Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts (38475 Views)

Meet Chidokeyz: Could He Be Chioma’s Brother Davido Featured On His Song? / Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Featured On Billboard (Pictured) / ★ Yemi Alade’s “mama Africa” Album Tops Itunes Charts Worldwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by swagenity(m): 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2016

Wizkid Starboy becomes first Nigerian artist to feature on Billboard charts

Drake'ss 'One dance' shines the light on the Nigerian pop singer's International presence.

Wizkid becomes first Nigerian artist to feature on Billboard''s Twitter last 24hrs music chart
» more Wizkid emerges first Nigerian artist to feature on Billboard''s Twitter last 24hrs trending music chart (Billboard)
Wizkid has become the first Nigerian artist to emerge on Billboard’s Twitter Last 24 hours chart courtesy of his feature in Drake's'One dance' song.
Two days ago, Drake dropped two singles, ‘Pop style’ featuring Kanye West and Jay Z, and ‘One dance’ featuring Wizkid and Kyla. On 'One Dance,' the 6 God gets assists from Wizkid, who he worked with last year, and Kyla, sampling the Crazy Cousinz remix of her song, 'Do You Mind'. This raises the bar a lot higher for the star pop singer helping to improve his brand visibility. The tune 'One dance' features production by Ninteen85 with co-production credits by 40.

Wizkid already featured Drake in a remix to his 'Ojuelegba' fan favourite and award-winning song.

The single 'One dance' is off Drake's forthcoming album, following his successful "What a time to be alive" released in 2015.

The collaboration was said to have come about thanks to Skepta, a friend of Wizkid, who introduced the song to Drake during a Wireless Music Festival held in London.

The crossover tune has gone on to have other covers and refixes with top artistes such as Sarkodie.

The star pop singer has had other international collaborations preceding this one with Drake. He has worked with Grammy winner Angelique Kidjo, Ty Dolla $ign, and recorded a hook with Coldplay’s Chris Martin for pop star Rihanna. A performance with Chris Brown was in the works also in South Africa at the ‘X Tour’, so was another recording with UK star Tinie Tempah, and Norwegian pop icons Nico & Vinz. The 'Baba nla' singer is also likely to put out new music with American- Nigerian singer Jidenna.

Drake also has released another single titled 'Pop style' featuring Jay-Z and Kanye West.

Check on the new joint 'One dance' off iTunes.

Watch music analyst Ayomide Tayo talk about Wizkid's prospects in the American music scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjRG2hf1Plk

http://pulse.ng/buzz/wizkid-starboy-becomes-first-nigerian-artist-to-feature-on-billboard-charts-id4892431.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by grbgrb4(m): 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2016
ok i'll read the post when i charge my phone...no light,fuel now sell for 250 per litre...God punish President Buhari,he was not expectin to be president he only wanted to make trouble but God pass am...@ WIZ MAN NICE ONE.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by marshalcarter: 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2016
So after dat..did he go to total and stop the queue there?

No source...lynus titilie mba grin

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Smellymouth: 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nice one

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by swagenity(m): 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2016
,Amennnnnn!!!!!! my post made front page... but Choi see the way moderators change and rearrange my post.. I can't even recognize it.
Good work mods
like my post for........
just like it

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by techmatas: 6:42pm On Apr 07, 2016
good!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by MzPecs(f): 6:42pm On Apr 07, 2016
Good for him

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by acenazt: 7:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
I listen to d song today buy I swear one thing I no understand for wizkid side.

22 Likes

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
?
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by SirShymexx: 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
He needs to thank Skepta for making this happen.

Without Skepta, Drake won't fvck with him. grin

7 Likes

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 07, 2016
Baba hafusa was the first there but on a diff category

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by osesology(m): 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
cool
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by nairagossip: 7:57pm On Apr 07, 2016
some good news!

