Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare (32589 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Goshen360(m): 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2012
Firstfruit and Lastfruit or whatever. ANY CHURCH OR MOG THAT MAKES GIVING COMPULSORY IS WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING AND AFTER MONEY IN THE MINISTRY, says the word of God. I TRUST GOD TO EXPOSE MANY FALSE TEACHERS IN THESE LAST DAYS. WATCH OUT.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by crossman9(m): 1:09am On Feb 22, 2012
it is forbidden to make money out of the gospel cry

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Trex73(m): 4:52am On Feb 22, 2012
My FATHER'S house of worship has become a den of thieves, (STEALING IN THE NAME OF THE LORD).
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by crossman9(m): 10:25pm On Feb 24, 2012
We are Commanded in the Bible not to make Money out of the Gospel
Here are all the scriptures
Matthew 10:5-20
Matthew 10:7As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.'
Matthew 10:8Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
Matthew 10:9Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belts;
Matthew 10:10take no bag for the journey, or extra tunic, or sandals or a staff; for the worker is worth his keep.
Matthew 10:11"Whatever town or village you enter, search for some worthy person there and stay at his house until you leave.
Matthew 10:12As you enter the home, give it your greeting.
(N.I.V) 1 Corinthians 9:18 What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it.
(K.J.V) 1 Corinthians 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
1 Corinthians 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
2 Corinthians 2:17 (New International Version,)
(N.I.V) 2 Corinthians 2:17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.
2 Corinthians 2:17 (King James Version)
2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.
2 Corinthians 11:6 I may indeed be untrained as a speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way. 7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge?

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
2 Peter 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
New Living Translation (©2007)
2 Peter 2:3 In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
2 Peter 2:3 And by greed and fictitious accounts they will make profit among you, these whose judgment from the first has not been idle and their destruction does not sleep.

Matthew 16:26 What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by ATMC(f): 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2012
I want to thank oluwaseun, d owner of this site, tx a lot. I bumped into this site while searching for answers on whether a christian should pay tithe nd give first fruit. I had answers already from d bible...like i discovered dt tithes nd first fruit were given to d levites by d people nd they then tithe from all d tithes brought in to d priest. This made me to wonder now who r d levites nd who r d priest in our generation, we have been made kings nd priest unto d most high rev 1v6 nd 1pet2v9. So there are no more levites nd on further research on net, i found this website, i appreciate what i learnt from davidylan nd bolu nd others. Thank u for shedding more light on dt. I taught pple to give tithe, firstfruit nd dangerous seed in my church cos i'm a teacher but dt was in ignorance now with d help of this website i know better nd won't hesitate to correct my students when next d issue is brought up. I also want to use this means to tell may kelly to apologise to d guy she told will perish...we don't know it all nd just because someone doesn't view a thing our way doesn't mean d person's wrong.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by PastorKun(m): 3:04pm On Apr 09, 2012
ATMC: I want to thank oluwaseun, d owner of this site, tx a lot. I bumped into this site while searching for answers on whether a christian should pay tithe nd give first fruit. I had answers already from d bible...like i discovered dt tithes nd first fruit were given to d levites by d people nd they then tithe from all d tithes brought in to d priest. This made me to wonder now who r d levites nd who r d priest in our generation, we have been made kings nd priest unto d most high rev 1v6 nd 1pet2v9. So there are no more levites nd on further research on net, i found this website, i appreciate what i learnt from davidylan nd bolu nd others. Thank u for shedding more light on dt. I taught pple to give tithe, firstfruit nd dangerous seed in my church cos i'm a teacher but dt was in ignorance now with d help of this website i know better nd won't hesitate to correct my students when next d issue is brought up. I also want to use this means to tell may kelly to apologise to d guy she told will perish...we don't know it all nd just because someone doesn't view a thing our way doesn't mean d person's wrong.

