Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy (34354 Views)

What To Expect In The Infinix S3: Better Than Tecno Camon CM? / Why Infinix Note 3? / Infinix More Faster & Better In Multitasking Than Tecno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by obanqua(m): 11:05am On Apr 08, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
what about other features like camera quality

Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Tallesty1(m): 11:06am On Apr 08, 2016
scachy:

Am not arguing what u said cos I don't know if it's true but,If they are own by the same conglomerate,why is only Infinix product available where I am? No Tecno and Itel brands here. Only Infinix. Or Maybe Tecno and Itel didn't meet up with Gulf standard Shaa
Lols. Google is your friend bro.

The three brands(when I was still into blogging) use the same customer(calcare). Dunno for now.

1 Like

Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by scachy(m): 11:19am On Apr 08, 2016
Tallesty1:
Lols. Google is your friend bro.

The three brands(when I was still into blogging) use the same customer(calcare). Dunno for now.

All right
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by brightology3: 11:34am On Apr 08, 2016
Nebuchadnezar:
in nutshell infinix phone sells more than tecno these days despite tecno fierce marketing strategy these are the reasons :

1 Affordable with quality : it's no more news that infinix hot note pro was one of the highest sold smart phone in Nigeria and Africa, people saw the phone as a must have because of it's features and price.
infinix hot note pro comes with 4000mAh battery 32gb rom 2gb ram 5.5" 8mp camera and lots more at less than 26k now tell me any tecno phone with 2gb ram at 26k talk more of 4000mAh battery so why won't it sell like pure water?
tecno phantom 5 was marketed like crazy including some people faking stories just to market it more but yet it didn't receive a breakthrough because in the midst of this harsh economy someone will rather go for galaxy note 3 which will have a nice selling value in 3-4 years time than tecno phantom 5 which the value decreases as soon as you open the carton grin
ok why will I buy boom j8 when I can get gionee, infinix note 2 xiaomi and co with more features at the same price.
yes I appreciate the effort of tecno in Africa but they should know that they have rivalries and they need to up their game or go into oblivion like Nokia.
you don't see infinix or gionee with such noise because their product quality and price do the talking grin
an adage says that good market sells itself.

2. poor marketing strategy and unnecessary comparison
:
to be honest am a huge fan of tecno till they start comparing themselves with some high end devices like Samsung and the almighty apple.
yes am a huge fan of Android and will choose android over iPhone anytime infact I'll choose iPhone, sell it and buy android and still have some change left grin but you can never compare iPhone to android when it comes to processor though snapdragon are competing but apple are still baba when it comes to processor.
ok imagine where Samsung running latest snapdragon competing with Apple then tecno with mtk Chipset sets in grin isn't that funny?
I started disliking tecno because of that and i believe many are also angry at that useless marketing strategy. this is what you'll never see the likes of infinix or gionee do because they knew that they are not high end device and we love them for whom they are.
gionee even have some device running snapdragon yet you won't see them comparing and people patronize them.

lesson it pays to be humble cool
op answer me na, my previous quote
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by adeseun22(m): 11:34am On Apr 08, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
As a user of window phone for years, lumia 520, lumia 720 and now lumia 640xl.
I want to switch to android phone because i have used windows for long.
Now which android phone can give me a good clear camera quailty and long lasting battery life like my lumia 640xl?

Budget N45,000 to N50,000

Infinix zero 3 with 3gb ram 32gb inbuilt memory + space for external memory, 20000may battery. 20mp rear camera, 8mp front camera, can't remember the screen size but its big enough and durable
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Funkybabee(f): 11:50am On Apr 08, 2016
see how people they bash tecno and infinix,who owned them both. abeg u better go do ur research well infinix na packaging

joko sibe
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Liljeez(m): 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
Fernandowski:
#team_BlackBerry
When Mark comot una whatsapp and facebook.......u go know what's up
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by jaymichael(m): 12:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nebuchadnezar:

my guy no dey do attachee by force just accept the fact that tecno is towing the part of oblivion though it's never too late
But the guy is right na, tecno and infinix na the same. Tecno+Sagem=infinix but both (the tecno and the infinix) are 'crappy' phones sha.
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Minesota1(f): 12:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
Hmm I see everyone getting upbeat about this..i like d fact that the boom j8 is a music phone na....In fact, the headset I am using with this phone is good abeg...If I dont have money for beats by dre, at least I have been blessed with a free headset by buying a phone..So let their marketing strategy be..if dey aren't making money they won't be in business..btw this post has hate written all over it.

1 Like

Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by CarmelloANGEL(m): 12:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
csc2:
Who owns Tecno? Who owns Infinix? Op wake Up
I taya o...Tecno, Infinix and iTel are owned by the same Parent comapny.
Such business strategy is called Self competition.
Unilever does that alot here in Nigeria. Also, Friesland produces both Peak milk and Three Crowns.
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Jacinta44(f): 12:53pm On Apr 08, 2016
Minesota1:
Hmm I see everyone getting upbeat about this..i like d fact that the boom j8 is a music phone na....In fact, the headset I am using with this phone is good abeg...If I dont have money for beats by dre, at least I have been blessed with a free headset by buying a phone..So let their marketing strategy be..if dey aren't making money they won't be in business..btw this post has hate written all over it.

