Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH (29532 Views)

Future Of Higher Education Belongs To Private Varsities — NUC / UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands / 3 Ex-Militants Graduate With First Class Degrees In UK Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
dearsly:
WHEN NEXT YOU WANNA CRITICIZE PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES, ASK YOURSELF HOW USEFUL YOU ARE TO THE SOCIETY OR STOP HATING AND PARK WELL

Hahaha...how true... dont mind dem... and dey will b d ones to send deir young ilks to private basic and secondary schools...

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by yorex2011: 1:52pm On Apr 08, 2016
But I'm almost a genius and I didnt get first class cry
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Draxler: 1:53pm On Apr 08, 2016
OneManLegion:

No, dear, first class pass first class. If you doubt, leave your private uni and comman sample Unilorin.

You go believe.
Do you think that a Harvard or MIT first class graduate will get a first class in your ill equipped public universities? Most of them will most likely fail in those places because the facilities aren't up to standard. So with that we can also say Unilorin is better than Harvard right?

5 Likes

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by myrax7(m): 1:53pm On Apr 08, 2016
charliboy654:
I can't pay almost one million naira a yr and come out wit second class lower na. That's waste of money.

it's not a waste of money,it's d result of your effort.
accept it dat way..
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by iamcourage(m): 1:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
DeeCherry:
Tell me you got a 1st class, I ask the school you attended, you mention one private university, I walk out on you.

First class isn't beans.
the way you are sounding I really doubt if you can make a 2:2, from a private university. .graduates from private universities are really standard academically not to talk of their first class
so biko goan site down..
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Heavance(m): 1:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
my people, simply because our parents can't pay the money in private uni doesn't mean we should hate.
I have met many from private, state n federal uni, really its about what u can offer not the school u attended. You will definitely meet a lot of people in life before u understand this.
And then, it has to be ur foundation, forget whether u went to a state, federal or private uni, if ur foundation is bad, nothing can help u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by iamgiggssleaky(m): 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2016
myrax7:

if we continue passing judgement dis way den I should confidently say
a female graduate from uni port practised prostitution while in school or a male graduate from uniben or aau ekpoma is a cultists or a graduate from oou is half baked .
guys make we upgrade our mentality and stop dis discrimination or hating..

I concur
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Opeade939(f): 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2016
Tell me more
As if those that are there are dullards.
OneManLegion:

No, dear, first class pass first class. If you doubt, leave your private uni and comman sample Unilorin.

You go believe.
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by myrax7(m): 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2016
olujastro:

My dear, I couldn't agree more. When I see many private school "first class" guys in my office who don't sound half as smart as I expect, I just know their school fees earned them the first class.

have u not met graduate of government institution who are computer illiterates ?

come and see so many of them where am presently serving.

I wonder who helped them do their assignment online or type their projects

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Opeade939(f): 1:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
Well said.....
iamcourage:

the way you are sounding I really doubt if you can make a 2:2, from a private university. .graduates from private universities are really standard academically not to talk of their first class
so biko goan site down..
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Gassa007: 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
kuchikau1:
... I hate jokes
I also hate haters
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Draxler: 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
multikolour:

my brother, it is even worst when you are serving and you will find out most of this coppers only know how to speak queens English but they don't have anything upstairs.
Dude its 'worse' not 'worst'. You are hating on people that speak better english than you because they went to private schools.See how you are making grammatical errors but if someone from a private university does this you will be the first to shout.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Kooldude01: 1:59pm On Apr 08, 2016
Fedayeen:
I don't take most of this Private tertiary institutions serious with their grades. Imagine a Davido that spent mor time dancing Skelewu than receiving lectures in school socring 2:1 @ babCOCK.

The public schools also have beast as lecturers who have swore to frustrate students because thry believed that nobody can get an A in their course.

NUC needs to do more in terms of regulations.

Thumbs up to Dr Buhari an honorary doctorate holder from Kaduna State University which doesn't offer any doctorate degree grin
Exactly bro! that was why Dr Buhari appointed a prof as a junior minister of education while a journalist was made a senior minister.
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by OneManLegion(m): 1:59pm On Apr 08, 2016
Opeade939:
Tell me more
As if those that are there are dullards.

I'm not saying they're dullards, I'm saying first class comes cheap to them.

An overwhelming majority wouldn't graduate with that first class degree in a federal university because the standard is higher here.

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
charliboy654:
I can't pay almost one million naira a yr and come out wit second class lower na. That's waste of money.

I know someone that finished with 3.49 in mech engr frm a private uni...
Went to canada and made a distinction. .. so wat d Bleep are thou saying? ??

