Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) (35489 Views)

EDC Official Electrocuted In Isawo, Ikorodu (Video) / PHCN Staff Loses Both Arms After Being Electrocuted While On Official Duty. PICS / Man Electrocuted In Akure While Working On A Pole (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by ebosie11(f): 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2016
A staff of PHCN was allegedly electrocuted in Ikeja due to the nonavailability of safety equipment.

Abeg PHCN workers should be provided with all the necessary safety gadgets.Na risky work dem dey do na!Haba!

source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/tweeter-confronts-phcn-with-evidence-of.html

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Sibrah: 9:25pm On Apr 10, 2016
Phcn is now private, what are the union n labour people waiting for?

1 Like

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by amunkita(m): 9:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
Useless people..

They only bring light to take soul..

How I wish our Judicial system works, the deceased family will get justice..

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by mjames: 9:47pm On Apr 10, 2016
Too bad
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
ebosie11:
A staff of PHCN was allegedly electrocuted in Ikeja due to the nonavailability of safety equipment.

Abeg PHCN workers should be provided with all the necessary safety gadgets.Na risky work dem dey do na!Haba!

source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/tweeter-confronts-phcn-with-evidence-of.html

Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company should do something
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by CzarRex: 5:27am On Apr 11, 2016
mehn that is real,wish u speedy recovery,thank God u ain't dead
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by missvera(f): 5:29am On Apr 11, 2016
R.I.P to the dead and the other a speedy recovery.Atleast no one will come here to blame Buhari because PHCN is not NEPA anymore.
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by whirlwind7(m): 5:30am On Apr 11, 2016
An avoidable accident. Very sad.

Perhaps the men didn't expect the transmission line to have power when they were working on it, as electricity has almost become an imaginary item nowadays.

The electric poles and transmission cables are just there for birds to rest on. That has become their primary use.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by pacino26(m): 5:32am On Apr 11, 2016
RIP

Aside preaching safety I doubt if most former govt companies have safety officers. I think it's only active in the Oil sector.

To my friend please get well soon and remember "There's nothing as shocking as an electric shock"

4 Likes

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by oloyedayo(m): 5:33am On Apr 11, 2016
why taking the risk when there is no safety equipment? as an engineer it should be safety first and when you are an electrical engineer, you know you have electricity as a very obedient servant and most cruel master. You don't therefore play with your own safety or your obedient servant turn itself to a cruel servant.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by greatgod2012(f): 5:33am On Apr 11, 2016
I wish him speedy recovery.

However, people are really annoyed with these PHCN officials, especially this no light period. Even though it's not their fault, but the truth is that many people are not happy with them.
Once again, speedy recovery in Jesus name.
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Dobxy(m): 5:34am On Apr 11, 2016
Eeeeeyah.....!
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by youngsahito(m): 5:35am On Apr 11, 2016
this kind of thing can only happen in Nigeria...I live in France

1 Like

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by lonelydora: 5:38am On Apr 11, 2016
I blame the poor guy. No, i am not heartless. Safety will still nail him, and he may even get sacked for trying to incur cost and LTI on the company.

There is a safety slogan that says

"IF IT IS UNSAFE, DON'T DO IT"

why carry out a risky job without the necessary PPEs? If the management refuses to provide PPE, then complain to your safety officer or whoever is in charge that you can't carry out the job. That's how it works. But, most Nigeria workers believe so much in the "I DEY DO AM LIKE THIS BEFORE" syndrome.

It is better to go home (if need be) with your whole body than stay on a job with some body parts missing.

I pray you get well soon, bro.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Funminicrown: 5:39am On Apr 11, 2016
And so?
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by jordyspices: 5:42am On Apr 11, 2016
Every day one bad news or the other may God grant. His family the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by MarvelJ: 5:45am On Apr 11, 2016
R I P to the dead, and wish the other quick/fast recovery. Like a friend said safety first. But its true that the only places that have safety officers re the org like aviation, oil companies etc. Which makes the inpectors get huge DTAs. PHCN too needs one. But my country always neglect such, as to them they re useless.

