Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1212804 members, 1571711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 30 July 2014 at 08:18 PM

Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? - Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics / Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? (14713 Views)

Igbo People Deserve Apology From Nigerian Govt / Why Do Igbos Always Go Looking For Trouble? Written By Ozodi Osuji Ph.d / Do Yorubas Deserve Apology From Igbos? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by Afam(m): 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I am glad not all Ibos are like you and the many others here on nairaland to claim to have the will of the ibo people in their palms. And June 12th at least revealed that to all the nation. There is hope!

This shameless pig that continues to use the word Ibo instead of Igbo to describe Igbo people is just silly and a complete .

How can a human being keep repeating this after being corrected by some people on the word Ibo which is a bastardized version of Igbo which is the correct word.

So, as long as this swine continues to use the word Ibo to refer to the Igbos references to this swine will be made as swine.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2009
See what I mean? This is the sort of example we have on here.

Fhemmmy:

There are some problems that are just common to Nigeria and we need to stop pointing fingers when such problems are being discussed

Precisely!!! This " NA ONLY ME" attitude is ridiculous and unbecoming of people who claim to have at least some understanding of the problem in the nation.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by asha80(m): 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Well, I am not saying you claim but you seem to think you speak for ibos in many of your posts. Now there are those who have set themselves as the SPEAKERS and REPRESENTATIVES of Ibos and I have to say they have not been very good ones at all. The bias and hate from these people stink to high heavens.

I am just saying that if one was to go by what many put forth as example for Ibo thinking here, one would not expect Ibos to vote in the majority for a man who was from another tribe, as was the case back on June 12th 1993. I mean that Authur was on the ballot and majority of Ibos did not let hate cloud their minds is a relief to me. I know it was almost 20 years ago but I am hopeful that the MAJORITY of Ibo people out there are not as biggotted and many of the samples we have here in nairaland politics claiming to represent them.

What you fail to understand is that a lot of igbos as you know are independent minded which means that they will vote anyone in a free and fair election they feel will deliver in nigeria no matter the ethnic group.Do you think that if there is a presidential election now and Fashola is pitted against Orji kalu or theordore Orji that igbos would not vote for fashola.

However what they do not understand is why people like obasanjo,shagari,yaradua will rule nigeria then other sections of the country then expects an 'upright' igbo from igbos when they not providing any better.These guys are equivalent of Chris Uba,Andy Uba,Iwuanyanwu,Nzeribe
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by asha80(m): 8:50pm On Jul 31, 2009
Fhemmmy:

There are some problems that are just common to Nigeria and we need to stop pointing fingers when such problems are being discussed

Where you not the one that said igbos would rather vote huasa than yoruba without providing evidence where it happened in history?
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 8:55pm On Jul 31, 2009
asha 80:

What you fail to understand is that a lot of igbos as you know are independent minded which means that they will vote anyone in a free and fair election they feel will deliver in nigeria no matter the ethnic group.

I don’t fail to understand that. I know perfectly well that IBOS have NEVER been 100% in favor of any idea, even the ones claimed on here by some of your cohorts.

However, what I am saying and continue to say that if one were to go by the words of those who claim to REPRESENT the will of the people in their posts on here, you almost think that ALL IBOS think like they because they say that is the case over and over.

You have people come on here with ridiculous and out rightly childish claims that the reason iboland is not developed is because Ibos have never produced a Nigerian president or that there more of one tribe or another than ibos, as if that makes sense.

The examples these so called ibos post on here makes one cringe.

asha 80:

Do you think that if there is a presidential election now and Fashola is pitted against Orji kalu or theordore Orji that igbos would not vote for fashola.

Again, following the reasoning of the many self-proclaimed IBO speakers on here, the answer would be YES!!

asha 80:

However what they do not understand is why people like obasanjo,shagari,yaradua will rule nigeria then other sections of the country then expects an 'upright' igbo from igbos when they not providing any better.These guys are equivalent of Chris Uba,Andy Uba,Iwuanyanwu,Nzeribe

Now I answer you here saying this is WRONG reasoning considering that the same YOU posted earlier that ibos are independent thinkers and not a bunch of ZOMBIES who cling to the IBO and NOTHING else mentality we see some exude on here daily.

