Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,861 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? (25519 Views)

I Hate Tecno Camon Cm / Tecno Phones Are Not Working In USA, See Instant Solutions! / I Hate Tecno Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Iceman296: 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
I use a Samsung Galaxy 5, Incredible Phone with Lovely Features, But I noticed any thread bearing Tecno always get the Bashing of its life.

So My Question is Why do Nigerians still Stigmatize Tecno Phones with How they were initially? Why are they hated both Online and Physically? Why do people tag their Fans "Paid Agents" when they come to Talk about the Phone here.

I Plan on getting a New Phone for my Kid Sister, I'm Considering Tecno or Infinix because they've Significantly Improved and it's very Affordable in this Economy but the Bashing this Phones get Make me think otherwise.

Let's Hear your Thoughts.

lalsticlala, obinoscopy, ishilove, seun

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by pek(m): 3:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
Don't know what necessitated this opinion but I want to believe it is not right.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Cliveglobal1(m): 3:34pm On Apr 09, 2016
Well OP, That's Your Opinion. I think Tecno Phones are Good and their Recent Products are Fantastic. I don't think Nigerians Hate Tecno Products like you just Opined, Bashing here on Nairaland don't Necessarily mean it's the Entirety of Nigerians.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by MizMyColi(f): 4:22pm On Apr 09, 2016
Me, anything I like and I'm passionate about, I give it my all.

I remember when I was actively supporting Jonathan in Politics section. Some said I had sold my soul to the devil. Others said I've been PAID to do so. Worse still, some alleged that I was sleeping with major PDP folks at the time, when in reality, I haven't met any.

What's my point you might ask?

Y'see, lately, I developed a thing for this Boom J8 headset which is apparently due to my love for music.
Earlier, courtesy my good friend, I handled a Phantom 5 phone.
And then I saw for myself that Tecno is not as bad as people make it to be.

For all we know, there might be a small group of people on here who are being paid to demonise or discredit Tecno by God knows who.

I'm yet to get myself the boom J8 because my work schedule has not quite allowed me the time to visit computer village, but that not withstanding, I spend a sizeable amount of time online reading up stuff about the phone, it's headset, pros and cons.
Sometimes, I personally search for threads on the topic just to read others opinion.

Having had a feel of it once, and seeing how good it looked on those I saw it on (the headset, I mean)...I have been kinda crazy about it.

As long as I see Boom J8 discussions going on anywhere, I will contribute and praise as I deem fit. So if anyone deems it fit to accuse me of being a paid agent, that's in their pocket. cheesy
I will only stop when a better gadget catches my fancy.

Tecno as far as I'm concerned have come a long way. Personally, I am appreciative of how they rose from being a mobile phone underdog to a brand that one wants to associate with.

I'm not saying they have it all panned out, there are a few glitches here and there, but hey...who doesn't have their unique challenge?

P.S: I honestly don't know this post turned an epistle, do pardon the long read.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by winnijaf(f): 5:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
The truth remains that Tecno Phones of Old are not the same as the Latest Ones. There have been a Significant Increase in the quality of their Products.

I saw a Thread here explaining the features of their Latest Device (I think Boom J8), I was particularly impressed with the Improvement, the Hi Manager & Sleekness of the Phone. Not everyone who Raise Praises on the Phone here are Paid agents, Some are just Fans who Value the phone and feel they are under appreciated.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by OnyeAraNdiIgbo(f): 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
OP

Do not pay attention to those rumour mongers

All some people do is Hate on what they cannot have

I like Tecno ooooo
Like this post if you like Tecno too

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by jaysay(m): 6:08pm On Apr 09, 2016
Nairalanders hate without reason at times.

TECNO phones have emerged and grown, giving former Lords and competitors in the mobile space a chase. Samsung recently laid of a lot of their staff. They're not selling as much as they used to.

Gionee and the other brands are trying to be like TECNO. TECNO is a leader and pioneer of good value at good price points.