Nice to know that you have discovered the truth about tithes and first fruit by reading commentaries on this forum, it is also heart warming that you have resolved to teach others the truth but I must warn you that your church establishment might not find this your new found knowledge acceptable even though it is true. I suggest you prepare for a long drawn battle. You also run the risk of being excommunicated by the church as you may be seen as a threat to the church's tithe revenues.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Goshen360(m): 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2012
^^^
lol. Bros Kun, how una dey? grin grin grin
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by ATMC(f): 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2012
Prior to my research, i was asked by my pst to stop paying tithe, he practically stood me up during one of our services nd asked if there was any other person in church who wants to join me, he then went on to say dt just because he isolated me from paying tithe dt it doesn't mean i'm no more loved dt he still loved me nd d church likewise. This is with respect to what pastor kun said about my being excommunicated, dt had already happened...what led to it; it happened on our firstfruit service early this year, so we listened to a msg excerpts from our president in which he was to expatiate on first fruit, when we were done, my pst then asked if there was still anybody who's still not clear, i raised my hand to his utter dismay anyway but d truth was dt there was practically no msg on firstfruit in dt excerpt, pst dt's d president just called out some people who didn't believe they should give first fruits nd he asked them their reasons nd how long they 've been in church nd then said they 've been in church dt long nd still don't believe they should give their first fruit nd then he said don't give it, keep it to urself nd dt was all, so there was no explanation nd some people felt same way but i needed to be cleared cos my boyfriend explained to me dt i wasn't suppose to give first fruit nd i disagreed so i wanted my pst to explain it outside d old testament since we 're living in d new so i can have a basis for doing what i do nd also explain to my friend (though he my pst didn't know my reason) so i was misunderstood nd isolated nd its been so since then but dt didn't change much cos i still go to church nd all dt...but now at least i'm cleared to an extent concernin dt issue
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by PastorKun(m): 7:46am On Apr 10, 2012
^^^
Nice to hear that but since your pastor does not agree with your newly discovered knowledge on the subject matter, it is highly unlikely he would continue to allow you to teach in his church as he would not want you to 'pollute' the rest of the congregation.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by dekung(m): 8:37am On Apr 10, 2012
ATMC: Prior to my research, i was asked by my pst to stop paying tithe, he practically stood me up during one of our services nd asked if there was any other person in church who wants to join me, he then went on to say dt just because he isolated me from paying tithe dt it doesn't mean i'm no more loved dt he still loved me nd d church likewise. This is with respect to what pastor kun said about my being excommunicated, dt had already happened...what led to it; it happened on our firstfruit service early this year, so we listened to a msg excerpts from our president in which he was to expatiate on first fruit, when we were done, my pst then asked if there was still anybody who's still not clear, i raised my hand to his utter dismay anyway but d truth was dt there was practically no msg on firstfruit in dt excerpt, pst dt's d president just called out some people who didn't believe they should give first fruits nd he asked them their reasons nd how long they 've been in church nd then said they 've been in church dt long nd still don't believe they should give their first fruit nd then he said don't give it, keep it to urself nd dt was all, so there was no explanation nd some people felt same way but i needed to be cleared cos my boyfriend explained to me dt i wasn't suppose to give first fruit nd i disagreed so i wanted my pst to explain it outside d old testament since we 're living in d new so i can have a basis for doing what i do nd also explain to my friend (though he my pst didn't know my reason) so i was misunderstood nd isolated nd its been so since then but dt didn't change much cos i still go to church nd all dt...but now at least i'm cleared to an extent concernin dt issue
Please get yourself books and read. I will recommend a book 'The Beautiful Bride' by Muyiwa Oguntoyinbo. Muyiwa is a pastor in Ireland and works with citi bank. He actually did a good expose on the issues bothering on all the fraaudulent givings in our churches today.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by akpos4uall(m): 5:52pm On May 06, 2013
drumdr: Although I haven't read all the posts, and I apologize ahead of time for not doing so, I thought I'd chime in. Being a pastor in America has it challenges, and If individuals choose to ignore my comments in light of all the problems (real or imagined) that America has inflicted upon the world, I understand.

There are several issues at hand, one being the tithe, the other the offering. The bible speaks of both, and in many instances, together. (I.E. Tithes & Offerings) There are also the issues of "giving", and/or "sharing".

Historically, we must remember that in the days of Abraham, there was no national leadership, other than Abraham himself. Even under Moses, the leadership the Hebrews had known was foreign and oppressive, (Egyptians.)
When Moses set up the tabernacle, the tribe of Levi was set apart from the other 11 tribes to tend to "temple" or tabernacle duties. The Levites were the priests and also the police. When judgment came from God, it was the Levites who were responsible for executing justice, even when it called for blood. The Levites were the judges, the police, and the tabernacle servants. As a result, the tithe became the way the tribe of Levi was "paid". They did not work as other tribes did, but were relegated to temple duties, and as a result, needed to be compensated. The compensation came in as "first fruits". These actual "fruits" became the food for the Levites, and eventually the coin became the medium of exchange. The tithe then was essentially what today we call "the tax".

The tax (tithe) was to pay government employees. (I.E. the Levites) Who were responsible for the welfare, safety and security of the people. They were not the army (each tribe contributed to the national army including the Levites) but were instead the government within the new nation of Israel. They eventually became the Sanhedrin, the scribes and Pharisees.