If you can, for once in your life understand that just as Ibos are independently, people of other tribes can be same.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by asha80(m): 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I don’t fail to understand that. I know perfectly well that IBOS have NEVER been 100% in favor of any idea, even the ones claimed on here by some of your cohorts.

However, what I am saying and continue to say that if one were to go by the words of those who claim to REPRESENT the will of the people in their posts on here, you almost think that ALL IBOS think like they because they say that is the case over and over.

You have people come on here with ridiculous and out rightly childish claims that the reason iboland is not developed is because Ibos have never produced a Nigerian president or that there more of one tribe or another than ibos, as if that makes sense.

The examples these so called ibos post on here makes one cringe.

Again, following the reasoning of the many self-proclaimed IBO speakers on here, the answer would be YES!!

Now I answer you here saying this is WRONG reasoning considering that the same YOU posted earlier that ibos are independent thinkers and not a bunch of ZOMBIES who cling to the IBO and NOTHING else mentality we see some exude on here daily.

If you can, for once in your life understand that just as Ibos are independently, people of other tribes can be same.

Waiting to see that happen.Anyway enjoy your chat about ibos.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2009
asha 80:

Waiting to see that happen.Anyway enjoy your chat about ibos.

This is not about enjoying chat about ibos. This is about the fact that certain group here on nairaland keep trying to play the “VICTIM” card on here as if they are appointed SPEAKERS for the Ibos, but when challenged to face the truth of their claims, they resort to throwing insults as if that somehow makes them the wiser or even helps push their point across.

You know them well and have enjoyed the insult throwing sessions a couple of times. I am not sure why you would feign ignorance when the same I, would choose to confront you on these facts, based on claims made by people you have hailed on so many occasions now.

If you are honest, at least admit to the fact that many of the claims I made about the posts from your fellow self-appointed IBO REPS here on nairaland is the truth. This is the example that some from other tribes get of Ibos; many have been out of Nigeria for a while. They log on to nairaland and are inundated with tribal posts and insults from Nairaland’s self-proclaimed reps of Ibos claiming that all other tribes are against them – always trying to play the “Victim” card, and crying foul when other groups attack them in the same manner. You know for sure this has been what we have been seeing on here for months now. Even BecomeRich knows better not to throw insults in the way they do at those who do not agree with him.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by asha80(m): 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2009
Kobojunkie:

This is not about enjoying chat about ibos. This is about the fact that certain group here on nairaland keep trying to play the “VICTIM” card on here as if they are appointed SPEAKERS for the Ibos, but when challenged to face the truth of their claims, they resort to throwing insults as if that somehow makes them the wiser or even helps push their point across.

You know them well and have enjoyed the insult throwing sessions a couple of times. I am not sure why you would feign ignorance when the same I, would choose to confront you on these facts, based on claims made by people you have hailed on so many occasions now.

Have you not seen having an altercation here a few times with Afaukwu So i should be cautioning everyone playing the 'victim' card?Are they not old enough to say there mind?
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by babapupa: 9:10pm On Jul 31, 2009
asha-

They are our bad eggs, bad eggs planted by the ruling party and apparatus just like OBJ. We don't want them and we ain't claiming them. Find a thread or post where yoruba people claimed or supported them. They are not part of our future.

We are germinating new leaders, leaders of tomorrow starting with Fashola in Lagos. These guys are not saying Oga sir to nobody from the north,

For what it's worth, Fashola just added another Good lagosian from The great Igbo nation to his cabinet (2 so far), this is almost impossible for any reason in Igboland because the tribal and mistrust thing is like a pandemic within the Igbo community. The fact is, some of us/our leaders are moving beyond these needless distractions and you guys need to drop the tired and worn out mistrusts and tribal BS. It's dangerously distracting and very detrimental to The Igbo nation. It is simply unsustainable and your kids will one day demand to know what you guys did with your time and their resources.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Jul 31, 2009
asha 80:

Have you not seen having an altercation here a few times with Afaukwu So i should be cautioning everyone playing the 'victim' card?Are they not old enough to say there mind?

