 4 plug but people don t know that,me as a person can never buy 4plugs vehicles,I hav been using my camry v6 for over 4 years now and no issues,I travels to my villa in the east with full thanks and still uses my car for some day before buying fuel,I think people that talks bad about v6 are mostly people who hav nt even used the car,ask the people that uses v6 cars and they will tell you v6 engines are the best,
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Sunymoore(m): 6:46pm On Apr 07, 2016
linearity:

Those factors are also common to other vehicles as well...I believe the point is restricted to fuel consumption as it relates to engine, all other things been equal.
https://www.nairaland.com/3033335/fuel-scarcity-v6-car-owners#44488655

Check this for detailed explanation
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by FTBOY: 6:49pm On Apr 07, 2016
Danfuster:

that must be a Mercedes, mine is a Benz E430 V8 16plugs. The only difference now is... My tank is now bigger all of a sudden, thanks to filling station adjusted Meter and pump price. Wanted to stunt one time, so I told the attendant "fill up", before I knew what was happening I don see 80ltr at 11,250 shocked and my tank was still asking for more, naso I tell attendant say make he stop for 12k. Come see Okada riders WY dey queue dey hail me
it's just pathetic. i filled a 25 litres gallon with 35 litres reading on the metre. and the price is N4,900..
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Sunymoore(m): 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2016
FTBOY:
pray tell, how do driving style and load consume petrol?
Driving style surely affect feul economy...
Instances like hard take up, taking up with Rev at 3000-4000RPM, Driving hard at lower gears, not shifting on required time, drive and stop, driving slow at higher gears and numerous things to mention...

Putting excessive load will increase feul consumption, as the car have to work harder to move along with them...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2016
king406:
pls don't misunderstand me. Hw can buhari not be important? I didn't separate them properly

Oh okay, I just needed clarification
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by FTBOY: 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2016
mikeuz:
My v6 is half tank and it has lasted 10days. My car fuel economy is awesome, not to talk of the other cool functions i get from a v6.guy keeping dream and holding on to your 4 plug,life go leave u.
boss, abeg make we hear word. use that v6 run from ojota to ikoyi and back two times....then check your fuel metre..

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 07, 2016
how can anyone compare a v6 or v8 with an i4. i4 is cheap and weak. the only i4 I have respect for is a Prado. I drive a i6 sclass Mercedes Benz and a v8 too, and I don't think I can drive any 4 plug engine cos they are too weak and slow. as for fuel, my s class on full tank can take me to work for a whole month everyday. its over 100 liter. fuel has been very OK for me even at #150.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2016
I4 is the best for naija, with all the potholes and kazeems , I don't see any future for v6 and v8 owners . Many of them are disposing their.

Those nigerians in the forum hailing v6 and v8 aren't using them, if u take time to ivestigate u will see that though their vehicles carry v6 and v8 badge, they all carry v4 engines inside.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by FTBOY: 6:58pm On Apr 07, 2016
Sunymoore:

Driving style surely affect feul economy...
Instances like hard take up, taking up with Rev at 3000-4000RPM, Driving hard at lower gears, not shifting on required time, drive and stop, driving slow at higher gears and numerous things to mention...

Putting excessive load will increase feul consumption, as the car have to work harder to move along with them...
ok, thanks....but does the driving style apply to automatics too?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Umuchoke(m): 7:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
eduwando:
V6 even consumes more fuel than 4 plug but people don t know that,me as a person can never buy 4plugs vehicles,I hav been using my camry v6 for over 4 years now and no issues,I travels to my villa in the east with full thanks and still uses my car for some day before buying fuel,I think people that talks bad about v6 are mostly people who hav nt even used the car,ask the people that uses v6 cars and they will tell you v6 engines are the best,
Nna, biko jiri nwayo. No car, I repeat, no car can take you from Lagos to the east without stopping to refill.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by oseiwe(m): 7:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
Umuchoke:

Nna, biko jiri nwayo. No car, I repeat, no car can take you from Lagos to the east without stopping to refill.
my corolla has and will repeat it!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by yuzedo: 7:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
Umuchoke:

October 2015.

