Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,041 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH (29490 Views)

Future Of Higher Education Belongs To Private Varsities — NUC / UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands / 3 Ex-Militants Graduate With First Class Degrees In UK Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by futureniyi: 1:21pm On Apr 08, 2016
Abandon your archaic style of thinking and join us in the new era.

Private universities are fast overtaking the once revered institutions we call public universities.

Grades should be based on performance, not lecturer's wish or ego.

Education should not be stopped because of fuel scarcity or strike.

Most professors that frustrate you in public universities are the same ones that teach in private universities. The difference is they have to put their ego aside and actually do their job.

Demand for change, don't sit and be saying 7% First class is too much. I think less than 2% is a disgrace.

The job of the instructor is to pass knowledge, apparently only 2% of the school actually gains this knowledge excellently, compared to 7% in private universities.

We all know students are victimized in public schools, eradicate that and see that percentage rise.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by olujastro: 1:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
DeeCherry:
Tell me you got a 1st class, I ask the school you attended, you mention one private university, I walk out on you.

First class isn't beans.
My dear, I couldn't agree more. When I see many private school "first class" guys in my office who don't sound half as smart as I expect, I just know their school fees earned them the first class.

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
I disagree with the writer .

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by kuchikau1: 1:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
futureniyi:
Abandon your archaic style of thinking and join us in the new era.

Private universities are fast overtaking the once revered institutions we call public universities.

Grades should be based on performance, not lecturer's wish or ego.

Education should not be stopped because of fuel scarcity or strike.

Most professors that frustrate you in public universities are the same ones that teach in private universities. The difference is they have to put their ego aside and actually do their job.

Demand for change, don't sit and be saying 7% First class is too much. I think less than 2% is a disgrace.

The job of the instructor is to pass knowledge, apparently only 2% of the school actually gains this knowledge excellently, compared to 7% in private universities.

We all know students are victimized in public schools, eradicate that and see that percentage rise.
Glorified secondary school.
Once you have your money, just start school shikena!

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by undisputedgbola(m): 1:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
leahcimzil:
ehhh first class doesnt necessarily mean genius, first class means hardwork. the op's analysis is flawed
In further clarity of your stand, the OP should ans this, does a 'genius' who doesn't take his/her academic life serious, come out with a first class?
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by tosyne2much(m): 1:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
As e be say na PASS I dey, make I just dey observe comments sha cool

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by leahcimzil: 1:28pm On Apr 08, 2016
undisputedgbola:

In further clarity of your stand, the OP should ans this, does a 'genius' who doesn't take his/her academic life serious, come out with a first class?

exactly
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Xonology: 1:28pm On Apr 08, 2016
Will this thrash prevent private University graduates from securing gainful employment? The answer is No!

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Gassa007: 1:30pm On Apr 08, 2016
DeeCherry:
Tell me you got a 1st class, I ask the school you attended, you mention one private university, I walk out on you.

First class isn't beans.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/
education-30830918#
21% of UK University Students finish with a First
Class. Because they make it difficult in Nigeria
doesn't mean it is quality education.

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Gassa007: 1:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
chynie:
is it those glorified secondary schs angry
lets discus sometin else pls smiley
my phone Ba3 is low, pls who get fuel angry he is not using
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-30830918# 21% of UK University Students finish with a First Class. Because they make it difficult in Nigeria doesn't mean it is quality education.

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by lailo: 1:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
Fedayeen:
I don't take most of this Private tertiary institutions serious with their grades. Imagine a Davido that spent mor time dancing Skelewu than receiving lectures in school socring 2:1 @ babCOCK.

The public schools also have beast as lecturers who have swore to frustrate students because thry believed that nobody can get an A in their course.

NUC needs to do more in terms of regulations.

Thumbs up to Dr Buhari an honorary doctorate holder from Kaduna State University which doesn't offer any doctorate degree grin
Dnt be sarcastic,Obasanjo,Aliko Dangote and co were given honorary Doctorate too @ Tai Solarin University that does not as well offer any doctorate degrees.I smell wailer

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by olujastro: 1:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
fabiano09:

I feel like calling you a b1tch. Infact it feels awesome calling you a Ho.
It's because of people like you sensible people no longer contribute meaningfully through their comments on NL as no one, especially an adult, wants to get insulted by kids here.
How can you come to a forum to insult people who never said anything offensive?

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Gassa007: 1:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
PresVA:
"Geniuses are borne not made. Ayodele Daniel Dada (the student who broke record in the University of Lagos by scoring 5.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average CGPA) did not wake up one morning to score those straight As. We are told that his UTME score was so high that his result was withheld. Consequently, he had to go through diploma course. Which of these so-called First Class students from our private universities scored equivalent of straight As in their secondary school exams, and which of them scored anything close to 280 in their UTME? I doubt the honest ability of our private universities to transmogrify ordinary students with ordinary SSCE and banal UTME results into overnight intellectual superstars."

^^^^^^^^^, I think I agree with the writer here somewhat! !!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/
education-30830918#

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Jacko1(m): 1:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
Abeggi the school clearly giv you wat u deserve.