I never said you ought to caution them, but if you really felt bad about their acts and all, you then should not be here telling posting some the things you have so far considering you are well aware of the bad example that continues to be presented by our in house self-proclaimed Ibo reps on how ibos think.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by grafikdon: 9:14pm On Jul 31, 2009
Kobojunkie and her obsession with "Ibos". Time to start deleting all "Ibos" and Biafra threads. It's very frustrating navigating thru a disconcerting maze of  brazen ethnic antagonism masquerading as "Ibos" and "Biafra" threads. . . better still, move all of them to Tribalism section so that those interested in the politics section can breath some fresh air.

Some Nigerians are just. . . words can't describe undecided
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by babapupa: 9:20pm On Jul 31, 2009
Take your own advice and tell your folks to stop opening the Igbo victim threads,

The only time you guys get tired of it is when people challenge you with facts and good reasoning.

You guys are overplaying and wearing out the victim and tribal BS.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2009
grafikdon:

Kobojunkie and her obsession with "Ibos". Time to start deleting all "Ibos" and Biafra threads. It's very frustrating navigating thru a disconcerting maze of  brazen ethnic antagonism masquerading as "Ibos" and "Biafra" threads. . . better still, move all of them to Tribalism section so that those interested in the politics section can breath some fresh air.

Some Nigerians are just. . . words can't describe undecided

I am not obsessed with Ibos. Any sane mind will see that I happen to be here often and since the number of threads on Ibos and their Biafra issues has been on the rise for months, it only makes sense that I will be on some of them, if not all.

Nairaland has a tribalism/racism area, so I see no reason why these threads need to continue to plague the politics section when it is apparent that most of these threads are just to incite hate against Ibos or allow our self-acclaimed Ibo-reps-on-nairaland another opportunity to insult and abuse those who disagree with em on why they ought to be able to claim "IBOS ARE THE VICTIMS AND NEED TO BE APPEASED" or those they blame for their miserable choice of an existence.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2009
@babapupa-  all yorubas have heard this story, but for some reason we just dont go around screaming the igbos are traitors, as they do to us.
Onlytruth:

Apology gini

Your apologies cannot bring back the 2 million dead "EASTERNERS" whom you claimed were Nigerians.
The first step to some form of correction is to give the delta oil back to the real owners. Then allow us to have our own international airport anywhere in Igboland, and a waterport at Onitsha or Oguta. Nigeria or not, we are fine! Your genocide will catch up with you one day. Ofo! angry

Lol airport or no airport. Igbos wont move to igboland, to much killings and kidnappings. Millionaire live next to poor in peace Right HAHA FUNNY grin. Not to mention that small area which you call East(not even all igbo states together equal Oyo state) is eroding, so no reliable agriculture. Oil and Gas are being discovered monthly, and to be honest no person would choose to live around oil refineries. too much pollution, so the best advice for you guys is to stop this IGBO nonsense and become Nigerians first and igbo second
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by asha80(m): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2009
babapupa:

asha-

They are our bad eggs, bad eggs planted by the ruling party and apparatus just like OBJ. We don't want them and we ain't claiming them. Find a thread or post where yoruba people claimed or supported them. They are not part of our future.

We are germinating new leaders, leaders of tomorrow starting with Fashola in Lagos. These guys are not saying Oga sir to nobody from the north,

For what it's worth, Fashola just added another Good lagosian from The great Igbo nation to his cabinet (2 so far), this is almost impossible for any reason in Igboland because the tribal and mistrust thing is like a pandemic within the Igbo community. The fact is, some of us/our leaders are moving beyond these needless distractions and you guys need to drop the tired and worn out mistrusts and tribal BS. It's dangerously distracting and very detrimental to The Igbo nation. It is simply unsustainable and your kids will one day demand to know what you guys did with your time and their resources.

Please who else apart from Akabueze?

Yessoo apart from lagos where else? Because of the nature and composition of lagos why wouldn't it happen?

is it ogun the battle for next governorship with Remo,Egba people justling for the seat trying to claim that it is their turn.They love themselves so much or Oyo where ibadan peeps are saying that they will not allow ogbomosho another turn because of the fine Akala to the extent they they(ibadan) want there own state.

