Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? (3361 Views)

Gays Throw Excrement At Xtians And Wipe Their Anuses With Pages Of The Bible / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by PollMaster: 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2009
I have never met an aetheist or watever they are called in real life Nigeria but they are plenty plenty on nairaland pages hw come
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by Tudor6(f): 6:07pm On Aug 01, 2009
You expect us to open churches, start a marching band or what?

The truth is that atheists are seen as taboo in nigeria. . . .some of my family members don't even speak to me anymore because i told them am an atheist. . .if they had their way i'd be killed and thrown into the lagoon.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by spikedcylinder: 6:10pm On Aug 01, 2009
PollMaster:

I have never met an aetheist or watever they are called in real life Nigeria but they are plenty plenty on nairaland pages hw come

Two things:

1. You need to get out more.
2. You need to actually listen when people air their views on religion and don't automatically assume everybody you meet is a "christian".
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by Tudor6(f): 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2009
In my high school days i get heavily punished when i question the existence of god. . . .i was even suspended once ostensibly coz i missed assembly but obviously coz i had stated god is fake.
In UNI i'd be expelled if i just mentioned atheism and i dared not try it! You'd be labelled a cultist.

I've gotten arrested by police coz i had a bumper sticker saying "The fool says in his heart: there is god"
The policemen looked shocked and summarily labelled me a ritualist. . . .i had to spend 3hrs in a friggn' station until i paid bribes.

In developed countries i should have made a lotta money from lawsuits.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by mantraa: 6:24pm On Aug 01, 2009
Maybe there are way too many people in nigeria who take the teachings of the bible too literally to reason with.

This is what the god of the 'good' book says should be done to non believers in him.

"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but KILL him.  Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you.  You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery.  And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst".  (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

This is not something to be proud of.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by spikedcylinder: 6:26pm On Aug 01, 2009
Tudór:

In my high school days i get heavily punished when i question the existence of god. . . .i was even suspended once ostensibly coz i missed assembly but obviously coz i had stated god is fake.
In UNI i'd be expelled if i mentioned atheism and i dared not try it! You'd be labelled a cultist.

I've gotten arrested by police coz i had a bumper sticker saying "The fool says in his heart: there's no god"
The policemen looked shocked and summarily labelled me a ritualist. . . .i had to spend 3hrs in a friggn' station until i paid bribes.

In developed countries i should have made a lotta money from lawsuits.

Aha! Imagine what'll happen to me if they still burned witches? cheesy
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by Tudor6(f): 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Aha! Imagine what'll happen to me if they still burned witches? cheesy
Be careful how you discuss your belief in public. . .you'd be suprised the way tyre and petrol surface for lynching even in the period of fuel scarcity. . .grin

1 Like

Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by manmustwac(m): 7:23pm On Aug 01, 2009
I do try to express my views about religion whenever am in Nigeria but i have to camoflage what am saying and use tact in order to offend the religious fundamentalists
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by PollMaster: 7:28pm On Aug 01, 2009
paste ur contact details for all to see stop saying it behind computer screen
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by spikedcylinder: 7:46pm On Aug 01, 2009
So that fanatics can come and use my family members for asun? No thanks!
Even if this were a dating site, why would I post my details?
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by Tudor6(f): 7:47pm On Aug 01, 2009
PollMaster:

So fundamentalists like you can come blow me up right?

Years ago when i was on leave from nairaland due to my first ban. I registered with some xtian and muslim fundamentalist blogs. . .twice actually my system was hacked and my IP traced. The next week i received a packaged koran from a forum member right on my doorstep! The second time my laptop was hacked and all i could see was friggn' arabic all over my screen!

Due to these folks like you, i had to start re-routing and cloaking my i.p. Since ISP providers in nigeria are one of the most lax security-wise in addition to a cousin of mine working as a technician in one of them. With the right bug and some little help from my cousin they are my perfect host/shield.
I can confidently go to any site, call allah or god whatever name i like and feel perfectly safe!
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by banom(m): 7:51pm On Aug 01, 2009
PollMaster:

Sorry, are you looking for some body to cut his head for allah or you want to comply with (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by PollMaster: 7:59pm On Aug 01, 2009
Okay iv heard all excuses and they are based on fear of real life situations but not fear of computer screen
Class dismissed
return to the romance or politics sections as approriate.
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by spikedcylinder: 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2009
PollMaster:

Okay iv heard all excuses and they are based on fear of real life situations but not fear of computer screen
Class dismissed
return to the romance or politics sections as approriate.

