Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman - Programming (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman (41338 Views)

How To Program Arduino Uno / How To Program With Your Android Phone Using Aide IDE Environment / Which Training Center Can Someone Learn How To Program Quickly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 8:23am On May 10, 2016
satmaniac:

Good morning everybody smiley Oya make una wake up, I see teacher dey come class. Shebi na 2day in dey teach us arrange....sorry...erm...wetin be the name self....hit head and stamp feet on the ground...Ok now I don get am. Array.

cheesy So dis guy too don tey for the game. Thumb up bro. Come o! This one wey our teacher never show face so, hope say that fine lady never carry her feet match our teacher face o grin Bia, Sugarhugs, come explain yasef before we pronounce you guilty.
You know say, the instruction was to put feet on his face, no go match our oga face o sad

LoL
grin B4 teacher go carry bandaged Nose enter class.

I never tey 4 d game na advice wey 4 programming forum like dat.

Naim i Say make i share am 2 her.
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Nobody: 9:34am On May 10, 2016
satmaniac:

Good morning everybody smiley Oya make una wake up, I see teacher dey come class. Shebi na 2day in dey teach us arrange....sorry...erm...wetin be the name self....hit head and stamp feet on the ground...Ok now I don get am. Array.

cheesy So dis guy too don tey for the game. Thumb up bro. Come o! This one wey our teacher never show face so, hope say that fine lady never carry her feet match our teacher face o grin Bia, Sugarhugs, come explain yasef before we pronounce you guilty.
You know say, the instruction was to put feet on his face, no go match our oga face o sad

Looooool, I'm innocent o, like innocent idibia grin

1 Like

Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Nobody: 9:36am On May 10, 2016
Fulaman198:

Hello dear, some aspects of programming does, especially gaming programming and understanding recursion. This is simply more advanced programming. For instance, if I wanted to write a while loop which would take 15 lines of code, I can probably do it in 5 lines of code with Recursion.

Some aspects of programming (especially if you ever take a data structures and algorithms class) requires understanding of Discrete Structures and Linear Algebra. If you ever get involved in advanced 3D games programming, you would want a good understanding of physics and calculus.

BTW, here is another link for Python, I hope that you have better luck with this: https://www.coursera.org/learn/python/home/welcome

Thanks very much kiss

BTW seems you were offline all through yesterday. Hope you okay?

1 Like

Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 10, 2016
Sugarhugs... If you derail this thread again with Snake questions, I'll tear yo clothes apart...

Nice Work @Fulaman...
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Fulaman198(m): 5:52pm On May 10, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Thanks very much kiss

BTW seems you were offline all through yesterday. Hope you okay?

Lol I'm fine, thanks for asking just busy with projects.
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 10, 2016
Fulaman198:

Lol I'm fine, thanks for asking just busy with projects.

Wlcm my dear kiss

1 Like

Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by satmaniac(m): 8:45am On May 11, 2016
Fulaman198:
@Antonineutron and @the comedian satmaniac lol I will grade your assignments hopefully before tomorrow, I'm caught up in a storm of stuff right now. Please bare with me, I will hopefully have them graded no later than Wednesday.

Aha got it....project tinz. Remember rest is also a weapon against sickness.

1 Like

Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by satmaniac(m): 8:58am On May 11, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Looooool, I'm innocent o, like innocent idibia grin

shocked Blasphemy!!! How dare you call a serial 'impregnator' innocent? Is that how innocent you are grin grin grin grin?
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Nobody: 9:07am On May 11, 2016
satmaniac:

shocked Blasphemy!!! How dare you call a serial 'impregnator' innocent? Is that how innocent you are grin grin grin grin?

Lol na you know grin
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Fulaman198(m): 9:10am On May 11, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Wlcm my dear kiss

Thank you master/boss kiss
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Fulaman198(m): 9:10am On May 11, 2016
satmaniac:

Aha got it....project tinz. Remember rest is also a weapon against sickness.

I'll grade your assignment later today my friend. Sorry once again.
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Nobody: 9:10am On May 11, 2016
Fulaman198:

Thank you master/boss kiss

Lol you are the master/boss programmer na!

1 Like

Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Fulaman198(m): 9:13am On May 11, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Lol you are the master/boss programmer na!

Kind of somewhat, but beautiful and kind women are the boss and I must be courteous to them at all times.
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Nobody: 9:47am On May 11, 2016
Fulaman198:

Kind of somewhat, but beautiful and kind women are the boss and I must be courteous to them at all times.

Lol na so, what about ugly women?
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Diamondwriter(m): 12:35pm On May 11, 2016
there is no option for 77 for d jdk download. which should I take? and does d 64 attached mean 64 bits cos my system is 32 bit
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Fulaman198(m): 6:01pm On May 11, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Lol na so, what about ugly women?

