Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? (8550 Views)

Playing With This Lady Bobbies All In The Name Of Autograph (photos) / "5 Benefits Of Having A Friend With Benefits" / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by Efani(m): 6:10pm On Nov 12, 2006
Wassup everyone,

I met this white girl at where we work and liked her and in turn she felt the same way. One thing led to another and we ended up dating, come to find out she is 29 years old with two kids (MILF). I don't have any strong feelings for her but i know I have nothing to offer to her.

We have absolutely nothing in common which she agrees and thinks its best if we remained friends with benefits which i'm all for cool except i don't know if its such a good idea and if it'll end up backfiring on both of us since we work together.
i need some well meant advice
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by bluenubian(f): 10:19pm On Nov 12, 2006
OMG shocked shocked, this is on the road to disaster for the mere fact that u guy work together, evry guy at some point crave an older woman, why? i dont know!, but i think its some kind of satisfaction they derive from it. so its ok if u do date an older woman, but it usually end up being jus a fling, so it wouldnt be right to date one that u work with!
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by candylips(m): 1:13am On Nov 13, 2006
you are playing with serious fire. Even Fire Fighters wil not be able to quench it if you no take your time
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by Efani(m): 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2006
how??
we're jus friends that kiss thats all
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by nilla(f): 1:54am On Nov 14, 2006
"friends with benefit" thats not really a good idea I think undecided
How much do you really like her?
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by candylips(m): 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2006
you cant eat your cake and have it. If you kiss her then you guys are getting too close
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by Odeku(m): 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2006
Efani Take a note from your highness, its all good, but if you know how to put the mandingo down and make her shave like she is having a seizure, and she likes your company. That is a disaster waiting to happen, man we think with out dick and ladies after having sex with you are emotionally attached. we can be messing with a lady for a long time with no serious intentions, but ladies don't look at it that way. eventually she will tell you she hates you and pa-lava go explode, my best word for you is stay friends and don't even go there with her, pay for a hooker before you mess with her. save yourself the agony in the end.
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by obaf(m): 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2006
As far as am concern,you are safe.the only thing,you two should know what you are going in to,friendship or dating.if you guys knows you are friends with benefit,it can work pretty fine.i'd experience it before and she doesn't bother her self whenever she sees me with any other girl,cos' our relationship is not pronouced.Just know what you want from the whole thing,the only problem is that you work together,it's either she's of advantage or disadvantage,but do u wanna risk it.
but if she's a nice person,you can enjoy yourself to the end.just be good
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by IBEXY(m): 6:33pm On Nov 14, 2006
To the Person who started this thread,

Have all the fun you can but ,

NEVER COMMIT TO ANY BUSINESS YOU CANNOT ESCAPE FROM IN 5 MINUTES FLAT !!!

, if I may quote from Robert Deniro

Shine ya eye.
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by mochafella(m): 7:31pm On Nov 14, 2006
err, as long as she doesn't "catch feelings" you are fine. She's older, has been around the block, probably knows the deal better but then she's a woman. If emotions do get involved, work will become hell. Hope you guys are not in the same department at work?
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by BlackMamba(m): 11:01pm On Nov 14, 2006
Women possess a dormant jealous gene that can easily trigger to full blown hatred. Beware, especially since she is your co-worker.
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by Oracle(m): 12:29am On Nov 15, 2006
Well, Efani i don't really know but she really won't feel good and if she decides to get you, she will because you both work together.
You just have to be careful now
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by nilla(f): 12:35am On Nov 15, 2006
from most of the comments above already. its obvious your playing with fire tongue
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by ima1(f): 12:43am On Nov 15, 2006
ohhh thats a bad idea, sleeping with someone you work with is a really stupid thing to do, because when you guys start arguing and you bring it to the workplace trust me it can create a huge mess. that is why jobs create the no dating in the workplace rule. i have seen this happen first hand, there was this guy i was working with and he was dating almost every girl that was hired, this girls became friends and seeing the guy dump them for one of their friends created this huge fight which was sad, friendships were broken and it totally sucked, i was draged to the middle of the fight and forced to choose between friends just because of this guy, ohh i had to take myself out of the equation because i no get time for girl fight.

anyway you should end it immediately before it creates a huge mess and you end up being fired from your job
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by kkutecolo(f): 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2006
thats pretty tight, she's got two kids and 29yrs old. Efani, u nvr mentioned ur own age so i wudnt knw if u are older or not but i got it that u got no strong feelings 4 her. sure enuf, u will find a girl u av strong feelings for and then dump dis whity. so where do u leave her if dat happens? beware cos its faster to break a girl's heart dan to mend it. u guys should break up b4 dat happens and be friends so there wont be ill feelings. this white woman might think deeper of the relationship dan u do and probably thinks sum tin is gonna come out of it. y dont u just tell her, she should understand and u guys can call it quit b4 much damage is done.

well, its up to you. oh i 4got, wat benefits are involved?

personally, i dont think dating sum1 u work it is bad. if its got true basis and mutual true feelings, its allrite.
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by roflmao: 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2006
Yeeeeeeeeeah!!! I see all the females are getting emotional, lmao. grin grin grin

Listen playboy you tha luckiest man on earth: getting MATURED kitten with no string attached is EVERY man's dream. Any man who ain't cool with that is either a girl or homo. Look dawg, smash that kitten for as long both ya'll up for it. Most important thing is you both know you ain't a couple and ya'll got nuthing in common so it's strictly 'business': Bonin'

I must say though I wouldn't do it for too long cos it's inevitable to end up having feelings for someone after getting together for some time. So my advice: Get that kitten dawg but close up your emotions and do no more than 5 times!