Also help me locate a thread where igbos are celebrating Andy uba,Nzeribe,Chris uba.Maybe it was not the ruling party that also foisted them on us undecided
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by TippyTop(m): 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2009
Kobojunkie Wrote:

@Moderator, I remember about a year of so ago, you fought tooth and nail to get the gig taken from me, because, according to you, I was biased.

Making you a moderator  would have killed this site, because you're  anti-black. You defend white people  too much.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 9:40pm On Jul 31, 2009
sjeezy8:

@babapupa-  all yorubas have heard this story, but for some reason we just dont go around screaming the igbos are traitors, as they do to us.
Lol airport or no airport. Igbos wont move to igboland, to much killings and kidnappings. Millionaire live next to poor in peace Right HAHA FUNNY grin. Not to mention that small area which you call East(not even all igbo states together equal Oyo state) is eroding, so no reliable agriculture. Oil and Gas are being discovered monthly, and to be honest no person would choose to live around oil refineries. too much pollution,  so the best advice for you guys is to stop this IGBO nonsense and become Nigerians first and igbo second

As if your papa Awo was a Nigerian first and yoruba second; HYPOCRITE. Thank your stars that you had the type of Zik to deal with and not Okpara or Ojukwu.
Your lies about Igboland will end one day when we get that airport and waterport; you will watch Lagos deflate like a balloon it is. Then you wll have another "Ibadan city" in your hands. Na your papa own all the empty lands in Igboland.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 9:42pm On Jul 31, 2009
IBO VICTIM LOL  grin

YOUR ARE STILL NOT GETTING THE POINT, CORRUPTION PLAGUES EVERYONE. You naming yoruba stuvs doesn't matter we know we have corrupt leaders in our land but we dont play victim we say NIGERIA needs help which includes all tribes

i mean c mon was it not fela that sang against the government for everyone, or wole soyinka that was jailed for everyone.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by ezeagu(m): 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2009
Kobojunkie:

If you are honest, at least admit to the fact that many of the claims I made about the posts from your fellow self-appointed IBO REPS here on nairaland is the truth. This is the example that some from other tribes get of Ibos; many have been out of Nigeria for a while. They log on to nairaland and are inundated with tribal posts and insults from Nairaland’s  self-proclaimed reps of Ibos claiming that all other tribes are against them – always trying to play the “Victim” card, and crying foul when other groups attack them in the same manner. You know for sure this has been what we have been seeing on here for months now. Even BecomeRich knows better not to throw insults in the way they do at those who do not agree with him.

grin, Actually Kobojunkie it seems that you have special eyes that filter out the dozens of threads that are created about Biafra that are not by Igbo people, For example This thread, most of the people you challenge on Nairaland are those that you perceive as "self-appointed IBO REPS", and conveniently dodge people like Oyinda, becomrich, babapupa, etc, who can say things like:

babapupa:

asha-

Yet you say there are self-appointed Igbo reps, but when the guy above or becomrich blasts nairaland with these kinds of 'ethnic-group-self-appointed' posts, your non-biasedness and patriotism doesn't push you to confront them. This, coupled with your arrogant attitude in which you indirectly claim to know the best way to fix Nigeria (attacking Igbo secessionist) kinda makes you look fake, no offense, honestly.

Here are a few recent threads posted by self-identified non-Igbo people that your eyes have somehow glazed over.

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-200.0.html

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1492.0.html

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-292465.0.html

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-298431.0.html

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-296818.0.html

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-69066.0.html

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7223.0.html
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by babapupa: 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2009
asha-

Mr. Ben Akabueze :: Lagos state commissioner for Economic Planning & Budget

Mr Joe Igbokwe::General Manager Lagos State Infrastructure Maintenance and Regulatory Agency,

Now, look at me with your korokoro eyes and tell me same is possible in Igboland.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by sleekp1: 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2009
To Kobojunkie
Ibime
You are a comedian. . . . everybody complained that you were anti-Nigerian and anti-black especially when you fought for the right of white students in South Africa to piss inside stew and feed it to black South Africans. . . .thats why you were fired!

Tippy Top
Making you a moderator  would have killed this site, because you're  anti-black. You defend white people  too much.

