Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? (18194 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by shamecurls(m): 9:29am On Apr 10, 2016
histemple:

Bros pity us small now. I will ask obahiagbon for the meaning of your sentence.

No shout oo

Na packaging

Those words don't exist.
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by onoslove(f): 9:30am On Apr 10, 2016
This has been a very controversial issue in the body of Christ. It has been debated here and there why women should have their hair covered. To your question, I will rather cover my hair to church, than wishing had I known later. After all I spend just 2hrs 30mins in church out of the 24hrs given to me by God. By the way, this is not a very difficult instruction to obey na.

6 Likes

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by lollmaolol(m): 9:39am On Apr 10, 2016
Okworigeorge:
na u d open gate for ur church?

I know some churches start 1st service @ 5:40a.m

So this is no surprise if she leaves for church at 6:30am
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by tintingz(m): 9:49am On Apr 10, 2016
1 Corinthians 11:13-15New International Version (NIV)

13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.

Mary covered her hair, the bible didn't said women should pray with thier hair uncovered instead it says their hair is meant to be covered.
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by akike: 9:51am On Apr 10, 2016
Okworigeorge:
For the record... I'm not that much of a church goer, I see it vile for a lady to spend so much energy and time on her hair but still can't showcase it.
1 corinthians 11 outline the importance of women covering their hair but considering the fact that wigs are artificial, is it proper to say wigs can also serve as scarfs?

Wig gives an illusion of hair. Some people's hair are exactly like that...so what are you saying?
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by kaylivin(m): 9:53am On Apr 10, 2016
Tallesty1:
The real issue here is the heart attitude of obedience to God's authority and submission to His established order “as to the LORD” not head covering with scarf or hat.
. The order was clear ,, a woman shud cover her hair to honour her husband .. Her hair is covered what else shud she do ... R u you trying to say the law was to make sure she doesn't appear beautiful ? .. This is the problem with the idea of always wanting to open a book to read out laws .. Jehova only wants a relationship with our hearts not with writen laws .. I can find a way around every law written .... Love ur GOD and ur neibough that's the only law .. If u can not prove to me how covering of the hair affects the love for God and my neibough then I don't belive its a sin ...( Fornication and the use of blood are the additions I accept that he frowns at and only him knows perfectly why ) if its about submision to order a woman has submited to order when she puts on a wig ..
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Tallesty1(m): 10:04am On Apr 10, 2016
kaylivin:
. The order was clear ,, a woman shud cover her hair to honour her husband
Nope! A woman should cover her head not hair ..
kaylivin:
.Her hair is covered what else shud she do ...
Her hair serves as a cover for her head.

But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering" 1 Corinthians 11:15.

kaylivin:
. R u you trying to say the law was to make sure she doesn't appear beautiful?
I don't know where you got that from. All I am saying is that Christians should learn to discern between the law of God and law of land...
kaylivin:
.This is the problem with the idea of always wanting to open a book to read out laws .. Jehova only wants a relationship with our hearts not with writen laws .. I can find a way around every law written .... Love ur GOD and ur neibough that's the only law .. If u can not prove to me how covering of the hair affects the love for God and my neibough then I don't belive its a sin ...( Fornication and the use of blood are the additions I accept that he frowns at and only him knows perfectly why ) if its about submision to order a woman has submited to order when she puts on a wig ..
Exactly.
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by marlvis(f): 10:14am On Apr 10, 2016
INTERMAN:
why asking since u dint Go to Church?. God does not want ladies to add anything artificial to what God has already finalized or finishes. You don't need a wig to your natural hair. It will only hinder you from making heaven. You don't need make-ups, ear rings and so on. With the way this world is going, very soon people may start wearing artificial skin to cover their skin. God does not like it. Learn from the animals. That is why, these people, I mean the deeper life sisters will stand against all ladies on the day of judgement. If they can, why didnt you?
I don't agree with ya myopic view on this..because, God does not judge by physical appearance but the inner you which is ya heart and it is really ya heart that matters ,ya intents and motive b4 any actions is what really matters and that is wat God will judge .and that is why Jesus said that" any man who looks at a women and lust after her in his heart has already committed Adultery with her" so live what you preach ...