Fans are bashing Linda Ikeji for that posting this News Lol
Read more: www.042express.com/2016/04/wizkid-becomes-first-nigerian-artist-to.html
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Nbote(m): 8:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
Na real feature... Na torchlight I take dey find Wizkid for d track until I heard someone shouting on the background like who dey hawk fuel

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by ramdris(m): 8:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
[size=30pt]And aunty smelly is busy trying to pull him down with negative news about him..[/size] angry

Go baba nla, nothing don u

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Melvinsofty: 8:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nbote:
Na real feature... Na torchlight I take dey find Wizkid for d track until I heard someone shouting on the background like who dey hawk fuel
Bros how who they hawk fuel voice dey be grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by captainflash(m): 8:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
serious? cheesy cheesy

ramdris:
[size=30pt]And aunty smelly is busy trying to pull him down with negative news about him..[/size] angry

Go baba nla, nothing don u

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Kingblingz(m): 8:58pm On Apr 07, 2016
And now OldMamaStinky won't post this one on her blog o.. #StarboySeason

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Rapsowdee01(m): 9:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
Wizkid just turn sound engineer for that song !!!! Hin dey backgroud dey shout check 1-2

19 Likes

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Nbote(m): 9:25pm On Apr 07, 2016
Melvinsofty:

Bros how who they hawk fuel voice dey be grin
Like Wizkid own for dat song... D only thing I take know say na Wizkid sef na say I don already hear Drake and d other gal for the song.
Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 07, 2016
This 'Kid' is reaching where some old cargos cant dream of reaching grin grin grin
1. Ojuelegba 12th biggest song of 2015
2. Ojuelegba ft Drake and Skepta
3. Featured on Major Lazers album cool
4. Featured in R Kelly's album
5. Now drake just featured him again, on a potential billboard number 1 track.
6. First Nigerian on billboard
7. Featured Angelique Kidjo on his album

Where's that aunty that said she'll finish his career?? grin grin grin grin

And for those saying Wizkid only whispered, where una papa don reach? Whom God has blessed no one can curse.

142 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by STILESGANG: 9:55pm On Apr 07, 2016
Na so drake turn wizkid to sound engineer ooo.Lol.Upon all the asslicking.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by bolt000(m): 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
shocked All positive vibes

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by UIA04(f): 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nbote:
Kikikiki

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by RedCard1(m): 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2016
Good.
the hype is good for his business.
at least, he can add that to his resume

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by maxiflexy(m): 2:09am On Apr 08, 2016
OK we heard bro

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by DrayZee: 2:57am On Apr 08, 2016
Honestly, i did not understand one thing that Wizkid said in that song. Didn't even sound like him. His part was just not clear, as if he wasn't actually there in the studio with them. Lyk his part was recorded separately or something.
And here I was thinking this would be his big break to the rest of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by HARDBOI: 3:00am On Apr 08, 2016
wizkid was shouting like a lost kid...lol..
drake u wicked ooo. ..

I'm just thinking how he told wizkid
"hey I only want u to be saying check 1-2 n be careful not to spoil my track"
wtf! lol

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Oyimzy(m): 5:49am On Apr 08, 2016
DrayZee:
Honestly, i did not understand one thing that Wizkid said in that song. Didn't even sound like him. His part was just not clear, as if he wasn't actually there in the studio with them. Lyk his part was recorded separately or something.

Thanks for the review, no need to waste my Data on the song then.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Famouson: 6:43am On Apr 08, 2016
Toluwarni:
This 'Kid' is reaching where some old cargos cant dream of reaching grin grin grin
1. Ojuelegba 12th biggest song of 2015
2. Ojuelegba ft Drake and Skepta
3. Featured on Major Lazers album cool
4. Featured in R Kelly's album
5. Now drake just featured him again, on a potential billboard number 1 track.
6. First Nigerian on billboard
7. Featured Angelique Kidjo on his album

Where's that aunty that said she'll finish his career?? grin grin grin grin

And for those saying Wizkid only whispered, where una papa don reach? Whom God has blessed no one can curse.
You mean to say God's blessings turned him into an arrogant disrespectful kid.?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Featured On The Billboard Charts by Jrigga(m): 7:19am On Apr 08, 2016
DrayZee:

Wizkid's part is not a verse, its like a second hook. D song is a dance song. His part fits d song perfectly. 'One Dance' is a club banger. Drake needed someone that knows d club banger ishhh very well, so he featured Wizkid. Get it.

30 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Korede Bello And His Coursemates On A Field Trip To The Beach (Pics, Video) / Bbnaija: Bassey Welcomed To Calabar By Florence Ita-Giwa (Video, Photo) / Adewale Adeleke And Wife, Kani Welcome A Baby Girl (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.