I warned Seun and I know lots of people wrote to Seun insisting his hard work was in danger of failure if  Kobojunkie remained a moderator.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by grafikdon: 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2009
babapupa:

Take your own advice and tell your folks to stop opening the Igbo victim threads,

The only time you guys get tired of it is when people challenge you with facts and good reasoning.

You guys are overplaying and wearing out the victim and tribal BS.

Now don't  get me wrong here buddy, I don't care if you hate the Igbos and would like them all to take a plunge (into the sea that is), on the other hand, I don't give a fig if the Igbos want to make kwuli kwuli out of your testicles. I am not here to ''advice'' anyone nor to ''extract'' them from the abyss of malevolence, since none of us here rolls pounded yam, dips it into a  bowl of hot soup and then shoves it into the anus. Whatever comes from both sides are inconsequential because only small minds without the minutest speck of human decency waste their time drinking from that murky and putrid pool of malevolence.

One more thing. . . you probably haven't noticed but not everyone gives a fig about the escapades and glorious battles of internet warriors, so your "you guys" proclamation is tad on the brazen generalization pipeline. As long as the internet warriors battle grounds are moved to the appropriate universe, you can strap me with grenades and shove me into a furnace if I ever come there to ''advice''.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by asha80(m): 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2009
babapupa:

asha-

Mr. Ben Akabueze :: Lagos state commissioner for Economic Planning & Budget

Mr Joe Igbokwe::General Manager Lagos State Infrastructure Maintenance and Regulatory Agency,

Now, look at me with your korokoro eyes and tell me same is possible in Igboland.

Possible in what way?I am not getting you.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2009
@no need to disrespect Awo, many of the things you enjoy in Nigeria he introduced. I don't disrespect any igbo leaders that do good for Nigeria as a whole not only igboland.

measure up all the contribuations all your so called leaders have made  to Nigeria and it wont add up to an ounce of what Awo did!!!

educate yourself  provide facts and then refute my statements
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2009
ezeagu:

grin, Actually Kobojunkie it seems that you have special eyes that filter out the dozens of threads that are created about Biafra that are not by Igbo people, For example This thread, most of the people you challenge on Nairaland are those that you perceive as "self-appointed IBO REPS", and conveniently dodge people like Oyinda, becomrich, babapupa, etc, who can say things like:

Kobojunkie:

Nairaland has a tribalism/racism area, so I see no reason why these threads need to continue to plague the politics section when it is apparent that most of these threads are just to[b]  incite hate against Ibos [/b] or allow our self-acclaimed Ibo-reps-on-nairaland another opportunity to insult and abuse those who disagree with em on why they ought to be able to claim "IBOS ARE THE VICTIMS AND NEED TO BE APPEASED" or those they blame for their miserable choice of an existence.  

yes, Funny how your own eyes are best, right?  

ezeagu:

Yet you say there are self-appointed Igbo reps, but when the guy above or becomrich blasts nairaland with these kinds of 'ethnic-group-self-appointed' posts, your non-biasedness and patriotism doesn't push you to confront them. This, coupled with your arrogant attitude in which you indirectly claim to know the best way to fix Nigeria (attacking Igbo secessionist) kinda makes you look fake, no offense, honestly.

Here are a few recent threads posted by self-identified non-Igbo people that your eyes have somehow glazed over.

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-200.0.html

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1492.0.html

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-292465.0.html

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-298431.0.html

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-296818.0.html

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-69066.0.html

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7223.0.html

Kobojunkie:

They log on to nairaland and are inundated with tribal posts and insults from Nairaland’s self-proclaimed reps of Ibos claiming that all other tribes are against them – always trying to play the “Victim” card, and crying foul when other groups attack them in the same manner. You know for sure this has been what we have been seeing on here for months now. Even BecomeRich knows better not to throw insults in the way they do at those who do not agree with him.

I liike the way you seem so quick to make it about my person. Why not find something better to do with your time by now? I remember telling you I will never see things your way on these issues, don't expect me to debate or coversate with those you want either.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by babapupa: 9:51pm On Jul 31, 2009
asha-

why are you feigning ignorance? it's self explanatory.