lubbish
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Emac(m): 10:17am On Apr 10, 2016
My dear to save you the stress of this pile ignorance. .the scarf is totally different from the wig . We as human have a natural hair..of which this hair some times can't go form into all varieties of hair attractions or attention due to fashion or other personal feat. Thus a wig serves as an artificial hair do and not a scarf or head cover, you don't carry a wig around deliberately rather u have it on your head for a fashion statement. . Let's look at this this way : U can always sleep with your scarf or carry it around all day , that u can't really always do same for your wig. And mind u the wig is another artificial hair that covers the hair ..so when the bible talked about covering the hair ,it never meant with an artificial hair... just give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God..stay blessed.
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by missjahiniekpe(f): 10:17am On Apr 10, 2016
INTERMAN:
why asking since u dint Go to Church?. God does not want ladies to add anything artificial to what God has already finalized or finishes. You don't need a wig to your natural hair. It will only hinder you from making heaven. You don't need make-ups, ear rings and so on. With the way this world is going, very soon people may start wearing artificial skin to cover their skin. God does not like it. Learn from the animals. That is why, these people, I mean the deeper life sisters will stand against all ladies on the day of judgement. If they can, why didnt you?

Stop spreading rumour. Scarf has nothing to do with heaven.... Its ur unbelieve that will make you miss heaven, not Scarf.

1 Like

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by cbjonstage(m): 10:19am On Apr 10, 2016
Okworigeorge:
For the record... I'm not that much of a church goer, I see it vile for a lady to spend so much energy and time on her hair but still can't showcase it.
1 corinthians 11 outline the importance of women covering their hair but considering the fact that wigs are artificial, is it proper to say wigs can also serve as scarfs?

Why disturbing other pple's peace of mind? if its a problm 2 u, deal with it and dont impose certain lifestyle(headache) to other pple
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by missjahiniekpe(f): 10:20am On Apr 10, 2016
Emac:
My dear to save you the stress of this pile ignorance. .the scarf is totally different from the wig . We as human have a natural hair..of which this hair some times can't go form into all varieties of hair attractions or attention due to fashion or other personal feat. Thus a wig serves as an artificial hair do and not a scarf or head cover, you don't carry a wig around deliberately rather u have it on your head for a fashion statement. . Let's look at this this way : U can always sleep with your scarf or carry it around all day , that u can't really always do same for your wig. And mind u the wig is another artificial hair that covers the hair ..so when the bible talked about covering the hair ,it never meant with an artificial hair... just give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God..stay blessed.

Haha haha, so the bible mentioned Scarf not wig... Remember do not err.
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by gretblue: 10:24am On Apr 10, 2016
Okworigeorge:
na u d open gate for ur church?
Nairalander with bad mouth.I hail Una.
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Okworigeorge(m): 10:27am On Apr 10, 2016
cbjonstage:

Why disturbing other pple's peace of mind? if its a problm 2 u, deal with it and dont impose certain lifestyle(headache) to other pple
Bros na question I ask o
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Okworigeorge(m): 10:31am On Apr 10, 2016
missjahiniekpe:

Haha haha, so the bible mentioned Scarf not wig... Remember do not err.
No be same thing both dey do? "cover ur head/hair"

1 Like

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Okworigeorge(m): 10:33am On Apr 10, 2016
tintingz:

13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15 but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.

Mary covered her hair, the bible didn't said women should pray with thier hair uncovered instead it says their hair is meant to be covered.
isn't that also the work of wigs? To cover the hair
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by druxy(m): 10:37am On Apr 10, 2016
Tallesty1:
Religionists like chasing after wind. Man made laws have outnumbered God's law and they're ruining us.

People copy other people's traditions and force it on Christians and they accept it willingly like zombies.

Take forinstance the issue of a woman covering her head, the writer (apostle Paul) was addressing an issue related to the Corinthian culture that was being allowed to disrupt the church but today, the churches in Nigeria have adopted it without questioning.

In Corinth, a woman with a shaved head is a disgrace and, in Jewish thinking, a sign of mourning. That was why Paul told them to always keep their hair.

But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering" 1 Corinthians 11:15. If God has given her a covering then why cover God's covering? Not good enough?

The real issue for us is the heart attitude of obedience to God's authority and submission to His established order “as to the LORD” not head covering with scarf or hat.

Who Scarf Don Help To Enter Heaven?
you don reach heaven before
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by marlvis(f): 10:38am On Apr 10, 2016
Emac:
weitin this one dey talk ...another big lubbish
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 10, 2016
Tallesty1:
Religionists like chasing after wind. Man made laws have outnumbered God's law and they're ruining us.