I don't see you posting your own contact details for being a christian, mulim or jew. Why should I do it?
All these hypocrites sha. undecided
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 01, 2009
all these false claims, pretended "outrage" . . . the reason you dont see many atheists on the streets is because they are afraid to state their claims boldly. To say atheism is a taboo in nigeria is FALSE. Tai Solarin was a famous atheist and he was well respected till he died, he even ran a private school, was principal of MayFlower Ikenne and has another polytechnic named after him. So cut that crap about being "arrested" for being an atheist.
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by PollMaster: 8:04pm On Aug 01, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I don't see you posting your own contact details for being a christian, mulim or jew. Why should I do it?
All these hypocrites sha. undecided

you are needed in Sexuality section
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by spikedcylinder: 8:06pm On Aug 01, 2009
Each person's experience is different. Tai Solarin must have experienced a fair deal of "hate crimes" as well but he stuck to his religious claims not withstanding. Me not publicising my religios beliefs is same as you who won't dare to to state your famed islamic opinions in front of a jihadist igwemmadu. cheesy
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by spikedcylinder: 8:07pm On Aug 01, 2009
PollMaster:

you are needed in Sexuality section

Oh. Pardon me, I thought this was a meaningful debate? You want to get dirty?
I know how o. smiley
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 01, 2009
Tudór:

So fundamentalists like you can come blow me up right?

Years ago when i was on leave from nairaland due to my first ban. I registered with some xtian and muslim fundamentalist blogs. . .twice actually my system was hacked and my IP traced. The next week i received a packaged koran from a forum member right on my doorstep! The second time my laptop was hacked and all i could see was friggn' arabic all over my screen!

Due to these folks like you, i had to start re-routing and cloaking my i.p. Since ISP providers in nigeria are one of the most lax security-wise in addition to a cousin of mine working as a technician in one of them. With the right bug and some little help from my cousin they are my perfect host/shield.
I can confidently go to any site, call allah or god whatever name i like and feel perfectly safe!

this is one more example of the fraudulent nature of these spineless folks who call themselves atheists. He makes note to tell us he registered with christian AND muslim "fundamentalist" blogs . . .

BUT EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM HE FACED CAME FROM MUSLIMS! Isnt it funy that the spineless coward however spends 95% of his time bleating about christians and wont dare go near the muslim section of this forum?
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 01, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Each person's experience is different. Tai Solarin must have experienced a fair deal of "hate crimes" as well but he stuck to his religious claims not withstanding. Me not publicising my religios beliefs is same as you who won't dare to to state your famed islamic opinions in front of a jihadist igwemmadu. cheesy

that is flat out FALSE!
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by PollMaster: 8:09pm On Aug 01, 2009
CASE CLOSED!
EVERYBODY GET OUT OF MY TOPIC OR IM CALLING THE COPS!! ! !
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 01, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Again the usual atheist cowardly excuse that doesnt hold water. Stating my islamic opinions before a jihadist is NOT the same as boldly proclaiming myself a christian before an atheist or muslim. I do that, many other christians boldly do that. why are the atheists afraid of doing same? I thought they were all intelligent, logical and more scientifically inclined than the rest of us religious "morons"?
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by Tudor6(f): 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2009
davidylan:

this is one more example of the fraudulent nature of these spineless folks who call themselves atheists. He makes note to tell us he registered with christian AND muslim "fundamentalist" blogs . . .

BUT EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM HE FACED CAME FROM MUSLIMS!
Again you keep making absolutely stupid assumptions. . .did i mention ALL all my encountered problems for you to categorically state ALL my problems come from only muslims?
You'd do anything to make christians look innocent. What a shame!
[/b]Isnt it funy that the spineless coward however spends 95% of his time bleating about christians and wont dare go near the muslim section of this forum?
See how you keep embarassing youself and displaying ignorance.
Check my stats i DO post in the islam for muslims section and i've been banned and harassed several times for that. Get your facts straight abeg!
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2009
Tudór:

Again you keep making absolutely stupid assumptions. . .did i mention ALL all my encountered problems for you to categorically state ALL my problems come from only muslims?
You'd do anything to make christians look innocent. What a shame!

there was no need to "make christians look innocent" . . . you had ample space to tell us what the christians did to you, its shocking you couldnt dredge up one YET you found it necessary to lump christians in with muslims.

The shame unfortunately is on you.