I concur.
Exactly!

What is it with people self?
With what statistics did they measure infinix selling over Tecno.

The only thing that might hurt about the brand is that it was introduced at a time when there was a clear disdain for "chinko" phones, and that tag has stuck.

But for users like me, I can clearly assert that it has gotten better. Much better over time.

This thread just feels like brand wars.
Better to stick with warreva works for you.
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
Pls how much is infinix hot one ?
CarmelloANGEL:
Unilever does that alot here in Nigeria. Also, Friesland produces both Peak milk and Three Crowns.
Pls how much is infinix hot one ?
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nebuchadnezar: 12:59pm On Apr 08, 2016
brightology3:
op am currently using infinix hot x507 and the battery is not really encouraging. which brand of infinix BTW 20 to 25k can you recommend for me with a durable battery life.

if you can see infinix hot note pro neat second hand go for it or use infinix hot 2 new one
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by magicfingers009: 1:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nebuchadnezar:
in nutshell infinix phone sells more than tecno these days despite tecno fierce marketing strategy these are the reasons :

1 Affordable with quality : it's no more news that infinix hot note pro was one of the highest sold smart phone in Nigeria and Africa, people saw the phone as a must have because of it's features and price.
infinix hot note pro comes with 4000mAh battery 32gb rom 2gb ram 5.5" 8mp camera and lots more at less than 26k now tell me any tecno phone with 2gb ram at 26k talk more of 4000mAh battery so why won't it sell like pure water?
tecno phantom 5 was marketed like crazy including some people faking stories just to market it more but yet it didn't receive a breakthrough because in the midst of this harsh economy someone will rather go for galaxy note 3 which will have a nice selling value in 3-4 years time than tecno phantom 5 which the value decreases as soon as you open the carton grin
ok why will I buy boom j8 when I can get gionee, infinix note 2 xiaomi and co with more features at the same price.
yes I appreciate the effort of tecno in Africa but they should know that they have rivalries and they need to up their game or go into oblivion like Nokia.
you don't see infinix or gionee with such noise because their product quality and price do the talking grin

:
to be honest am a huge fan of tecno till they start comparing themselves with some high end devices like Samsung and the almighty apple.
yes am a huge fan of Android and will choose android over iPhone anytime infact I'll choose iPhone, sell it and buy android and still have some change left grin but you can never compare iPhone to android when it comes to processor though snapdragon are competing but apple are still baba when it comes to processor.
ok imagine where Samsung running latest snapdragon competing with Apple then tecno with mtk Chipset sets in grin isn't that funny?
I started disliking tecno because of that and i believe many are also angry at that useless marketing strategy. this is what you'll never see the likes of infinix or gionee do because they knew that they are not high end device and we love them for whom they are.
gionee even have some device running snapdragon yet you won't see them comparing and people patronize them.

All lies...
1) Where did you get your statistics from that Infinix sells more products than tecno in Nigeria? I beg to different.

2) Camera quality, tecno beats infinix hands down. Those comparisons with the iPhone might be little overrated but infinix is no where in tecno's category of battery life.

i have four phones, a Samsung A5, iPhone 5s, infinix zero and tecno Phantom A3.
I've not charged the tecno phone for five days now, no joke. Though i do not connect to the internet with it often as its a backup phone, but the battery life is amazing that I do not wish to give out the phone. However the infinix zero battery can not last up to 3 hours even on flight mode.
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Horlufemi(m): 1:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
at this time and age you dey buy phone with no sure updates. tecno are learners when it comes to phone support.

2 Likes

Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by nwadiuko1(m): 1:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
Fernandowski:
#team_BlackBerry
yes ohh bros........am addicted to my leap
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nebuchadnezar: 1:10pm On Apr 08, 2016
magicfingers009:

All lies...
1) Where did you get your statistics from that Infinix sells more products than tecno in Nigeria? I beg to different.

2) Camera quality, tecno beats infinix hands down. Those comparisons with the iPhone might be little overrated but infinix is no where in tecno's category of battery life.

i have four phones, a Samsung A5, iPhone 5s, infinix zero and tecno Phantom A3.
I've not charged the tecno phone for five days now, no joke. Though i do not connect to the internet with it often as its a backup phone, but the battery life is amazing that I do not wish to give out the phone. However the infinix zero battery can not last up to 3 hours even on flight mode.

mr man take it or leave it infinix sells faster than tecno.

one thing i love about infinix and gionee is that they spend less on publicity they allow their specs and price range to do the publicity all they do is to announce new phone in the market and booom it's already selling.

ok let me ask you this question
tell me one tecno phone within 25k- 30k with 2gb ram talk more of 4000mah battery ?

mr man tecno is loosing it and the earlier you guys tell them the truth the better for them.
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by brightology3: 1:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nebuchadnezar:

if you can see infinix hot note pro neat second hand go for it or use infinix hot 2 new one
thanks bro. I will go for the note pro

