Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Any Difference Bwt Factory Tinted Glass And Tinted Glass Permit? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Any Difference Bwt Factory Tinted Glass And Tinted Glass Permit? (1886 Views)

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / Is Tinted Glass Permit really Free ? / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Difference Bwt Factory Tinted Glass And Tinted Glass Permit? by edonbeta: 7:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
NLs

My car is not factory tinted glass but has this tint at the back only which serves as sun shield and drier.

I obtained a permit, the permit said factory fitted tinted glass permit. Is that permit not sufficient? A policeman stopped me and said I should have collected tinted glass permit and not factory fitted permit since it is not factory fitted. I said, but your office wrote that English. The Policeman said I should buy fuel for them.

Please advice me.
Re: Any Difference Bwt Factory Tinted Glass And Tinted Glass Permit? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:24am On Apr 11, 2016
edonbeta:

NLs

My car is not factory tinted glass but has this tint at the back only which serves as sun shield and drier.

I obtained a permit, the permit said factory fitted tinted glass permit. Is that permit not sufficient? A policeman stopped me and said I should have collected tinted glass permit and not factory fitted permit since it is not factory fitted. I said, but your office wrote that English. The Policeman said I should buy fuel for them.

Please advice me.

remove it an install a sun visor. The rate at which you are going, you will buy lots of fuel for olopa.

11 Likes

Re: Any Difference Bwt Factory Tinted Glass And Tinted Glass Permit? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 12, 2016
edonbeta:

NLs

Please advice me.

Factory fitted tinted glass means that the vehicle came with the glass tinted while the tinted glass you fixed your self. I advise you remove it and fix a sun protector instead like the 1st person advised.
Re: Any Difference Bwt Factory Tinted Glass And Tinted Glass Permit? by aluta2: 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

remove it an install a sun visor. The rate at which you are going, you will buy lots of fuel for olopa.
Looooooooooool
Re: Any Difference Bwt Factory Tinted Glass And Tinted Glass Permit? by Enyimbamercedes: 5:39am On Apr 13, 2016
I have got a light tint at the back and when police stop me and ask for permit, i ask them if they can see inside. They say yes...i then ask them what tint permit do they want again. They begin to stammer...i tell them to have a nice day and drive off. Police try to intimidate you and once you give in, they extort you. When they tell you it is not factory fitted tint, you tell them the permit is a tint permit, you have a tint so it covers you. Then drive off...at your own risk

2 Likes

Re: Any Difference Bwt Factory Tinted Glass And Tinted Glass Permit? by lonelydora: 5:57am On Apr 13, 2016
The guy above nailed it. Don't give in to intimidation. As long as the permit is from the police, you don't have to be afraid.

But I will still advise you remove it and put a sun visor if you can't be bold enough to defend it.

(1) (Reply)

Castrol VS Mobil 1 / The Gallant BMW 7 Series. / Most Fuel Efficient Non-hybrid -VW Passat Tdi Sets 77.9 Mpg Fuel Economy Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.