Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (35628 Views)

Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? / Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? / Is Grace A License To Sin? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by itstpia8: 2:22pm On Apr 10, 2016
Because it was necessary.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by iamord(m): 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
poketoholo01:
If there is pre-destination then the concept of freewill is nafin but a lie cos we can't change wat will be!
This is someone that is reasoning. In the end humans will be the blame. I salute the people that made such a sinister same like this

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by oladimeji09(m): 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
booqee:
I keep wondering why did God even create the tree of life in the garden of Eden in the first place if He didn't want man to sin..

Some say its intentional... if it is, why was He so displeased to the extent of placing a curse on them...

He created us as man.. not as gods or heavenly creatures.. so of course he was easy and prone to falling for temptation.. so I assumed He knew from the start while creating him, that man would fall by eating the forbidden fruit...

so why bother creating it and then cursing man when it is believed He knew he would fall.. (that's the part that makes it look unfair) .. its similar to setting a concealed trap right in front of us..

I'm confused honestly ..

contributions are welcome

God create everything with its purpose
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by ademasta(m): 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
Following undecided
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
It was all a big conspiracy from the start.

Maybe it was meant to be consumed when the time was right,men were impatient,maybe it was our only source of reproduction,maybe there was no such thing as forbidden fruit afterall.

All depends on which side of the fence you are on.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by popcykaylah(m): 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2016
That one na shikini question..the big question is we know God created us and everything within..abeg who create God and how did he came to existence. .it's better left unsaid. .
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by lordthree(m): 2:25pm On Apr 10, 2016
Bollinger:

Almost anywhere is better than Nigeria.
Na so we see am o, this country bad pass hell
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by CltrAltDelicious(m): 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2016
sapientia:
Its this simple.

Either you believe bible or you dont...

Christianity is by absolute faith

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2016
adult91:

wise man like u but u can't beat ur foolish neighbors at d game of chess.?
I'll murder you at Chess. Add me on chess.com tongue
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by lawbabs: 2:27pm On Apr 10, 2016
booqee:
I keep wondering why did God even create the tree of life in the garden of Eden in the first place if He didn't want man to sin..

Some say its intentional... if it is, why was He so displeased to the extent of placing a curse on them...

He created us as man.. not as gods or heavenly creatures.. so of course he was easy and prone to falling for temptation.. so I assumed He knew from the start while creating him, that man would fall by eating the forbidden fruit...

so why bother creating it and then cursing man when it is believed He knew he would fall.. (that's the part that makes it look unfair) .. its similar to setting a concealed trap right in front of us..

I'm confused honestly ..

God wanted man to choose life, that is why he put the two trees (1. tree of life, and 2. tree of knowledge of evil and good- death). If your father put dustbin on the left and put jollof rice on the right, are you not expected to pick the jollof rice, but man heeded to the deceptive voice of the serpent so that we will not live perpetually in the garden. By that singular act, our nature was corrupted, and man was chased out of the garden, giving the devil the princely authority over the earth. It took the cross and the blood of Jesus to restore all that believe, and to have authority and dominion over sin and the power of hell...

I hope this gives a background of understanding...

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
adedayoadedeji:

alaye calm down. This your talk too deep for u o
grin deep pass bottomless pit.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
The reason God created the tree of good and evil is that God created man to be a FREE MORAL AGENT. In other words, God has ALWAYS set before man the freedom to choose who he wants to serve or follow whether life or death, good or evil.

This is what makes us HUMAN and not lower animals who live by instinct or robots programmed to do only the creator's wishes. Even angels were given the free choice to choose between following God or not which gave Lucifer the right to choose to obey God or follow his own desires.