1 Like

Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by luckshine: 1:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
scachy:
No argument, infinix has better design and quality than Tecno
LOL better design and quality. No infinix phone, I repeat no infinix phone fit match these tecno phone for design and quality. 1. Phantom a+ 2. Phantom z mini 3. Phantom5 4. C8 5. J7 6. And the newly baby j8, which I think is the best of all tecno design

2 Likes

Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nebuchadnezar: 1:41pm On Apr 08, 2016
luckshine:

LOL better design and quality. No infinix phone, I repeat no infinix phone fit match these tecno phone for design and quality. 1. Phantom a+ 2. Phantom z mini 3. Phantom5 4. C8 5. J7 6. And the newly baby j8, which I think is the best of all tecno design

Tell me any tecno phone with 2gb ram at the range of 25-30k then we'll talk about design
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by KemiKadashian: 1:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
I dunno much about techno but what i know is that my cousin bought infinix zero and this infinix problem thread became his best friend
https://www.nairaland.com/1839243/infinix-zero-discussion-thread/244
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nebuchadnezar:

:

You only listed just one tecno product that's not selling. All products can't sell at once so tecno knew what they wanted when they introduced phantom z. Other ranges of tecno are selling down to the least one but your so called infinix isn't. As a matter of fact, tecno is a household name than infinix
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nebuchadnezar: 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2016
asuustrike2009:

You only listed just one tecno product that's not selling. All products can't sell at once so tecno knew what they wanted when they introduced phantom z. Other ranges of tecno are selling down to the least one but your so called infinix isn't. As a matter of fact, tecno is a household name than infinix
tecno are just living on past glory with they're loosing fast
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nebuchadnezar:

tecno are just living on past glory with they're loosing fast
They are not. Gionee tried but didn't succeed is now infinix that will
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nebuchadnezar: 2:06pm On Apr 08, 2016
asuustrike2009:

They are not. Gionee tried but didn't succeed is now infinix that will

the earlier you guys start telling this tecno team the truth the better for them for Christ sake how can you produce a 1gb ram phone and expect me to buy it for 30k or more when i can get the 2gb ram 64 bit mtk and larger battery at almost the same rate.
bro let's be sincere here
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nebuchadnezar:

the earlier you guys start telling this tecno team the truth the better for them for Christ sake how can you produce a 1gb ram phone and expect me to buy it for 30k or more when i can get the 2gb ram 64 bit mtk and larger battery at almost the same rate.
bro let's be sincere here
It goes beyond ram. For example camon C 8 was specifically design for pictures while J7 was music .
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nebuchadnezar: 2:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
asuustrike2009:

It goes beyond ram. For example camon C 8 was specifically design for pictures while J7 was music .
while some phones get the same features and still feature more than 2gb ram bro wake up no sane person (unless he's a light user) can buy that crap for that amount.

don't get it twisted am a Huge fan of tecno and one of their best sold device was tecno h6 (Google it pieces sold) I even campaigned for the phone and my neighbors got it why? it's because as of that time the phone was bomb both camera music, especially for selfies and moreover it was damn cheap as of that time imagine 16.5k it sold like pure water, that was the phone that put tecno right back on track now they don't want to learn and up their game.
let them keep deceiving themselves that's how Nokia started because of some blind fans and today those fans of them have abandoned them.
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by LeonMacJames(m): 2:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
csc2:
Who owns Tecno? Who owns Infinix? Op wake Up
it seems you've been awake for 2 long, pls goan sleep
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nebuchadnezar:

while some phones get the same features and still feature more than 2gb ram bro wake up no sane person (unless he's a light user) can buy that crap for that amount.

don't get it twisted am a Huge fan of tecno and one of their best sold device was tecno h6 (Google it pieces sold) I even campaigned for the phone and my neighbors got it why? it's because as of that time the phone was bomb both camera music, especially for selfies and moreover it was damn cheap as of that time imagine 16.5k it sold like pure water, that was the phone that put tecno right back on track now they don't want to learn and up their game.
let them keep deceiving themselves that's how Nokia started because of some blind fans and today those fans of them have abandoned them.

The persons buying their products aren't fools. Tecno is giving to her customers what they want. If you don't like them others do and they aren't complaining. Whether you like or not, they will still top the number of phone manufacturers in Nigeria.
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by LeonMacJames(m): 2:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
CarmelloANGEL:
which parent company
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by scachy(m): 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2016
luckshine:

Ok
Re: Why Infinix Sells More Than Tecno Despite Having Lesser Marketing Strategy by Nebuchadnezar: 2:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
asuustrike2009:

The persons buying their products aren't fools. Tecno is giving to her customers what they want. If you don't like them others do and they aren't complaining. Whether you like or not, they will still top the number of phone manufacturers in Nigeria.

Nope infinix and gionee are the koko now

their fans are just suffering and smiling

tecno are on the verge of oblivion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mention 3 Mobile Apps You Can't Do Without. / MTN Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Free App Launched,You Can Now Win Money Online / Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.