The abuse began to take hold as what was meant to be an "offering" rendered for services, eventually became a mandate. Jesus speaks to this cold hearted form of "government" often in the New Testament. He continually chastises the Pharisees for turning their hearts away from God. What happened? Well, the story of the money-changers in the temple speaks to this corruption. Jesus says they, the elite government ruling class, had turned the house of God into a den of robbers. This elite class were descendants of the tribe of Levi.

Today, we have a different form of government. Somewhere in history, secular government has taken control away from religious organizations and replaced it with the rule of law, in some countries. This is true in America, but not the whole world. Many countries still rely on the Clergy to keep the peace. In many countries, the "holy men" are equal with Heads Of State.

In America, it is my opinion, that the tithe is no longer valid. My reasoning is simple. The church (clergy, or "Levites"wink are no longer responsible for the welfare of the people, or their security. The government handles this with police, FBI, fire departments, judges, magistrates, and courts. The people pay taxes (30%-50% of their income) to the government for these services. For the church to take an additional 10% may be considered oppressive. The church is attempting to claim ground based on spiritual principles by saying, "We are the spiritual Israel" and "We take care of your immortal souls, " This kind of talk is gibberish. Each person is responsible for his/her own salvation according the bible. If you currently pay taxes for services like "law and order", protection, national security, etc, and the church is not providing it directly, then the church is not validated to receive the tithe.

Pastors have become arrogant by demanding the tithe and put fear into people by claiming damnation if you don't pay it. This is devilish. The word of God is meant to set people free, not put them in bondage. If pastors are real pastors, they provide the services of: comforting the sick and oppressed, taking care of widows and orphans, praying for the sick and needy, encouraging the church, and being an example of humility. As people see this compassion in action, it should (hopefully) compel them to give. This heartfelt gift is what we call "offerings".

If you are the regular recipient of comfort, good advise, wisdom, prayer, and encouragement, then you should be a cheerful giver in return, for you are fortunate indeed. This regular giving on the part of an individual represents their approval and agreement with the pastor's actions and the church vision and direction. If the church starts becoming arrogant, people may decide to quit giving. And so it goes on and on,

The reason pastors start demanding and oppressing the people is because it's easier than humility. Pride is always easier than humility.

If you want to stop corruption in churches, stop giving money to oppressive churches, and start giving it to humble leaders who walk with integrity. In this, we align ourselves with the will of God, for God gives grace to the humble, but destroys the proud, and those who align themselves with such.

Thanks for a great posting

If only there was a button for a million like for this comment, I wouldn't mind clicking it a billion times. Making lots of sense.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Lem1980: 11:15am On Jan 31, 2016

Wow.. This is a big one.. May God help us at this time. I'm in church listening to my Rev talking about first fruit, I decided to read through nairaland to see people's take on this.
He only did this ONCE! To melchizedek and it came NOT from his own wealth but from the booty he captured during a raid.

So when next i go fight another people and capture their goods . . . i will pay my tithe since i'm a child of Abraham no?
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by ntigeli: 3:42pm On May 13, 2016
grin :DI want to say a Big thank u to all of u. The eyes of my understanding has been truly enlightened as I read through all the comments.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by OOLUSOGA(m): 10:11pm On Jan 19, 2018
Rebarobyn:

haba, this is exactly what we are saying, because the guy quoted a verse and is trying to make meaning out of it, you have condemned him to perish, you need to check yourself, who made you judge over men. the bible is the sword we are given by God and no man can override it by words that are not contained in the bible.

I totally agree, we Christians are brain-washed easily, we should question our leaders, what is the tithe collected used for, is all of it used in accordance to what God said (for the needy, widows and destitute)?,  the first fruit, what forms the basis for it? we should ask questions, it doesn't mean we don't have faith or we are rebellious, it only means we are guarding our souls and double-checking if we are in the right path,

you should apologize may kelly

[/b]Rebarobyn.[b]
applause for you bros. the bible is to teach and to correct if there is any error(s) found in our walking with God and for God. I think we all need to checkmate ourselves in some areas in our christian journey. Because God will look into everything we have done before He will give us a PASS MARK. I pray God will HELP of us.

Less i forget, please dont insult your fellow brothers. it is just a contribution. there should not be a word perish at all. please dont be offender by any post. it is not good enough as a believer.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by OkCornel(m): 5:09am On Jan 20, 2018
FIRST FRUITS IN JUDAISM AS GOD DESIGNED IT TO BE
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Fruits

Hebrew perspective

Main article: Bikkurim (First-fruits)

In Ancient Israel, First Fruits was a type of offering that was akin to, but distinct from, terumah gedolah. While terumah gedolah was an agricultural tithe, the First-fruits, discussed in the Bikkurim tractate of the Talmud, were a sacrificial gift brought up to the altar (Bikkurim 3:12). The major obligation to bring First Fruits (henceforth: Bikkurim) to the Temple began at the festival of Shavuot and continued until the festival of Sukkot (Bikkurim 1:6). This tithe was limited to the traditional seven agricultural products (wheat, barley, grapes in the form of wine, figs, pomegranates, olives in the form of oil, and dates) grown in Israel. This tithe, and the associated festival of Shavuot, is legislated by the Torah. Textual critics speculate that these regulations were imposed long after the offerings and festival had developed.