Drove full-tank from Lagos to Awka in a V6. Had over 1/4 when I arrived my destination.

Fueled the next day at Asaba and drove back. Just below half tank at arrival in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by gmacnoms(m): 7:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
Siena:
It's a common misconception that a V6 engine will use more fuel than an I4.

Fuel consumption is determined by:

Engine capacity.
Internal friction.
Emission level.
Vehicle weight.
Transmission type.

I don't know you, but it seems ur very gud with cars. My dad's eod always start jerking when sspeedin gets to 40-50km/h. Has tried different mechanics but none seem to hav given d solution. What could be the cos and what's d solution
Cc: gazzuz
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Sunymoore(m): 7:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
FTBOY:
Of course, it does...
First of all, you can force automatic transmission not to change gear on time by pushing the pedal hard... In that case, instead of the car to change from gear 1 to 2 at 1100-2000RPM, it can be forced to reach 3000+RPM before engaging the next gear! Thus, wasting fuel..
Unnecessary kick down(Kick down means down shifting by hitting the pedal to metal) too can waste feul. Staying in traffic with gear engaged instead of neutral.. Driving fast between bumps, that will cause a lot of engagement and disengagement...

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Fawklicant: 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2016
Umuchoke:

Many many cars will. Obviously, you have only driven fuel guzzlers. Bmw e36 will take you to the east with AC on. By east I mean beyond Awka up to Enugu before fuel is exhausted and that is even an old 90's car. Bmw e46 will take you there on slightly above half tank. A mercedes w163 12 plugs, 3.2 litr engine will take you to Awka and maybe beyond on a full tank.

And these are cars that people here have grave misconceptions about their fuel consumption. Needless to delve into toyota and honda cars that sip fuel.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by grafixdon: 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
My engine is 3.0l v6 engine. I don even park the car since. e dey consume fuel too much
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Chukzyfcb(m): 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
In addition to what siena has said, by default every car owner should cross-check between two cars their MPG(miles per gallon)......
If you see an online review of a I4 car that uses 22mpg and a v6 uses 21mpg...Technically, it means that I4 will consume more fuel. So its important for car-users to know how much kilometres/metres they can go with "so-so" amount of petrol. So when the figures (mpg) starts going higher, you'll know something is wrong....here is a pic extract

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Fawklicant: 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
gmacnoms:
I don't know you, but it seems ur very gud with cars. My dad's eod always start jerking when sspeedin gets to 40-50km/h. Has tried different mechanics but none seem to hav given d solution. What could be the cos and what's d solution

Your Dad should take the car for a scan first and interprete the codes. Mechanics will just be fiddling with what they don;t know. A number of things can cause it, from sensors to nozzles to fuel pump, etc.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Sunymoore(m): 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
gmacnoms:
after Siena's input, you should contact Gazzuz, because Siena is not based in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by BluStreak(m): 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
oseiwe:
Well, Siena has clarified some points abt weight of car and size of engine, cos I always wonder how my guy petrol take dey finish, I used to think twas his driving style, he uses '06 while I use '03, his engine is bigger n car is heavier.
By d way, No V6 or V8 will use half tank from Asaba to Lagos, I can drag dat one and boast for my car, not even Siena go fit am smiley

One car I respect in terms of fuel economy is the 2005 Toyota Camry L4 alias BigForNothing. That car made Asaba - Lekki via Epe using only half thank of fuel. I refilled it at d fuel station at summit junction and got to Lekki Phase 1 with slightly above half tank left. At some point on the journey I felt the fuel gauge ain't working cos it just wasn't moving.