Tudór:

See how you keep embarassing youself and displaying ignorance.
Check my stats i DO post in the islam for muslims section and i've been banned and harassed several times for that. Get your facts straight abeg!

I'm sure u're not blind . . . i specifically did not say that you spend 100% of your time on the christian section, 95% is too lopsided for an idiot who bleats about religion to spend on just the christian section!
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by Tudor6(f): 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2009
davidylan:

there was no need to "make christians look innocent" . . . you had ample space to tell us what the christians did to you, its shocking you couldnt dredge up one YET you found it necessary to lump christians in with muslims.

The shame unfortunately is on you.

I never saw any rules where it says you MUST post all your experiences. . .i made my point and that is religious fanatics can go to any length to harass you!
I'm sure u're not blind . . . i specifically did not say that you spend 100% of your time on the christian section, 95% is too lopsided for an idiot who bleats about religion to spend on just the christian section!
You are a big LIAR
.here's your post
davidylan:
[/b]Isnt it funy that the spineless coward however spends 95% of his time bleating about christians and wont dare go near the muslim section of this forum?
You specifically stated i spent 95% of my time on christians and won't DARE go near the islam section. See the kind of blind ignorant LIAR for jesus you are. You'd say anything to promote jesus no matter how stupid.

BTW who declared this section "christian section"?-testament to your blindness and pure ignorant lies you'd tell for jesus.
You just wanna claim this section for the christians at all cost- how shameful!
Get your facts straight before you go blabbing abeg!
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by bindex(m): 9:08pm On Aug 01, 2009
davidylan:

all these false claims, pretended "outrage" . . . the reason you dont see many atheists on the streets is because they are afraid to state their claims boldly. To say atheism is a taboo in nigeria is FALSE. Tai Solarin was a famous atheist and he was well respected till he died, he even ran a private school, was principal of MayFlower Ikenne and has another polytechnic named after him. So cut that crap about being "arrested" for being an atheist.

Does this FOOL know what he is really talking about? I live in belgium and Sweden where the majority of the people are athiest so I know very much what I am talking about. I was in England about 2 weeks ago before I came here to Nigeria and when I told some christians I meet over there (white and black people) that I was an atheist  the white lady and her friend only asked for the reason I was not a christian any more and the conversation ended there, but the stupid yourba woman that was with them kept on shouting the blood of jesus just because I said the whole christian tale is a fairy tale. She even said that I should stop saying what I am saying else I will never experince happiness in my life. What a Deluded goat she is.

I can not come out and tell people around me here in Nigeria that I am an atheist, the deluded fools will try to harm me. I was with mazaje last year in abuja when he told some guys that the bible is false and he was ATTACKED. So stop all these nonsense LIES that christians are cool and do not care wether you are an atheist or not they very much care. Tell them that the bible is fake and you will get killed if they have the oppurtuinty to kill you NO joke here.

Why is it that atheist can move around freely and openly experss their views in places like europe, parts of American, Canada and  Australia but not in Nigeria?

If you disbelieve me take you bible with you and start moving from house to house telling christians in lagos that the bible is false and that jesus is a joke and see if you will last a day.
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by PollMaster: 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2009
thats it! get out now!! this is my topic!! mineeeeeeee!
ps how do u live in both sweden and belgium at the same tym r u a witch?
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by bindex(m): 9:14pm On Aug 01, 2009
PollMaster:

thats it! get out now!! this is my topic!! mineeeeeeee!
ps how do u live in both sweden and belgium at the same tym r u a witch?

Where did i say I live in both places at the same time? . By the way Yes I am a witch, you better start praying to jesus to protect you because I will be coming for your ass tonight.
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by PollMaster: 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2009
boy o boy im having a bindex for dinner what will u have i jst made chips!
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by bindex(m): 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2009
PollMaster:

boy o boy im having a bindex for dinner what will u have i jst made chips!

I'll eat your toes and your nose, the other witches and wizards will have the rest of your body. You better start praying cos we will come for your ass tonight.
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by PollMaster: 9:19pm On Aug 01, 2009
wow what of my dic k?
Re: Atheist Nigerians Only Exist On The Pages Of Nairaland How Come? by bindex(m): 9:21pm On Aug 01, 2009
PollMaster:

wow what of my dic k?

The little girl that was initiated last night will have it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Religion: Most Controversial Topic Of The Year 2009 / Archbishop John Obiokeke Of Gpm In Kirikiri Over 419 / Jesus Pray Like Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.