Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large (15536 Views)

Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill / Emir Sanusi To Nigerian Muslims: "Let’s Peg Marriage Age" / Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 07, 2016
Seems someone is finding a tactical way of pushing some responsibilities to womenfolk. Good job.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by dickt(m): 9:32am On Apr 07, 2016
If women feel our fore fathers cheated them so they want to take their pound of flesh frm us, it's wrong. Were you alive when our fore mothers were cheated? No. Was I alive? No. So how come you want to take it out on me? If women start truly struggling for healthy and biblical equality, I will lend support but for this selfish meantime, I'm vehemently against it.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by ifyeez: 9:32am On Apr 07, 2016
fellis:
Good topic Op.

But I actually stopped believing in gender equality because after seeing the frequency which men rob, kill and keep human abbatoirs and rape their own children I don't think it's possible for the two genders to be considered equal.

It's not possible at all.
One is actually better than the other.
Everybody come n see Olodo.
Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 9:34am On Apr 07, 2016
DivaFiva:

As for no. 6, there are infact women who would gladly do those jobs if it puts food on their table without it causing a stigma that will cause the prospective husbands to flee. At least that's what we are made to believe.
1. Now whose fault is it that they feel that doing such jobs will lead to stigmatization?
2. Both Genders will never be regarded as equals, don't get me wrong i'm not saying any gender is superior to the other what i'm saying is that we were built differently and made for specific purposes.
3. Due to the fragility of the female sex they are not expected to engage in rigorous jobs such as masonry while the males are not very compassionate in nature to take on delicate task as home management.
In conclusion, both sexes can't be regarded as equals but to a great extent can be treated as equals in the face of the society, disregarding certain societal norms.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by Dinirojones(m): 9:34am On Apr 07, 2016
Total bull crap......we have more pressing issues to deal with....all these feminist should jus take a chill pill jare..... angry

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 07, 2016
DivaFiva:
I'm about to attempt to persuade our men to subscribe to the feminist ideology. Sorry it's kinda lengthy

Assumptions: An already thriving economy

1. Reduced Malnutrition and Child-Hunger: When more mothers become salary earners, it is no surprise that kids tend to eat better. As a man, seeing your kids healthy and agile, especially when it causes less strain to your pocket should be a welcomed relief. You were once a kid, think of all the things your mother bought in periods she had more than enough. Unless your mum was deadbeat or abusive, the gain was shared by her and her kids and usually the gain was better food or cooking equipment.

2. More Productivity: The idea that "women are worth less" begins from childhood but it begins to resonate with us as teenager( which by the way is one of the worst periods we face due to hormonal changes and insecurities attached) and as young adults we already believe that so, we act accordingly. In secondary school, a lot of us can attest to the fact that more often than not that more girls were top of the class. In the university however, we lose trail. If women are taught to be more confident in their abilities, we create a more productive economy.

3. Shared responsibility: Believe it or not a lot of Nigerian women are not comfortable asking their significant order for money EVERY little thing. Some of you guys actually love and crave being the SOLE provider because of the power and control ( it gives) over someone else's life especially when they get a good enough pay. With equality, abusive partners lose that power as well...The power that keeps the woman silent in pain. Slowly but surely, men may never have to pay for wives because it sorta cheapens our worth especially when men literally take bride-prices to mean ownership.

4. Freedom of Expression: Some men would love to be as you are... Wear whatever (pink jeans), talk however (loud talkers who smack their lips) even in adult hood without being looked down on or referred to as a "woman" as though it is derogatory. Some men are natural CAREGIVERS who would be satisfied being a nurse, a cook or a stay-at-home parent but society would not let them be great. When women are equal, gender lines are blurred a bit and people are more likely to come around to accepting you for who you are.

5. Your daughters: As at now, it may be convenient for you to say "Men are superior" until your daughter pick up the equality struggle from where older women (and men alike) left off. It's time we make progress with this and that's if we want to eventually be a highly functional society that makes the best out of majority of her citizens both men and women.

6. End of Hypermasculinity: Most men would rather just be masculine rather than going through the trouble of proving that they are "MEN" over and over again. I know it can be exhaustive, trying to hold back tears when what you really feel like it is to cry and feel better afterwards. I know it is harder for some men to ask for help because of the EGO and hyper-masculinity urges. Some of our men would grow up thinking it is manly to frown and play less so your kids can respect you. Yeah..(:|) try FEAR! When they grow old, they tend to resent he father more often for the scars he caused them.

When I heard about the gender equality bill that was declined, my heart sunk but I needed to get the word across so we can know.

