Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

2003 ACURA TL V6 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2003 ACURA TL V6 (2653 Views)

2003 Acura MDX Slipping / Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL / 2003 ACURA MDX Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2003 ACURA TL V6 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
Pls can anyone in the house advise on pros and cons of this ride?tnx
Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by FlyboyZee: 4:55am On Apr 10, 2016
Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by sooperrescue(m): 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2016
Dont buy, it is not tolerant of regular unleaded fuel and so na so so gear box issue you will face and the engine will become sluggish and Kazeem will always be changing your coils, plugs servicing your injectors and before the car tire, you have retired.
Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by lonelydora: 4:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
Buy. Drive. Do your routine maintenance. Thank me later.
Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by grimadult(m): 6:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
sooperrescue:
Dont buy, it is not tolerant of regular unleaded fuel and so na so so gear box issue you will face and the engine will become sluggish and Kazeem will always be changing your coils, plugs servicing your injectors and before the car tire, you have retired.

You are so very wrong. I own this car and have used it for 4years now and still counting. Very reliable and strong car. Just do your routine maintenance as at when due and use recommend oil/fluids especially the transmission fluid. Yes I have changed my transmission before but it failed based on my ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by sooperrescue(m): 7:58pm On Apr 10, 2016
grimadult:
You are so very wrong. I own this car and have used it for 4years now and still counting. Very reliable and strong car. Just do your routine maintenance as at when due and use recommend oil/fluids especially the transmission fluid. Yes I have changed my transmission before but it failed based on my ignorance.

At least you admitted that you were ignorant over your transmission. Can you tell the new buyer what was the ignorance that made you change your transmission? You used Abro ATF? Why not tell the new buyer what your routine maintenance means, like how many times have they changed your plugs, coils, nozzles and then what type of fuel Acura uses> Can you put your hand into your oil chamber and let us see if there is no sludge? Is the car still agile like it was 4 years ago? If all these questions are affirmative, then you can give him honest advice. Count, on any major road how many TL you will see on the road? There is only one that I know of who bought his TL and ordered 5 w 20 Penzoil from the US, that is the only guy that reads the fuel consumption online and ensures that it tallies with his car's performance.

1 Like

Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by ataspray(m): 8:07pm On Apr 10, 2016
sooperrescue:

At least you admitted that you were ignorant over your transmission. Can you tell the new buyer what was the ignorance that made you change your transmission? You used Abro ATF? Why not tell the new buyer what your routine maintenance means, like how many times have they changed your plugs, coils, nozzles and then what type of fuel Acura uses> Can you put your hand into your oil chamber and let us see if there is no sludge? Is the car still agile like it was 4 years ago? If all these questions are affirmative, then you can give him honest advice. Count, on any major road how many TL you will see on the road? There is only one that I know of who bought his TL and ordered 5 w 20 Penzoil from the US, that is the only guy that reads the fuel consumption online and ensures that it tallies with his car's performance.
what are you saying oga? you have not mentioned any problem peculiar to the Acura TL, everything you have talked about boils down to routine/regular service and maintenance, which is normal and expected of EVERY car undecided
op it is a nice car. i used a 2003 model some years back, very similar to what flyboyzee posted.

1 Like

Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by sooperrescue(m): 8:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
I mentioned gearbox and sluggish engine due to the Acura requiring premium unleaded fuel and that he should not buy even though it is a sweet car which in the end turns to bitter kola. If you are proud of your Acura, take a photo and paste it here. We know a well maintained car by its look.
Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by grimadult(m): 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
sooperrescue:

Mr man, I do not need to argue with you on a car you probably have not used and your assumptions based on hear say. But the keep the record straight, I HAVE not and NEVER have changed the above parts you mentioned. I also do not need to take pictures to prove to you that I DO NOT have sludge build up or how neat my car is just to satisfy your baseless curiosity. I can help you and arrange for a test drive my car(but come with your unleaded or premium fuel). And by the way....her name is Samantha. She has siblings too.

1 Like

Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by Lexusgs430: 6:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
grimadult:

Mr man, I do not need to argue with you on a car you probably have not used and your assumptions based on hear say. But the keep the record straight, I HAVE not and NEVER have changed the above parts you mentioned. I also do not need to take pictures to prove to you that I DO NOT have sludge build up or how neat my car is just to satisfy your baseless curiosity. I can help you and arrange for a test drive my car(but come with your unleaded or premium fuel). And by the way....her name is Samantha. She has siblings too.

Lol. This fuel scarcity dey cause something else o!!! How big are Samantha's siblings?
Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by grimadult(m): 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Lol. This fuel scarcity dey cause something else o!!! How big are Samantha's siblings?

I greet you... Samantha is the oldest of them all, a 3.2ltr V6 Vtec with a four speed transmission. Then Amanda... 2004 Honda Pilot 3.5ltr V6. And Becky.. 2008 Honda Accord I4.

