Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,462 members, 7,801,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget (22512 Views)

President Buhari Receives Oba Ewuare Of Benin In State House, Abuja (Photos) / Buhari Receives Archbishop Of Canterbury In London (Photos) / Jubilation In Aso Rock As Buhari Receives Details Of His Padded 2016 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by Ridwan1821: 1:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
Presidency has finally received the comprehensive details of 2016 national budget on April 7, Thursday.
Chief of Staff to President Buhari Abba Kyari has got budget from Senior Special Assistant to President on National Assembly matters Senator Eta Enang and Hon. Kawu Ismaila in Statehouse.
Buhari laid the document before a joint sitting of the National Assembly on December 22 last year.
But shortly after that the appropriation bill became involved in controversy due the inconsistencies, errors, omissions and padding of figures.
This caused the resignation of the budget director and many of his staff by the President.
After about two months postponement the two chambers of the National Assembly passed the budget on March 23 and sent it to Buhari the next day for his approval.
However, the presidency official later said what was sent were the budget highlights and that the leader of the nation would not assent to it until the details were returned to him.
President Buhari said there were suspicions the legislators were tinkering with the budget and that he would study the details very well before appending his asset.
The NASS finally sent the details of the budget on April 6, Wednesday.
https://www.naij.com/791574-just-presidency-receives-details-2016-budget.html?source=breaking

1 Share

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
Great...Nigeria is now back on track..

2016 Budget : N6trn
TSA : N3trn
USA investment : $300mil
China loan : $100mil (coming soon)
Indian loan : $Unknown (coming soon)

Even the rats and cockroaches would feel the impact of the budget shocked

***I am checking the details now, it appears some budget office staffers would be redeployed from what i am reading here shocked

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by talktonase(m): 1:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
make e no lost again oh! ehennn

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by swagenity(m): 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
thank god

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by Realdeals(m): 1:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
PMB and his aides should go through these documents and sign the budget before he travels to China. NA BEG I DEY BEG O

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by CACAWA(m): 1:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
Realdeals:
PMB and his aides should go through these documents and sign the budget before he travels to China. NA BEG I DEY BEG O
impossible, a committee will be setup for that first, and their rcmmndations will be reviewed by another committee before being deliberated upon by the NEC followed b the FEC and later the council of states.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by Fmartin(m): 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2016
Many lives depend on diz budget.
President make u quickly sign it afta going through.
We nid jobs... (sobbs!)

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by Realdeals(m): 1:52pm On Apr 07, 2016
CACAWA:
impossible, a committee will be setup for that first, and their rcmmndations will be reviewed by another committee before being deliberated upon by the NEC followed b the FEC and later the council of states.

Haha! President Buhari is not like GEJ that form numerous committee’s without taking concrete action on their recommendations.

24 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by benedictnsi(m): 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
[size=18pt] I NO EVEN TRUST THE FACES OF THOSE MEN WEH D RECIEVE THE TIN SEF....... undecided [/size]

15 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by tolexy007(m): 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
k
Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by ricsman(m): 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
ok sign sign sign
but can u peruse all before Monday?
Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by charsobodo(m): 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
ok that's good, Nigerians want to see the impact of the budget in their lives and rhetorics.
Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by APCcrimes: 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
g
Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by blazetitov: 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
Hope these details won't go missing? Those men receiving the documents, hmmmm

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by kilokeys(m): 2:36pm On Apr 07, 2016
OBJ has gone to see baba..

Sharing formulae must not change

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by harmbhrosz(m): 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
Hope NYSC Allawee go enter 70k inside this budget undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by icemann(m): 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
Keneking:
***I am checking the details now, it appears some budget office staffers would be redeployed from what i am reading here shocked

Are you that foolish not to know that there is no N3 Trillion coming from TSA.
If you believe TSA is Generating N3Trillion from saving bank charges, It means before TSA 50% of our budget(N3T is 50% of 6Trn) was going to the banks via bank charges.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by Lilimax(f): 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
Hoping there won't be any padding this time around. embarassed
Abeg, they should scrutinize the documents very well before appending his signature smiley
Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
Baba need to source the money for the execution of the budget from his next trip... so he comes back, go keep the paper in the shelf....
Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by ijustdey: 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2016
CACAWA:

you think say nah GEJ government we dey

that will set up advisory committee
think-tank committee
white paper committee
white paper review committee
implementation committee.......... until

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by mars123(m): 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2016
sign it already

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by wristbangle: 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2016
Time dey go oo oga ajala! sad
Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by obailala(m): 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2016
benedictnsi:
[size=18pt] I NO EVEN TRUST THE FACES OF THOSE MEN WEH D RECIEVE THE TIN SEF....... undecided [/size]
I swear, all their faces look dubious.. shocked grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2016
fingers crossed
Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by Destined2win: 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2016
Keneking:

yOU TOO LIKE MONKEYS. Can I see your Picture plEASE smiley

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by lilreese: 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2016
So what have they been using to run this government. Without a budget this is a fruad
Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2016
CACAWA:
Point of observation sir, its FEC first before NEC Then COUNCIL OF STATE.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by Ultimus: 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2016
Even till now, everything sounds like a joke to me. A third of the year is gone and the budget for the year isn't ready. This country should be renamed Clownistan.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by akinmusi(m): 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2016
Abi baba don sign ni?

Finally me and my oga go chop money!

Chai, e don dey for my eyes cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2016
This Budget rili suffer oooo
Since hv bin hearing budget I never see d one wey suffer like dis

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by odinese(m): 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2016
[size=17pt]na dasuki elder brother dey middle...
That budget go disappear for midnight
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Receives Details Of 2016 Budget by igwegeorgiano(m): 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2016
Keneking:

the count down begins as soon as he signs and implementations commence in full gear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Construction: Apapa Road To Be Shut Down For One-year / "Atiku Is Coming Back To Create A Paradise For Thieves" - Sowore / Give Me More Time To Name My Ministers, Buhari Begs Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.