Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,095 members, 7,807,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Fmcg Distributorship - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fmcg Distributorship (9084 Views)

Dangote Cement Distributorship Allocation For Sale / Distributors Of FMCG Are Needed / From BUDDING To MEGA F.M.C.G DISTRIBUTORSHIP Status (Upcountry Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fmcg Distributorship by Belexy95: 9:53pm On Apr 09, 2016
Hello great nairalanders, i wish to be a distributor to any company that's into FMCG, especially one with a known trademark, with start up capital of #2M. Am based in port harcourt. Useful suggestions/ contacts are welcome. Thanks!
Re: Fmcg Distributorship by steve10(m): 10:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
with #2m you can only be a whole seller of a unilever key distributor , as wholesaler of unilever
KD, unilever will pay you 40k if you are able to make
purchase of #1m in a month plus the profit you will make from sales of the goods. Then you can add other company product like P&G

2 Likes

Re: Fmcg Distributorship by Belexy95: 11:20am On Apr 10, 2016
steve10:
with #2m you can only be a whole seller of a unilever key distributor , as wholesaler of unilever
KD, unilever will pay you 40k if you are able to make
purchase of #1m in a month plus the profit you will make from sales of the goods. Then you can add other company product like P&G
Wow!! This is quite insightful. Thanks @steve. Pls, more suggestions are welcomed to enable me weigh the options. Thanks
Re: Fmcg Distributorship by Belexy95: 8:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
Please more responses will be highly appreciated.
Re: Fmcg Distributorship by ourchoice(m): 10:22pm On Apr 10, 2016
Belexy95:
Please more responses will be highly appreciated.
With that amount, you can also be a sub of PZ Cussons products....visit a nearby PZ Cussons plant...if u are in Lagos...try to visit their Ilupeju or Isolo factory.
Re: Fmcg Distributorship by Karin001(f): 10:35pm On Apr 10, 2016
OP, UNILEVER is a good company to deal with. just like P & G, Nestle, cadbury, chi, etc. However, two things I may bring to the fore here is the fact that these companies have a whole lot of distributors in Port Harcourt thus making the sales of their products quite competitive. It is all well and good but my humble opinion is that you shouldn't deal with only goods that are from these big names. There are very many new companies in the country now with great products seeking expression in the market place, if you try out your hands on these products then you may have a better launch pad while negotiating for an exclusive control of the market in Port Harcourt

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fmcg Distributorship by Belexy95: 11:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
ourchoice:
With that amount, you can also be a sub of PZ Cussons products....visit a nearby PZ Cussons plant...if u are in Lagos...try to visit their Ilupeju or Isolo factory.
Thanks greatly for the info, i ll check out for their website to get their phc address.
Re: Fmcg Distributorship by Belexy95: 11:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
Karin001:
OP, UNILEVER is a good company to deal with. just like P & G, Nestle, cadbury, chi, etc. However, two things I may bring to the fore here is the fact that these companies have a whole lot of distributors in Port Harcourt thus making the sales of their products quite competitive. It is all well and good but my humble opinion is that you shouldn't deal with only goods that are from these big names. There are very many new companies in the country now with great products seeking expression in the market place, if you try out your hands on these products then you may have a better launch pad while negotiating for an exclusive control of the market in Port Harcourt
Thanks too, please if you dont mind giving the names of a few of these companies with varieties of products like these known brands? Once again, thanks!

1 Like

Re: Fmcg Distributorship by Karin001(f): 12:47am On Apr 11, 2016
Well, I actually wasn't planning on a detailed write-up but I will just make some suggestions.

You need to visit Aba markets(especially Cemetery and Ariaria markets) and just from close observation you can find out what really moves within the market. I did this several years ago when I was just starting out in my business. You will be amazed at the discovery. When you know how profitable certain products are and more so when they are coming from a smaller or newer company you will be tempted to infuse the entire 2 million Naira into that business. I have also visited the trade-fair complex in Lagos and the Onitsha main market and observed very closely what matters. I daresay that one the best products that I am selling now is from a medium sized company located in the outskirts of Lagos and believe me the demand where I am now is super. They are not a very recognizable brand(as of yet)but I get what I want. As a matter of fact, I saw the product being offloaded in Aba and the struggle for it right as it was touching the ground was amazing. This was about three years ago and on questioning the distributor I bought some samples and ever since then there has been no regrets. On the issue of mentioning the names of the product, I don't think that will be very fair.

There is this joy that comes with discovering the product your self.

I must non the less add that I only sell foods and snacks that do not exceed the 50.00 price range.

That I think is enough clue.

3 Likes

Re: Fmcg Distributorship by ourchoice(m): 8:00am On Apr 11, 2016
Belexy95:
Thanks greatly for the info, i ll check out for their website to get their phc address.
You are welcome
Re: Fmcg Distributorship by Belexy95: 10:50am On Apr 11, 2016
Karin001:
Well, I actually wasn't planning on a detailed write-up but I will just make some suggestions.

You need to visit Aba markets(especially Cemetery and Ariaria markets) and just from close observation you can find out what really moves within the market. I did this several years ago when I was just starting out in my business. You will be amazed at the discovery. When you know how profitable certain products are and more so when they are coming from a smaller or newer company you will be tempted to infuse the entire 2 million Naira into that business. I have also visited the trade-fair complex in Lagos and the Onitsha main market and observed very closely what matters. I daresay that one the best products that I am selling now is from a medium sized company located in the outskirts of Lagos and believe me the demand where I am now is super. They are not a very recognizable brand(as of yet)but I get what I want. As a matter of fact, I saw the product being offloaded in Aba and the struggle for it right as it was touching the ground was amazing. This was about three years ago and on questioning the distributor I bought some samples and ever since then there has been no regrets. On the issue of mentioning the names of the product, I don't think that will be very fair.

There is this joy that comes with discovering the product your self.

I must non the less add that I only sell foods and snacks that do not exceed the 50.00 price range.

That I think is enough clue.
Can we talk offline? If its ok, i can drop my contact.
Re: Fmcg Distributorship by Belexy95: 8:39pm On Apr 13, 2016
Pls, any one has an info about biscuits manufacturing companies. As am considering large scale purchase. Thanks!
Re: Fmcg Distributorship by ultrazone(m): 9:35am On May 16, 2016
Fmcg business
Re: Fmcg Distributorship by Onyeara: 1:05pm On Nov 11, 2018
@kariooo1
I saw u write up on fgmc distribution in Lagos
Could u pls hint me on the profitable product to distribute.
Cheers

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Carrot Soap & Exfoliating & Lightening Soap In Nigeria? / FG To Ban Packaged Sugar Importation In January / What Is The Minimum Initial Deposit To Open An Savings Account With Gtbank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.