Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,550 members, 7,809,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Help Gurus. 2011 Toyota Camry AC...... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Gurus. 2011 Toyota Camry AC...... (1634 Views)

Help Gurus / How To Determing A Good Toyota Camry Ac Compressor / Help Me Decide : 2013 Honda Accord Or 2011 Toyota Camry Xle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Gurus. 2011 Toyota Camry AC...... by yinkkistic: 7:53am On Apr 11, 2016
Hey gurus in the house, I noticed my AC doesn't work when I put on the car, it only does when I'm in motion. Now it has finally stopped even when in motion. What could be the problem?
Re: Help Gurus. 2011 Toyota Camry AC...... by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:17am On Apr 11, 2016
yinkkistic:
Hey gurus in the house, I noticed my AC doesn't work when I put on the car, it only does when I'm in motion. Now it has finally stopped even when in motion. What could be the problem?

possible from low charge to no charge (check for leaks)

Possible from failing compressor to dead compressor (replace but test before replacement)

A.c requires proper diagnosis before any part is replaced. Don't throw money away, get a good a.c technician that can diagnose properly before replacing any parts.

1 Like

Re: Help Gurus. 2011 Toyota Camry AC...... by mayor2013: 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
yinkkistic:

A low pressure compressor can cause that. But just have it @the back of your mind that there is a leakage somewhere. Leakage needs to be traced first. Get a proper diagnosis done first. Finally if leakage is fixed make sure the system is free of air before introduction of refrigerant. Use original refrigerant. Guage refrigerant to specification and use right compressor oil. To fix your ac call multi autolab if you are in lagos on 08156087872 or 08165520837
Re: Help Gurus. 2011 Toyota Camry AC...... by earthrealm(m): 1:45pm On Apr 12, 2016
probablly...leaking - low gas -- no gas/dead compressor.

go to a good place, they would trace the cause and rectify
Re: Help Gurus. 2011 Toyota Camry AC...... by beja: 5:58pm On May 28, 2018
Hi Gurus!
I drive a 2008 Toyota Camry. It was packed for a while( about a year) and got it back running recently. I however noticed the AC was not working and took it to the technician. By mere inspection he suspected a leak and said he will fix it and refill the gas. He did, the AC worked for 2 days and stopped working again- only blows hot air.
I go back and he gives me a list of parts to replace- Compressor, Condenser etc. I took it to the next technician that said it was Evaporator,Condenser and Compressor and suggested that I change to a manual compressor because getting an original auto compressor is expensive and may not work well with the condenser.
1. Please who can help me make a real diagnosis- I am based in Lagos mainland?
2. Should i change to Manual compressor, what are the risks?
3. Are there estimates for this so I am not ripped off?
Thanks
Re: Help Gurus. 2011 Toyota Camry AC...... by bravolad(m): 7:10pm On May 28, 2018
beja:
Hi Gurus!
I drive a 2008 Toyota Camry. It was packed for a while( about a year) and got it back running recently. I however noticed the AC was not working and took it to the technician. By mere inspection he suspected a leak and said he will fix it and refill the gas. He did, the AC worked for 2 days and stopped working again- only blows hot air.
I go back and he gives me a list of parts to replace- Compressor, Condenser etc. I took it to the next technician that said it was Evaporator,Condenser and Compressor and suggested that I change to a manual compressor because getting an original auto compressor is expensive and may not work well with the condenser.
1. Please who can help me make a real diagnosis- I am based in Lagos mainland?
2. Should i change to Manual compressor, what are the risks?
3. Are there estimates for this so I am not ripped off?
Thanks

I suppose your air con compressor is Variable Displacement Compressor VDC which is very sensitive & does not tolerate any impurity. I won't advice you to convert to the manual one. The VDC makes your car run smooth with better mpg.

The manual compressor will also make your car to jeck whenever the air con is turned on & is less effective. Since you are in Lagos, @Gazzuzz & @Mayor2013 will be able to do justice to your car air con.
Re: Help Gurus. 2011 Toyota Camry AC...... by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:36pm On May 28, 2018
bravolad:

I suppose your air con compressor is Variable Displacement Compressor VDC which is very sensitive & does not tolerate any impurity. I won't advice you to convert to the manual one. The VDC makes your car run smooth with better mpg.

The manual compressor will also make your car to jeck whenever the air con is turned on & is less effective. Since you are in Lagos, @Gazz uzz & @Mayor2.013 will be able to do justice to your car air con.

For a Job like this, only NEW OEM parts cam be used if VDC will be employed or it will fail in a short time. Looking at about an investment of possible over 200k. in working with VDC's Toks is not an option.

(1) (Reply)

To Whom It May Concern(Stale) / (pic) Honda Accord '96 (bulldog) Or Mazda 626 '97 (booth). Advice Please / Car CD And Battery Theft Just Got My First Experience Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.