By the time of classical antiquity, extensive regulations regarding Bikkurim were recorded in the classical rabbinical literature. According to Jewish law, the corners of fields, wild areas, left-overs after harvesting (gleanings), and unowned crops were not subjected to (and could not be used as) the tithe of First Fruits (they were intended to be left as charity for the poor, and other mendicants); plants from outside Israel were also prohibited from inclusion in the tithe, as was anything belonging to non-Jews.[ The rules also specify that each type of product had to be individually tithed, even if the numbers were balanced so that there was no difference in amount between this situation and using just some types of First Fruit as the tithe, and retaining others in their entirety. Fruit which was allocated to the tithe could not be swapped for fruit which wasn't, to the extent that wine couldn't be swapped for vinegar, and olive oil couldn't be replaced by olives; furthermore, fruits were not allowed to be individually divided if only part went to the tithe (small whole pomegranates had to be used rather than sections from a large pomegranate, for example).

The separation of tithed produce from untithed produce was also subject to regulation. The individual(s) separating one from the other had to be ritually clean, and had to include the best produce in the tithe if a kohen (priest) lived nearby. During the act of separation, the produce was not permitted to be counted out to determine which fell under the tithe, nor to be weighed for that purpose, nor to be measured for the same reason, but instead the proportion that was to become the tithe had to be guessed at. In certain situations, such as when tithed produce became mixed with non-tithed produce (or there was uncertainty as to whether it had), the tithed produce had to be destroyed.Anyone who made mistakes in the separation of tithed produce, and anyone who consumed any of the tithe, was required to pay compensation as a guilt offering.

The pilgrims that brought the Bikkurim to the Temple were obligated to recite a declaration, also known as the Avowal, set forth in Deuteronomy 26:3-10 (cf. Mishnah, Bikkurim 3:6). Native-born Israelites and proselytes would bring the Bikkurim and would say the Avowal, but women who brought the Bikkurim were not permitted to say the Avowal, since they were unable to claim inheritance in the Land bequeathed unto the tribes by their male lineage.[a] This Avowal was incorporated into a beautiful and grand festive celebration with a procession of pilgrims marching up to Jerusalem and then the Temple with gold, silver or willow baskets to which live birds were tied. (Bikkurim 3:3,5 and cool. The pilgrims were led by flutists to the city of Jerusalem where they were greeted by dignitaries (Bikkurim 3:3). The procession would then resume with the flutist in lead until the Temple Mount where the Levites would break out in song (Bikkurim 3:4). The birds were given as sacrificial offerings and the declaration would be made before a priest while the basket was still on the pilgrim's shoulder (Bikkurim 3:5-6). After the basket was presented to the priest, it was placed by the Altar and the pilgrim would bow and leave (Bikkurim 3:6).

I'M STILL WONDERING HOW FIRST FRUITS HAS TRANSFORMED INTO FIRST WAGES & SALARIES WITHOUT ANY CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS FROM GOD IN THE SCRIPTURES TO THE CONTRARY!

Give unto God and man, but please beware of false teachers twisting the truth (facts) on ground with a little error or lies to suit their selfish interests

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by OkCornel(m): 5:14am On Jan 20, 2018
The picture below is dedicated to our diligent Pastorpreneurs who are working hard round the clock to twist a straightforward truth...

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Rebarobyn: 12:43pm On Jan 20, 2018
OOLUSOGA:

[/b]Rebarobyn.[b]
applause for you bros. the bible is to teach and to correct if there is any error(s) found in our walking with God and for God. I think we all need to checkmate ourselves in some areas in our christian journey. Because God will look into everything we have done before He will give us a PASS MARK. I pray God will HELP of us.

Less i forget, please dont insult your fellow brothers. it is just a contribution. there should not be a word perish at all. please dont be offender by any post. it is not good enough as a believer.

Na wa for Seun Osewa and crew.. una no go allow sleeping dogs lie...see somebody summoning me from my sleep to come and answer for a post I made 9 years ago.. I don't even remember posting this...see how people's past hunt them grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman ‘Considering’ Standing As Omoyele Sowore’s Surety / WOMEN, The Major Problem Of Churches In Terms Of Dressing / Prof. Fola Aboaba Dies Days To His 90th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.