Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m (27922 Views)

Driver And Passenger Fighting Over N100 In The Middle Of The Road At Abuja. / Bengaluru: Nigerian Drug Peddler Arrested, Cocaine Worth 13 Lakhs Seized / Nigerian Arrested In India With Cocaine Worth Of $720k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by Harbdulrasaq(m): 6:56am On Apr 09, 2016
Two men are currently in the custody of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency after being nabbed at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos over 252 wraps of cocaine weighing 4.3kgs.

The NDLEA put the street value of the drugs at about N39m.

According to NDLEA spokesperson, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, the suspects – 54-year-old Chinweuba Echezona, who is a driver and 44-year-old Ekwueme Louis, a trader – had ingested some of the drugs and concealed part of it in their luggage.

Ofoyeju said:

“The suspects were caught during the screening of passengers on an Emirates flight from Dubai. The NDLEA commander at the airport, Ahmed Garba, said that both suspects are under investigation.

Echezona packed 103 wraps of cocaine in his waist and ingested 69 wraps weighing 2.745kgs while Louis concealed 75 wraps in his luggage and ingested five wraps.”

Garba said the suspects are currently being grilled over the unlawful importation.

Ofoyeju said:

Preliminary investigation revealed that the suspects were promised N500,000 each to smuggle the drugs from Dubai to Nigeria. Their trip was fully sponsored by an unidentified drug trafficking organisation.

However, efforts are ongoing to trace and arrest their sponsors. Martins is married with five children while Louis is married with three children.”

Echezona told officials of the agency in his statement:

“I am a driver but I have been out of job for a while now. I have been searching for job and my condition was so bad that I could not feed and discharge my responsibilities as a husband to my wife and father to my children. This was the reason I went into drug trafficking. I did it in order to survive the economic hardship.”

Louis also attributed his involvement in drug trafficking to poverty.

“I used to sell jewellery but I have lost everything including my shop due to family problem. I feel ashamed that I cannot take care of my family and pay the school fees of my children,” he said.

NDLEA Chairman, Muhammad Abdallah, has ordered a speedy investigation of their cases.

He said:

“Let me assure members of the public that the NDLEA has taken measures to fortify the exit points in the country. Drug traffickers will find it difficult to break through our security barriers.”

“The ultimate objective is to have a society that is free from illicit drug production, trafficking and abuse. This arrest is being investigated and we hope to trace other persons linked to the crime.”

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/04/photo-driver-and-trader-he-carried.html

1 Share

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by fotadmowmend(m): 6:58am On Apr 09, 2016
chai

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by Caseless: 7:00am On Apr 09, 2016
God forgive and deliver me from this nairaland inflicted disease/madness.

I just checked their names! undecided

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:09am On Apr 09, 2016
Not surprised at all, same crime, same ppl, same lame excuses.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by Scatterscatter(m): 7:19am On Apr 09, 2016
The Isrealites are at it again undecided
Abeg make I go queue for fuel jere

62 Likes

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by eyeview: 7:31am On Apr 09, 2016
Don't blame the guys. All the govt jobs available on merit have been seized by the hausas. So niggahs has to take their destinies into their own hands to survive. Go and check,his northern mates are inside nnpc,nimasa,bpe etc fleecing the nation.

Don't hate the player,hate the game.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by xreal: 8:16am On Apr 09, 2016
So they import drugs from dubai again?

this is the third case this week, all imported from dubai.

4 Likes

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by bright007(f): 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2016
Hmm...clears my throat... As the president of Name checkers association, Lagos regional headquarters,

I will like to say I am not disappointed, na dem dem

73 Likes

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by seunny4lif(m): 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2016
grin grin
World association of names checkers
Please my fellow brothers grin
We are not approving any name again angry
Wetin grin
Our papers don full grin
Next please

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 09, 2016
Endtime swallowing grin

5 Likes

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by skywalker495(m): 1:08pm On Apr 09, 2016
Sectarians over to yhu
#proudly Igbo cool

5 Likes

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by holluwai(m): 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
Omo people are damn desperate shocked
Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by casttlebarbz(m): 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
one day for d hustle, another day 4 d hustler
Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
Hardworking Jews and drugs.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by galadima77(m): 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
eyeview:
Don't blame the guys. All the govt jobs available on merit have been seized by the hausas. So niggahs has to take their destinies into their own hands to survive. Go and check,his northern mates are inside nnpc,nimasa,bpe etc fleecing the nation.

Why aren't all broke people trafficking drugs?

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by kennyman2000(m): 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
ohhh boy! The hustle is real mheeennnn...
Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by seunny4lif(m): 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2016
grin grin
Yorubas and the rest will soon arrive and say these gentlemen 54-year-old Chinweuba Echezona, who is a driver and 44-year-old Ekwueme Louis are Igbos grin grin

Biafia don do am again grin cheesy

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by porrigeyam(m): 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2016
54-year-old Chinweuba Echezona, who is a driver and 44-year-old Ekwueme Louis

wink grin
I no talk anything sha grin

29 Likes

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by kekakuz(m): 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2016
Caseless:
Mr too
we are infected
dear God

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by Pavore9: 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2016
eyeview:

Crime can never be rationalized because if a thief dispossess you of your phone. l am very certain you will not say "Don't hate the player,hate the game".

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by seunny4lif(m): 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2016
grin grin
We the
Togo branch
Please send us 5 cartons of A4 papers
grin grin
This people don finished our papers grin
bright007:
Hmm...clears my throat... As the president of Name checkers association, Lagos regional headquarters,

I will like to say I am not disappointed, na dem dem

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by shamecurls(m): 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2016
Lobatan!

Israelites again!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by seunny4lif(m): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2016
grin
Na name too I come check cheesy
Caseless:

7 Likes

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by bright007(f): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2016
seunny4lif:
grin grin
We the
Togo branch
Please send us 5 cartons of A4 papers
grin grin
This people don finished our papers grin
LWTMB....laugh wan tear my belle

seriously... don't you think, its high time all prominent members of this association come together and recognize this hardworking people from isreal for making this association relevant?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
Fulani herdsmen are on rampage and all some southern youths here are doing is instigating tribal bigotry. I swear una useless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by seunny4lif(m): 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2016
grin
We are serious Ma
grin grin
Dem don use the papers finished
bright007:

LWTMB....laugh wan tear my belle

2 Likes

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by alizma: 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2016
which kind curse is this upon the lost tribe of Israel?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by sonya5544: 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2016
na hunger
Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by Kakayaraznits(m): 1:18pm On Apr 09, 2016
eyeview:

Bro abeg which state in Nigeria do u live? Their northern mates plenty for lag wey dey do gate man, sell fruits, even some dey sell Burantashi. A niggha in US no go rob, with excuse sey na oyinbo plenty for White house.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver And The Trader 'swallowed' Cocaine Worth N39m by adekayo1234(m): 1:19pm On Apr 09, 2016
I just joined D name checkers association too and since I joined, I have not been dissapointed.... next pls!! grin

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policemen In Ilorin Protesting Against Corruption And Bribery (pics) / Thief Made To Dance For 7 Hours After He Was Caught In The Act / Driver Hit By LASTMA Officials, Battles For His Life (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.