They will fight TECNO, but they won't win. Let them hate. By the way, when receiving phone calls with the BOOM J8, the voice clarity is superb---will compete with iPhone 6s and Samsung S6. I have the BOOM J8 btw and it costs me just ₦41,000. Comment if you've used the curtent TECNO phones in the market.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Nwokoji1: 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2016
OP, I'm Happy you Said they have Significantly Improved the Quality of their Products. Hence the Reason why People Talk more about their Products. The Bashing might come from some selected Few Who are hell bent on Denting the imagine of the Phones but It amount to Nothing. So go ahead and get the Phone for your sister, I Suggest a Tecno Boom J8, The Phone is awesome.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Maximum83: 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2016
I guess those people bashing them are ignorant of how far Tecno has transformed into the top selling Mobile in Africa. Take it or leave it, Tecno has grown significantly in the mobile industry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by MizMyColi(f): 6:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
jaysay:

TECNO phones have emerged and grown, giving former Lords and competitors in the mobile space a chase. Samsung recently laid of a lot of their staff. They're not selling as much as they used to.

Gionee and the other brands are trying to be like TECNO. TECNO is a leader and pioneer of good value at good price points.

They will fight TECNO, but they won't win. Let them hate. By the way, when receiving phone calls with the BOOM J8, the voice clarity is superb---will compete with iPhone 6s and Samsung S6. I have the BOOM J8 btw and it costs me just ₦41,000. Comment if you've used the curtent TECNO phones in the market.

grin grin grin
are the mogbomoyas of Boom J8 like me allowed to re-comment?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by selfdefence: 6:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
jaysay:

Boom J8 for 41k

Does Tecno have good phones with superb camera quality that is around 26k??

undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by jaysay(m): 6:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
selfdefence:

Boom J8 for 41k

Does Tecno have good phones with superb camera quality that is around 26k??

undecided

You can get one with excellent battery at about ₦26k. Search for the L5. Camera is not so superb. Better camera starts from Camon C8

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by annacheem: 6:46pm On Apr 09, 2016
Iceman296:
I use a Samsung Galaxy 5, Incredible Phone with Lovely Features, But I noticed any thread bearing Tecno always get the Bashing of its life.

So My Question is Why do Nigerians still Stigmatize Tecno Phones with How they were initially? Why are they hated both Online and Physically? Why do people tag their Fans "Paid Agents" when they come to Talk about the Phone here.

I Plan on getting a New Phone for my Kid Sister, I'm Considering Tecno or Infinix because they've Significantly Improved and it's very Affordable in this Economy but the Bashing this Phones get Make me think otherwise.

i don't totally agree with ur opinion cause a lot of pple use tecno phones hatters just like bashing the phone cause they want to discourage pple from getting it

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by TundeSalamu(m): 6:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
annacheem:
i don't totally agree with ur opinion cause a lot of pple use tecno phones hatters just like bashing the phone cause they want to discourage pple from getting it

But people don't hate on you for no reason bro.
I have never hidden my likeness for Tecno devices, but if the picture OP is painting is correct, then maybe there is sumtin they doing wrongly.

Jus saying manh

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by osenbarak: 7:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
annacheem:
I totally agree with you I know a lot of tecno fans
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Marvell23(m): 7:11pm On Apr 09, 2016
But I don't think Nigerians hate Tecno. Tecno is most loved in Nigeria here from their feature phones to Android. In fact I sell more of Tecno phones as Jumia agent than any other brands

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by kennybenjminz: 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
Nawa oo..everytime tecno dis or tecno dat..una no go leave these guys grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by ayokunlei(m): 11:31pm On Apr 09, 2016
MizMyColi:

I remember when I was actively supporting Jonathan in Politics section. Some said I had sold my soul to the devil. Others said I've been PAID to do so. Worse still, some alleged that I was sleeping with major PDP folks at the time, when in reality, I haven't met any.

Y'see, lately, I developed a thing for this Boom J8 headset which is apparently due to my love for music.

For all we know, there might be a small group of people on here who are being paid to demonise or discredit Tecno by God knows who.

I'm yet to get myself the boom J8 because my work schedule has not quite allowed me the time to visit computer village, but that not withstanding, I spend a sizeable amount of time online reading up stuff about the phone, it's headset, pros and cons.
Sometimes, I personally search for threads on the topic just to read others opinion.