If public universities wer practising d way dat private do wat is der in firstclass..... I knw brains ma set dah wud hav gotteb firstclass ..... But system of evil lecturers

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Bootybuttchic(f): 1:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
kevoh:
Kikiki grin , hating unnecessarily on Private University graduates. tongue Who cares if your lecturers frustrated you from getting a First class in Government Universities?
dont mind the fools jare.....their nagging still wont change their situation

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by TheSociopath(m): 1:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
First class is underrated in Nigeria, believe me. Core courses are undervalued and brilliant minds have low paying jobs. Dullards rule the country. A piloting few are entitled to work in the nation's oil sector. Many ineffective government workers get paid more than professors.

BTW, private universities will later be preferred to public ones. Some of the best universities in the world are private, e.g. Harvard.

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by myrax7(m): 1:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
everyman has right to his or her opinion.
but I certain that not all private schools are right off,
amongs all scandals,I can confidently say this anywhere that any 1st class or degree holder From madonna University worked hard and earned that degree,not by cutting corners.
even if some private university don't follow the strict education benchmark that doesn't mean that all private university are the same.
Any Graduate of Madonna University is as good as a graduate from any tertiary institution in nigeria.
I am making mention of Madonna University cos am a graduate from this institution,I can't defend any other private institution cos I havent studied there

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Gassa007: 1:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
olujastro:

My dear, I couldn't agree more. When I see many private school "first class" guys in my office who don't sound half as smart as I expect, I just know their school fees earned them the first class.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-30830918#

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Gassa007: 1:40pm On Apr 08, 2016
kuchikau1:
... Glorified secondary school. Once you have your money, just start school shikena!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-30830918# 21% of UK University Students finish with a First Class. Because they make it difficult in Nigeria doesn't mean it is quality education.

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by FrankLampard: 1:40pm On Apr 08, 2016
multikolour:

my brother, it is even worst when you are serving and you will find out most of this coppers only know how to speak queens English but they don't have anything upstairs.

Lol Chief you took the word out of my mouth. One of them made me loose an Interview process in one of the big four. my team nearly killed him, but I just let it go.
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Nkemtreasure: 1:43pm On Apr 08, 2016
When you try and don't achieve a feat, then you will think in your heart that its an impossible task.
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 08, 2016
I can't pay almost one million naira a yr and come out wit third class na. That's waste of money.
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Draxler: 1:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
Ebube Oti was the last covenant university best graduating student. Dude had 8As and one B in his WAEC. So you think his first class wasn't earned or what? A lot more of the graduates from that set had fantastic results in WAEC and JAMB. People should really stop hating on these graduates. They worked hard in a more conducive environment and they got the reward. Your public schools are in a sad state right now. Look at Unilag students protesting today because of the bad treatment they are getting. Covenant for example has better facilities than most public universities. Most of you public university graduates can't just accept that your schools are still living in their past glories

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
I can't pay almost one million naira a yr and come out wit second class lower na. That's waste of money.
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Gassa007: 1:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
olujastro:

It's because of people like you sensible people no longer contribute meaningfully through their comments on NL as no one, especially an adult, wants to get insulted by kids here.
How can you come to a forum to insult people who never said anything offensive?
Why too dey lie like this, so walking out on someone is not an insult.It's an insult on the school and its alumni gerrit.Cos you no get money to attend private university, no mean you should be hating grow up
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by OneManLegion(m): 1:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
Opeade939:
First na first class,whether private or public university.

No, dear, first class pass first class. If you doubt, leave your private uni and comman sample Unilorin.

You go believe.

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by dawtune(m): 1:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
It is so disheartening when I see posts like this. Public varsities are not conducive for learning, coupled with harsh lecturers who believe A's are not worth having. Same can't be said of Private universities, where you're given what you deserve. The class size is great, good research laboratories, conductive environment for learning etc.
I am in the process of being a product of a private uni and i am very well at par with my fellows in public varsities.

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 08, 2016
DeeCherry:

First class isn't beans.

Why are u saying a first class from a private university doesnt worth it or wat??

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Draxler: 1:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
olujastro:

Eloquence and Intelligence are not the same thing. Just because someone doesn't 'sound' smart doesn't necessarily mean that the person is dumb. There are some eloquent people also who speak really well but aren't that smart.

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by mandax: 1:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nigeria bastardizes every thing in the world.

Very soon, First Class degrees from Nigeria shall make no sense to any foreign institution.
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by kuchikau1: 1:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
Gassa007:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-30830918#
I hate jokes
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by myrax7(m): 1:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
FrankLampard:

Lol Chief you took the word out of my mouth. One of them made me loose an Interview process in one of the big four. my team nearly killed him, but I just let it go.

if we continue passing judgement dis way den I should confidently say
a female graduate from uni port practised prostitution while in school or a male graduate from uniben or aau ekpoma is a cultists or a graduate from oou is half baked .
guys make we upgrade our mentality and stop dis discrimination or hating..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Full Meaning Of Jamb / What Course Can She Study With This WAEC Result? / Is This Fee Not Outrageous? (UNICAL Med Lab 4th Year)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106