Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,740 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? (32486 Views)

Ngige: Lagos-Calabar Rail Was A Big Omission / The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter / Ogundamasi Blast BenBruce,Tinubu:U're Asleep When Calabar-Lagos Rail Was Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 10, 2016
It is very pathetic and annoying that we have senators from Niger Delta and they allowed this injustice to be done to our region by thier Saraki loving senators.

We all know that almost all the senators from Niger Delta are PDP and are those who voted Saraki to be Senate president.

Yet this same senators could not fight for thier people to ensure a rail dat will benefit thier region is retained. They were asleep in the senate when Kano Senators ensured Lagos Kano rail is retained.

I weep for my senators and house of rep members. They are disgrace. They dont represent our people. They represent themselves. I am ashame of them.

You will be suprise many of them were not aware it was removed. Our Niger Delta Senators were busy flexing in Abuja, while nothern senators were busy working 4 thier people. Where was Senator Ben Bruce the twitter Senator? He needs to tweet about this.

See more

Buhari To Return 2016 Budget To NASS Over Missing Projects

*Lagos-Calabar N60 billion coastal railway removed
*Idu-Kaduna rail line cut by N8.7 billion
*Major federal roads slashed
*Polio eradication, essential drugs for HIV/AIDS expunged
*Agric/water resources re-allocated to constituency projects

https://www.nairaland.com/3039807/buhari-return-2016-budget-nass#44566185

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by AngryNigerian(m): 9:33am On Apr 10, 2016
Do not be oo!!! They are better than us by far!!! They r far far smarter than the rest of us...

So...wait, so people de wen de still hope on these men

Trust no-one oooooooooooo!!! They are all out for the mawney!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by HopeAtHand: 9:39am On Apr 10, 2016
They are all PDP senators. They wanted the Lagos-Calabar rail project out so that they can discredit Amaechi by saying he overlooked the Niger Delta. Their plan is to paint APC as a party that hates Niger Delta.

Their hate for Amaechi will kill all of them.

357 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 10, 2016
HopeAtHand:
They are all PDP senators. They wanted the Lagos-Calabar rail project out so that they can discredit Amaechi by saying he overlooked the Niger Delta. Their plan is to paint APC as a party that hates Niger Delta.

That is another way to look at it.

But i doubt that.

i just believe they didnt care

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by ogba20: 9:55am On Apr 10, 2016
tuale4u:

But i doubt that.

my brother the north owns this country and yet the 70% of our budget is being finance with the resources from the region(Niger delta).shame

16 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by HopeAtHand: 9:56am On Apr 10, 2016
tuale4u:

But i doubt that.

A few days to the last re-run election in Rivers, Amaechi came on air in PH and talked briefly about the Lagos-Calabar rail project and its benefits for the NDelta region. How it was going to commence shortly and create employment. He talked with glee how APC-led FG planned to employ about 500,000 NDelta youths through that alone.

We know that almost all NDelta Senators and HoR members are PDP, and they arent happy that another party is planning to achieve what they couldn't, so they omitted it so as to blame APC in future.

I know how politcs is played in NDelta, even when detrimental to collective good. This my post isnt far from the truth.

285 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Sunnymatey(m): 10:04am On Apr 10, 2016
I think we shuld start innitiating the process of recalling them since they are docile and incompetent.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by denko(m): 10:05am On Apr 10, 2016
Buhari should not divert Nigeria attention from his mess with this sentiments when did he started caring about 5%.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by bigerboy200: 10:08am On Apr 10, 2016
They went to CCT with Saraki...

