Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,080 members, 7,807,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase (14327 Views)

Types Of People You Will Find In Funaab Night Classes / LASU Students Defeat U.I, Futa And Others At Inter-university Debate In Funaab / A Student Shot During Protest In FUNAAB Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Gracian(m): 12:47pm On Apr 08, 2016
For the past three weeks, a larger percentage of students of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State haven't had a good night rest owing to the onslaught of armed robbers since the beginning of the year.
It all started like a joke, whilst other students made fun of the robbery experience of their colleagues not knowing the fate that awaits them.
The three weeks Armageddon has resulted into the loss of properties worth millions as these marauders have been able to cart away different high priced gadgets owned by students.
To the utter dismay of many, the suspended Student Union President claimed that the robbery was being perpetrated by the students of the institution.
This has not only sparked an outrage amongst students, but has also portrayed the President's ignorance of the Funaabsu constitution which says he must defend the students of this great ivory tower no matter what.
Now, students have abandoned their hostels to seek refuge in school because no-one has the courage to sleep with both eyes closed.
Night class is now a mecca of reading as students have no choice but to go to school to study.
The level of insecurity is now top-notch as no hostel is secure, the marauders are well armed and can break into any hostel through the roof, door, and others.
The security operatives here at Abeokuta are not doing anything to restore serenity to our school environment, instead they are arresting innocent students who are law abiding citizens of this country.
We're hereby sending an SOS to all security outfits to come to our aid before this robbers start a killing spree.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by amiibaby(f): 2:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
That is change for u
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Ekowise(m): 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
Let my people be!!

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by vision2050: 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
Eleweran is not far now. what is the commissioner of police doing, is he aware?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by odinese(m): 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
MOD wetin happen?
Wey Una dey move topics like say oga seun wan give una quit notice.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Abbeyunique2(m): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
what's happening @my alma mata? I stayed at Isolu without any qualms. Security agencies should please come to their rescue. The funniest thing is that Eleweran (NPF HQ in Ogun state) is just 15min drive from FUNAAB. so close to security yet no security. #wahaladey

8 Likes

Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Chinachriss(m): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
It's a pity sha. Thank God for Uniuyo, we might be a third generation university, but we are making waves. Funnab., It's well.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by FolabiCash: 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
Same in FUTA, insecurity is on the rise
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Ayento: 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
This is serious.After graduation no employment.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by omusiliyu(m): 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
...can only happen when you elect a cultist as SUG president.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by hezy4real01(m): 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2016
Student secure yourselves if the school is not doing that, keep clear from any form our violence God bless you all
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by snezBaba: 2:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
Baba God, my life cry your hand oo
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Larryfest(m): 2:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
Ogun state no get police command abi hw na??.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by olaolulazio(m): 2:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
Kk
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by adedam007(m): 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2016
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by mamaafrik(m): 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2016
Dey should meet with d CDAs now and find a way to report to police and vigilantes,especially around camp,gate and isolu.i dont tink the school can do much as it is out of her scope.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Mintayo(m): 2:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
This is bad. This is not the way I left the school.
The moment management courses were introduced, I knew it's the beginning of the end. embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by omofunaab(m): 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2016
Mintayo:
The moment management courses were introduced, I knew it's the beginning of the end. embarassed

Please that's not the point. .did anyone tell you management students are the ones stealing?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by winkmart: 2:28pm On Apr 08, 2016
MY SCHOOL GOT WORSE WHEN THEY STARTED SOCIAL SCIENCE COURSES

too bad

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by neyochin: 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2016
Abbeyunique2:
what's happening @my alma mata? I stayed at Isolu without any qualms. Security agencies should please come to their rescue. The funniest thing is that Eleweran (NPF HQ in Ogun state) is just 15min drive from FUNAAB. so close to security yet no security. #wahaladey
eleweran is not up to five minutes to camp self

1 Like

Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Abbeyunique2(m): 2:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
neyochin:
eleweran is not up to five minutes to camp self
Abi
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Fkhalifa(m): 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2016
Oh my alma mata. sad

Please come to their aid o
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by vicky3(m): 2:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
The robbers are not even scared they can rob at anytime and go free but dy never reach my hostel
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by lollmaolol(m): 2:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
sorry oo funaabite, this has been happening in camp since year 2000, was just on a smaller scale, I am surprised how sophisticated they have become. then they use party spoon to carry your phone after you must have fallen asleep from all night jerking...I hope the security personnel will do something about it, Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Jamzig1(m): 2:49pm On Apr 08, 2016
This is just so sardonic
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by scampy(m): 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
Make the students go protest in front of Eleweran na.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by kingthreat(m): 2:53pm On Apr 08, 2016
Students should unite. Engage OPC pay them well monthly
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 08, 2016
Uncool

check my signature
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Olubodef(m): 3:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
Mintayo:
God puniiish ur whole family fr making reference to mgt student...... omo ale jati jati
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Damicares(f): 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
As in ehn... It's becoming too much. Ion even sleep well cus of fear. The worst part is that the sug has done nothing about it. Nawa o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UTME Registration: Cyber Café Owners Want Senate To Investigate New JAMB Policy / NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration / JAMB List Of Approved CBT Centres For 2018 UTME Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.