Word up!
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by twinstaiye(m): 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2006
Efani, na you dey live for obodo oyibo, and you know which is which over there, as for me, I dont see anything wrong in that provided you are not cheating her. I mean as long as your friendship is benefiting both of you, so much that you are not the one that is taking much of the benefit to her detriment, I beg, go on soun! Na my own take be that sha!
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by candylips(m): 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2006
rof-lmao:

Yeeeeeeeeeah!!! I see all the females are getting emotional, lmao. grin grin grin

Listen playboy you tha luckiest man on earth: getting MATURED kitten with no string attached is EVERY man's dream. Any man who ain't cool with that is either a girl or homo. Look dawg, smash that kitten for as long both ya'll up for it. Most important thing is you both know you ain't a couple and ya'll got nuthing in common so it's strictly 'business': Bonin'

I must say though I wouldn't do it for too long because it's inevitable to end up having feelings for someone after getting together for some time. So my advice: Get that kitten dawg but close up your emotions and do no more than 5 times!

Word up!

shocked
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by babadee(m): 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2006
dude, tho its every guys fantasy to sleep with an older woman but definetly not a co-worker, thin line btw love n hate!
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by osegwu(m): 5:40pm On Nov 15, 2006
I don't understand what this is all about.
If someone don't date the babe he is working with
who do he date then? Why waste time going out
when you have them right there beside you? My friend Enjoy
her why it last. It is better you get hurt trying than forever
regret your not trying at all. Fire? where is it coming from?
Leave her and jump to the next available babe until you finish the
quota of white babes in the company where you work.
I wish you the best in your chosen endeavor and remember
you can always pass unto me that which you have already consumed after all
there is love in sharing.

Still me
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by CrazyMan(m): 5:59pm On Nov 15, 2006
@Efani
You said you and the lady are just friends.
i'll advise you to remain friends as you said don't and don't involve yourself sexually with her.
it's no crime having a friend.
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by kachii(m): 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2006
it is not advisable dating a colleague in the office. it will affect work performance especially if she is your surbordinate.You wont be able to correct her or talk the right appraisal of her performance.Same too for u if she is the superior
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by Amobi1(m): 2:39am On Nov 16, 2006
i loooove friend with benefit i have a lot of them!!!!!!! don't listen to nairalanders its good!!!
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by osegwu(m): 3:41pm On Nov 16, 2006
What is the essence of having a female friend if not for sex?
You prepare pudding cos you want to eat it so also is woman.
you make friend with one, two or three depending on how
strong you are, in other to chop them. My friend, my lovely advice is
for you to enjoy her while she last last and don't even think of
consequence, there won't be any.

still me
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by sjaybanks(m): 6:10pm On Nov 16, 2006
datin someone in d same workplace is jst not advisable, especially wid a woman hu hs kids.
but if u re filin adventurous, njoy urself, let d woman kno there re no strings attached. kapish. smiley
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by waffistyle(m): 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2006
as far as i am concerned there is nothing there,, it al depends on you Efani,,
rule 1
never tell her i love you grin.
rule2
tell her from the beginning you have a girl-friend you really love
rule 3
just have it a maximum of 3 times, spaced 1week, at first instance, then 2weeks, then STOP!,
RULE 4
be a different person at work and out of work, be staught headed in the office,

guy no be today,!!!just stick to the rules
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by choco4life(m): 1:26am On Nov 17, 2006
men watch ya bac,
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by lioness(f): 9:40am On Nov 17, 2006
yea,,,,,, ur playing with fire alright.
and guess what cool its gonna burn ya ass too grin
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by naija4life(f): 10:07am On Nov 17, 2006
Y'all know wat? its a bleeping free world and he has da damn right to do wateva he pleases, Bleep da world!
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by Mystique(f): 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2006
How d'u mean: "friends with benefits" undecided undecided
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by osegwu(m): 2:15pm On Nov 17, 2006
I just envy you this golden opportunity. Just don't throw
it away, not for the world. There are people looking for
this this kind of opportunity

Still me
Re: Friends With Benefits: Am I Playing With Fire? by New(m): 3:23pm On Nov 17, 2006
Efani,

have fun, use protection and don't fall in love. Believe me, opportunities like this don't come around very often.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See This Indecent Photo This Lady Uploaded On Facebook / Ladies And Guys Rate My Handsomeness On A Scale Of 100 / Guys,let's Be Very Careful O.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.