Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? (18193 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Okworigeorge(m): 6:24am On Apr 10, 2016
For the record... I'm not that much of a church goer, I see it vile for a lady to spend so much energy and time on her hair but still can't showcase it.
1 corinthians 11 outline the importance of women covering their hair but considering the fact that wigs are artificial, is it proper to say wigs can also serve as scarfs?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Cutehector(m): 6:25am On Apr 10, 2016
Soon they will soon start to ask, why wear cloth goin to church.. wasn't Adam and eve naked?

Pulls cloth and walks unclad to church...

Fashion cool

68 Likes

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by jamex93(m): 6:28am On Apr 10, 2016
Make I just waka pass dey go church jeje

3 Likes

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Okworigeorge(m): 6:36am On Apr 10, 2016
jamex93:
Make I just waka pass dey go church jeje
na u d open gate for ur church?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Tolexander: 6:41am On Apr 10, 2016
All these long hairs, wig, attachments are just a way of covering a woman's head, hence no need for a scarf or any clothing material for covering.

1cor 11

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Tallesty1(m): 7:06am On Apr 10, 2016
Religionists like chasing after wind. Man made laws have outnumbered God's law and they're ruining us.

People copy other people's traditions and force it on Christians and they accept it willingly like zombies.

Take forinstance the issue of a woman covering her head, the writer (apostle Paul) was addressing an issue related to the Corinthian culture that was being allowed to disrupt the church but today, the churches in Nigeria have adopted it without questioning.

In Corinth, a woman with a shaved head is a disgrace and, in Jewish thinking, a sign of mourning. That was why Paul told them to always keep their hair.

But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering" 1 Corinthians 11:15. If God has given her a covering then why cover God's covering? Not good enough?

The real issue for us is the heart attitude of obedience to God's authority and submission to His established order “as to the LORD” not head covering with scarf or hat.

Who Scarf Don Help To Enter Heaven?

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Histrings08(m): 7:22am On Apr 10, 2016
I see sense in ur question @op ...Maybe that's why some churches don't make it compulsory to tie scarf or beret

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Okworigeorge(m): 7:23am On Apr 10, 2016
Tolexander:
All these long hairs, wig, attachments are just a way of covering a woman's head, hence no need for a scarf or any clothing material for covering.

1cor 11
my thought exactly
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Okworigeorge(m): 9:08am On Apr 10, 2016
Cutehector:
Soon they will soon start to ask, why wear cloth goin to church.. wasn't Adam and eve naked?

Pulls cloth and walks unclad to church...

Fashion cool
OYO
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by mosho2good: 9:10am On Apr 10, 2016
TO AVOID PLAN CRASH
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by platido(m): 9:11am On Apr 10, 2016
soon she wl post it on facebok...via new rock and @OP wl soon compare her and yemi alade...#ahnotalkanytin ooo.
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by lrdval: 9:11am On Apr 10, 2016
Religion diff.... undecided. Silly question
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by PrettySleek(f): 9:12am On Apr 10, 2016
Lol good question! Funny enough am actually guilty of this.
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Sijo01(f): 9:12am On Apr 10, 2016
Ah don't scarf my hair embarassed
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Iamlordgee(m): 9:12am On Apr 10, 2016
What Nonsense
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by shamecurls(m): 9:13am On Apr 10, 2016
Lobatan!

I guess it because of the cerebularscycoism within the hemisphere of suidochromatidophia
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Generalkorex(m): 9:13am On Apr 10, 2016
Ok
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Horlawale1(m): 9:13am On Apr 10, 2016
If u ask me..........
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by canalily(m): 9:13am On Apr 10, 2016
The hair is still artificious and needs that true proof of coverage.

1 Like

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by dayojags10(m): 9:15am On Apr 10, 2016
Old testament sef get as e be
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by dsylvo(m): 9:15am On Apr 10, 2016
If u ask me an who I go ask?[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by BlackFlocka(m): 9:17am On Apr 10, 2016
It is proper to say boxers serve as trousers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by HaneefahRN(f): 9:17am On Apr 10, 2016
I find it weird too, why do they cover their hair with scarfs or handkerchief when going to church or about to pray, when they'll throw it off the next minute?

3 Likes

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by drizzytee: 9:18am On Apr 10, 2016
Proly cos They don't want people falling under the "anointing".
Some wigs haven't been washed in months and smell more than a dead hooker's azz.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by BlackFlocka(m): 9:18am On Apr 10, 2016
Tolexander:

1cor 11
see bs talk

1 Like

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by tooman: 9:20am On Apr 10, 2016
ehen
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by encryptjay(m): 9:20am On Apr 10, 2016
Yawns
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 10, 2016
Imagine being in church and the fan is blowing the strands of hair in the wig/attachment of the Lady sitting beside you in your face.

That ish can be so annoying. Pack your hair in a scarf biko.

6 Likes

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by histemple: 9:21am On Apr 10, 2016
shamecurls:
Lobatan!

I guess it because of the cerebularscycoism within the hemisphere of suidochromatidophia

Bros pity us small now. I will ask obahiagbon for the meaning of your sentence.

1 Like

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Akposkool(m): 9:24am On Apr 10, 2016
Are you saying because of scarf ladies shouldn't wear wig? Tell me why do men wear singlet before wearing a shirt when they can just wear a shirt and move on.

1 Like

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Afrok(m): 9:27am On Apr 10, 2016
It's nothing new... people will always turn the words in the bible to suit them undecided.

1 Like

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by INTERMAN: 9:27am On Apr 10, 2016
why asking since u dint Go to Church?. God does not want ladies to add anything artificial to what God has already finalized or finishes. You don't need a wig to your natural hair. It will only hinder you from making heaven. You don't need make-ups, ear rings and so on. With the way this world is going, very soon people may start wearing artificial skin to cover their skin. God does not like it. Learn from the animals. That is why, these people, I mean the deeper life sisters will stand against all ladies on the day of judgement. If they can, why didnt you?

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Dr. D.k. Olukoya / Man Sues Chris Okotie For Owing Him 14 Years Salary / France’s Iconic Notre-dame Cathedral Fire Fully Extinguished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.