Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,915 members, 7,802,979 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor (26826 Views)

Pastor Oritsejafor's Private Jet Has Broken Down (Photos) / Benny Hinn At Ayo Oritsejafor's Church In Warri. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by midolian(m): 10:05am On Apr 10, 2016
A former National President of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, says most people who claim to be pastors or men of God are not, as they were not called by God in the first place.

Oritsejafor expressed displeasure over how ‘these men of God’ have now turned the church into a business centre and living flamboyant lives, stating that the development was the reason kidnappers now see the church as a place to make money.

In a recent chat with the Punch, the outgoing President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, said, “The problem we have in the church is that a lot of these pastors are not men of God as they were not called.

“They are mercenaries, commercially minded people. The duty of the church is to preach morality not materialism and because Nigerians are very gullible; they are easy victims of deceit. They fall prey to some of these pastors or prophets of doom. The way they live gives a wrong impression of what should be in a church of God. There should be no room for material possessions.

“I am not saying a man of God should not live a life of comfort but it should be a life of good comfort; that is why kidnapping is now a common thing even in the church.

“It is unfortunate that we are having this kind of problem because most places of religious gathering, particularly of the Christian faith, are seemingly reducing their faith to commercials. So many people think they have money and most of them live a flamboyant lifestyle.

“As such, the kidnappers mistake them for money men but there is nothing there. The kidnappers would be kept at bay if they stopped preaching prosperity and allowing dirty money to go into the church coffers. I also think the church is losing its moral values. The values are disappearing gradually.

“We should preach values and not materialism. I think the churches themselves should look inwards and correct the poor impression they are giving people outside that there is money in the church, whereas there is none,” he stated.

On his opinion on the Kaduna State bill against public preaching, Oritsejafor said Governor Nasir el-Rufai had seemingly taken the wrong step.

Oristejafor said, “He should call a meeting of all the stakeholders in that state with respect to religious activities before rushing to the state Assembly for any bill. Be that as it may, we have to be very careful if there is any bill intended to wear religious colouration.

“When Sharia was introduced into this country we were lucky to have a Christian President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, who tamed it. Nigeria would have been engulfed by the conflagration. Sharia would have been misunderstood.

“There are already enough laws in the statue book that take care of what Governor El-Rufai has in mind. I have no objection if he wants to curb noise pollution in the name of religion. I quite agree if this is the basis. But in a situation where it is meant to tackle extremism, libel, sedition, incitement and more, there are enough laws in our statute book for this. Doing otherwise is not good for him.

“I have tremendous respect for him for he was the person bold enough to say that there should be no more street begging. Yes, that was a sensible thing because even in the Islamic countries such is not allowed,” the pastor stated.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/10/most-nigerian-pastors-are-fake-not-called-by-god-oritsejafor/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 10, 2016
Coming from Oritsejafor?...

Am confused

Lemme go n report first before I come back n comment

His lifestyle and personality clearly breaches paragraph 4,5,6,7 and 8 of this article... This is not to say that what he is saying is out of place or pointless, infact what he said is very correct, but his lifestyle spells out the fact that he is a man who doesn't live by what he preaches

My 2 kobo though

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by DjAndroid: 10:12am On Apr 10, 2016
Must one be called by God to become a preacher of the gospel?

9 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by kodyx(f): 10:16am On Apr 10, 2016
And who called you?..,50cent wannabe...

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by emeraldknytt(m): 10:16am On Apr 10, 2016
k
Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by midolian(m): 10:17am On Apr 10, 2016
Mr Bling Bling has spoken grin

As if he was called by God... SMH

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by johnydon22(m): 10:22am On Apr 10, 2016
Never trust people who know so well what God(s) want, i have always noticed it is always in coincide with their own reason and ideas.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by TPAND(f): 10:26am On Apr 10, 2016
Ortisejafor, There was once upon a time you were also called by God.... Till you ran after money and allowed yourself to muddled in a money laundry / arms deal scam.