Oya add your two cents...or even add to the list.
right now the only thing I would support is that government should ban bride price,make verbal abuse a crime,after these two injustice towards men have been tackled,we can then start pondering on the points you raise....left to me,one don't need any law to become a career woman or whatever you are driving about,the general human right have already cover everybody,if the senate decide to pass this bill then they will also have to review and dismiss the homosexuality bill which was sign base on religion and moral reasons

6 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 07, 2016
it is something that would happen eventually. Nigeria will get there.

we should all just continue to train our sisters and daughters to be independent and driven and that man must respect you and you will get that equality naturally.

I prefer and believe in the term gender equality not being tagged with an ideological movement that ends with an "ism".

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by dickt(m): 9:44am On Apr 07, 2016
I know some foolish men who can rightly be termed counterfeit men have already bought this gender equality thingy. To those men I say, don't be too gullible.
It's counterfeit men in the U.S. that allowed women to topple them rightwise. Now if there's a set of persons that don't hav rights in the U.S., it's the straight male folk. What caused it? The feminity struggle. Gays, women , kids, etc have more rights. They were struggling for equality , got it , kept struggling and now they have more rights . Now the Nigerian females want to do same to us. It won't work.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 07, 2016
dickt:
If women feel our fore fathers cheated them so they want to take their pound of flesh frm us, it's wrong. Were you alive when our fore mothers were cheated? No. Was I alive? No. So how come you want to take it out on me? If women start truly struggling for healthy and biblical equality, I will lend support but for this selfish meantime, I'm vehemently against it.

what are you talking about?

who is fighting you?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by dickt(m): 9:45am On Apr 07, 2016
I know some foolish men who can rightly be termed counterfeit men have already bought this gender equality thingy. To those men I say, don't be too gullible.
It's counterfeit men in the U.S. that allowed women to topple them rightwise. Now if there's a set of persons that don't hav rights in the U.S., it's the straight male folk. What caused it? The feminity struggle. Gays, women , kids, etc have more rights. They were struggling for equality , got it , kept struggling and now they have more rights . Now the Nigerian females want to do same to us. It won't work

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by joshrare(m): 9:46am On Apr 07, 2016
Nor be their fault(ladies) na adam long throat cause am... They will always want more even when they have it all...

To the ladies out there craving for gender equality, let it be known to u that we are in africa and nigeria precisely,... Things are done differently here.....

Trust me even if that bill is passed you will at one point in the future seek reversal. Every benefit listed above already exist and the equality bill will only heighten it.. Trust 9ja men/guys

Count your teeth with your tongue

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by gospi: 9:47am On Apr 07, 2016
DivaFiva:
I'm about to attempt to persuade our men to subscribe to the feminist ideology. Sorry it's kinda lengthy

1. Reduced Malnutrition and Child-Hunger: When more mothers become salary earners, it is no surprise that kids tend to eat better. As a man, seeing your kids healthy and agile, especially when it causes less strain to your pocket should be a welcomed relief. You were once a kid, think of all the things your mother bought in periods she had more than enough. Unless your mum was deadbeat or abusive, the gain was shared by her and her kids and usually the gain was better food or cooking equipment.

2. More Productivity: The idea that "women are worth less" begins from childhood but it begins to resonate with us as teenager( which by the way is one of the worst periods we face due to hormonal changes and insecurities attached) and as young adults we already believe that so, we act accordingly. In secondary school, a lot of us can attest to the fact that more often than not that more girls were top of the class. In the university however, we lose trail. If women are taught to be more confident in their abilities, we create a more productive economy.

3. Shared responsibility: Believe it or not a lot of Nigerian women are not comfortable asking their significant order for money EVERY little thing. Some of you guys actually love and crave being the SOLE provider because of the power and control ( it gives) over someone else's life especially when they get a good enough pay. With equality, abusive partners lose that power as well...The power that keeps the woman silent in pain. Slowly but surely, men may never have to pay for wives because it sorta cheapens our worth especially when men literally take bride-prices to mean ownership.

4. Freedom of Expression: Some men would love to be as you are... Wear whatever (pink jeans), talk however (loud talkers who smack their lips) even in adult hood without being looked down on or referred to as a "woman" as though it is derogatory. Some men are natural CAREGIVERS who would be satisfied being a nurse, a cook or a stay-at-home parent but society would not let them be great. When women are equal, gender lines are blurred a bit and people are more likely to come around to accepting you for who you are.

5. Your daughters: As at now, it may be convenient for you to say "Men are superior" until your daughter pick up the equality struggle from where older women (and men alike) left off. It's time we make progress with this and that's if we want to eventually be a highly functional society that makes the best out of majority of her citizens both men and women.

