Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,843 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:07 AM

New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) (9058 Views)

The 10 Best Nigerian Albums Of 2015 / Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 / Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by whiteboy(m): 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2006
Alright man!
Here's mine: irvin2u@yahoo.com. I hope to hear from you soon.

Peace!
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by samsick: 10:03pm On Nov 23, 2006
Hey whiteboy received an email 4rm ALLHIPHOP.COM late this evening saying The Game's Doctor Advocate is leading in Albums sales with 380,000 sales in it's first week and Akon's Convict is in second place.What do u think.
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by whiteboy(m): 8:26am On Nov 24, 2006
Hey Samsick,
For the Game, thats what I thought and I guess everyone knew he'll top the charts. For Akon, man I just can't believe it! but I still can not wait till Pac's album drops on the 28th. Well, thats just the way it is.

The game is smokin' but I dig Pac better than any other. No matter what!

Holla back
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by samsick: 9:17am On Nov 24, 2006
I feel u whiteboy,i dig pac than anyother rapper and 28th is just around the corner the world would be amazed by the way pac is goin 2 make mad sales.pac 4 ever.
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by whiteboy(m): 5:17pm On Nov 24, 2006
Yeah man!
Pac 4 ever
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by mrmetoo(m): 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2006
pac's album is out already. Predicted first week sales from first day sales

Jay -Z - 850K (I'm actually shocked, its going to be the biggest debut this yr)
Snoop - 270K range
Tupac - 160 -170K
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by Oracle(m): 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2006
Thatz not a bad record anyway
I've heard the track Pac's life featuring Ashanti and i think itz a cool song
2pac's rhymes is still as hot as ever

Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by Uche2nna(m): 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2006
I love all 2pacs songs but my tops includes
Until the end of time
Shed so many tears
Smile for me
Me against the World
Against all Odds , I could go on and on. To me HE is the GOLD STANDARD in RAP.Others r trying to measure up!
On Jigga's album I was,is never a Jigga fan and this his thy Kingdom done come tells me that I will never be his fan.What a wacky album! Thy album come by Rugged beats Thy kingdom come by far!
Dr Dre is still showing that he is the best producer in the industry going by the songs I have been hearing from The Doctors advocate Album.You can hear Dre's beat scattered all over the album.Da Game surely scored on this one!

Please can some one tell me wat is the relationship bw Aftermath and Shady records this days. It is obvious that there is no love lost bw Fiddy and Game.how is this affecting relkationship bw Dre and Eminem.Cos it seems to me that Dre tilted 2wards Da Game while Eminem is sticking with Fiddy.
By the way I heard a collabo from Em and Fiddy titled I dont care,,,,,wat do u make of that song undecided
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by mrmetoo(m): 10:47pm On Nov 25, 2006
Dre did not actually work with The Game on this new album AT ALL!!! It was filled with other big name producers. They just did it that way so that no one would take credit for Doctor's Advocate (not Dre, not fiddy). It still came out great tho'. As for Jigga, I guess his name still sells records because not a lot of ppl like the album but its selling better than hot cakes. He has some cool songs on there too. I heard Uncle Snoopy's too was good.
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by Uche2nna(m): 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2006
Oh is dat rite undecided But most of the songs I have been hearing from the Album seems to have Dr Dre G funk sound all over it.
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by mrmetoo(m): 10:51pm On Nov 25, 2006
yeah I'm sure they tried to make it sound as much as a Dre produced album.
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by Uche2nna(m): 10:53pm On Nov 25, 2006
Ok. So do you know how the atmosphere is like bw Dre / Em/Fiddy/ and Game these days.Any major rift undecided
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by mrmetoo(m): 1:24am On Nov 26, 2006
Well Em is still cool with fiddy & Dre. Dre is working with fiddy on his new album. The game claims he's still cool Dre and that they didn't work together because they wanted him to do this on his own. Game still hollas Em's name from time so I guess they're cool. The most complicated one is Game & Fiddy, today they say they want to squash the beef tomorrow they're going at it again. But in Game's new album he claims their beef is nothing serious like pac & big and that they're just eating off rap and this whole beef ish.
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by 4Play(m): 1:34am On Nov 26, 2006
The new Game-The Doctor's Advocate- is the greatest rip off I ever came across.The man wants to sound like Dre by all means.He has no originality.