So even though God knows what choices His creatures will make, He always gives us our liberty to choose and prescribes penalties if we don't.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by lekkie073(m): 2:29pm On Apr 10, 2016
Bollinger:

Then why give us free will if God didn't want us asking questions?
can u ask God: why some people r poor while some r rich? why evil people live long and some good people die young?
no logical answers....
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by DrDxtrz: 2:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

I'll murder you at Chess. Add me on chess.com tongue
you on chess.com? add me
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
DrDxtrz:

you on chess.com? add me
Same moniker?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by iamord(m): 2:32pm On Apr 10, 2016
prekumohtim:
Is just like you are asking why did God create anus if he didn't want man to become gay Or why did he create Bermuda triangle if he didn't want man to go there?
Dafuq mehn

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by ojay72(m): 2:33pm On Apr 10, 2016
when information are passed down to generations, so many vital points are diluted and hence the whole picture is tampered with and hence becomes confusing. that is why we should live by faith and not by sight because the world is filled with dark clouds and pollutions(spiritually and otherwise). Asking too many questions is as a result of the effect from the fruit Adam and Eve ate and passed down to all generations. when you don't get answers, you turn to paganism and when you get confusing answers, you become a complete sinner. but the search for answers shouldn't be our focus. our focus should be on the word of God. trust the Creator.

Lastly, God will never come down to every generation to explain the beginning but I bet you, that on the last day, we shall get all our answers from Him. and if there is no last day... then I will still be glad I believed in God and allowed him shape my life to be better.

I LOVE YOU GOD. I ALWAYS WILL.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR MERCIES AND BLESSINGS AND PATIENCE.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:34pm On Apr 10, 2016
You see this is a topic, that bible scholars,philisophers ,scientist and many learned pple have been arguing for years now.
Simply put, what your question bores down to is : IS LIFE DEPENDENT ON FREEWILL OR DESTINY....see God destined man to know Good & Live forever but same time he gave him freewill. And because adam&eve's freewill wasn't in line with God's plan, his destiny was distorted. Man now "dies" and "knows sin".....even in the bible it was recorded that at a point when God saw the wickedness in mans heart, he REGRETTED creating man.
Now does this means God didn't see that. man in the future would be so callous before creating us? No! God created man and had a Gooood plan for us but at the point when he was disappointed with mans FREEWILL action that it was pointed out in the bible. Both freewill & destiny work together

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Rilwayne001: 2:35pm On Apr 10, 2016
themosthigh:
Because jehovah is a wicked being who is looking for reasons to punish man and not blame himself...that is why he came down to earth to claim that he died for our sins out of his love for us only to wake up in three days,return back to heaven and claim he can now punish man in ethernal fire if we refuse to believe he died for our sins.....he gives us no evidence and punish us for saying it us a lie....he is worst than the devil and i will march out against him on armagadon carrying the black flag of lucifer...we will finally defeat him and lock him up in the bottomless pit which he created for his beloved creation...we almost did it during the tym.of the fallen angels and later when we where lead by the prince of persia to defeat all his angels and prevent daniels prayer from reaching God and we will succeed this tym around and end his reign of tyranny..

shocked
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Bobbysmart6(m): 2:35pm On Apr 10, 2016
My own questions is,is it true God created bad human and good human.and i also heard that God has writting evry onces destiny hw it gonna looks lyk.so i.e God knws this person is a betrayer.this person is my child.plz enlight me abt this alxo.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 10, 2016
ministeriallist:
The tree of life is different from the tree of knowledge of good n bad. The tree of life was meant to make Adam n Eve to live forever while the the tree of the knowledge of good n bad is to show their obedience to their creator as the one with the right to rule.
The tree is not the only one in the garden. There were many variety of trees good for food in the garden, so it was easy for them to have obeyed the law of their creator. The creator only want them to decide whether they want to obey Him n live or disobey n die.

Did God know that Adam will eat the fruit or not?

Answer this carefully

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by mannatech: 2:38pm On Apr 10, 2016
The custodians of history, religion,culture and all engine room of society have and will aways remain the elite. They have manipulated information, created myths all just so that they can continue cheating their subjects.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2016
Wait a second! Did anybody ever believed the creation story? grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by 4nobody4every1: 2:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
cool
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by iamord(m): 2:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
euromilion:
It was all a big conspiracy from the start.