People copy other people's traditions and force it on Christians and they accept it willingly like zombies.

Take forinstance the issue of a woman covering her head, the writer (apostle Paul) was addressing an issue related to the Corinthian culture that was being allowed to disrupt the church but today, the churches in Nigeria have adopted it without questioning.

In Corinth, a woman with a shaved head is a disgrace and, in Jewish thinking, a sign of mourning. That was why Paul told them to always keep their hair.

But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering" 1 Corinthians 11:15. If God has given her a covering then why cover God's covering? Not good enough?

The real issue for us is the heart attitude of obedience to God's authority and submission to His established order “as to the LORD” not head covering with scarf or hat.

Who Scarf Don Help To Enter Heaven?

Can u flashare some of ur sense to me, abeg....

just negodu pure reasonin.
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by nadalion: 10:48am On Apr 10, 2016
Certain principles where made due to influence certain actions have on others now my question is, WHAT DOES COVERING/NOT COVERING YOUR HAIR Take FROM YOU? IF you find yourself (for whatsoever reason) in a congregation that demands u uncover/cover ur hair please do so or go to hell, @OP don't raise issues that won't raise you.
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Oshotse21(m): 10:50am On Apr 10, 2016
Wig or no wig,ladies pls always put on a scarf b4 entering the church..the church is not a fashion ground.their is time 4 every thing!
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Rajosh(m): 11:20am On Apr 10, 2016
the primary purpose for wig is fashion while the primary purpose for scarf is to cover the hair. The Bible says to cover the hair. Use your discretion.

Someone above me was busy praising one church. The judgement day will be full of surprises. Breeze go blow, Fowl Nyash go open.
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 10, 2016
NIV:I Corinthians 11:6
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by ILEGHIT: 11:38am On Apr 10, 2016
ABEG JESUS SHUD COME
ALL CHURCHES ARE LEADING US TO HELL FIRE
IF I'M LYING DELETE NAIRALAND

WEARING WWIG TO CHURCH,NO WEARING OF PANT TO CHURCH,NO BRA,NO BIBLE,PINGING IN CHURCH,PASTOR KEEPS DUPING PPL IN CHURCH,CHURCH MEMEBERS NACKING DEMSELVES
ABEGI
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Leysco(m): 11:45am On Apr 10, 2016
The bible does not in anywhere talks about COVERING OF HAIR, BUT COVERING OF HEAD. HEAD is different from HAIR. It also says that long hair can serve as covering to the head. The important thing is for every woman to appear modest and decent before God, and not use flashy hair to distract others in church.

1 Like

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by bukatyne(f): 12:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
tintingz:

And why don't you quote verse 16 of that chapter?

Mary covered her hair, Saul covered his hair; Moses wore skirts....

What's your point?
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Bpfems(m): 1:00pm On Apr 10, 2016
LET HIM THAT HAS HEARS LISTEN TO WHAT THE SPIRIT IS SAYING: 1Cor 11:15

This is one of those we consider not weighty before God, but matters in His presence. If what you have on your head as a Lady is not your natural hair, be it to Church or in public; you are playing with HELL FIRE.

As a believer; what God expect from a Woman/Lady is their Natural hair in which you are FREE to open in Church or covered in public.

Take a Bold Step now & BURN off all forms of attachments in your possession.

The Letter Killeth, but the Spirit Giveth Life.

1 Like

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Obaf16(f): 2:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
INTERMAN:
Bros where did u c all dis,in ur bible or your pastor told u? And who told u deeper life sister's r all holy?
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 10, 2016

Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
Bible be contradicting itself since 0B.C
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by tosynmich(m): 3:08pm On Apr 10, 2016
Don't forget verse 13 of that chapter and Gal5.21.kjv Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Who knows maybe covering with artificial hair or wig is among the such like. Everyone of us knows the truth but to do it is our problem. Let's remember that there is no second chance, we are in the race already and I pray we finish well. Amen.
Re: Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig? by sky2000: 3:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
The question really makes a lot of sense I agree with you. What matters is the lesson that you have learnt in church. Why bother with someones hair or wig.
Histrings08:
I see sense in ur question @op ...Maybe that's why some churches don't make it compulsory to tie scarf or beret

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Dr. D.k. Olukoya / Man Sues Chris Okotie For Owing Him 14 Years Salary / France’s Iconic Notre-dame Cathedral Fire Fully Extinguished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.