I prefered LLoyd Banks album,he is the best lyricist in the biz at the moment,but u sense he can't step out Fiddy's shadows
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by Uche2nna(m): 2:20am On Nov 26, 2006
Even tho i agree it has much of Dre in the album (little wonder that i thot it was produced by him) I still think that the album is a smash,,, at least going by some of the songs I have heard.However i still think that the Documentary is still one of his best with that smash song Dreams.If he comes up with any thing that surpasses that album then he will be truly on his way to greatness!
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by Uche2nna(m): 2:22am On Nov 26, 2006
I do not feel llyods banks flow.He is good no doubt but I dont think he gat that intrinsic wordplay which any true rapper has.
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by mrmetoo(m): 9:29am On Nov 26, 2006
@ 4 play
If you've not really heard the album don't comment. How can u say its a rip off? I'm sure u r one of those g-unit fans, so no matter what Game comes out with you would always bash it. Don't turn music into politics. Listen to the album again and appreciate it. He has MANY MANY songs on there that is not even Dre or anyone's style. Lloyd Banks best lyricist? He's not even among best 20 at the moment. If he was that good he would been able to climb out of fiddy's butt just look at Game.
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by 4Play(m): 10:52am On Nov 26, 2006
@mr me too
I listened to the album way b4 most people did and I actually bought the CD.The productions borrow a lot from Dr Dre's style and sometimes Game raps and sounds like Dre-check out California vacation.Anybody who has listened to the album knows that.

The problem with most people is that they do not listen to the lyrics of rap songs.If it has a good beat and chorus,that is enough so that lyricists like Nas and Banks don't get the credit they deserve whereas people like Jay-z who can't rap get a lot of kudos for nothing.Banks is to me the best lyricist in the game,his punchlines are exceptional.You should to the BANKS album-The Big Withdraw.The one that leaked on the net last year .
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by whiteboy(m): 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2006
Mr. me too,
Where did u get your infos from? Man! thats wrong. Pac's album was supposed to hit stores on the 21st but it was postponed to 28th and by the way, The game's Doctor's advocate is on top now and above every other album with 380K of sales.

I got this info from rap about.com

Holla back!
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by whiteboy(m): 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2006
My PAC fans, Holla back!
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by whiteboy(m): 5:45pm On Nov 26, 2006
Yeah 4play,
I've heard 'The big withdraw' and I luv tracks there like 'bank robber' and 'uncertain about life'. Banks is cool and I dig his two albums. Talking about 'Hunger for more' Thats like a classic but peeps just don't recognise.

Holla!
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by Uche2nna(m): 9:22pm On Nov 26, 2006
Well I think I ma gonna check out his (lloyd banks) album to see if i am feeling it. But as of now he does not rank anywhere near the top 20 of the lyricist list.Maybe in Gunit where u got guys like youngbuck and tony yayo he maybe held in high esteem but once he steps out of that shore he is not an y where near the best. However i will check out his new album to see if i have a change of mind
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by Uche2nna(m): 9:28pm On Nov 26, 2006
@ 4play Any good rap album should be musically and commercially succesful! So you need the beats and the lyrics,,one without the other will be detrimental. 2pac was well known for his beats and lyrics so as well as Biggie.Em ,Fiddy and of late ,Game all had the beats and the lyrics.Mara of fact if beats were not im portant then guys like Dr Dre,Neptunes and timbaland will all be out of biziness.So in any music you have to find a harmony between the beats and the lyrics. Having said that tho,I am not a fan of JayZ.Even his beats sucks (unless if it is some remix) his lyrical power is even worse.
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by mrmetoo(m): 9:33pm On Nov 26, 2006
@whiteboy

Source: http://hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news06423m01

Don't worry I don't post what I'm not sure of. All you have to do is google the album. I don't know if you know any store that gets albums on time in naija but u could check that out also. Pac's life came out on 21st with Snoop & Jay.
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by whiteboy(m): 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2006
Alright man!
I'll check ur link out to see if for sure the album is out.
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by whiteboy(m): 1:57pm On Nov 28, 2006
Sure man!
You are right but some other sites still state that PAC'S album will be officially released on the 28th. Anyway, thats just it! I hope to get hold of that album very soon.
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by whiteboy(m): 8:52am On Nov 30, 2006
Holla one time when I say so! Pac's album is out and smokin'. I hope to get hold of it soon.

Peace y'all
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by whiteboy(m): 9:22am On Dec 02, 2006
Hey y'all,
I'll be leaving for a while but pls try and keep my thread active in between time. Peace y'all!

One luv!
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by samsick: 11:50am On Dec 02, 2006
Hey whiteboy i will ya take care of ur self aiight.have a swell time.I promise to keep ur thread active while u re away.
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by whiteboy(m): 9:02am On Dec 07, 2006
Hey guys,
Thanks Samsick, i'm back now and I hope y'all will keep posting. Let me hera form you!

Holla
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by samsick: 9:40am On Dec 07, 2006
Welcome back,Welcome back,Welcome back!Hey whiteboy you are welcome back how re u getting on?
Re: New Albums Of Nov/06: 2pac(pac's Life) Vs Jay Z(kingdom Come) by samsick: 10:15am On Dec 07, 2006
Hey Whiteboy!Have u heard Nas's Hip Hop Is Dead?The song is off the wall.I like it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MP3: Kranium – Can’t Believe Ft. Wizkid & Ty Dolla $ign / A Special Love Song To A Special Loved One On Valentine's Day / Patoranking – 'Heal D World' (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.