The only downside of that car is; it's underpowered. I don't know about the V6 variant. It doesn't give me that jolt synonymous with a sound V6 engine. That's the sole reason I don't do an L4.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Sunymoore(m): 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
In addition to what siena has said, by default every car owner should cross-check between two cars their MPG(miles per gallon)......
If you see an online review of a v4 car that uses 22mpg and a v6 uses 21mpg...Technically, it means that V4 will consume more fuel. So its important for car-users to know how much kilometres/metres they can go with "so-so" amount of petrol. So when the figures (mpg) starts going higher, you'll know something is wrong....here is a pic extract
I4 not V4..Though V4 might exist, but rare.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Fawklicant: 7:39pm On Apr 07, 2016
Sunymoore:

after Siena's input, you should contact Gazzuz, because Siena is not based in Nigeria...

Very good idea, that is if the Dad is in lagos.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by johnsonjosbles(m): 7:40pm On Apr 07, 2016
apexquest:
I was actually wondering how those owners of v6 cars are coping with the unrepentant fuel situation in the country. Because in my area fuel is currently selling over 220 naira per liter.
infact if my engine was bigger than 2.0 , I would have since packed it and jejely be entering bus.
well for me full tank = 10days , I'm still safe for another 4days.
the fuel crises just dey ruin my local runnings, mtchewwww.
just my thought tho.

pls share your thoughts if u can.
Op na keke NAPEP wey full thank go take u 10days? Or ur working place na 1minut drive? Back to d topic, if by any means V6 owners are not rich dudes! Kindly do the needful and pack it to save ursef future embarassment.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Chukzyfcb(m): 7:42pm On Apr 07, 2016
Sunymoore:
I4 not V4..Though V4 might exist, but rare.
Thank you for the correction
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by gmacnoms(m): 7:42pm On Apr 07, 2016
Sunymoore:

pls, who's gazzuz
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Sunymoore(m): 7:46pm On Apr 07, 2016
gmacnoms:
pls, who's gazzuz
A trusted mechanic on Nairaland, based in Lagos, Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Sunymoore(m): 7:47pm On Apr 07, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
Thank you for the correction
Warmly welcome bro..
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
kaeforum:
I4 is the best for naija, with all the potholes and kazeems , I don't see any future for v6 and v8 owners . Many of them are disposing their.

Those nigerians in the forum hailing v6 and v8 aren't using them, if u take time to ivestigate u will see that though their vehicles carry v6 and v8 badge, they all carry v4 engines inside.
bro abeg in case of next time, there is nothing like v4 OK. its only i4 which means inline-4. it means all the cylinders are arranged in a straight line then you also have i6 or v6. i6 have all their 6 cylinders in a straight line while v6 have 6 cylinders with 3 on one side and another three on the opposite side. the connecting rod of each piston opposite each other is connected to a single crankshaft forming a 'v-shape' hence the v6. so abeg stop saying v4 as it sounds so rritating. it's like u hearing someone say INEC is international Nigeria electoral commission. its disgusting init?

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 07, 2016
FTBOY:
yes baws
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2016
Honestly when people say V6 cars use more fuel than regular four cylinder cars I wonder whether mine had two cylinders removed.

My Honda Accord 2010 V6 conserves fuel far better than my wife's Kia Cerato 1.6L 2014 model
My full tank just dropped one bar since Sunday and I've been running my ride constantly!
I guess Honda knows wassup

I'm happy jare!
And yes I bought fuel for N86. 50 after paying for priority service (N1000 to jump the queue)
Re: Fuel Scarcity: V6 Car Owners, How Are You Guys Coping? by gidjah(m): 8:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
All my cars have been i4 until I j this Camry v6!I tell Una no more small cars o!, V6 all d way on from this one, I am really enjoying my V6, using for like 4yrs now and never have to loose anything from the engine save servicing!,I use to be afraid of V6 until God have me this Camry .But my major trouble is d fuel consumption area o!,I haven't been lucky in that aspect,may be na witch craft I can't say, I am really coping sha !!boys are not complaining o !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hyundai And Kia Develop World’s First ICT Connected Shift System (photos) / Within 48 Hours, 43 Nigerians Win Bids For Vehicles Seized By Customs – Official / Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.