6. End of Hypermasculinity: Most men would rather just be masculine rather than going through the trouble of proving that they are "MEN" over and over again. I know it can be exhaustive, trying to hold back tears when what you really feel like it is to cry and feel better afterwards. I know it is harder for some men to ask for help because of the EGO and hyper-masculinity urges. Some of our men would grow up thinking it is manly to frown and play less so your kids can respect you. Yeah..(:|) try FEAR! When they grow old, they tend to resent he father more often for the scars he caused them.

When I heard about the gender equality bill that was declined, my heart sunk but I needed to get the word across so we can know.

Hello sweery. U don't have to ask for permission from any person,I repeat "any person"(especially the so called men)for you to become who Eva or wat Eva u want to become. Read the book of Genesis 1 and know the reason men always want to put women under or subdue them.Here's the reason : THEY ARE ONLY ACTING THE CURSE PLACED ON THEM BY GOD AGAINST WOMEN. The bible verse says :THEY SHALL RULE OVER YOU. And check very well that's all dey wana do. Curse is not a good thing.So leave them to act the curse while you act the blessing that God has placed on you by becoming who you want to be.Never let anything or anyone especially men stop u from becoming who you want to be.God created you and gave you the power to subdue why asking from your fellow human for permission to be a great woman that you want to be.. Just be who you want cos God has allowed you. They will never see the reason for the equality even if u talk from today till tomorrow because they are cursed ,they don't know what they are doing trust me.JUST TALK TO GOD AND ACHIEVE YOUR DREAMS. DONT EVEN THINK OF MARRYING A MAN WITHOUT DISCUSSING THESE DREAMS TO AVOID THE ONES BENT ON ACTING THE CURSE INSTEAD OF BLESSINGS COS THEY WILL RUIN IT.
Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by Doubleagent008(m): 9:52am On Apr 07, 2016
Nice one OP. you have made some good points. I don't totally agree with some of the things you have written. Gender Equality has a lot of aspects that people muddle up together. it's got A social, Political, Economic, judiciary aspects among others. Getting the bill passed or voted is going to take long to come.
as for how it affects us, People seem to mistake Gender Equality for "Gender Favoritism " I have an instance for you, You must have at one point in time seen in the News that some women groups asking that women should make up 40-50% of government cabinet in the name of Gender Equality. that is not Equality that is like Favoritism because for women to make up 50% of the cabinet, that will mean some men who should be there will be overlooked because a "woman" must be there. Rather our equality should target removing limitations to the woman folks so that it makes them be at the same playing level in competition but not that you start giving the female folks quota as a right (equality would mean fairness to everybody) .
So in true equality one would expect women to also be in troops travelling for peace keeping mission in troubled Zones ( can the government afford that?). have you considered the Economic implications how many working hours are lost to Maternity leave e.t.c? the more the women the more the man hours lost.
And even a true equality would also remove the social ' customary' privileges that are attached to the female gender e.g Being a gentleman is unarguably expected of a guy be it convenient or not. Among some other things
that your point 4 is cool but the example is not really a perfect one case in point ; the matter of gender colour assignment is more of a social trend than any other thing and can change at any time and everyone will still get on board. I have at one point read that in the mid 20th century, Blue was seen as a feminine colour and Pink a male colour but the reverse is the case today and no one is really worried. Gender Equality really won't affect a case of social trend.
I'm all for respect of women but this Gender Equality movement still has a long way from being perfect. Even western Nations haven't made equality in all aspects and more questions keep rising by the day.
In all I appreciate the write up

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by 4C2215131: 9:55am On Apr 07, 2016
Unfortunately, while the OP makes some sense, the issue is out of the hands of man. Do you really think there is true gender equality even in western countries (real true gender equality? ever heard of the 'Glass Ceiling'?).

The cosmos has placed the man at the top. Nature has made the decision. We can only try to build and/or modify it but, when it really comes to it the man remains the leader (real men, that is).

