Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,933 members, 7,803,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): (9860 Views)

When You Decide To Pay Your Girlfriend A Surprise Visit In School / I Caught My Best Man With My Wife Two Weeks To Our Wedding. / Before Calling Your Girlfriend A Slut, Read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by ossai84: 3:01am On Aug 01, 2009
How in the hell are you supposed to wait 4 to 7 years without having sex with someone you love?
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by prittigrrr(f): 3:15am On Aug 01, 2009
u either love her enough to wait or u let her go.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by topup: 3:21am On Aug 01, 2009
You love her enough to put her wishes before your own, and remember that you'll get it when you're married.

If you know you're going to end up cheating or pressuring her then yes like the person above suggested maybe let her go, but to be honest, no smart girl will be happy knowing that you wanted sex more than you wanted to be with her, so if you did think you'd return you might be shocked that she's replaced you with a guy who loves her enough to wait and not pressure her.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by roblance: 5:33am On Aug 01, 2009
this is what i kall Error
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by TheSeeker(m): 5:59am On Aug 01, 2009
If you checked the second and third page of this section, you'll find answers to your question there. Why the hype about virginity these days anyways? Is it some prize?

Well, virgin or no virgin, if she doesn't want you guys to have sex until you get married, so be it. If you love her, you'll come to terms and understand that's how she wants it. Don't talk her into it. She'll do it when she's ready. If you can't wait until she's comfortable with it, walk and keep walking. BTW, sex na food? grin
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by Sissy3(f): 6:02am On Aug 01, 2009
after 7yrs it's now you're complaining or is the 7yrs plan just starting this year or what
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by justwise(m): 6:41am On Aug 01, 2009
ossai84:

How in the hell are you supposed to wait 4 to 7 years without having sex with someone you love?

7yrs is a long time, only love can carry u that far, but if u can't keep it in ur trouser then let her go in peace.
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by Kelvinj(m): 6:48am On Aug 01, 2009
@sissy dnt mind him
@poster
ashawo no dey ur area 2 cure ur craze 4 d moment?
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by posakosa(m): 7:22am On Aug 01, 2009
Ok, if you wait and then you figure out that she can't give birth, what will you do ?
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by TheSeeker(m): 7:43am On Aug 01, 2009
posakosa:

Ok, if you wait and then you figure out that she can't give birth, what will you do ?
Really? Nice thought. But let me ask you this, what will he do if she gets pregnant before marriage?
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by na2day2(m): 7:56am On Aug 01, 2009
ossai84:

how in heaven did u get to count the number of years accurately when ur mind was on sex? grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by C2H5OH(f): 7:56am On Aug 01, 2009
lol
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by TheSeeker(m): 8:09am On Aug 01, 2009
na2day?:

how in heaven did u get to count the number of years accurately when ur mind was on sex? grin grin grin
I don't think he was sure, he said, ". . . 4 to 7 years". Just imagine grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by na2day2(m): 8:11am On Aug 01, 2009
TheSeeker:

I don't think he was sure, he said, ". . . 4 to 7 years". Just imagine grin grin

that sounds like an accurate estimation nau undecided undecided
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by TheSeeker(m): 8:15am On Aug 01, 2009
na2day?:

that sounds like an accurate estimation nau undecided undecided
Was already written on a diary, I guess. Maybe we should ask him if there was a timetable he had made before his offer was turned down wink
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by na2day2(m): 8:20am On Aug 01, 2009
TheSeeker:

Was already written on a diary, I guess. Maybe we should ask him if there was a timetable he had made before his offer was turned down wink

all these bois wey dey shout like say dem go die if dem no get sex, when dem jam woman wey want the thing like sistawoman, na dem go dey talk lata say, e don do, say she too like koko grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by TheSeeker(m): 9:05am On Aug 01, 2009
na2day?:

all these bois wey dey shout like say dem go die if dem no get sex, when dem jam woman wey want the thing like sistawoman, na dem go dey talk lata say, e don do, say she too like koko grin grin grin
You yarn correct. As you dey play your CD, e never skip and e no dey skip. But why, you come use sistawoman as example na? Abeg free the woman na.
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by Godmother(f): 10:50am On Aug 01, 2009
I'll never advise a long relationship. Seven years is not seven days o. If you guys know you want to go for the no-sex kind of relationship, already you should be sure you plan on tying the knots soon. But it has already been said, if you love her, you'll wait.
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by dapsycool(m): 11:01am On Aug 01, 2009
Tell her, she's on the LONG THING! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 01, 2009
@ Poster: You just take it day by day.
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by galatico(m): 11:29am On Aug 01, 2009
Rora Mr. Waiter, wait! wait!! wait!!! How are you even sure that the said Girl is a Virgin, she could be lieing

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by daduke2k(m): 11:37am On Aug 01, 2009
If she refuses, u piss off.
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by stiyke(m): 1:44pm On Aug 01, 2009
galatico:

Rora Mr. Waiter, wait! wait!! wait!!! How are you even sure that the said Girl is a Virgin, she could be lieing

@Poster,

u want to wait? 7yrs no be 7wks ohh. My advice is to be just her friend date her when she is close to being ready to get married thats if u love her that much. If u decide to tow her line and wait. You will definitely Regret it.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by posakosa(m): 4:04pm On Aug 01, 2009
TheSeeker:

Really? Nice thought. But let me ask you this, what will he do if she gets pregnant before marriage?