But my advice is these people working with high tension cables shouldnt think they re immune to shocks. As they always think the longer you work with them, the more immune you become. This is also a theory those who work on IEDs/land mines think.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by cocoberry(f): 5:48am On Apr 11, 2016
Sad
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by gbaskiboy: 6:00am On Apr 11, 2016
PHCN causing havocs to the Nigerians since time immemorial
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by ninodaniel(m): 6:00am On Apr 11, 2016
nothing good cms out of phcn
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by AyamConfidence(m): 6:07am On Apr 11, 2016
This is why i no dey go near electricity...even c.ar battery head i no dey touch...very sorry Mr...get well soon

Safety is as simple as ABC
A - ALWAYS
B - BE
C - CAREFUL

1 Like

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by pupsyd: 6:13am On Apr 11, 2016
RIP TO ALL OF US! grin grin grin
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Dollyak(f): 6:37am On Apr 11, 2016
Really bad safety awareness in all sectors in Nigeria. Thank goodness for his life
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by cherry007(f): 6:50am On Apr 11, 2016
When they didn't restore light,it won't be heard, but once there is casuality it flows every where. So sorry Bro. Speedy recovery ok
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by skyfall: 6:57am On Apr 11, 2016
@OP, there's nothing like PHCN anymore. It has been dissolved. The company in question is Ikeja Electric.
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by nairagossip: 6:57am On Apr 11, 2016
hmm! this is a terrible incident..

Watch Graphic Video here: http://www.042express.com/2016/04/omg-2-phcn-staff-electrocuted-in-lagos.html
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by christinie(f): 6:57am On Apr 11, 2016
Fashola doesn't care. He's even on his way to China.

Rest in peace man.
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by ocelot2006(m): 6:57am On Apr 11, 2016
Sibrah:
Phcn is now private, what are the union n labour people waiting for?

Unions are usually not allowed in the private sector.
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by SPG4U(m): 7:13am On Apr 11, 2016
D kain curse people dey give dem ehn!

Me sef don curse dem last night when I had to go find fuel around 11 pm last night...

Although the curse was unintentional but....I don curse the curse
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Electronzeez(m): 7:16am On Apr 11, 2016
lonelydora:
I blame the poor guy. No, i am not heartless. Safety will still nail him, and he may even get sacked for trying to incur cost and LTI on the company.

There is a safety slogan that says

"IF IT IS UNSAFE, DON'T DO IT"

why carry out a risky job without the necessary PPEs? If the management refuses to provide PPE, then complain to your safety officer or whoever is in charge that you can't carry out the job. That's how it works. But, most Nigeria workers believe so much in the "I DEY DO AM LIKE THIS BEFORE" syndrome.

It is better to go home (if need be) with your whole body than stay on a job with some body parts missing.

I pray you get well soon, bro.

I was telling a friend on my Facebook wall that Nigeria is not ripe for a nuclear energy . this is not even a generating station or a transmission station and we keep recording this kind of incident . I am not saying things like this don't happen in developed countries but it is not as epidemic as it is Nigeria . one should imagine an engineer not following proper safety protocol in a nuclear plant , he would not only kill himself but kill the entire citizen .

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by stanley000: 7:17am On Apr 11, 2016
even as safety equipment no dey,them dey take the light anyhow if they provide them one which means they will even be taking transformers too
Re: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Ikeja Due To Lack Of Safety Equipment(Graphic Photo) by Electronzeez(m): 7:19am On Apr 11, 2016
whirlwind7:
An avoidable accident. Very sad.

Perhaps the men didn't expect the transmission line to have power when they were working on it, as electricity has almost become an imaginary item nowadays.

The electric poles and transmission cables are just there for birds to rest on. That has become their primary use.

I never knew Ikeja electricity handle transmission line , are they not a distribution electricity company ?.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Does one Handle Evil And Diabolism In Work Environments? / My MD Compensated Me After The Slap. / Is Dentistry Better Than Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.