Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

My Journey To Oguta, Imo State. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Oguta, Imo State. (1167 Views)

My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / Oguta Lake: Two Angry Rivers Flow Without Ever Coming Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey To Oguta, Imo State. by ademoladeji(m): 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2016
I've NEVER seen a village in any part of the country with this level of development.

...Very proud to be a Nigerian.

Stay back for full details.
Re: My Journey To Oguta, Imo State. by ademoladeji(m): 9:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
It all started on the 9th day of April, 2016 at the Muritala Mohammed Airport GAT, Ikeja where I boarded AIRPEACE airline to the Sam Mbakwe Airport, Owerri.

************Backpass*************
A structural design was done for a client (Name withheld) and the first floor slab (decking) was ready to be cast and the services of the design Engineers were needed to vet what was done in order to either approve or disapprove. So, I had to fly to Imo State. Oguta to be precise. Though, not my first time in the East but my first in Imo State.

At the airport, I met with the Lead Architect on the project. We discussed the necessities with respect to the purpose of visit and some other things both relevant and irrelevant to the course of our movement.

The check-in was done then we were being moved to the point of entry into the cabin. Chai! E don tey wey I enter plane (the last time being 2014).

The Air hostesses did their dramatisation with the safety paparazzi and the likes demonstrating the safety procedures... * As if if something hapun, the life jacket fit give pesin hin life back *. Don't mind me ooooo, it's very necessary tho.

We did all that were asked of us and we pilots piloted us off the ground while I had to say my last prayers. "Father Lord, if this is the last trip I'm gonna make, please, let my death be a painless one, forgive me my all my sins, great and small, the
first and the last, those that are apparent and those
that are hidden". Also, I had to pray for mercy journey when I remembered I still have my mother who is a widow.

-life is so complicated.

TBC

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Oguta, Imo State. by tman14(m): 10:13am On Apr 10, 2016
Continue tory na
Re: My Journey To Oguta, Imo State. by NwaTeacher1: 11:59am On Apr 10, 2016
Beware of 419
Re: My Journey To Oguta, Imo State. by ademoladeji(m): 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
NwaTeacher1:
Beware of 419
Cmon! These are very nice set of people...
Maybe in this part of the state tho but every seconds spent was very interesting
Re: My Journey To Oguta, Imo State. by ademoladeji(m): 4:14pm On Apr 10, 2016
tman14:
Continue tory na
Amu na bia.... Lol
I'm very tayad but will definitely do that
Re: My Journey To Oguta, Imo State. by ademoladeji(m): 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
Finally, the plane took off with our seat belt fastened after the pilots had turned on the seat belt light. Then, we ascended past the beautiful cloud to the cruise level.

The Chief flight Attendant made another announcement:
“Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain has turned off the Fasten Seat Belt sign, and you may now move around the cabin. However we always recommend to keep your seat belt fastened while you’re seated. In a few moments, the flight attendants will be passing around the cabin to offer you hot or cold drinks, as well as a snack. Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight. Thank you.”

After the merry merry was done, I went blanked only to be woken up by the impact of landing and I was like- Is this really an airport?

Anyway, I said my prayers again as well as glorifying God Almighty for the safe flight made. I reached for my bag kept in the overhead bin and made for the exit after waited for few minutes to allow the long queue to subside.

I met with the Architect at arrival lounge waiting for his baggage. We collected it and went outside to meet Emeka, his Driver, to take us to OGUTA.

Oguta is like 45mins drive away from the airport. Fuel queues, traffic officers, female Okada riders, hawkers, beautiful flowers/trees, edifices, exotic cars and many beautiful things were all I saw till we got to OGUTA

Re: My Journey To Oguta, Imo State. by ademoladeji(m): 12:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
cc

Re: My Journey To Oguta, Imo State. by siempere(m): 11:03am On Mar 08, 2020
Wetin happen, ya battery die??

(1) (Reply)

Cambodia Visa Enquiry / What is the Shortest Route To Eko Hotel From Lekki Phase 1 / My WIFE Is A Serial Liar, She Abandoned Me, Ran Away To Canada-husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.