Having had a feel of it once, and seeing how good it looked on those I saw it on (the headset, I mean)...I have been kinda crazy about it.

As long as I see Boom J8 discussions going on anywhere, I will contribute and praise as I deem fit. So if anyone deems it fit to accuse me of being a paid agent, that's in their pocket. cheesy

Tecno as far as I'm concerned have come a long way. Personally, I am appreciative of how they rose from being a mobile phone underdog to a brand that one wants to associate with.

I'm not saying they have it all panned out, there are a few glitches here and there, but hey...who doesn't have their unique challenge?

simply because u were trying to make a perfect explanation... You must be a good teacher

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by TohKunBoh: 7:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
They are trollers nah,who doenst know then..tho I dont use the product but I was in an event last week where I saw 3 people using a Camon c8 ...

So what's the Nairaland hate for nahI don't even think the brand should be bothered about this, they sell every day... Who cares
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Kamaye(m): 8:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
jaysay:

You can get one with excellent battery at about ₦26k. Search for the L5. Camera is not so superb. Better camera starts from Camon C8
your post highlight one of the reasons why some nairalanders hate Tecno with passion! How on earth do you expect a person with fair knowledge of smartphones buy that power bank for 26k? When the likes of Infinix Hot2 and Gionee P5W all selling below 25k? As at now, there's no Tecno phone with similar specs with those two phones I mentioned that is selling below 30k.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by morganist99(m): 10:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
MizMyColi:

boom j8 makes you Hot
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Maximum83: 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2016
Kamaye:
your post highlight one of the reasons why some nairalanders hate Tecno with passion! How on earth do you expect a person with fair knowledge of smartphones buy that power bank for 26k? When the likes of Infinix Hot2 and Gionee P5W all selling below 25k? As at now, there's no Tecno phone with similar specs with those two phones I mentioned that is selling below 30k.
reason is Tecno phones are durable than the two of them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Cliveglobal1(m): 11:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
kennybenjminz:
Nawa oo..everytime tecno dis or tecno dat..una no go leave these guys grin

Hehehe, I think the OP wants Clarifications.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Kamaye(m): 6:18am On Apr 11, 2016
Maximum83:
reason is Tecno phones are durable than the two of them.
tell that to a novice! I have used at least 5 Tecno phones and 5 Gionee phones, two infinix phones so I'm in a best position to judge for myself which one is more durable, but definitely it's not Tecno.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by IkennaBasilJR(m): 8:40am On Apr 11, 2016
Kamaye:
tell that to a novice! I have used at least 5 Tecno phones and 5 Gionee phones, two infinix phones so I'm in a best position to judge for myself which one is more durable, but definitely it's not Tecno.
Gionee is very durable

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by TundeSalamu(m): 10:39am On Apr 11, 2016
morganist99:
boom j8 makes you Hot

Bro, thought I was the only one that noticed.
Na girls sha.
Flashy and good things can make them cumm literally.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by ShiroSan: 10:46am On Apr 11, 2016
Kamaye:

Are you into Yahoo Yahoo?
How can you have used over 12 phones?

Bro, easy with the lies pls.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by addinfo77: 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
ShiroSan:

he might be a businessman....irrespective of what he does, gionee has definitely an eye opener

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by mosjames: 5:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
MizMyColi:

You don talk am finish, but haters will continue to hate.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Kamaye(m): 8:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
ShiroSan:

didn't you understand the English? I have "used" not "using". The word "used" is a past tense.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Africanman123(m): 1:06am On Apr 12, 2016
@OP it is not all Nigerians that hate TECNO products, if you are not new on NL, you should have known that Nairalanders can even bash someone for giving birth sef lol. But some just beef TECNO because they made smart phones affordable to everyone
Iceman296:

lalsticlala, obinoscopy, ishilove, seun

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Africanman123(m): 1:11am On Apr 12, 2016
Lol... Reminds me of the movie The Interview. "they hate us cos the ain't us"
mosjames:

You don talk am finish, but haters will continue to hate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pls How Can I Identify A Fast Charger To Buy? / Unboxing Pictures Of The Tecno Phonepad 3 / Has Anyone Bought The MTN 5G SIM Or Router, Please Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.