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by Doubleagent008(m): 9:59am On Apr 07, 2016
kevinberry:
right now the only thing I would support is that government should ban bride price,make verbal abuse a crime,after these two injustice towards men have been tackled,we can then start pondering on the points you raise....left to me,one don't need any law to become a career woman or whatever you are driving about,the general human right have already cover everybody,if the senate decide to pass this bill then they will also have to review and dismiss the homosexuality bill which was sign base on religion and moral reasons
good one chief. I like your view. Gender equality will really affect and alter many social sequences and functions.
if it's to be done in all rights, it will even take some privileges from women in fact.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 07, 2016
Women want gender equality? De have maternity leave and are currently asking for menstrual leave. How many leaves men get?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by 4C2215131: 9:59am On Apr 07, 2016
gospi:

Hello sweery. U don't have to ask for permission from any person,I repeat "any person"(especially the so called men)for you to become who Eva or wat Eva u want to become. Read the book of Genesis 1 and know the reason men always want to put women under or subdue them.Here's the reason : THEY ARE ONLY ACTING THE CURSE PLACED ON THEM BY GOD AGAINST WOMEN. The bible verse says :THEY SHALL RULE OVER YOU. And check very well that's all dey wana do. Curse is not a good thing.So leave them to act the curse while you act the blessing that God has placed on you by becoming who you want to be.Never let anything or anyone especially men stop u from becoming who you want to be.God created you and gave you the power to subdue why asking from your fellow human for permission to be a great woman that you want to be.. Just be who you want cos God has allowed you. They will never see the reason for the equality even if u talk from today till tomorrow because they are cursed ,they don't know what they are doing trust me.JUST TALK TO GOD AND ACHIEVE YOUR DREAMS. DONT EVEN THINK OF MARRYING A MAN WITHOUT DISCUSSING THESE DREAMS TO AVOID THE ONES BENT ON ACTING THE CURSE INSTEAD OF BLESSINGS COS THEY WILL RUIN IT.

"DONT EVEN THINK OF MARRYING A MAN WITHOUT DISCUSSING THESE DREAMS TO AVOID THE ONES BENT ON ACTING THE CURSE INSTEAD OF BLESSINGS COS THEY WILL RUIN IT"- I wonder why you're still advising her to get married to a gender that according to you has been cursed by God. Do you want her to partake of that curse. Why don't you just advice her to remain single and find happiness in her spinsterhood.

Your retort reeks of so much anger and angst against life in general. Take it easy. A curse on men...common!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by olajigaolamide: 10:05am On Apr 07, 2016
As a man i will not need the help of anyone to feed my child and my entire family
Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by adroitvezy(m): 10:09am On Apr 07, 2016
How can the gender be equal? Wetin God don make unequal... Women will always be under men . It has been like that from the beginning when God created woman as a helper for man.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by dickt(m): 10:16am On Apr 07, 2016
God created man & woman with diff capabilities.Men are better in certain things while women are better in others & it's natural but feminists don't want men 2 enjoy their area of specialisation alone even though they are not putting foward the area of specialisation of the females for the males 2 enjoy too.Is that not selfish? U want to share with me but when you have more than me, you keep it 2 yourself.Counterfeit men that support feminism, be wise so you & your kids won't become a victim later on like the U.S. men have.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by dickt(m): 10:25am On Apr 07, 2016
It's disheartening that humans have decided to go against nature in all ramifications forgetting that when you do so you face dire consequences.Now there are genetically modified foods everywhere which are the cause of several illnesses.
Now it's feminism. The feminist movement is against nature, against the creator's plan but christians are supporting it.
God said man is the head of the family but the feminist will say (in Destiny Child's voice) always 50-50 in relationships. Think about it

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by bukatyne(f): 10:28am On Apr 07, 2016
dickt:

Healthy and Biblical equality... grin grin grin grin

I must admit that's a new one

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by dickt(m): 10:32am On Apr 07, 2016
U235weapongrade:
..men of quality don't fear equality

That is a statement intended 2 use in subtly bending men to agree with feminism.Men, don't be fooled

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by 1Dray(m): 10:34am On Apr 07, 2016
amarachi06:
The reason Nigeria is backwards is because of non integration of women in politics. if you educate a woman, you educate/empower a nation. A nation bounded by religion is not civilized, no matter how you look at it.

Women are in politics in Nigeria but how active are they in it.

Nawao... Religion kwa. What are today's ladies turning themselves to?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by flokii: 10:34am On Apr 07, 2016
DivaFiva:

you better be careful and stay where you are..