He will marry her no ni, Ill never forget this story, this man and woman, they did everything and I mean every right prior to marriage. They went for counseling, took HIV/AIDS test and all that good stuff. They got married, spend lots of money on the wedding and were planning a life together, and then for about a month, the woman realized that the bobo oko no dey stand. Chaaiii, She want back to the church and said "this is not what I signed up for. The man told me that he could perform, but its apparent that he may have a medical condition and he can't."

Immediately the church gave her a divorce and now she's happily married to someone else, I mean I don't condone shagging at all times but I think that uuum, shagging SAVES a whole lot of time and one will know if they are sexually compatible prior to marriage and prevent all unnecessary drama.
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by TheSeeker(m): 4:31pm On Aug 01, 2009
posakosa:

He will marry her no ni, Ill never forget this story, this man and woman, they did everything and I mean every right prior to marriage. They went for counseling, took HIV/AIDS test and all that good stuff. They got married, spend lots of money on the wedding and were planning a life together, and then for about a month, the woman realized that the bobo oko no dey stand. Chaaiii, She want back to the church and said "this is not what I signed up for. The man told me that he could perform, but its apparent that he may have a medical condition and he can't."

Immediately the church gave her a divorce and now she's happily married to someone else, I mean I don't condone shagging at all times but I think that uuum, shagging SAVES a whole lot of time and one will know if they are sexually compatible prior to marriage and prevent all unnecessary drama.

He will marry her? What if he hasn't got all it takes to get married then? Like a job, etc.,? That's no way possible. I completely disagree with your reasoning here. So to test a woman's fertility and a man's virility, you have to have sex before marriage? That's not enough reason to have premarital sex. I believe they should have discussions about sex before marriage; this is where they can express their worries and problems if there's any at all. If a man knows he can't perform and lies to his wife, I will support such divorce because the marriage was constructed on falsehood.

But then, why on earth will I have sex with my fiancee just to prove she can have a child? If she gets pregnant and we're not ready for a child, then I'd opt for abortion? C'mon now, you know better. I mean people know reasons why they request premarital sex, but definitely it shouldn't be to judge virility and fertility.
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by MoneyRule(m): 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2009
You can only love her and hope she will also luv u enuf for 7yrs cos men, if after 5 sexless years, she decides to end the r/ship, you go be right definition of "wasted years" so its a risk, if after your asessment, you deem it worth it, then good luck, but personally, 7yrs is just too much to hang on a girlfriend who can change the next second!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by posakosa(m): 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2009
TheSeeker:

He will marry her? What if he hasn't got all it takes to get married then? Like a job, etc.,? That's no way possible. I completely disagree with your reasoning here. So to test a woman's fertility and a man's virility, you have to have sex before marriage? That's not enough reason to have premarital sex. I believe they should have discussions about sex before marriage; this is where they can express their worries and problems if there's any at all. If a man knows he can't perform and lies to his wife, I will support such divorce because the marriage was constructed on falsehood.

But then, why on earth will I have sex with my fiancee just to prove she can have a child? If she gets pregnant and we're not ready for a child, then I'd opt for abortion? C'mon now, you know better. I mean people know reasons why they request premarital sex, but definitely it shouldn't be to judge virility and fertility.

If he has no job, why would a man be shagging a woman without a condom on ? Do you know how any Nigerian men leave their wives because she can't give birth or even worst off, because she can't have a male child ? I concur that people have premarital sex for various reasons.

The man given in the example couldn't perform but he desired to be married, what happened to love might I ask ? Wasn't love enough to hold the marriage ? why can't she forgive ? or is forgiveness selective ?
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by TheSeeker(m): 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2009
posakosa:

If he has no job, why would a man be shagging a woman without a condom on ? Do you know how any Nigerian men leave their wives because she can't give birth or even worst off, because she can't have a male child ? I concur that people have premarital sex for various reasons.

The man given in the example couldn't perform but he desired to be married, what happened to love might I ask ? Wasn't love enough to hold the marriage ? why can't she forgive ? or is forgiveness selective ?
Issue of sex is very explosive. When it comes to relationships especially where marriage will be involved, total honesty is the best option. What you said earlier was the man should have sex with her so as to determine if she can have a child; how can he possibly achieve that with a condom on? There are men who leave their wives because she can't have a child, I wouldn't do that. Marriage isn't about sex and having children alone.

I think with the example, forgiving the man depends on who's involved in the relationship and how well they can handle a partner who lied. Some people can pretty much forgive a partner that lies to them, but does everyone let go of that? I don't think so. I wouldn't lie to my partner and I'd hate to be lied to. I won't say I can't or can forgive a lying partner but I guess it depends on what she may have lied about.