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by bettercreature(m): 10:12am On Apr 10, 2016
They don't want Ameachi to get any allocation

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by denko(m): 10:17am On Apr 10, 2016
The so called Item was never in the budget, how can you remove what is not in the budget. APC followers are really Zombies

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Kyase(m): 10:18am On Apr 10, 2016
denko:
Buhari should not divert Nigeria attention from his mess with this sentiments when did he started caring about 5%.
See this one undecided

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by denko(m): 10:22am On Apr 10, 2016
Yes because i have the budget the so called item is not in the budget i am not a zombie and can never be, u gat that nigga
Kyase:

See this one undecided

4 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Kyase(m): 10:26am On Apr 10, 2016
denko:
Yes because i have the budget the so called item is not in the budget i am not a zombie and can never be, u gat that nigga
No because you didn't make sense, or na English dey hard you?

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by denko(m): 10:32am On Apr 10, 2016
Yes, which language do u understand poo
Kyase:

No because you didn't make sense, or na English dey hard you?

2 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by akike: 10:34am On Apr 10, 2016
They were sleeping grin. The northern senators drugged their refreshments. tongue

Tomorrow, they and their mor.nics supporters will blame the North again!

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by alizma: 10:37am On Apr 10, 2016
something their brother couldn't do for them. now an Hausa man want to do it for them but they choose to remove it so that in 2019 they will say he has not done anything for them and as such, he shouldn't be voted again.
Now Nigeria has a President. we now see reason why baba insisted that he must see details of the budget before he sign it.
enemies of Nigeria progress done enter trouble as long as baba is in charge.

160 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by bettercreature(m): 10:39am On Apr 10, 2016
alizma:
something their brother couldn't do for them. now an Hausa man want to do it for them but they choose to remove it so that in 2019 they will say he has not done anything for them and as such, he shouldn't be voted again.
Now Nigeria has a President. we now see reason why baba insisted that he won't sign the budget until he sees the details.
enemies of Nigerian progress done enter trouble as long as baba is in charge.
It all boil down to the hatred for Ameachi

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by mobaking: 10:41am On Apr 10, 2016
They were busy tweeting.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by denko(m): 10:42am On Apr 10, 2016
Very lazy folks that is what you guys are, check the budget if the item is in it. THE SO CALLED ITEM IS NEVER IN 2016 BUDGET, it all propaganda
bettercreature:
It all boil down to the hatred for Ameachi

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by DIVINE78: 10:42am On Apr 10, 2016
@ OP "Where were"
Good kweshion though. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by neyop85(m): 10:43am On Apr 10, 2016
[quote author=HopeAtHand post=44571103

I know how politcs is played in NDelta, even when detrimental to collective good. This my post isnt far from the truth.[/quote]

100% true.

27 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 10, 2016
denko:
The so called Item was never in the budget, how can you remove what is not in the budget. APC followers are really Zombies

How did yhu know it wasn't there in the first place? Are yhu part of the team that came up with the budget

If yhu re not, better keep mute.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by kayusely: 10:49am On Apr 10, 2016
Its a shame they found it difficult to defend projects of immense benefits to their people but endorsed constituency projects that would benefit only them and their cronies. A big shame!

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by sparrowkid: 10:50am On Apr 10, 2016
One day I was watching an interview granted by Alli Ndume. He was saying that after looking critically at the budget capital expenditure, they found out that South West would benefit more than other regions. He was even defending his region and promised to ensure that his region also get substantial votes from the capital projects. Do you still wonder why the northerners have good roads than their southerner counterparts.

I know the purpose of this is pure politics. The national assembly members from that region intentionally want to ensure that nothing good come from the APC to protect their seats. They have fed their people with the stories of how APC hated them and how Buhari did not want anything good to happen to them because they didn't vote for him. Imagine if this project were to commence and to the benefit of the region, some reasonable people will begin to ask questions they are not prepared to answer. It's pathetic how we allow politics, religion, ethnicity and tribalism to blind us from the realities. All I know is that the truth would prevail at the end.

