Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

What Plant Is This? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Plant Is This? (3587 Views)

An 'ewedu' Plant That Is Almost Twice The Height Of An Average Female Being. / Treated Giant Elephant Sucker....what You Plant Is What U Harvest / My Cucumber 1 Month Old Plant Is Withering After I Applied NPK Fertilizer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Plant Is This? by Cooleasy(m): 8:58am On Apr 09, 2016
I have been observing this plant growing at the back of my house; it looks quite different from all the other plants growing around me and I have been unable to identify it. However, one important observation I've made is that since the time it started growing, whenever I ask these farmers to weed my surroundings, they always leave this particular plant untouched, which suggests to me that there's something special about this plant. I have not been in touch with these farmers for some time to ask them what plant it is; so, guys, please help me take a look at this plant and identify it for me, whether by its english name or local name.

Re: What Plant Is This? by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 09, 2016
I don't KNOW!!!
Re: What Plant Is This? by Cooleasy(m): 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
My fellow agriculturists, I am still waiting for your answers o.
Re: What Plant Is This? by ojuoluwani(m): 6:46am On Apr 10, 2016
This plant is called GEGEMU in my village I don't know the English name for it. Though the plant is medicinal but very dangerous. Because it used to have some fruits and that fruit if u cut one, and u u just put small portion of it in a water for about five minutes any body that drink just one shot of it will be behaving like mad person cos it shak 200% than original pure alcohol some time the person that drink it may not come back to normal again. The good side is the leave and the root are very medicinal I cannot explain that here cos it has some process before u can use it.

1 Like

Re: What Plant Is This? by Agbaletu: 1:34pm On Apr 10, 2016
Cooleasy:
I have been observing this plant growing at the back of my house; it looks quite different from all the other plants growing around me and I have been unable to identify it. However, one important observation I've made is that since the time it started growing, whenever I ask these farmers to weed my surroundings, they always leave this particular plant untouched, which suggests to me that there's something special about this plant. I have not been in touch with these farmers for some time to ask them what plant it is; so, my people, please help me take a look at this plant and identify it for me, whether by its english name or local name.

This is Gegemu in Yoruba Language. I beg you in the name of God uproot it. Don't cut it, just uproot it. It contains a very high powerful stimulant. This plant has killed many people and made many mentally derailed. Every part of that plant is high in that stimulant.
I beg you again, uproot it before it starts bringing out flowers and seed.

2 Likes

Re: What Plant Is This? by organicfoods(m): 2:22pm On Apr 10, 2016
Devils weed. Extremely dangerous, please don't play with it.

2 Likes

Re: What Plant Is This? by Cooleasy(m): 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2016
I am very grateful to all of you for alerting me about the danger I've been keeping in my backyard for around a year now. Thank God that all along, my intuition prevented me from ever touching it or playing with it despite the fact that I touch other plants a lot almost everyday.
I am now debating on the safest and most effective way to destroy this devil's plant. I'm thinking of burning it and then uprooting the roots afterwards, instead of going straight to uproot it, because the leaves may touch me if I don't destroy the upper parts first. I hope that's a good idea.
Re: What Plant Is This? by Jesusbaby6(f): 5:58pm On Apr 10, 2016
Cooleasy:
I am very grateful to all of you for alerting me about the danger I've been keeping in my backyard for around a year now. Thank God that all along, my intuition prevented me from ever touching it or playing with it despite the fact that I touch other plants a lot almost everyday.
I am now debating on the safest and most effective way to destroy this devil's plant. I'm thinking of burning it and then uprooting the roots afterwards, instead of going straight to uproot it, because the leaves may touch me if I don't destroy the upper parts first. I hope that's a good idea.

Don't you think burning it will expose the stimulant in the air? Maybe you can use a shovel with long handle and dig around without touching it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Plant Is This? by Cooleasy(m): 3:25am On Apr 11, 2016
Jesusbaby6:

Don't you think burning it will expose the stimulant in the air? Maybe you can use a shovel with long handle and dig around without touching it.
Yes, I think this is a very good method to destroy that devil.
Re: What Plant Is This? by Agbaletu: 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2016
Cooleasy:

The plant has no effect on your external body, it works only when it is consumed.

3 Likes

Re: What Plant Is This? by Cooleasy(m): 2:47am On May 09, 2016
This is how I eventually destroyed the evil plant. I totally uprooted it and then I make sure that I placed its roots on a stone so that the root won't ever touch the ground again.

Re: What Plant Is This? by Cooleasy(m): 6:59pm On May 09, 2016
Good riddance to bad rubbish!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Construction Of Concrete Ponds (pic) / 750 Per Crate Of Egg. EGG THREAD. EGG THREAD / Suppliers Needed For Export Commodities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.