Do you think a yoruba man fit get appointed to be part of any state government in igoland @ messenger level talk less cabinet level?
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by babapupa: 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2009
grafikdon-

you ain't making no damn sense with all that gibberish yarn,
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 9:53pm On Jul 31, 2009
sjeezy8:

@no need to disrespect Awo, many of the things you enjoy in Nigeria he introduced. I don't disrespect any igbo leaders that do good for Nigeria as a whole not only igboland.

measure up all the contribuations all your so called leaders have made  to Nigeria and it wont add up to an ounce of what Awo did!!!

educate yourself  provide facts and then refute my statements

Oh I'm sure no Igbo leader will measure up to Awo in any way. The guy starved 2 million Nigerians to death! In my book I'll call it genocide, and if I had my way and he is still alive I'll drag his Bottom to the Hague! angry
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by ChinenyeN(m): 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2009
sjeezy8:

so the best advice for you guys is to stop this IGBO nonsense and become Nigerians first and igbo second
Can't an Igbo be Igbo and Nigerian at the same time? If I can be Ngwa without it disrupting my Igbo identity, then what stops the Igbo from being both Igbo and Nigerian? Can't Yoruba be both Yoruba and Nigerian? Can't Urhobo be both Urhobo and Nigerian? Can't Ijo be both Ijo and Nigerian? etc. etc.

People can effectively answer to both their ethnicity and the nationality. So, I don't see why I, or anyone else, must drop one and carry the other.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 9:56pm On Jul 31, 2009
EZEAGU ALL THOSE TOPICS WERE FOR THE SPLIT OF NIGERIA , what do you not get. lol you haven't even breathed nigerian air before what is your own?

Onlytruth:

Oh I'm sure no Igbo leader will measure up to Awo in any way. The guy starved 2 million Nigerians to death! In my book I'll call it genocide, and if I had my way and he is still alive I'll drag his Bottom to the Hague!

i could have sworn Gowon was president, lol keep lyin to yourselves. all AWO didn't do is come to Biafras defense. but thank your stars he talked the north out of killing the rest of you. Yoruba man being diplomatic again for ONE Nigeria
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 10:00pm On Jul 31, 2009
Nigeria did not kill "the rest of Igbo" because they could not. Remember the British had a name to protect and the international community was still watching. Alliances could change if that happened. That is the ONLY REASON Nigeria did not try. Awo happily connived with Gowon. That is all he did. If it was possible to wipe Igbo out and get away with it, Awo would have smiled to the bank!

ChinenyeN:

Can't an Igbo be Igbo and Nigerian at the same time? If I can be Ngwa without it disrupting my Igbo identity, then what stops and the Igbo from being both Igbo and Nigerian? Can't Yoruba be both Yoruba and Nigerian? Can't Urhobo be both Urhobo and Nigerian? Can't Ijo be both Ijo and Nigerian? etc. etc.

I don't see why I, or anyone else, must drop one and carry the other, because people can effectively answer to both their ethnicity and the nationality.

Nigeria stopped seeing Igbos as Nigerians in May 1967. Prove me wrong.
Re: Do Igbos Deserve Apology From Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 10:02pm On Jul 31, 2009
Onlytruth:

Oh I'm sure no Igbo leader will measure up to Awo in any way. The guy starved 2 million Nigerians to death! In my book I'll call it genocide, and if I had my way and he is still alive I'll drag his Bottom to the Hague! angry

incase you didn't no tribalism and religion should not come in politics at ALL. I am a nigerian first and a yoruba second

i cannot advocate something to benefit my tribe only thats tribalism

Onlytruth:

Nigeria did not kill "the rest of Igbo" because they could not. Remember the British had a name to protect and the international community was still watching. Alliances could change if that happened. That is the ONLY REASON Nigeria did not try.

Nigeria stopped seeing Igbos as Nigerians in May 1967. Prove me wrong.

OK DONT TO NIGERIA THEN SIMPLE

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) ... (23) (Reply)

"black Men Are Stronger Than White" / Yoruba Is The Best Tribe In Nigeria? / Why Do White Girls Smell Better Than Black Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 804
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.