Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,817 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Tooth Ache - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tooth Ache (4717 Views)

Severe Tooth Ache / Best Natural Tooth Ache Solution / Solution To Tooth Ache Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tooth Ache by yjay(f): 9:04am On Jul 31, 2009
I ve been having this problem for a while now! i ve actually had 4 removed & i dont want to extract them anymore cos at this rate who knows i understand that this is hereditary dont know how true that is anyways but my mum for many years has suffered the same problem! i presently have a problem with a tooth & planning on seeing the dentist on saturday but i would like to know if there's any solution i can use rite now before tomorrow as the pain is so unbearable especially at nite! a friend asked me to buy touch & go which i did but it seems to be doing nothing for me plus my sister also said it damages the tooth! dont know where she heard that from, i ve also been doing the salt water solution, dont think its helping that much! any suggestions would be highly appreciated! many thanks!
Re: Tooth Ache by dominique(f): 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2009
awww sorry sis i feel your pain (i mean i felt it some time ago)
a friend recommended this ointment to me; bonjela. . . a clear, minty stuff like. diddnt really work as i hoped. then someone else recommended chewing garlic with the aching tooth. at that time, it had gotten to that stage where i was willing to try anything. i tried it and it worked, the ache was gone before the next day but my breath reeked for the next 2 days or so embarassed cry.
i told my self that i will visit a dentist as soon as i return to Lagos (was serving in Benue then). but since i returned, i haven't had any reason to cos i haven't felt any ache since then, just occasional throbbing.
you can also refer to this link below where toothache was also discussed.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-273123.0.html

1 Like

Re: Tooth Ache by yjay(f): 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2009
thank u very much dominique! thanks for the link too! was told to buy bonjela too but cldnt get that so that so the pharmacist gave me drujela same minty taste like bonjela which did nothing! will definitely try the garlic at least to carry me thru the nite b4 i see the dentist tomoro! its just the garlic smell that wld be my worry now! many thanks again cheesy
Re: Tooth Ache by Outstrip(f): 2:34am On Aug 02, 2009
What was the cause of the other extractions?
Re: Tooth Ache by fidelityd: 8:28pm On Aug 02, 2009
Oh Sorry, I understood what you have been going through, but there is one vital thing i want to let you know about removing your teeth, Plz. stop removing them, how many do you want to remove in 4 years, i think the whole 32, But i dont wish you this.
I want you to start rejoicing as you are reading this message now because i have found a lasting solution to your problem. I came about this when my younger bro was having this kind of Tooth ache prob. now i want you to know that i can get this product for you if you dont mind.
Call me on 08035174649
Re: Tooth Ache by mohawkchic(f): 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2009
~You shud Visit your Dentist regularly preferably Within the six months window or in your case earlier. . . Whatever reasons you've had for the previous extractment cud be avoided/deflected earlier instead of waiting for it to get to the "pain" stage!
Re: Tooth Ache by Gabry(f): 6:23am On Aug 03, 2009
Wow! Ive never heard of such problem. Maybe just cause I visit the dentist once in three months for a check up and cleaning. You girls should do the same in order to avoid any problems.

But apart from visiting the denstist, always follows these steps when taking care of your tooth.

1) Get an electric tooth brush (Its always more effective in brushing compare to the normal ones)

2)Get a satin silk Floss

3) Get an anti bacterial mouth rinse (I always use Plax Red Colour Liquid from Colgate)

4) Tooth paste with Fluoride for adults

Rinse your mouth with mouth rinse for 30 secs

Brush your teeth and tongue

When you're done, always floss every angle

There u have it, the best way to ensure good teeth. Try and take calcium daily for your teeth as well. . .

And do you know that by taking care of your teeth, it could also increase your life expenditure

1 Like

Re: Tooth Ache by yjay(f): 9:01am On Aug 03, 2009
thank u guys so much for all ur help! i went to see the dentist on saturday & was told that my gum is swollen & very sensitive, so was given antibiotics & a pain relieving drug(very efffective) that would carry me till next weekend to fill 2 of my teeth!
@outstrip, it starts with a hole in a tooth & progresses from there & eventual extraction! i definitely need to cultivate the habit of seeing the dentist regularly! thanks again all for ur contributions.
Re: Tooth Ache by mamag3: 5:12pm On Aug 03, 2009
You should visit your dentist.
Re: Tooth Ache by mohawkchic(f): 6:29pm On Aug 05, 2009
yjay:

it starts with a hole in a tooth & progresses from there & eventual extraction! i definitely need to cultivate the habit of seeing the dentist regularly! thanks again all for ur contributions.

~I suppose you more than me shud know how important it is to see the Dentist regularly!! Tooth-ache is a Killer! I'd rather have fillings than extractions. . .you cud well have fillings put in instead of having extraction each time!!

~You eat lots of sugary stuff?

Re: Tooth Ache by yjay(f): 11:28am On Aug 07, 2009
@mohawkchic, i dont o! just occassionally im much more a fruit person, take them almost every day! many thanks again!
Re: Tooth Ache by mohawkchic(f): 3:25am On Aug 10, 2009
~No Woories Yjay,here's hoping you'll become strong-willed to visit The Dentist regularly wink
Re: Tooth Ache by Nobody: 3:27am On Aug 10, 2009
Floss . . . floss . . . floss.
Cant tell you how important it is to do this, you can also use a toothpick after meals.
Re: Tooth Ache by yjay(f): 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2009
@mhawkchic, ll do wink
@davidylan, my dentist said the same thing on saturday(dental floss) had my tooth filled on saturday & i feel wonderful! thanks guys!

(1) (Reply)

Do We Have Anything Like Genotype Ac And Sc. / Top Lotions To Make Your Skin Fair And Moisturized / Pls I Am Suffering From Chronic Pimples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.