Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided - Properties (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided (99498 Views)

Very Important Real Estate Topic We Should Know / Architects In The House, Pls What Can I Build On Half Plot Of Land? / VERY IMPORTANT: Why Nigerian Civil Engineers Blame Architects/their Incompetence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by InvertedHammer: 9:39am On Dec 17, 2016
/
I need a contemporary building plan for a 5-bedroom duplex en suite for a 550sq.meter plot.

Please send contact info or all necessary information to anergeshammer@gmail.com.

I will be glad to use any good reference as well.
Thanks.

Cc:
Nobody, Ejiekwu1, johnsegun54, castosvilla
2poundz, ArchNerd, thewatcher2020,
Barselonia, Igholize, Troubleshooter, Ba7man, Midform
Victorazy, spyder880

/
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by victorazy(m): 4:13pm On Dec 17, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/
I need a contemporary building plan for a 5-bedroom duplex en suite for a 550sq.meter plot.

Please send contact info or all necessary information to anergeshammer@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Cc:
Victorazy, spyder880

/

OK! When do u need it?
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:54am On Dec 18, 2016
klbakare:

The bricklayers are right. Am an agricultural engineer. there is a minimum distance used as standard between subsurface water source and septic tanks and graves. The effects may not be much, had it been the septic tank is even concrete cast throughout without pores or voids.

Thanks a lot ... The well has been covered up and relocated
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by InvertedHammer: 6:46am On Dec 18, 2016
victorazy:

OK! When do u need it?

/
As soon as possible.

\
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by victorazy(m): 7:36am On Dec 18, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
As soon as possible.

\

Sorry I've been busy with site work.
You will receive the dwg today.

Tnx.
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by EngrOsas: 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2016
#smh for the engineer.

HazzanTazzan:
Please help me out here...

i walked into a construction site today and the site engineer and bricklayers were arguing on where the well should have been located.

the bricklayers said it shouldnt be where it is while the Engineer claims he knows his job and the soak away will have no future effect on the well...

what do you think is wrong with this location of the well and do you think the Engineer is right?
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by EngrOsas: 12:41pm On Dec 18, 2016
You can order for your drawing online now.
http://www.apeledesigns.com/services

Fill the form and with all your requirements

InvertedHammer:
/

Thanks.

Cc:
Victorazy, spyder880

/
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by chidex167: 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
GREAT OPPORTUNITY!! A FULL PLOT OF LAND AT 6TH AVENUE, FESTAC TOWN FOR SALE. PRICE: #10M. OWNER'S LINES: 08158191014, 08068206922. PLS FWD TO OTHERS. TNKS
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by lipman1122: 6:39pm On Dec 26, 2016
No time to write stories in comment today. Just to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance. Ojasweb Digital Solution wishes you all a joyous celebration.
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Badgers14: 10:05am On Dec 27, 2016
Barselonia:
well, am engineer too but what I notice was that the AutoCAD software is easily learn anywhere..... people without the knowledge of building or drawing don't have the knowledge of what the building entails, once u can draw line ,offset it,trim it etc and using different modeling software, u have automatically become an engineer/ architect.. ...

and again clients cause the problem.. they want cheap package and better results..... example u go to architect for a building plan of 3 bedroom, he said minimum of 40k but u go to a road side architect,he said oga bring 20k jare..... u see d different.. but now the engineer would face many challenges about the drawing on site.....

ministry also partake, because dey don't check drawing b4 approval, once u have paid d necessary dues....dey just sign and approved... no checking it

Do you think a 2 storey 3 bedroom flat will fit fine on a 50x100x50x100 piece of land.?
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Badgers14: 10:18am On Dec 27, 2016
joshua112:

you are very correct on your observation about architects and their drawing. I am also an architect with over 10yrs experience but from what I observed we have two types of architects ,the office architect then the site architect who is very much involved in construction .by the time you compare drawings done by the two types of architects, you will notice that the site architects has more accurate drawings cos from he's design he already knows what will work on site and what will not work but an office architect with no site experience will only do designs that are aesthetically ok but functionality is zero. Explaining why we also have mistakes is that some 3d are being done by visual artist not all are done by architects that's why you see those mistakes. We also have what we call anthropometrics that we learnt in school which is just a study of how human beings relate to sizes of spaces in buildings, not all architects put this into consideration while doing there design example is car park spaces,setbacks,staircase sizes for both residential and public buildings etc I have a lot on this issue to say but time wont permit me. you can contact me on 08031332857 for your quality architectural drawings.im also into construction

Do you think a w storey building consisting of 3 flats ; 2bdrm, One bdrm and 2 bdrm would fit in a 50x100 piece of land..? How about parking ?

