Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,261 members, 7,807,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" (30645 Views)

The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 8:22am On May 21, 2016
bright87:
Pls oga spider, I would like to know if one can use ceiling fan with pop ceiling just in the rooms only. My initial plan was to use pop in strategic places but I have changed my mind by deciding to have pop all through the house. My pop guy said it's possible to have ceiling fan installed on the pop without having a negative effect on the pop ceiling in the long run.

Please kindly advise me..

Thanks..

The two obvious disadvantages of using ceiling fans in a room with full POP ceiling (not under the deck) is the fear of vibration which might shake up the POP hanging balance and cause sagging as the same roofing wood bears the weight of both POP and ceiling fan.

The second disadvantage is the possibility of the metal hanger of the ceiling fan rusting with time and staining the beautiful POP works, creating an unsightly ceiling.

The third is the possibility of the fan hiding the beauty of the ceiling.

Please buy an AC, if you must use a fan, please buy a wall or standing fan.

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by bright87: 8:28am On May 21, 2016
Thanks so much Oga Spider, that was insightful. Can you please suggest what I can use for the rooms other than pvc. I prefer something more classier than pvc.
spyder880:

The two obvious disadvantages of using ceiling fans in a room with full POP ceiling (not under the deck) is the fear of vibration which might shake up the POP hanging balance and cause sagging as the same roofing wood bears the weight of both POP and ceiling fan.

The second disadvantage is the possibility of the metal hanger of the ceiling fan rusting with time and staining the beautiful POP works, creating an unsightly ceiling.

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by koman: 7:15am On May 22, 2016
spyder880:
Decking slab reinforcement ongoing. .......

I can see the internal beams
Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by bright87: 9:21am On May 22, 2016
@Oga spyder, happy Sunday.
Can you please suggest what other sort of ceiling I can use for the rooms other than pvc. I prefer something more classier than pvc but also not too much on the high side.

Thanks..
Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 9:22am On May 22, 2016
bright87:
@Oga spyder, happy Sunday.
Can you please suggest what other sort of ceiling I can use for the rooms other than pvc. I prefer something more classier than pvc but also not too much on the high side.

Thanks..

POP
Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 4:17pm On May 24, 2016
Staircase area all reinforced..........

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 4:21pm On May 24, 2016
At the top.........

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 4:25pm On May 24, 2016
More

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 4:29pm On May 24, 2016

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 2:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
We are almost ready to cast this deck slab. Some small electrical works remains..........

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
Decking slab cast in progress

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:09pm On Jun 09, 2016
Work ongoing. .........

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by write2obi(m): 7:48am On Jun 10, 2016
spyder880:

Excellent reply. And if i may add to what Oga spyper has said, ceiling fan is too 1960.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by dubemcapital(m): 7:38am On Jun 15, 2016
spyder880:
Work ongoing. .........

Weldon oga spyder... good speed

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 8:52am On Jun 15, 2016
dubemcapital:

Weldon oga spyder... good speed

Thank you, how is your project in the Duplex with penthouse going, when are going to do the decking slab?
Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by dubemcapital(m): 7:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
spyder880:

Thank you, how is your project in the Duplex with penthouse going, when are going to do the decking slab?

Thank you so much, The decking is starting tomorrow the client want it completed as soon as next minute. He is also a niralander. We are on it.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by djchukwy(m): 10:03am On Jun 16, 2016

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
djchukwy:
Mr spyder....thank you...your retirement house at Enugu has helped a lot...i m actually on a project somewhere at the east and ur cost effective breakdown has been helpful from setting out....thanks a lot and remain blessed..

I am glad it helped. Thank you.

The upper walls of this house will start by early next week.
Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:05pm On Jun 21, 2016
As promised, we restarted work in this site this week..........

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:42am On Jun 22, 2016
Starting to raise the walls, ..........

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:48am On Jun 22, 2016
Standing on the gallery and looking down into the living lounge. ........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:53am On Jun 22, 2016
From the ground. .........

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2016
Front of this house, this morning. ......

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2016
Up, and down of the side of the house. ......

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2016
Outside view. ......

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2016
Work continues here, lintels and columns in progress. ......

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
More

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2016
Still in the front. .....

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
Staircase area, decking wood removed. .....

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
More decking removed. ....

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2016
Work in progress. ......

Re: The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Important Documents In Land Transactions. (must Read) / Semi-detached Duplex At Royal Garden Estate, Lekki By MOORE / How To Calculate Quantity&cost Of Asbestors Or PVC Ceiling Needed 4 Your Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.