Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm (62351 Views)

"The Snake That Swallowed N36M": Man And Policeman Pose With Big Python (Photo) / See The Snake My Neighbour Killed in the Hostel / Graphics:See The Giant Scary Snake A Nairalander Killed Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by groundnutoil(m): 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
Thanks bro.i have snakes though dats y i study dm to learn how to avoid dm
amdoyin82:
kaabo! I like the evaluations.
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Amustical(m): 3:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
This is oka. Yoruba we say omo inu oka lo nse iku pa oka. Omo wa ko ni pa wa loruko jesu

1 Like

Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Moz22: 3:36pm On Apr 07, 2016
Donald3d:
Yeah some snakes gives birth to their young ones alive some rattle snakes boas and garter snakes , this should be a garter snake , i doubt if we have boas in Nigeria, i may be wrong , Nigerians sha, i know say some people go think say na possessed snake , or one woman wey get belle wey come turn to snake , or a snake that was impregnated by a man hehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin.All is well.

Welcome to Snakerland formerly Nairaland

A woman has a Kidney condition and she needs our help, it is verified by many Nairalanders and its not fraud check here for details https://www.nairaland.com/2949413/please-save-sisters-life-story Thank you.
Aminat508
Bellong
Funjosh
Wristbangle
we need to push this out more we are slacking oo
chief..how's u been? Long time. Hope say dis condition nor reach ur side?
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by bufness(m): 3:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
Daniel058:
Omg!WE don kill another one !, but this one is smaller.
lol, shey no b say snakes wan invade ur area sha cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by millhouse: 3:40pm On Apr 07, 2016
They need to kill their mom to come out alive? Natgeo wild gat to see this

1 Like

Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by stubbornman(m): 3:44pm On Apr 07, 2016
onyi4edu:
I hate snakes
I'll buy one for you
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by princefaculty(m): 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2016
Amazing
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Duru009(m): 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2016
I hate snake

1 Like

Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Duru009(m): 3:58pm On Apr 07, 2016
I hate that creature!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by dikeizu1(m): 4:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
agwo ogbolugbu,make sure IHE man is not around there
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by awakeuche(m): 4:09pm On Apr 07, 2016
But Bros, na which place u dey, na living area be dis with small farm. In the middle of nowhere na Im u dey send dis picture.. Na wifi I dey see ontop the roof Abi wetin? Hmm.. sambisa tinz.
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by gustav25: 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
gosh,Pearlejiro you really are something else ...people are trying so hard to inculcate knowledge into you and all you do is showing your proud stupid arrogant idiotic self on a global arena shouting "only sea snakes"....I pity for my generation.When the ask you type to watch animal TV,natgeo wild etc or visit your village to learn some informal education una go the form Behind and be watching telemundo 24/7 or MTV and come here to make fools of yourselves.
Continue ....that's ajuala as it is known by my people
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
Enouwem:
Chiseeeeesssss
please reply my mail
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
pearlejiro:
Are you guys for real? Snakes lay eggs, only sea snakes give birth to live snakes. That snake ate all those smaller snakes. Google is your friend

smh!!! it's well with you sister pearl
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by LadyAmaka(f): 4:30pm On Apr 07, 2016
That snakeis the most dangerous. If ot bits one, the person does not survive it. We call is 'ECHIETEKA(Tomorrow is too far)' in Igbo. Very deadly snake

2 Likes

Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
lala food don come o
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Harmony92(f): 4:43pm On Apr 07, 2016
[quote author=Daniel058 post=44487955]Omg!WE don kill another one !, but this one is smaller. Aha! d same day?

1 Like

Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by DrGud: 4:51pm On Apr 07, 2016
Destined2win:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked '40 Snakelets', I like the sound of that grin
grin bros u no serious oh. Na only the name bother u. grin
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 07, 2016
This girls for Villa no dey wear bra o shocked

1 Like

Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by lilreese: 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2016
Why kill am
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Laolu97(m): 4:57pm On Apr 07, 2016
D male must be sumwhere around dat environment since u discovered d snake has babies! shocked

1 Like

Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2016
banttieman:
[size=13pt]The only things I saw are 2 nippples.