Thank you for your response
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Barselonia(m): 11:14am On Dec 27, 2016
Badgers14:

Do you think a 2 storey 3 bedroom flat will fit fine on a 50x100x50x100 piece of land.?
Why not.. ..once ur space is being maximize well by the architect ....
How many flat on d ground floor
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Badgers14: 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2016
Barselonia:

Why not.. ..once ur space is being maximize well by the architect ....
How many flat on d ground floor

3 flats ground floor, 3 flats first floor and 3 flats second floor
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Barselonia(m): 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2016
Badgers14:

3 flats ground floor, 3 flats first floor and 3 flats second floor
It would b very hard sir
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Badgers14: 8:12pm On Dec 27, 2016
Barselonia:

It would b very hard sir

The contractor is suggesting 2 flats on the ground level, 3 flats first and second floor then a pent house of 2 bdrm flat.

But my concern is, the stability of the house? I don't want to be a part of any house falling over.

What do you think on that?
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Barselonia(m): 10:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
Badgers14:

The contractor is suggesting 2 flats on the ground level, 3 flats first and second floor then a pent house of 2 bdrm flat.

But my concern is, the stability of the house? I don't want to be a part of any house falling over.

Once D architect is abLe to sketch it out.. And u okay with it.. .u can go ahead it with it.. ..leave d rest for d structural engineer. .... And don't overcompromise on site

But don't know how 3 flat would b on 2 flat
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Badgers14: 2:36am On Dec 28, 2016
Barselonia:

Once D architect is abLe to sketch it out.. And u okay with it.. .u can go ahead it with it.. ..leave d rest for d structural engineer. .... And don't overcompromise on site

Thanks alot.

But as an expert in the field, what do you suggest?
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by bixton(m): 10:33am On Dec 28, 2016
Badgers14:

. I will just comment and hold every other reservations!!!
It's workable depending on what other facilities apart from the 2 rooms ground floor that is required. So depending on that the trick is paying special attention to how you distribute your columns and most importantly how to achieve a befitting first floor deck matting for the structure.
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Badgers14: 10:56am On Dec 28, 2016
Barselonia:

You are very funny... I had a high hope reading your response until i got to the bolded... grin
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Barselonia(m): 2:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
Badgers14:

You are very funny... I had a high hope reading your response until i got to the bolded... grin
He is trying to minimized space.. .with that... He would require at least 2 stair

Sorry Bro.. .its ordinary mathematics

Unless the third flat would have separate stair
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by oapeleo1: 5:10am On Dec 29, 2016
Badgers14:

request online here

click here http://apeledesigns.com/services/

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by fajek: 4:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
Real Architects or practicing Architects or qualified Architects wouldn't make such mistakes.

Its unfair when we cook up huge writeups with no solid foundation...

If you had said fake Architects ... Yes I agree.

Clents,... get the right professionals to execute your
work and trust me you can go to sleep.

Architects, Structural Engineers, Builders, Project Managers ,interior Designers, we are families, we should work as a team. Don't go beyond your boundary or scope of work...
We all know that the Architect is the construction team leader ... Why then do we creat issues here and there to the general public.

If its not the Architect then it must be the Project Manager..

We must build a better nation.

Long live the construction industry.

Bimbo Fajemirokun
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by fajek: 5:00pm On Jan 02, 2017
If you truly need a professional advice on your Architectural Building plan and its construction you can send a mail to :
dolapolepe@avantiline.com
bimbo.fajemirokun@gmail.com
or watts app : 08037197292.

Or visit:
www.avantiline.com
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by fajek: 5:01pm On Jan 02, 2017
If you truly need a professional advice on your Architectural Building plan and its construction you can send a mail to :
dolapolepe@avantiline.com
bimbo.fajemirokun@gmail.com
or watts app : 08037197292.
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by fajek: 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2017
HazzanTazzan:
Please help me out here...

i walked into a construction site today and the site engineer and bricklayers were arguing on where the well should have been located.

the bricklayers said it shouldnt be where it is while the Engineer claims he knows his job and the soak away will have no future effect on the well...

what do you think is wrong with this location of the well and do you think the Engineer is right?
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by fajek: 5:14pm On Jan 02, 2017
A water Engineer will be in the best position to answer you. However the well should not be to close to the soak away.

But then i think you should trust your site engineer. He should have a good reason for given you a location. I'm. Sure he must have consulted the Architect too...

Bimbo Fajek

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

₦500 Million Lagos House Causes A Stir Online / Apartment For Rent Lagos Nigeria - Flats For Rent Lagos / Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.