I'm courteous to all women but to a beautiful woman I'd actually kneel down on one knee and kiss her foot graciously.
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Fulaman198(m): 6:03pm On May 11, 2016
Diamondwriter:
there is no option for 77 for d jdk download. which should I take? and does d 64 attached mean 64 bits cos my system is 32 bit

At the time of the original write-up, 77 was the latest version. Please download whichever is the latest version for you. If your system is 32 bits, then download the 32-bit version.
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 11, 2016
Fulaman198:

I'm courteous to all women but to a beautiful woman I'd actually kneel down on one knee and kiss her foot graciously.

Lol *blushing* smiley

1 Like

Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 11, 2016
angry

1 Like

Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Dekatron(m): 8:37pm On May 12, 2016
hey fulaman198... I actually just saw the day whatever assignment..... so I tried it and go it within not up to 15 mins(including watching musical videos simultaneously.... I am notorious for not always commenting on my codes.....do accept my "laziness"...and I already started typing away before I remembered I should use "switch" statements instead of multiple IFs.......also, I wrote my code and ran ONCE.....Not gloating sha ooo undecided grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

import java.util.Scanner;
public class FulaAssignment {

@SuppressWarnings("resource"wink
public static void main(String[] args) {
Scanner length = new Scanner (System.in);
Scanner selector = new Scanner (System.in);
Scanner distance = new Scanner (System.in);
Scanner temperature = new Scanner (System.in);
Scanner currency = new Scanner (System.in);
float cm;
int select=5;
double inch;
float m;
double ft;
float cel;
double fahr;
float naira;
double euro;
System.out.println("Input a number: "wink;
select = selector.nextInt();
while (select < 5) {
if (select == 1) {

System.out.println("Enter the value of 'cm' to be converted to 'inch': "wink;
cm = length.nextFloat();
inch = cm/2.54;
System.out.println("The value of " + cm+"cm" + "in inches is:" +inch);
System.out.println();
}
else if (select == 2){
System.out.println("Enter the value of 'ft' to be converted to 'm': "wink;
m = distance.nextFloat();
ft = m * 3.28;
System.out.println("The value of" +m+"M" + " in feet is:" + ft);
System.out.println();
}
else if (select == 3){
System.out.println("Enter the value of 'C' to be converted to Fahrenheit"wink;
cel = temperature.nextFloat();
fahr = (1.cool* cel + 32;
System.out.println("The value of" + cel+"degrees" + " in Fahrenheit is: " + fahr);
System.out.println();
}
else if (select == 4) {

System.out.println("Enter the amount of Naira to be converted to Euros: "wink;
naira = currency.nextFloat();
euro = naira/227.96;
System.out.println("The amount of " + naira+"N" + " in Euro is: " + euro);
System.out.println();
}
else if (select == 5){

System.out.println("Exiting now. . . . "wink;
System.exit(0);

}
select++;
}

}

}

Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 12, 2016
I've always seen Java's long codes on small tasks to be a pain in the butt.. Though I have a Hardcopy Textbook, ''Java, How to Program'' by Paul/Harvey Deitel, I still find it hard to like it as a choice of language...

@Fulaman198, How can I adapt or start using this language fluently... I've seen that its productivity rate(based on usefulness) is quite high as one can develop good desktop and mobile apps with it.. I have to make a choice between Java and Python...

I've seen the GUI part in the textbook and I was like, ''whadda eff''... Long lines of code to create a simple GUI.. I guess that's why most peeps find it difficult on training emselves on Java...

My question is: In what ways should I approach Java so as to fully understand the concepts and embrace it without minding its ugliness...??
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by hardebayho(m): 2:39pm On May 13, 2016
elpedro:
I've always seen Java's long codes on small tasks to be a pain in the butt.. Though I have a Hardcopy Textbook, ''Java, How to Program'' by Paul/Harvey Deitel, I still find it hard to like it as a choice of language...

@Fulaman198, How can I adapt or start using this language fluently... I've seen that its productivity rate(based on usefulness) is quite high as one can develop good desktop and mobile apps with it.. I have to make a choice between Java and Python...

I've seen the GUI part in the textbook and I was like, ''whadda eff''... Long lines of code to create a simple GUI.. I guess that's why most peeps find it difficult on training emselves on Java...

My question is: In what ways should I approach Java so as to fully understand the concepts and embrace it without minding its ugliness...??

The only way you can. Just APPROACH IT
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Nobody: 10:19am On May 22, 2016
It has been a while, hope all is well with u @fulaman198. 'ta jata'
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2016
FULAMAN project is really serious oo.

