Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Quick Quiz On Africans In The English Premier League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Quick Quiz On Africans In The English Premier League (3738 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / English Premier League Fixtures For This Weekend And Beyond / Latest Footballnews:english Premier League Results For Matches Played Yesterday: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quick Quiz On Africans In The English Premier League by HNIC(m): 3:46pm On Jul 31, 2009
See if you can score full marks in this quiz on African players in the EPL.

Culled from the net

1 - Who was the first African to win a Premier League medal?

2 - Which African country was Patrick Vieira born in?

3 - From who did Liverpool sign El-Hadji Diouf?

4 - Which midfielder, who would later go on to play for two Premier League clubs, scored in Senegal's 1-0 win over France in the 2002 World Cup?

5 - Which African spent a time on trial at Manchester United, but was apparently turned away after a misunderstanding over some kit, only to move to the Premier League for an awful lot of money a few years later?

6 - Peter Ndlovu played for four clubs in England - name them.

7 - Lucas Radebe was apparently only signed by Leeds to help which player settle in?

8 - Tony Yeboah represented which country?

9 - Which African player once said in answer to the question 'What would you be doing if you weren't a footballer?', "Nothing. My family is very rich"?

10 - Former African footballer of the year Patrick Mboma had a brief spell at which English club?

11 - What is Jay Jay Okocha's real first name?

12 - Mustapha Hadji signed for Coventry in 1999, but what was the name of his Moroccan compatriot who joined him?

13 - Which Nigerian scored twice for Everton in the 1995 FA Cup semi-final against Spurs?

14 - Which manager - currently in charge of a Premier League club - brought George Weah to Europe?

15 - Fredi Kanoute was born in France, but which international team does he play for?

16 - Which player admitted to being 'sick to his stomach' when he signed for his current English club?

17 - Name the Nigerian Champions League winner who played for Ipswich for two seasons.

18 - Match the player to the clubs: Orlando Pirates (South African side), Bolton, Charlton and Ipswich (on loan).

19 - Which player went to court to try and gain Dutch citizenship - and therefore the chance to play for Holland - before failing and moving to England in 2006?

20 - Excluding Seyi Olofinjana (who may have left by the time you read this), Stoke have five Africans on their books - name them.
Re: Quick Quiz On Africans In The English Premier League by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2009
Let me make an attempt based on what I know as I type now, without resorting to internet materials:

No idea.

Senegal

Lens     NB: utaka replaced him at Lens

4 - Which midfielder, who would later go on to play for two Premier League clubs, scored in Senegal's 1-0 win over France in the 2002 World Cup?
Bouba Diop

5 - Which African spent a time on trial at Manchester United, but was apparently turned away after a misunderstanding over some kit, only to move to the Premier League for an awful lot of money a few years later?
Don't know.

I remember he played for Sheffield. Others I don't know

7 - Lucas Radebe was apparently only signed by Leeds to help which player settle in?
No idea.

Ghana

9 - Which African player once said in answer to the question 'What would you be doing if you weren't a footballer?', "Nothing. My family is very rich"?

LOL. . .This is hilarious.  Don't know the player

[b ]10 - Former African footballer of the year Patrick Mboma had a brief spell at which English club? [/b]
Oh how can I forget this!

Augustine

12 - Mustapha Hadji signed for Coventry in 1999, but what was the name of his Moroccan compatriot who joined him?

Isn't that Yusuf Safri or Yusuf Chipo?

13 - Which Nigerian scored twice for Everton in the 1995 FA Cup semi-final against Spurs?

Daniel Amokachi

14 - Which manager - currently in charge of a Premier League club - brought George Weah to Europe?
I don't know

15 - Fredi Kanoute was born in France, but which international team does he play for?

Mali

16 - Which player admitted to being 'sick to his stomach' when he signed for his current English club?

No idea

17 - Name the Nigerian Champions League winner who played for Ipswich for two seasons.
Finidi George

18 - Match the player to the clubs: Orlando Pirates (South African side), Bolton, Charlton and Ipswich (on loan).
Who could this be?. . . .bootiiiinnnggggg. . . .

19 - Which player went to court to try and gain Dutch citizenship - and therefore the chance to play for Holland - before failing and moving to England in 2006?
Saloman Kalou

20 - Excluding Seyi Olofinjana (who may have left by the time you read this), Stoke have five Africans on their books - name them.
Re: Quick Quiz On Africans In The English Premier League by Ibime(m): 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2009
Bruce Grobelaar (before Prem). Kanu (after prem)

Senegal

Lens

The wardrobe, Papa Bouba Diop

Michael Essien is a thief.

Birmingham and Coventry, cant remember the others.

I guess Yeboah

Black Stars

Mikel?

10 - Former African footballer of the year Patrick Mboma had a brief spell at which English club?
Cant remember, but I remember that he flopped.

Augustine

Chippo

The Bull

The Viewer

Mali

Drogba, the little bitch.

Finidiblow

Mark Fish

Salomon 'kay-leg' Kalou

Amdy Faye, Abdoulaye Faye, Sidibe, Diao, Sonko
Re: Quick Quiz On Africans In The English Premier League by RSA(m): 8:05am On Aug 07, 2009
7 - Lucas Radebe was apparently only signed by Leeds to help which player settle in?[b][/b]
Phillimon "Chippa" Masinga
Re: Quick Quiz On Africans In The English Premier League by Phony200(m): 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2009
Michael Essien is A THIEF
grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Alex Mcleish Sacked As Aston Villa Manager / Ronaldinoh Rules / Pep Guadiola Vs Frank Rijkaard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.