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Opeade939(f): 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2016
What is this one saying?
kuchikau1:
... Glorified secondary school. Once you have your money, just start school shikena!
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by OneManLegion(m): 2:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
yorex2011:
But I'm almost a genius and I didnt get first class cry

You're not alone.
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by bakynes(m): 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
I agree with people from the Public Universities. Why? Some time ago i read online of how convenant university produced 400 first class graduates in one graduating year out of about a thousand graduating student. To me thats way to much. First class is not that easy to achieve certainly not about 40% of graduating student. I studied in public uni here in Nigeria and had a masters degree in the UK,in my class of about 50 students we had just 2 students that graduated with distinction ( Equivalent to First class in the Bachelors category). I agree some students from the private uni are as brilliant as those in the public uni and study under a much condusive environment of learning but the numbers of first class student been produced year in year out makes first class degree look like a joke.
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by FavouriteMe(f): 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
crixtex:

I know someone that finished with 3.49 in mech engr frm a private uni...
Went to canada and made a distinction. .. so wat d Bleep are thou saying? ??
I ain saying dey are no intelligent persons in private, a lot off my friends are there, just saying the amount they pay is quite expensive to come out wit poor grades.
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Opeade939(f): 2:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
Then what about unibadan that churned out over 200 first class graduates for just two sessions?
Your argument is pointless......
OneManLegion:

An overwhelming majority wouldn't graduate with that first class degree in a federal university because the standard is higher here.

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Draxler: 2:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
charliboy654:

I ain saying dey are no intelligent persons in private, a lot off my friends are there, just saying the amount they pay is quite expensive to come out wit poor grades.
But it doesn't change the fact that they still have LOTS of graduates with poor grades
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by airsaylongcon: 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
Draxler:

Eloquence and Intelligence are not the same thing. Just because someone doesn't 'sound' smart doesn't necessarily mean that the person is dumb. There are some eloquent people also who speak really well but aren't that smart.
I agree with you 100%. The other day I was interacting with a Chinese dude and his English was off putting. Then we got down to discussing figures and projections. That Chinese man left me dizzy and I consider myself intelligent. Very intelligent
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by iamcourage(m): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
OneManLegion:

standard? in reality public universities are not even up to scratch compared to private universities in terms of standard
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
charliboy654:

Bro... it happens like at times.. mostly due to frivolity. ...
Buh I bliv if one can make 3.0/5.0.... its not bad...
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Draxler: 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
OneManLegion:

Which yeye standard? The ones where your labs are Ill equipped? Or with the lack of basic facilities in the school? Where lecturers hardly come to class or frustrate some of their students just because they don't like them? Or the strikes and the riots like the one in Unilag presently? Is that one standard?

3 Likes

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
[s]Which of these so-called First Class students from
our private universities scored equivalent of straight As in
their secondary school exams, and which of them scored
anything close to 280 in their UTME? I doubt the honest
ability of our private universities to t[/s]. Wish I can find your cheek to slap U cos of this Trash Of The Week U dropped here........Mention another Public University 1st Class Student That Has Same Story Synonymous To That Of Ayodele..................How Many Private Universities' 1st Class Graduate's detail do you know.......What a baseless write-up!!!..............If You Need As,Come And Get It In Private Institutions And Stop Talking What You Don't Know About..............
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by dawtune(m): 2:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
OneManLegion:

It is not the high standard in the Federal varsities, it is the decay in their standard of education.
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Nusaf: 2:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
Dotunblaze:
I believe private uni should have churn out more first class students given that they have the needed facilities to achieve that feat.

Is it the public universities that have poor academic faculties that enhance your chances of having good grades??
If that is the case, then why is it that most of these first class products of private universities can't stand their 2:1 counterparts from public universities both academically and intellectually ? Examples abound. U may take a walk to the nearest NYSC orientation camp and carry out some research. I graduated with 2:2 in Elect/Elect and I work in the same organisation with a graduate of private university with a cgpa of 4.42 in the same E/E who couldn't differenciate btw the electrical symbol of an inductor and that of a resistor. This same guy could not differenciate btw Kwatt and KVA.

2 Likes

Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Draxler: 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nusaf:

If that is the case, then why is it that most of these first class products of private universities can't stand their 2:1 counterparts from public universities both academically and intellectually ? Examples abound. U may take a walk to the nearest NYSC orientation camp and carry out some research. I graduated with 2:2 in Elect/Elect and I work in the same organisation with a graduate of private university with a cgpa of 4.42 in the same E/E who couldn't differenciate btw the electrical symbol of an inductor and that of a resistor. This same guy could not differenciate btw Kwatt and KVA.
The guy could have just done cram and drop although it's still not a good excuse but a lot of people forget most of what they learnt in school because they read to pass and not to understand. But like I said it's not an excuse
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 08, 2016
olujastro:

It's because of people like you sensible people no longer contribute meaningfully through their comments on NL as no one, especially an adult, wants to get insulted by kids here.
How can you come to a forum to insult people who never said anything offensive?
Am older dan your father. If u doubt it i'll give you my fb id. Ode
Re: Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
multikolour:

my brother, it is even worst when you are serving and you will find out most of this coppers only know how to speak queens English but they don't have anything upstairs.
Imagine how ur first paragraph is contradicting the second.........................Public have beasts and such thing doesn't happen in private sch.....What on earth will make dem not to have good grades Agbaya

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Teacher’s Remark That A Student Is Not Behaving Like A Human Draws Attention / Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video / Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.