Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China (12460 Views)

Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) / Buhari Didn’t Sign Any Loan Deal With China – Presidency / Currency Deal With China: Things To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by Adesiji77: 8:22am On Apr 07, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari will sign a loan deal with China during a visit next week as the Federal Government seeks funds to finance the over N2tn budget deficit

This is expected to help the government to finance badly-needed infrastructure projects.

Speaking to Reuters, the Special Adviser to the President on Media, Mr. Femi Adesina, said, “I can’t tell you how much until the day the loan will be signed. Both countries will also be signing some bilateral agreements to strengthen their relationship; that is all I can say now.”

The economy has been hit hard by a slump in oil prices and the Federal Government has been in talks with China’s Export Import Bank for a loan for months.

A financial source said the loan would fund Chinese firms’ infrastructure projects in Nigeria.

In February, financial and government sources said the loan could be as high a $2bn but officials have not provided an update since then.

The Federal Government has said it wants to raise about $5bn abroad to cover part of its 2016 budget deficit, which could be as high as N3tn ($15bn).

http://www.punchng.com/buhari-to-sign-loan-deal-with-china/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by fashoo2010(m): 8:23am On Apr 07, 2016
Nice one... Hope the loan will reduce the ongoing hardship on the masses.

Beside, why is it the we African are always going to Europe, Asia, north america to get loan? Non of this country has never think of borrowing from us, why?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by Kyase(m): 8:30am On Apr 07, 2016
fashoo2010:

Beside, why is it the we African are always going to Europe, Asia, north america to get loan? Non of this country has never think of borrowing from us, why?
Wetin we get Africans aside our resources wey na only their sarakis dey carry go Panama.

18 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by Lytech(m): 8:30am On Apr 07, 2016
I see this dullard selling our blessed nation to china... Oyinbo are like devil,they give money and collect children(not even child)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by Aromas: 8:31am On Apr 07, 2016
fashoo2010:

Epele sir! Wot did we have in Africa that we can vividly boost on? Aside from heterogeneous cultures and tourisms and good climat+atmosphere what else?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by leofab(f): 9:07am On Apr 07, 2016
Very soon the federal government will end up like Osun state.. Borrowing to look good...

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by Aufbauh(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2016
As long as it is for infrastructural projects it is a welcome development.
A financial source said the loan would fund Chinese firms’ infrastructure projects in Nigeria.
It is better for the Chinese government to fund their relevant firms under the supervision of the ministry of finance on the infrastructural projects to avoid the Nigerian factors. This is the only way we can get a good value for the loan.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2016
Hey
Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by NwaNimo1(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2016
Nigeria is a disgrace - so you are collecting loan from China only to hand the money back to them in the form of contracts?

How about indigenous companies getting these contracts to boost our economy - and not China's?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by Oildichotomy(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by psyqs(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2016
I'm just here to read comments

Zombies vs Wailers

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by Virginkpekus(f): 11:00am On Apr 07, 2016
Sai baba!!
Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by Fesomu(m): 11:00am On Apr 07, 2016
Whatever works
Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2016
angry Who u epp? Who u epp? Who u epp? U don baff? Who u serve? Don't slam my door whats wrong with you angry Se television nie ni ko ye mi gan
Ye se frapapa kilo gbena papa
Kini nkan na kini toti lapa
Emi luko gan ibile buruku ni mio
H-factor abale sha or kin tabon
Mio form posh mio so oyinbo ju
Gboju nbe ko’lor gba ile s’agboju
Huhuh mio fe mo sha
Emi lion, eyan baddo osha
Shout out to my ngga Tunji Adeleke
Anywhere taba tidale gbogbo wanma ferege
Emi o worry o, un bothered
So girlfriend mi you’re covered

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by saintkel(m): 11:00am On Apr 07, 2016
Hmm pls can dia be another source of funding our budget? I just hate dis borrowing tins plus oyibo can't be trusted, they give u loan n take back another n return

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 07, 2016
Another potential fund to be embezzled

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by Paulchris(m): 11:01am On Apr 07, 2016
How I have been surviving Fuel
Scarcity and Lack of Electricity:
* Go to Nearby Bank
* Greet Everyone,
* Plug Phone to Charge,
* Plug Power Bank, Rechargeable Fan,
* Drink Water from Dispenser,
* Sit Enjoy AC, Watch Buhari's
talks on CNN,
* Withdraw N1000
* Thank the bank staff and return
home.
The next day go and join queue to pay
back the N1000 into account.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 07, 2016
I have a studio for people like you
Zceesneh:
angry Who u epp? Who u epp? Who u epp? U don baff? Who u serve? Don't slam my door whats wrong with you angry Se television nie ni ko ye mi gan
Ye se frapapa kilo gbena papa
Kini nkan na kini toti lapa
Emi luko gan ibile buruku ni mio
H-factor abale sha or kin tabon
Mio form posh mio so oyinbo ju
Gboju nbe ko’lor gba ile s’agboju
Huhuh mio fe mo sha
Emi lion, eyan baddo osha
Shout out to my ngga Tunji Adeleke
Anywhere taba tidale gbogbo wanma ferege
Emi o worry o, un bothered
So girlfriend mi you’re covered

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by Taasii4change: 11:02am On Apr 07, 2016
Good move, wails over to you food is ready.
Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by hotdi(m): 11:02am On Apr 07, 2016
leofab:
Very soon the federal government will end up like Osun state.. Borrowing to look good...

Borrowing is good if it is judiciously used. Even Americans borrow a lot to sustain their economy.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by sirwilly1(m): 11:02am On Apr 07, 2016
A loan deal? Which wing he go play for China FC?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by danxzy: 11:03am On Apr 07, 2016
i think its better so that this hardship and ugly situation in this country will end
Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by missionmex(m): 11:03am On Apr 07, 2016
Pls just do anything neccessary to alleviate this pain.
Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by vikel2104: 11:03am On Apr 07, 2016
Feels good to be back on NL after a long break.
What did I miss?
Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by TippyTop(m): 11:03am On Apr 07, 2016
Our children's children would have a hell of debt to repay by the time Bubu finish with Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by tuoyoojo(m): 11:03am On Apr 07, 2016
why would this country opt for the loan option

what of all the millions of dollars recovered from the likes of abacha, ibori and the others

abi some sharp men don move am

to me, I see loans as eating away ur tomorrow today

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by Noblebrown7(m): 11:04am On Apr 07, 2016
Borrow borrow! !
Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by LouisVanGaal(m): 11:04am On Apr 07, 2016
Virginkpekus:
Sai baba!!
I am a hardened buhari fan; but this is NOT the time for this gimmicks..it's a time for reflection and prayer..hoping the president gets it right with his recent foreign trips..
#Pray4PMB..
#NigeriaWouldRiseAgain

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:04am On Apr 07, 2016
Must this DULLARD sink Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by tonio2wo: 11:04am On Apr 07, 2016

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China by LouisVanGaal(m): 11:06am On Apr 07, 2016
ERODEDEAST:
Must this DULLARD sink Nigeria?
Must you comment..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Failed Naira: Your Advice For The Federal Government / Ganduje Denies Donating N10m To EFCC, ICPC / The Love Of Igbos,Made TARABA The Most Honourable N Strongest State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.