Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

A Piece Of My Heart To Batch A 2015 Corps Members Passing Out This Month - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Piece Of My Heart To Batch A 2015 Corps Members Passing Out This Month (19424 Views)

To All 2016 Batch A Stream 1 Corps Members Passing Out Today 7/4/2017. / Nairaland Congratulates All 2015/2016 Batch A Corps Members Passing Out Today / P.O.P Batch A 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Piece Of My Heart To Batch A 2015 Corps Members Passing Out This Month by ajasa4link: 8:11am On Apr 11, 2016
To those saying it will be hard to make headway because of 2.2 grade, I must tell u it's just a mind set which might not help you. I have a friend who got employed b4 me without connection with his 2.2 grade. The problem is if u sit somewhere and keep thinking about your grade, then u are doing urself great disservice.

2 Likes

Re: A Piece Of My Heart To Batch A 2015 Corps Members Passing Out This Month by Aare2050(m): 8:15am On Apr 11, 2016
Uncle Ajasa just deflected my goal

here I am on page 3. of ajasa4link advice thread, don't worry guys I'm not here to derail the thread.

first of all introduction
Aare is the name, I'm known as the Landlord of the left mansion in the Batch B'15 thread, Allsmyles is my iyalode.
KBS468 is my witness
Ademasta is my engineer
elmisti is my in format or
2el is the man/woman, person no even know.

back on the matter.
as a B'15 corps member, I think I have to steal some clues from the OP. because either I like it or not,by September I will also be saying bye bye to NYSC, and finally five my complete complete kaki to my Mum. yeah, she told me she wants to have it, I don't know why though I will ask her when the time comes.

before service, I made a lot of plans of what to do during service, I thought about starting a business or teaching in other school apart from my ppa and all other stuffs like that.
but the reality is, I wasn't posted to a city or town, I was posted to a village, this affected all my plans negatively. but still I still have option of farming as the rain starts now. so I've just planted some annual crops.

on the issue of saving during NYSC.
I must I need advice on this.
because since I start serving, money is not coming from my parents, uncles, friends or any other relative, I now depend fully on my stipends paid irregularly by NYSC. so up till now I've been able to save 800# lol. its not funny though, but I'm not sure I will be able to safe anything from this 19800 considering the state of the economy.

my plan is to become a full time farmer after service.
I think that's the only thing one can start without much capital. I don't know about others, but job hunting is going to be a pleasure hunt for me when the time comes rather than a pressure hunt.

congratulations to all A'15

Good luck to all B'15

and to all A'16 we are expecting you all o.
my mind tells me, my future wife is among you people. make una come quick.
Re: A Piece Of My Heart To Batch A 2015 Corps Members Passing Out This Month by mhizaniel(f): 8:15am On Apr 11, 2016
Thanks a bunch,congrats to all Bauchi A15 corp members.we r very good to go
Re: A Piece Of My Heart To Batch A 2015 Corps Members Passing Out This Month by kaycodes: 8:25am On Apr 11, 2016
Ramanto:
If you had 2:2, it may also be quite difficult for you to get headway for interviews. That's the nature of the job market in our economy lately.
All in all, you have been told to brace up. Don't stay home jobless, or wanting to 'relax small'... You only get one shot at life, don't waste it on sleep, so get something doing no matter how little
Bro, You Made Lots Of Sense There, But Is 2 2 Such A Bad Grade? What Would You Say About People With Grades Below That, Would You Rather They Didn't Attend School At All? Something Has To Be Done About This Considering The Fact That Just About 25% Of Graduates Had 2 1 And Above

Truth is the grade scenario is the reality on ground. This is caused by an over saturated job market, so for fresh graduands, employers want those that have proven to be outstanding during their academic pursuit. In an ideal clime with a sound educational system, this would be correct, but that's not the case with Nigeria.

However, grades can never be the reason someone succeeds or not, factors that affect us most times are; location/environment, attitude, skillset, network and experience.

So if you got a low grade from school, that's not the end believe me when I say you can live a better life than those with better grades.

The steps to take here include, re discover yourself. There must be something you're good at that you may need to harness. Study the course you studied very well, research your specific industry and know what works, if there are international certificates in that area, try getting the some(its not a guarantee, but it shows focus) some industries require practical knowledge eg engineering, don't sit at home waiting for Shell and chevron, your local mechanic can teach you so much in preparation for an engineering role.

If you're in computer science(you're even better placed), start learning to code, gain certifications, Microsoft, CompTia, etc use Google and YouTube to your advantage while learning. Fix peeps computers for free if you have hardware knowledge, or go learn how to do this at a local computer center.

Again if youre in computer science there are numerous remote opportunities out there, with the right skillset and a properly packaged CV you can get a good job.