I dnt want to read in News about how you got kidnapped, converted to islam & married off to an emir

just live your life abeg.. we have men that respect women and those that don't (eg. Dino Maleye and his fellow "paraga joint chit chat" colleagues)

no bill can change their mindset... not in this present date & time
Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by derecho(m): 10:36am On Apr 07, 2016
Equality defined by who?Everyone has a role.
All I know is that WHEN A MAN IS A MAN ,A WOMAN WILL BE A WOMAN.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by efficiencie(m): 10:40am On Apr 07, 2016
Gender equality is tantamount to "genderized" stupidity! The principles of equilibrium maintains that for stability to hold the opposing forces of nature must be such that deviations from equilibrium results in excesses that restore equilibrium...However if these forces are "equal" equilibrium may cease to exist and if it does stability is not guaranteed and chaos results...Instead of gender equality i advocate gender empowerment. Women should be empowered to play the special roles that makes the society functiona instead on angling to play the roles assigned to the men. I theorize that gender equality, enforced in its strict sense, could be the end of marriages. If men could play women's roles and vice versa why would marriages be necessary since the only thing that would be lacking would be sexual satisfaction and thanks to the prostitute and toy boy industry lifetime sexual satisfaction is cheaper than a wedding or a marriage...

Gender equality is a preposterous construct of minds that are bereft of harmony, stability and sound conscience!

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by AbrahamLincoln(m): 10:41am On Apr 07, 2016
DivaFiva:

NO I DON'T SUPPORT IT BECAUSE Y'ALL BIATCHES STILL EXPECT ME TO TAKE YOUR
COAT, OPEN CAR DOORS FOR YA, GET THE BILLS AND BE ROMANTIC SO NO, YOU DO THOSE YOURSELVES AND WE CAN PASS THE BILL.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by dickt(m): 10:47am On Apr 07, 2016
DivaFiva:

Many "important" issues to trash like what?
Women are favored with jobs?? In case you haven't noticed, any job that required actual TECHNICAL skills or CRITICAL thinking are supposedly left for the men while women become Make up artist, beauty pageant contestants, secretary and the likes. I do not consider those favorable.

In case you missed it, an assumption I made was a thriving economy!

You are not a woman so I do not expect you to easily empathize with what they have to suffer when they have to BEG or ASK someone else for almost every thing.

You can dismiss expression for all I care but I believe a lot of men do not reason like you do. I just read a post about a man who fancies dominant women and because we are thought to be docile and know "our place" a lot of people including men suppress such expressions. Yes, sexual orientation and preferences are ways we express ourselves.

As for no. 6, there are infact women who would gladly do those jobs if it puts food on their table without it causing a stigma that will cause the prospective husbands to flee. At least that's what we are made to believe.

Be reliably informed that men who like to be dominated are unnatural or otherwise known as counterfeit men. They are not behaving the way God intended them to behave so you don't have to judge the men folk based on their inclinations, actions or inactions

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by porozhniy(m): 10:48am On Apr 07, 2016
Equal opportunity does not always amount to equal outcome;- running for a political office is open to both gender, mostly men contest. We have equal rights to own properties, equal access to education, yet a good number of women tend not make use of those rights. Heck! You even have a women ministry, special funds for women entrepreneurs, scholarships for females only, yet more whining. What y'all see as gender inequality is simply women refusing to take personal responsibility for their lives. What proponents of that bill want is simply, i.e:- No fault divorce, hefty divorce pay outs, parental alienation while forcing the man to support kids he may never see again, get out of trouble/ destroy a man's life using rape hoaxes & false domestic abuse allegations, thought police for men, mansplaining, quota system for women . . . How does any of this benefit the men?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by dickt(m): 10:56am On Apr 07, 2016
Joavid:

what are you talking about?

who is fighting you?
It's clear you don't knw what the feminism you are supporting is about. No need to answer your qtns cause it will take a lot of doing.Sorry

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large by LoveJesus87(m): 11:01am On Apr 07, 2016
Terry68:
According to your post.

1. In todays Nigeria, women are increasely favoured with juicy jobs opportunity than their male counterpart. Take a review.

2. I might agree with this point but not suitable for the Nigeria state. Since women became more relevant to economic contributions, male opportunist who were favoured into the labour market became more desperate and corruption heighten to beat the pace between the ladies in same shoes.
Your number two does not hold water for a Nigeria state.

3.shared responsibility is already going on in some families, but cannot be force on people since many Nigerians still believe in their cultural heritage. Many traditions will never allow a female seek hand of marriage or pay 'groom price'. sounds odd.

4. This one is pointless

5. Pointless

6. Majority of women that studied electrical, mechanical, building or any of its ilk would want to practice it. Will they like to be crane operator, vulcanizer, shoe maker or iron bender on a voluntary scale?

OP, Nigerians are not just ready for this gender distractions. We have many important issues to thrash not this.

Mods! It's time we develop dislike button.
Thank u jare bro. E be lyk sayd Op don shop belleful con tink astray

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oluwo Akanbi Blames Nigeria's Economic Crisis On Idol Worship / The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! / What You Need To Know About The Urhobos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.