Anyhow Goodluck to u. And we are waiting!!
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Fulaman198(m): 6:18pm On May 28, 2016
I'm sorry ladies and gentlemen, I have not forgotten about you and I will try and make it up to you tomorrow or Monday. I'm really sorry but I have been so busy. Please tolerate my absence. I will be posting again sometime soon. In the meantime, I hope that you are all doing well.
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by satmaniac(m): 12:02am On May 29, 2016
Fulaman198:
I'm sorry ladies and gentlemen, I have not forgotten about you and I will try and make it up to you tomorrow or Monday. I'm really sorry but I have been so busy. Please tolerate my absence. I will be posting again sometime soon. In the meantime, I hope that you are all doing well.

No wahala bro, I and I guess others too know how busy you are.
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Nobody: 5:50am On May 29, 2016
elpedro:

Have a proper understanding of variables and how objects, methods, functions etc work. Every program is made up of little components that work together. Look through source code. Try to break the program into little parts, line by line, see what each line does and why it does so. Programming is about creating solutions, there are no 'right' solutions.
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Dekatron(m): 11:08am On May 29, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Have a proper understanding of variables and how objects, methods, functions etc work. Every program is made up of little components that work together. Look through source code. Try to break the program into little parts, line by line, see what each line does and why it does so. Programming is about creating solutions, there are no 'right' solutions.

boss man... why una come disappear nah? i tried going to onyenkuzi.com but keep getting confused.no clear direction no nothing..... and whatsapp, you just disappeared....maka wetin happen?
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Nobody: 11:47am On May 29, 2016
Dekatron:

boss man... why una come disappear nah? i tried going to onyenkuzi.com but keep getting confused.no clear direction no nothing..... and whatsapp, you just disappeared....maka wetin happen?
Lol. No vex. Go crash the site wey i dey try something. The site's back now. Been really busy. But should be updated by next week.

I dey o. Been dey hustle. grin
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Fulaman198(m): 4:09pm On May 29, 2016
crotonite:
It has been a while, hope all is well with u @fulaman198. 'ta jata'

All is well bros I'll try to post later today in the late evening
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Fulaman198(m): 4:11pm On May 29, 2016
Dekatron:
hey fulaman198... I actually just saw the day whatever assignment..... so I tried it and go it within not up to 15 mins(including watching musical videos simultaneously.... I am notorious for not always commenting on my codes.....do accept my "laziness"...and I already started typing away before I remembered I should use "switch" statements instead of multiple IFs.......also, I wrote my code and ran ONCE.....Not gloating sha ooo undecided grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

import java.util.Scanner;
public class FulaAssignment {

@SuppressWarnings("resource"wink
public static void main(String[] args) {
Scanner length = new Scanner (System.in);
Scanner selector = new Scanner (System.in);
Scanner distance = new Scanner (System.in);
Scanner temperature = new Scanner (System.in);
Scanner currency = new Scanner (System.in);
float cm;
int select=5;
double inch;
float m;
double ft;
float cel;
double fahr;
float naira;
double euro;
System.out.println("Input a number: "wink;
select = selector.nextInt();
while (select < 5) {
if (select == 1) {

System.out.println("Enter the value of 'cm' to be converted to 'inch': "wink;
cm = length.nextFloat();
inch = cm/2.54;
System.out.println("The value of " + cm+"cm" + "in inches is:" +inch);
System.out.println();
}
else if (select == 2){
System.out.println("Enter the value of 'ft' to be converted to 'm': "wink;
m = distance.nextFloat();
ft = m * 3.28;
System.out.println("The value of" +m+"M" + " in feet is:" + ft);
System.out.println();
}
else if (select == 3){
System.out.println("Enter the value of 'C' to be converted to Fahrenheit"wink;
cel = temperature.nextFloat();
fahr = (1.cool* cel + 32;
System.out.println("The value of" + cel+"degrees" + " in Fahrenheit is: " + fahr);
System.out.println();
}
else if (select == 4) {

System.out.println("Enter the amount of Naira to be converted to Euros: "wink;
naira = currency.nextFloat();
euro = naira/227.96;
System.out.println("The amount of " + naira+"N" + " in Euro is: " + euro);
System.out.println();
}
else if (select == 5){

System.out.println("Exiting now. . . . "wink;
System.exit(0);

}
select++;
}

}

}

I'll take a look at this later and share my thoughts
Re: Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman by Fulaman198(m): 4:12pm On May 29, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:
FULAMAN project is really serious oo.

Anyhow Goodluck to u.
And we are waiting!!

Sorry youngster, I'm semi back

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Java Vs PHP: Which Has The Brightest Future? / The Top Highly Paid Programming Languages To Learn / What Are The Best Laptops For Programmers And Hackers?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.