144 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by andersonbaba(f): 10:54am On Apr 10, 2016
HopeAtHand:

I absolutely agree with you. That is why I have been telling my SW/SS brothers that their problem is not APC bt their leaders who are always after their pockets. It Niger Deltans could have a good leader with the huge amount af revenue they receive from federal govt, they will be competing with lagos state.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 10, 2016
HopeAtHand:

A few days to the last re-run election in Rivers, Amaechi came on air in PH and talked briefly about the Lagos-Calabar rail project and its benefits for the NDelta region. How it was going to commence shortly and create employment. He talked with glee how APC-led FG planned to employ about 500,000 NDelta youths through that alone.

We know that almost all NDelta Senators and HoR members are PDP, and they arent happy that another party is planning to achieve what they couldn't, so they omitted it so as to blame APC in future.

I know how politcs is played in NDelta, even when detrimental to collective good. This my post isnt far from the truth.

u could be right. But that will be too myopic of our Niger Delta PDP senators.

They should just add all d items they removed. That will only change d budget to 6.14 trillion instead of the current 6.06 trillion. To me, it makes no difference. If we can fund 6.06 trillion we can fund 6.14 trillion. Afterall they are both 6.1 trillion to 1 decimal place.

denko:

It is possible it was missing in d most recent version sent to senate. But be that as it may, if Senators from Niger Delta were serious they would have spotted it in d new version they are working on thatsuch a huge project 4 Niger Delta has been omitted.
They never really cared.They were busy flexing.
they did not cross check anything or bother to look at what is important to thier region.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by modath(f): 11:00am On Apr 10, 2016
denko:

Do you hate a party so much that you'd quickly embrace retrogression as long as they can't take glory for your "progress"?

Sucks to be you!! undecided undecided

PS.... They increased "constituency projects" funds!! Try to find excuses for that as well..

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by lawydewy(m): 11:04am On Apr 10, 2016
The first budget PMB presented actually have the project in it,
before they claimed it was stolen.
Saraki supporters are playing politics with the executive
with respect of their people.
Anything can happen in Nigeria.......

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Achuwa1(m): 11:04am On Apr 10, 2016
How can Nigerians believe a story like diss.
a story Apc govt put up to create confusion among southerners.
Amaechi & pmb or got dis planned out to cause kios.
it was never in tht budget,just like the Niger delta maritim univ,2nd Niger bridge & calabar-lagos rail.
this is mere apc propaganda as usual & i can see u guys falling for it already.believe tht @ ur own peril.
mind u,tht budget is a trap for buharis impeachment & he sensed but still hasn't figured it out & thts y the senate didn't want to release the details for him b4 giving him to sign.
the drama u are seeing abt the budget is saraki's case.tht os one weapon saraki is also using to play on apc since they don't want to let him off their hook.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 10, 2016
modath:

Do you hate a party so much that you'd quickly embrace retrogression as long as they can't take glory for your "progress"?

Sucks to be you!! undecided undecided

PS.... They increased "constituency projects" funds!! Try to find excuses for that as well..

some people are just insane. ignore him

15 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 10, 2016
Achuwa1:
How can Nigerians believe a story like diss.
a story Apc govt put up to create confusion among southerners.
Amaechi & pmb or got dis planned out to cause kios.
it was never in tht budget,just like the Niger delta maritim univ,2nd Niger bridge & calabar-lagos rail.
this is mere apc propaganda as usual & i can see u guys falling for it already.believe tht @ ur own peril.
mind u,tht budget is a trap for buharis impeachment & he sensed but still hasn't figured it out & thts y the senate didn't want to release the details for him b4 giving him to sign.
the drama u are seeing abt the budget is saraki's case.tht os one weapon saraki is also using to play on apc since they don't want to let him off their hook.

Ok. Put it in d budget now. If they can sniff in other tins that was not in d original budget, what stop our senstors from putting dis important rail project.

please u are not making sense.

50 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ibrahim Idris Accused Of Looting And Sexual Relationship With Subordinates / Lady Cherry Igbinedion Celebrates Her 65th Birthday In London (Photos) / APC Has No Ideology, Was Hurriedly Formed To Snatch Power From PDP - Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.