Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Scam Has Taken A New Dimension In 9ja - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Scam Has Taken A New Dimension In 9ja (1758 Views)

Help! Ads By Bettersurf Has Taken Over My Laptop! / With Layer`s Properties Pane You Can Change The Layer Name, Location, Dimension, / Have Heard About Any Software That Browse Without Payment Here In 9ja Is It True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Has Taken A New Dimension In 9ja by vingoze: 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2009
WAOW IN ALL MY YEARS OF STAYING ONLINE ON THE INTERNET, I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING THAT LOOKS THIS GOOD, THIS SCAMMING THING HAS REALLY COME TO STAY IN OUR COUNTRY, AS EVERYTHING YOU SEE OUT THERE IS A FAKE IN AS MUCH AS IT LOOKS REAL, CHECK OUT THIS LATEST SCAM SITE http://www.mtnfifagame.com WHEN YOU LOOK AT IT ITS SO CLOSE TO THE REAL http://www.mtnonline.com WEBSITE, ATM CARD USERS PLEASE BEWARE OF http://www.mtnfifagame.com BECAUSE ITS FAKE BECAUSE IT WILL ASK FOR YOUR BANK DETAILS AND ATM PIN CODE (somthing interswitch will NEVER ask you for)

AT THIS RATE, I WONDER WHERE WE WILL BE IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS, TECHNOLOGY IS BEING USED FOR ALL THE WRONGEST REASONS IN THE WORLD IN NIGERIA!!!

GOD HELP US ALL. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Scam Has Taken A New Dimension In 9ja by LUDALOOLO(m): 9:23am On Aug 04, 2009
no b only 9ja dis dey happen, 9ja no sabi am like oyibo. d issue is u just knw bout am or sth
Re: Scam Has Taken A New Dimension In 9ja by Abatakan: 10:54am On Aug 07, 2009
From Vingoze see below

WAOW IN ALL MY YEARS OF STAYING ONLINE ON THE INTERNET, I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING THAT LOOKS THIS GOOD, THIS SCAMMING THING HAS REALLY COME TO STAY IN OUR COUNTRY, AS EVERYTHING YOU SEE OUT THERE IS A FAKE IN AS MUCH AS IT LOOKS REAL, CHECK OUT THIS LATEST SCAM SITE http://www.mtnfifagame.com WHEN YOU LOOK AT IT ITS SO CLOSE TO THE REAL http://www.mtnonline.com WEBSITE, ATM CARD USERS PLEASE BEWARE OF http://www.mtnfifagame.com BECAUSE ITS FAKE BECAUSE IT WILL ASK FOR YOUR BANK DETAILS AND ATM PIN CODE (somthing interswitch will NEVER ask you for)

AT THIS RATE, I WONDER WHERE WE WILL BE IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS, TECHNOLOGY IS BEING USED FOR ALL THE WRONGEST REASONS IN THE WORLD IN NIGERIA!!!

GOD HELP US ALL. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

What kind of management does MTN possess?that allows a fraud website to still be on?without bringing the heavy hands on the server/carrier that allows it ?and they (MTN) are mean`t o be reputable?Sums the nation ups
Re: Scam Has Taken A New Dimension In 9ja by blackweaver(m): 6:12pm On Aug 08, 2009
LUDALOOLO:

no b only 9ja dis dey happen, 9ja no sabi am like oyibo. d issue is u just knw bout am or sth
i agree with you; in fact over here they are just copying what has already been done some years ago

@abatakan
first of all the fraudulent website does not reside on mtn servers; it's when people like you
and me see these things and complain to mtn customer care that they become aware and
take action; you don't actually expect them to go about surfing all web pages just so that they
can find sites that are pretending to be them do you
Re: Scam Has Taken A New Dimension In 9ja by simpsonX: 11:11pm On Aug 08, 2009
the truth is that scamming is relatively new in nigeria unlike the united states. i can still remember days of filling visa lottery forms, trying to claim free prizes online where ull have to pay huge sums via credit card and lots more. Nigeria is now taking the fall for a crime that has been and is still going on in other countries.  MTN also uses a lot of scam techniques to make money. what with all the game shows going on such as the one they show on NTA where ull have to answer some really easy questions but ur call never gets through. that is so scam and i think such things should be banned. i lost quite a couple of cash due to my ignorance and now i wont even lay a finger to touch anything mtn does. trying to play on peoples ignorance to make easy money is wrong and mtn is guilty of this.

SCAMMING IS BAD> SAY NO TO SCAMMING>IT Goes against PATROITISM AND EVERYTHING GOOD WE ARE WORKING FOR>

peace.
Re: Scam Has Taken A New Dimension In 9ja by playsafe: 9:19am On Aug 09, 2009
The site has been suspended
Re: Scam Has Taken A New Dimension In 9ja by jamace(m): 10:28am On Aug 09, 2009
Some time ago I got a text message alerting me that I have won N1m and a KIA picanto car in the ongoing GLO promo. They gave a website www.glowinner.com, which was a replica of the Glo website for the promo. My suspicion was aroused when they requested for my bank details and ATM pin number. and They did not talk about how I could redeem the car. I never sent my details. However, when I did a whois on the website, the names and address were very funny. You can imagine a street named "29 Uwa bu Paw Paw Street, Apapa".

It pains me to see people illegally gunning for other peoples money without an iota of guilt. The most painful aspect is that these crooks love God so much, particularly on fridays and sundays. I can imagine how they will be bubbling with holy ghost fire on sundays. Lord have mercy. The end is near indeed. sad
Re: Scam Has Taken A New Dimension In 9ja by abes(m): 12:39pm On Aug 10, 2009
Its so sad that even the GSM companies are scamming their customers by milking them with thier useless promo, you can imagine glo and mtn asking thier customers to text to win some millions of naira, each text cost N100 and you have to keep texting 'cos they tell you the more you text, the better your chance of winning millions on naira, the truth is your probability of winning is 0.000002 , The government have failed us all. I weep for this country cry cry cry
Re: Scam Has Taken A New Dimension In 9ja by Abatakan: 7:48am On Aug 13, 2009
@blackweaver,
That is their job,protecting the good name of the company,so the company can`t be bothered? give you an example sample David Beckham name, try and do ANYTHING ( and l mean ANYTHING) with it on the the net, and see THE LAW COMES DOWN ON YOU!!!
So individual can do it,and so call big company, can`t protect the company name?
Re: Scam Has Taken A New Dimension In 9ja by omanifrank(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2009
it has started long ago in the western world, it is just coming to reality in Nigeria. may GOD help us

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Clean My Laptop Keyboard Of Dust? / Multilinks Modem Not Installing / Need Help To Find The IMEI No For Multilink Huawei EC226 Modem Pls Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.