Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,734 members, 7,806,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" (27527 Views)

‘internet Usage Low In Bayelsa, Yobe, Ebonyi States, Others’ / Whatsapp Postpones Usage Deadline / New Whatsapp Privacy Policy - What It Really Means For Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by okonja(m): 1:04am On Apr 09, 2016
Well, we were all happy about the speed promised, but to fellow heavy data consumer like me, hope you are aware of the FAIR USE POLICY

1. ntel is committed to providing our customers with a fast and reliable service hence, we have taken steps to implement our Fair Use Policy.

2. This Policy shall apply to all our customers (pre-paid and post-paid).

3. Our Fair Use Policy is aligned with the best industry practices of global telecommunications providers and is subject to change without prior notice.

4. This policy allows us maintain the quality of our mobile internet service and give all ntel customers fair opportunities to enjoy our network.

5. Customers likely to be affected by this policy are those who generate large volumes of traffic; often have file-sharing software or peer-to-peer/torrent apps on their phones or tablets; and download large-format files such as music, videos and movies consistently.

6. At peak periods each day, any customer who has used a total volume of 3GB will be slowed down to 512bps.

7. We reserve the right to review these fair use levels from time to time.

8. We also reserve the right to limit or suspend service to anyone who uses or attempts to use the service in any way that may attract any sanctions or penalties.

9. We reserve the right to suspend use for fraud if such use has or may have a negative effect on our business.

10. Customers are only entitled to use our services for personal, non-commercial use. We reserve the right to impose network protection controls, limit the speed of, suspend or block your access to services, or disconnect you if your use is excessive and/or not in keeping with that reasonably expected of a private individual.

11. We may or may not notify you before taking any of the above actions.

12. The allowance set out in this fair use policy is based on bundles used within Nigeria. Any use when you are abroad will be charged at the relevant international rates.

SOURCE:- NTEL

angry angry

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by nwabuwa: 1:57am On Apr 09, 2016
Ntel scam, I hope to patronize u someday in my village.. Till then airtel rules

8 Likes

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Lagusta(m): 1:59am On Apr 09, 2016
I don't see anything wrong in everything posted here.....

As u can see, it states that "during peak periods" "if 3GB, not 300mb is used" the speed would be throttled.....

And that's likely per day, from what I'm seeing....

So why the long face

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Youngpo413: 2:04am On Apr 09, 2016
All correct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by RACOme: 2:18am On Apr 09, 2016
�‍♀️
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by RACOme: 2:18am On Apr 09, 2016
�‍♀️

1 Like

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by okonja(m): 2:30am On Apr 09, 2016
Lagusta:
I don't see anything wrong in everything posted here.....

As u can see, it states that "during peak periods" "if 3GB, not 300mb is used" the speed would be throttled.....

And that's likely per day, from what I'm seeing....

So why the long face

This is what I consumed in 4hrs 42 Mins .....Thanks to Airtel + the Unlocked Swift Modem undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Lagusta(m): 2:44am On Apr 09, 2016
okonja:

This is what I consumed in 4hrs 42 Mins .....Thanks to Airtel + the Unlocked Swift Modem undecided

Keep on tweaking u hear?

5 Likes

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Etinosajay(m): 4:25am On Apr 09, 2016
okonja:

How's this possible?

U paying for this data or is it a tweak?
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by khalhokage(m): 5:46am On Apr 09, 2016
Are you sure that's 512bps not 512kbps, because that seems extremely slow especially for a LTE-A connection, throttled or not.

21 Likes

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by timilehing(m): 6:13am On Apr 09, 2016
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Cy995: 6:14am On Apr 09, 2016
Una don come again o

1 Like

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by bunmioguns(m): 6:15am On Apr 09, 2016
grin grin

I said it in the other thread that na just mouth dem get

5 Likes

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by macaranta(m): 6:16am On Apr 09, 2016
As in byte per sec? 3G is small for some people ,hope the ntel peeps don't pull a DOA stunt on Nigerians.
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by laposta: 6:17am On Apr 09, 2016
okonja:

is your swift a mi-fi? How did you unlock it? I've been looking to unlock mine without success. all these online calculators na wash.

help a brother biko
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by esoboy875(m): 6:18am On Apr 09, 2016
For me, I tink is ook.
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by abiolag(m): 6:19am On Apr 09, 2016
Anything that favour them
Thank God there's alternatives

3 Likes

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by yomalex(m): 6:20am On Apr 09, 2016
Okay
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by AyamConfidence(m): 6:22am On Apr 09, 2016
The longing for more speed.
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by LoremIpsum: 6:25am On Apr 09, 2016
Fair enough.
Meanwhile, hu get light? I wan sharge fone.
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by nastyesco(m): 6:25am On Apr 09, 2016
Wch one b fair usage policy again.
Shuuu....This is like reading Riot Acts to ur customers

8 Likes

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Suntemi(m): 6:26am On Apr 09, 2016
Just 3Gb? Make I stick to my swift jeje.

9 Likes

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 09, 2016
ENOUGH OF THIS RUBBISH RANTING ALREADY! angry

TELL US THE LOCATIONS OF YOUR DAMN OFFICE angry

NTEL 4G Lies

9 Likes

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by babdap: 6:27am On Apr 09, 2016
Am here to read peoples comment
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by litetias(m): 6:27am On Apr 09, 2016
512bps or 512kbps cos that 512bps means you are basically disconnected from the internet.
I think Ntel is saying in essence that you are allowed only 3gb every day which I think is okay for most users

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Awoofawo(m): 6:28am On Apr 09, 2016
No problem!!! But where we go go collect the yeye si m! Abeg stop all these mouth action!!! cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Suntemi(m): 6:29am On Apr 09, 2016
laposta:

is your swift a mi-fi? How did you unlock it? I've been looking to unlock mine without success. all these online calculators na wash.

help a brother biko

If your Mifi is Huawei E5372, drop the imei number, but it's one of those online calculators I used to unlock mine.
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Keegan: 6:30am On Apr 09, 2016
abiolag:
Anything that favour them
Thank God there's alternatives

You make sense die. Nigerians with their wahala, if it doesn't suit you just waka pass.
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 09, 2016
Nitel scam.
Abegi, my mtn modem never spoil.
Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by sham8co(m): 6:30am On Apr 09, 2016
Is these a threat or what? Ntel Una don start abi.

1 Like

Re: NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" by seunlayi(m): 6:32am On Apr 09, 2016
Ntel just committed suicide at birth

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Set Up And Run Fastboot Commands Without A PC. / Ntel Subscribers Lament: Ntel Finally Dead? / Infinix Zero 5 Unboxing, Price And First Impressions (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.