As the OP said, It's not gonna be easy, but trust God for guidance and follow your passion irrespective of grades.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Piece Of My Heart To Batch A 2015 Corps Members Passing Out This Month by rawtouch: 8:37am On Apr 11, 2016
Fxwarrior:
[b][/b]

Op said you should not depend on promises by relatives as regards securing you a job. Labour market is competitive, build your confidence. Be persistent, optimistic and focused. You should apply to as many job openings as possible, have your Cv in both online and offline formats for forwarding should need arise. Prepare for Gmat and aptitude tests should you be called for interview.
Contact all your friends past and present for information on available jobs.
Finally be prayerful.

bless you
Re: A Piece Of My Heart To Batch A 2015 Corps Members Passing Out This Month by elmisti(m): 8:48am On Apr 11, 2016
Aare2050:

here I am on page 3. of ajasa4link advice thread, don't worry guys I'm not here to derail the thread.

Aare is the name, I'm known as the Landlord of the left mansion in the Batch B'15 thread, Allsmyles is my iyalode.
KBS468 is my witness
Ademasta is my engineer

back on the matter.
as a B'15 corps member, I think I have to steal some clues from the OP. because either I like it or not,by September I will also be saying bye bye to NYSC, and finally five my complete complete kaki to my Mum. yeah, she told me she wants to have it, I don't know why though I will ask her when the time comes.

before service, I made a lot of plans of what to do during service, I thought about starting a business or teaching in other school apart from my ppa and all other stuffs like that.
but the reality is, I wasn't posted to a city or town, I was posted to a village, this affected all my plans negatively. but still I still have option of farming as the rain starts now. so I've just planted some annual crops.

because since I start serving, money is not coming from my parents, uncles, friends or any other relative, I now depend fully on my stipends paid irregularly by NYSC. so up till now I've been able to save 800# lol. its not funny though, but I'm not sure I will be able to safe anything from this 19800 considering the state of the economy.

I think that's the only thing one can start without much capital. I don't know about others, but job hunting is going to be a pleasure hunt for me when the time comes rather than a pressure hunt.

Good luck to all B'15

Aare gbogbo left!...I tell U, dis saving tin na wahala ooo, and to make matters worse, shoprite will open arnd my PPA on thursday ( see gobe! )....I don reason poultry farming too, but tht one na after september or make I still go hide for skul in d name of Msc.....but I dey find babatawa if he go get kanoko or Ofe...I wan enter gambia.........hw d tin dey go bro??...
Re: A Piece Of My Heart To Batch A 2015 Corps Members Passing Out This Month by Aare2050(m): 8:57am On Apr 11, 2016
elmisti:

Aare gbogbo left!...I tell U, dis saving tin na wahala ooo, and to make matters worse, shoprite will open arnd my PPA on thursday ( see gobe! )....I don reason poultry farming too, but tht one na after september or make I still go hide for skul in d name of Msc.....but I dey find babatawa if he go get kanoko or Ofe...I wan enter gambia.........hw d tin dey go bro??...

Boss I feel you. shoprite alawi done finish be that.

I spend almost half of my money on transportation.
and charging of my gadgets. God help us come September.

poultry is cool bro, but the odour of those chicken dungs call kill, I can do it sha if I'm able to save like 150k at the end of the service year.

about kanako and ofe.
just get this things before next week and bring it to me, I will get you the kanako, egbe, and ofe.
1. 50l of fuel
2. 8000# for mtn 7.5gig
3. your alawee for two months
5. keribaby, and that your lawyer galfrd, I forgot her name.
6. 10 litres of palm oil and vegetable oil
7. 7 crates of eggs
and lastly 3 bottles of Mac dowell
Re: A Piece Of My Heart To Batch A 2015 Corps Members Passing Out This Month by ussy09(m): 9:43am On Apr 11, 2016
kudos to u op.
Re: A Piece Of My Heart To Batch A 2015 Corps Members Passing Out This Month by Oshotse21(m): 11:56am On Apr 11, 2016
Wow!!a word is enough for the wise.
Re: A Piece Of My Heart To Batch A 2015 Corps Members Passing Out This Month by Henkelem(m): 1:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
Tanx 4 d advice sir, may d Lord increase u. Congrat 2 we d Batch A corps members in Advance
Re: A Piece Of My Heart To Batch A 2015 Corps Members Passing Out This Month by Getikebusy(m): 4:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
men I could not stop years from rolling down me eyes

*because I was thinking how I would start contacting and smoothing relationships with bully and bullyee from secondary sch days*
Re: A Piece Of My Heart To Batch A 2015 Corps Members Passing Out This Month by EmmyDe25(m): 11:09am On Apr 15, 2016
Point 5 is major. confidence is key!
Re: A Piece Of My Heart To Batch A 2015 Corps Members Passing Out This Month by Kbs468(m): 9:39am On Apr 18, 2016
Aare2050:

KBS468 is my witness
Ademasta is my engineer

back on the matter.

Good luck to all B'15

Hmmmmmmn. Thumbs up Man and your prayers might have had the below as revealed by God himself as we hope to hear a cheering News today following the first Board meeting to be chaired by the DG kazaure

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nipr, Professional Exam/certificate In Public Relations / 2015 Nysc Batch B Pop: My Experiences, Photos As I Pass Out Of Service / Little Boy Wears NYSC Kit In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.