We have different judgment for different situations. The woman may have been fantasizing having kids, base her fantasies on her presumption that he's potent. Finding out he lied to her about his virility will irk her, and I guess whatever decision she makes then can be justified. If he had told her he couldn't produce a child she'd have known first hand and handle the pressure from the beginning. There wouldn't be any commotion about his failure to be able to produce a child. A marriage built on lies, will most likely fail.
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by posakosa(m): 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2009
TheSeeker:

Issue of sex is very explosive. When it comes to relationships especially where marriage will be involved, total honesty is the best option. What you said earlier was the man should have sex with her so as to determine if she can have a child; how can he possibly achieve that with a condom on? There are men who leave their wives because she can't have a child, I wouldn't do that. Marriage isn't about sex and having children alone.

I think with the example, forgiving the man depends on who's involved in the relationship and how well they can handle a partner who lied. Some people can pretty much forgive a partner that lies to them, but does everyone let go of that? I don't think so. I wouldn't lie to my partner and I'd hate to be lied to. I won't say I can't or can forgive a lying partner but I guess it depends on what she may have lied about.

We have different judgment for different situations. The woman may have been fantasizing having kids, base her fantasies on her presumption that he's potent. Finding out he lied to her about his virility will irk her, and I guess whatever decision she makes then can be justified. If he had told her he couldn't produce a child she'd have known first hand and handle the pressure from the beginning. There wouldn't be any commotion about his failure to be able to produce a child. A marriage built on lies, will most likely fail.

You wouldn't do that, thats what every man says until he gets pressure from his momma and family, (where is my grandchild? where is my grandchild? ) You are right in stating that marriage isn't about having children alone, its much more than that, but then societal and family pressure kicks in,

And about the lying thing absolutely, Honesty is the best policy, absolutely, the world would be much more of a better place if we were honest not just to others but to OURSELVES, Too many people cheat themselves by lying to themselves,
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by posakosa(m): 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2009
I like you, Since Biggie's hometown is in NY, is that where you're at?!
Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by TheSeeker(m): 5:52pm On Aug 01, 2009
posakosa:

You wouldn't do that, thats what every man says until he gets pressure from his momma and family, (where is my grandchild? where is my grandchild? ) You are right in stating that marriage isn't about having children alone, its much more than that, but then societal and family pressure kicks in,

And about the lying thing absolutely, Honesty is the best policy, absolutely, the world would be much more of a better place if we were honest not just to others but to OURSELVES, Too many people cheat themselves by lying to themselves,
Yes, many men may say that and at the end of the day act differently in the face of pressure. When I do get married, I am because I can solely make my wife happy, give her confidence, satisfaction, fulfillment etc. My parents and family got nothing to do with her. I married her, not them. If I have any problem with her, I don't go to them.

I handle it with my wife. It's a very childish act for us to act on advice of parents when it comes to marriage. So many men claim to love a woman and in the heat of so much pressure from their parents, another tune is sang. If I can decide to marry my wife despite her inability to have a child, it's none of my family's business. It's either you take it or leave it. You can't live with that, that's your problem not mine. You can't come to my house and harass my wife. If it's too much pressure for her to go see my family, I will stop her from going there. Until they change their stance, they will not set their eyes on me.

The problem we have in Nigeria is that, we listen to what people would say and most times we just prejudice. Most people don't follow their heart, they are always worried about "what will people say?" "how will I look to the public?". There are lots of men who're willing to help their wives with culinary activities, laundry and so on, but what happens? He can't and won't because he doesn't want his family or his friends to think he's a fool --- that's pretense and not living up to be a man on your own.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's A Virgin(she Wants Us To Wait Till Our Wedding Night): by posakosa(m): 6:06pm On Aug 01, 2009
TheSeeker:

Yes, many men may say that and at the end of the day act differently in the face of pressure. When I do get married, I am because I can solely make my wife happy, give her confidence, satisfaction, fulfillment etc. My parents and family got nothing to do with her. I married her, not them. If I have any problem with her, I don't go to them.

I handle it with my wife. It's a very childish act for us to act on advice of parents when it comes to marriage. So many men claim to love a woman and in the heat of so much pressure from their parents, another tune is sang. If I can decide to marry my wife despite her inability to have a child, it's none of my family's business. It's either you take it or leave it. You can't live with that, that's your problem not mine. You can't come to my house and harass my wife. If it's too much pressure for her to go see my family, I will stop her from going there. Until they change their stance, they will not set their eyes on me.

The problem we have in Nigeria is that, we listen to what people would say and most times we just prejudice. Most people don't follow their heart, they are always worried about "what will people say?" "how will I look to the public?". There are lots of men who're willing to help their wives with culinary activities, laundry and so on, but what happens? He can't and won't because he doesn't want his family or his friends to think he's a fool --- that's pretense and not living up to be a man on your own.

Well stated.

Then you are one of the lucky few. My dad cooks for my mom and vice versa, I can't imagine being with a man that can't cook for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Women Always Return To Guys They Once Rejected. / Look At What They are Teaching My Younger Brother [Picture] / Madonna, 61, Goes Nude To Flaunts Her Perky Boobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.