If you missed, go back to confirm.[/size]

You're a bad nigga

I saw it too sha

1 Like

Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
pearlejiro:
Are you guys for real? Snakes lay eggs, only sea snakes give birth to live snakes. That snake ate all those smaller snakes. Google is your friend

Some land snakes are oviparous while some are viviparous. Google is your friend

1 Like

Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Mavelshee(m): 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
Snakes are not mammals, they lay egg......so am guessing this snake has been feasting in another snakes nest
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
pearlejiro:

Sea snakes only. What is it looking for in someone's farm biko?

Not only sea snakes , and it is not all sea snakes that give birth to live young
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
Mavelshee:
Snakes are not mammals, they lay egg......so am guessing this snake has been feasting in another snakes nest

Not all snakes lay eggs
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by onyi4edu(f): 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2016
stubbornman:

I'll buy one for you

No please
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by bigfrancis21: 5:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
Daniel058:
Wonder they say never end shocked , today (this morning) ) we killed this big snake very near our neighbour's house where they are clearing for this year farming..

I usually kill snake easily but this one really scared me.. shocked shocked WHAT!! ! 40 Snakelets in one snake, I thought snake lay eggs but this specie carries it young ones till they mature, and that's when they kill their mom, open it's belly and crawl away..

Chai! Again I SAY "WONDER SHALL NEVER END" "

Festival of snakes. Waow. But where is the male snake that got the female one pregnant? That snake could still be out there in the large lurking around. Or probably it is the second snake the OP had killed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by tamertery(m): 5:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
Dollyak:
That looks like rattle snake innit. Why not spare the babies? Who am I kidding.

very correct a rattle snake.. . i heard dat it rattles thrice as form of warning before it strikes at its prey.. . bt its children strike without warning. .. bcz at its young age it dsnt hv a rattle. .. (bt am guessing you olredy know ol deess) smiley
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by jerusalem101: 5:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
violent dead for those innocent infants grin grin grin
Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Topiipii(m): 5:38pm On Apr 07, 2016
Daniel058:
Wonder they say never end shocked , today (this morning) ) we killed this big snake very near our neighbour's house where they are clearing for this year farming..

I usually kill snake easily but this one really scared me.. shocked shocked WHAT!! ! 40 Snakelets in one snake, I thought snake lay eggs but this specie carries it young ones till they mature, and that's when they kill their mom, open it's belly and crawl away..

Chai! Again I SAY "WONDER SHALL NEVER END" "
That's a puff adder going by the markings on its body.
One of the most interesting facts about the puff adder is its apparent ability to produce live young. All reptiles produce eggs and whilst the puff adder does ‘give birth’ to living snakes, the process is deceptive. The eggs are in fact produced, but these eggs are carried within the mother during incubation and the young snakes hatch from the eggs before they emerge from her. This is known as ovi-vipipary and is fairly unusual within the animal kingdom. It is a wonderful means of avoiding predation of the eggs as many reptile eggs are sought out and eaten before the embryos ever have a chance to develop and hatch. This probably goes a long way in explaining the puff adder’s large distribution and success as a species. The young puff adders, as with all snakes, are capable of delivering venom from a bite right from birth and should not be taken lightly. In fact, one has to be more careful with young snakes as they are more likely to feel threatened and also have less control over the amount of venom released, leading to massive doses being injected!
http://www.sabisabi.com/wildfacts/puff-adder/

2 Likes

Re: The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 07, 2016
tamertery:

very correct a rattle snake.. . i heard dat it rattles thrice as form of warning before it strikes at its prey.. . bt its children strike without warning. .. bcz at its young age it dsnt hv a rattle. .. (bt am guessing you olredy know ol deess) smiley

Rattlesnakes are not native to Africa

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Made-In-Aba Stove That Obtains Its Fuel From Cassava Leaf (Photos) / Giant Alligator Strolling Across Florida Golf (Photos, Video) / Woman Killed By Lion During Sex In Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.