Maybe it was meant to be consumed when the time was right,men were impatient,maybe it was our only source of reproduction,maybe there was no such thing as forbidden fruit afterall.

All depends on which side of the fence you are on.

I like this
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
crusadistic:

mtsheew...
or you mean the handiwork of johnnydon22?
er . . . No.

I was actually in the process of trying to gather evidence to dispute his claims. When I bumped into lot's amazing story. You only find stories like that on dofantasy website.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Bollinger(m): 2:42pm On Apr 10, 2016
lekkie073:

can u ask God:
why some people r poor while some r rich?
why evil people live long and some good people die young?

no logical answers....

Of all the things in the world to ask God, why would i want to ask a question that has obvious answers. I know why some people are poor and some are rich. And there is no statistical data showing "evil" people (whatever that means) live longer that good people. What i would like to ask is, why place a damning tree in close proximity of "children".

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by stancod(m): 2:44pm On Apr 10, 2016
ministeriallist:
The tree of life is different from the tree of knowledge of good n bad. The tree of life was meant to make Adam n Eve to live forever while the the tree of the knowledge of good n bad is to show their obedience to their creator as the one with the right to rule.
The tree is not the only one in the garden. There were many variety of trees good for food in the garden, so it was easy for them to have obeyed the law of their creator. The creator only want them to decide whether they want to obey Him n live or disobey n die.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by folks4luv(f): 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
analice107:

Create this scenarios in your mind's eyes.

Am your Mum, sovery rich. Everything you want you can get, I have a mansion which you live in it with me. One day i call you into a room empty, I mean nothing to eat in it, and then I give you an instruction saying, "Am going out my son, see that you touch nothing in this room till I return.
Remember, it's an empty room, and am telling you not to touch anything. What's is there to touch?

Again, I am your parent, am very wealthy. You of course is my child, and so lives in my mansion full of everything. But I call you and instructs you and say "Son, you can make use of everything in the freezer, every thing, only just this "wheat Bread", pls don't touch it", and I went out.
I left everything to your disposal, no restrains. There's assorted of everything. All kinds of breads, eat your fill, but don't touch the Wheat Bread. But you left every other thing you are free to touch and eat, but went to the only one I instructed you don't touch.
In your head or mind's eye, what do you see?

Let me help you. God Wanted to teach Adam Obidience and control.

In the first scenario, the room was empty, so Adam would of course have nothing to touch. If he touched nothing, because there was nothing to touch, would you call that Obidience? Will he be exercising any control? No.

The second scenario. Every thing but ONE is given to you. BUT you are instructed, leave the Wheat Bread alone. But u left the flour bread or corn bread and went for the wheat bread. Would you say Adam did well?
Can you obey instructions without control? No.
If you love me, you will respect me, if you respect me, you will obey me. Finish.
When you ask questions first think.
I love ur illustration, really detailed, lemme just add this to it. aside from God wanting obedience, he created them a free will agent, so God gave dem d opportunity to choose, 'I lay before thee life and death, good and evil, blessings and curses'. God created man, but he wanted man to decide his own destiny, to choose who he will obey. God still do that today, he doesn't force his will enough, He wants us to love Him enough to Choose him though we have options.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Kennedyiheme: 2:46pm On Apr 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

God created darkness? Lmao.
yes that thought is not for the shallow minded, GOD is the mastermind of good and evil, life and death, darkness and light. basically everyting negative and positive. without darkness there wont be light .
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:46pm On Apr 10, 2016
Seelurd:

Did God know that Adam will eat the fruit or not?

Answer this carefully
This is like asking if you know what I'm thinking. No-one can predict exactly what you are thinking except thru prophesy.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 10, 2016
booqee:

I'm confused honestly ..

because the story is a lie

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Father Emmanuel Obimma Blasts Buhari (Video) / Why We Won’t Accompany Apostle Suleman To DSS’ Office – CAN / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.