Sorry people and Pearly1,am not trying to derail this thread.
Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by kingreign(m): 7:14pm On Apr 11, 2016
grimadult:

I greet you... Samantha is the oldest of them all, a 3.2ltr V6 Vtec with a four speed transmission. Then Amanda... 2004 Honda Pilot 3.5ltr V6. And Becky.. 2008 Honda Accord I4.

Sorry people and Pearly1,am not trying to derail this thread.

uncle gazzuzz, nurey et al come see something o.
Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by kingreign(m): 7:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
sooperrescue:

youre right, most hondas/acuras circa 97-05 especially V6 variants are prone to tranny issues.
Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by ataspray(m): 7:24pm On Apr 11, 2016
kingreign:

youre right, most hondas/acuras circa 97-05 especially V6 variants are prone to tranny issues.
its only nigerian mechanics like gazzuzz and kingreign etc that will be discouraging people on any car thats not a 4 cylinder engine
go and see what car ur counterpart siena in the UK drives
or what egunmogaji in the US drives
small minded chaps
pls list any car that does not have its own issues its prone too, d op just needed d pros and cons of the vehicle,u people are turning it into another crusade. na wa ooo

2 Likes

Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:51pm On Apr 11, 2016
ataspray:

its only nigerian mechanics like gazzuzz and kingreign etc that will be discouraging people on any car thats not a 4 cylinder engine
small minded chaps
pls list any car that does not have its own issues its prone too, d op just needed d pros and cons of the vehicle,u people are turning it into another crusade. na wa ooo

look thru the thread, do you see me there?

The gearbox is well documented to be problematic so what are u getting at?

Siena is a mechanic, egun a mechanic you want the op to learn work upon say him buy car?

2 Likes

Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by ataspray(m): 8:43pm On Apr 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

look thru the thread, do you see me there?

The gearbox is well documented to be problematic so what are u getting at?

Siena is a mechanic, egun a mechanic you want the op to learn work upon say him buy car?

u would come sooner or later. pointing out dat d gearbox is problematic is pointless. is there any other problem free car u can recommend? a car that doesn't have any sinlge issue its prone to? is there? answer me
Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by mili3kid(m): 8:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
ataspray:

u would come sooner or later. pointing out dat d gearbox is problematic is pointless. is there any other problem free car u can recommend? a car that doesn't have any sinlge issue its prone to? is there? answer me
wit all due respect sir. i biliv every1 here is entitled to air his own view abt wat he thinks on d above thread.
pls sir we rly dnt av to fight over this issue tho i enjoi d arguements... cuz each person i biliv is speaking from experience n chaps like us wey neva get d experience dey learn invaluable lessons... just try calm down small bros... hehehehe
lets enjoi d conversation...
Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
ataspray:

thread title 2003 acura TL V6.

pearly1:
Pls can anyone in the house advise on pros and cons of this ride?tnx

ataspray what is your advise?
Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by kingreign(m): 7:51am On Apr 12, 2016
ataspray:

small minded chaps

You high or smoke ganja weed?
Why you wan start beefing early morning? Where have you seen me discouraging any non 4cylinder? Mind ya sef before I vex back monkey wrench for ya head. angry
Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by Readonee35L(m): 10:22am On Apr 12, 2016
This argument.

I won't defend anybody , Because una get una own for body, Talk dis today Talk dt tomoro..

But you ataspray you have to be very careful . you keep running ur mawt round the whole forum attacking people how have you helped solving a problem in cartalk, The other day you came ranting and insulting obitee the guy with the camry Se who blew his Gasket, insulting the guy.
Ur body no they stay one place ,as of last two weeks you came on attacking me with one other guy on me owning srt8 or not, last week u were stalking me on another thread when a guy says he'll sell a LX for 50M and you were saying it's none of my business .
You need to be careful like I said earlier.

Acura Tl is a nice car it's almost similar to the Honda Baby boy, They share almost everything , The Tl uses J32 while accord uses j30
I'll advice you too buy the 1999 /2000 Model because it has the Regular 4 speed auto
The 2001_2003
Had the new 5s transmission then that is prone too failure...
Note it's not really economical but I must say it's not a bad ride,
Its fast and it also has a nice interior.

1 Like

Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by diportivo: 10:58am On Apr 12, 2016
kingreign:

You high or smoke ganja weed?
Why you wan start beefing early morning? Where have you seen me discouraging any non 4cylinder? Mind ya sef before I vex back monkey wrench for ya head. angry

No vex my oga

Dat ur wrench na original cry
Re: 2003 ACURA TL V6 by ataspray(m): 7:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

thread title 2003 acura TL V6.

ataspray what is your advise?
buy the car. the maintenance is not rocket science for christs sakes
service when due, buy original parts
its a fast and stable car, nice interior too
and its unique too

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

6 Cars That Top Out Over 200,000 Miles - Autoauctionmall / Should I Buy A Nigerian Used Or Tokunbo / 2016 Mercedes-amg GT . The MERC. Super Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.