Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,434 members, 7,801,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / . (1074 Views)

The Punishment Of Apostasy In Islam Part Ii / What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? / Qur'anic Teaching About The Punishment For Blasphemy(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by AarewaMafia: 1:27pm On Apr 10, 2016
Now let's see
Re: . by AlBaqir(m): 8:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
AarewaMafia:
asalamualaykum
A couple of weeks ago,a thief was caught around my area..And as you'd expect,people were giving him the beating of his life...i foolishly joined in and i lashed him thrice with my belt..The police came nd took him away in a critical condition..i heard he died yesterday....Now Because i had a hand in it my question is ,did i just commit unintentional murder?..And if i did what is the way out.

If I understand you correctly, you were part not exactly the killer. Am afraid only a mujtahid (an Islamic jurist) can answer your question and in sha Allah, I will throw the question to appropriate quarters. However, if one kills a believer unintentionally, Quran clarify what is expected to be done:

[4:92] Al-Nisā: 92
"And it is not (lawful) for a believer to kill a believer but by mistake. And anyone who kills a believer unintentionally shall (be liable to) free a Muslim slave and (pay) blood money, to be (necessarily) handed over to the heirs of the person slain, unless they remit it. In case, he (the slain) comes from the people who are your enemies and is a believer (as well), then (only) freeing a (male or female) slave is prescribed. But if he (the slain) belongs to a people that between you and them there is a (peace) treaty, then blood compensation must be delivered to his family, and freeing a Muslim (male or female) slave is also mandatory. Then he who does not find (a slave) is (bound) to fast for two consecutive months. (This is his) repentance (prescribed) by Allah. And Allah is All-Knowing, Most Wise. "

1 Like

Re: . by Rilwayne001: 8:35pm On Apr 10, 2016
AlBaqir:

If I understand you correctly, you were part not exactly the killer. Am afraid only a mujtahid (an Islamic jurist) can answer your question and in sha Allah, I will throw the question to appropriate quarters. However, if one kills a believer unintentionally, Quran clarify what is expected to be done:

[4:92] Al-Nisā: 92
"And it is not (lawful) for a believer to kill a believer but by mistake. And anyone who kills a believer unintentionally shall (be liable to) free a Muslim slave and (pay) blood money, to be (necessarily) handed over to the heirs of the person slain, unless they remit it. In case, he (the slain) comes from the people who are your enemies and is a believer (as well), then (only) freeing a (male or female) slave is prescribed. But if he (the slain) belongs to a people that between you and them there is a (peace) treaty, then blood compensation must be delivered to his family, and freeing a Muslim (male or female) slave is also mandatory. Then he who does not find (a slave) is (bound) to fast for two consecutive months. (This is his) repentance (prescribed) by Allah. And Allah is All-Knowing, Most Wise. "

Just curious.. What if it happened to be an unbeliever?
Re: . by AlBaqir(m): 10:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Just curious.. What if it happened to be an unbeliever?

Noted. Answers on the way in sha Allah. I will however would like to see Sunni jurist opinion on these questions also.
Re: . by Rilwayne001: 6:27am On Apr 13, 2016
AlBaqir:

Noted. Answers on the way in sha Allah. I will however would like to see Sunni jurist opinion on these questions also.

I will be glad
Re: . by AlBaqir(m): 5:43pm On Apr 13, 2016
^ To the first question: everyone of those that are involve in the killing would have to pay his diyah(الدية) - blood money

About the second question the person that killed non - Muslim also, must have to pay the diyah (الدیة) - blood money.

The fact that killing is not the punishment for a thief in the Sharia, and technically the suspect is yet to be proven guilty.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Muslims Spotted Praying Under Heavy Rain (photos+video) / Lessons From Hadith 8 Of The 40 Ḥadīth Of An-nawawih: Sanctity Of Muslims / What Jesus Said About Muhammad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.