Not judging... CAN & PFN should put their house in other, there are so many pastorpreneurs around now... Church will soon become university degree if care is not taking.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by mrnuur(m): 10:29am On Apr 10, 2016
Ayo Blings

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by joseph1832(m): 10:29am On Apr 10, 2016
midolian:
Mr Bling Bling has spoken grin
As if he was called by God undecided
O ya mi lenu oh. Imagine kettle calling pot black. LOl.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by izospindle(m): 10:36am On Apr 10, 2016
undecided really thats breaking news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by joseph1832(m): 10:36am On Apr 10, 2016
You own a private jet, you wear a 24 karat gold change around your neck, you buy arms for governments, you frolick with politicians and you virtually kissed the ass of a former president and you say some men of God live flamboyant lives? Hmm.

To think this man is even speaking of 'dirty money' is making me laugh.

Machine Gun Oritsejafor will never seize to amaze me with his self righteous and sanctimonious nonsense. The reporter than interviewed you should have asked you why you aren't able to smell your own sh1t.

Nonsense!!!.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by dearsly(m): 10:42am On Apr 10, 2016
IF OSUNBADE IS TRUELY A MAN OF GOD, WHY DOES HE APPEAR CLUELESS LIKE HIS MASTER AJALA DULLAHDINO 1 OF ABOKII LAND...

OSUNBADE YOU ARE A PASTOR AND NIGERIANS ARE SUFFERING WHILE YOU ROAM ABOUT ORGANISING UNFRUITFUL APC(SCAM) SEMINARS

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by ORACLE1975(m): 10:42am On Apr 10, 2016
Including u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by ThePeacemaker(m): 10:42am On Apr 10, 2016
Before nko,

Nigerian pastors be like

Today we will kill our Goliath

And our stone will be your

OFFERING sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by usewisdom: 10:43am On Apr 10, 2016
Lol
Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by Ebukaobi: 10:43am On Apr 10, 2016
Very rich coming from Pastor Bling Bling

A very useless man who benefitted from Jonathan's financial crimes against Nigeria

The man even turned into a weapons dealer

Oritsebobo is just a comedian

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by luckman20(m): 10:43am On Apr 10, 2016
Pot calling kettle black

3 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by usewisdom: 10:43am On Apr 10, 2016
joseph1832:
You own a private jet, you wear a 24 karat gold change around your neck, you buy arms for governments, you frolick with politicians and you virtually kissed the ass of a former president and you say some men of God live flamboyant lives? Hmm.

To think this man is even speaking of 'dirty money' is making me laugh.

Machine Gun Oritsejafor will never seize to amaze me with his self righteous and sanctimonious nonsense. The reporter than interviewed you should have asked you why you aren't able to smell your own sh1t.

Nonsense!!!.

No mind am grin

4 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by kennyman2000(m): 10:44am On Apr 10, 2016
can we have a list of their names sir?

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by DjAndroid: 10:44am On Apr 10, 2016
I ask again, must one be called by God to become a preacher of the gospel?

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by odinese(m): 10:44am On Apr 10, 2016
[size=16pt]is this something we should be talking about? [/size]

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by bigerboy200: 10:44am On Apr 10, 2016
Lmao...from u?
Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by Pebcak: 10:45am On Apr 10, 2016

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by gretblue: 10:45am On Apr 10, 2016
Hmm.
Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by cruzita(f): 10:46am On Apr 10, 2016
we know that many are called but few are chosen .But who are the few?

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by Afrok(m): 10:46am On Apr 10, 2016
Is he just telling us or to save face? shocked
Coz me don sabi this one wey him dey tell me before my mama born meme undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by massinola(m): 10:46am On Apr 10, 2016
and you nko?

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by ifenes(m): 10:46am On Apr 10, 2016
All of them are,including him,kumuyi,adeboye etc

3 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 10:46am On Apr 10, 2016
Even you angry
Re: Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor by otemanuduno: 10:47am On Apr 10, 2016
See d time wey I wake up sha!!!! Church service is automatically cancelled today, till further notice grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Things To Look For In A Christian Boyfriend/Girlfriend / Pastor’s Conference With Benny Hinn And Oyakhilome: Highlights (Photos) / CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.