Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? (18978 Views)

How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? / How Long Does Your Data Plan Last On Your Laptop/PC / How Long Does A 8cell And 12 Cell Battery Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by DoubleN(m): 9:55pm On Aug 01, 2009
In this era of mobile computing and a plethora of laptop manufacturers the amount of time you can get out of your battery is of utmost.This brings me to the question how long does your laptop battery last??
Mine is a Hp and it last for just 2hrs!!Very poor if you ask me.
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by UNLEASHED(m): 12:03am On Aug 02, 2009
Mine 5 minutes max cry
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by bootycall(f): 12:14am On Aug 02, 2009
UNLEASHED:

Mine 5 minutes max cry
Is this a joke?
@Topic,4 to 5 hrs.
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by UNLEASHED(m): 12:25am On Aug 02, 2009
It's not a joke! I'm serious
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by chidyke77(m): 5:44am On Aug 02, 2009
Mine is Hp and only 6 months old bt it last only for 1hr 35mins.A Very sad tale embarassed
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by DoubleN(m): 8:54am On Aug 02, 2009
chidyke77:

Mine is Hp and only 6 months old bt it last only for 1hr 35mins.A Very sad tale embarassed
I feel you on that one,HP laptops are a big joke when it comes to battery life.I have a 12 Cell that i bought for my Dv6000 and it still doesn't go beyond the 4hour mark!
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by Phony200(m): 10:18am On Aug 02, 2009
2hrs max. I cope.
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 02, 2009
there was an article in time magazine that highlighted the fact that touted notebook battery life is BS - and based on situations equivalent to claiming a car has high mileage by (test running in neutral on a downhill slope )

the most you will get out of any laptop is 2 hours, or half of the time quoted. end of story.
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by CrudeOil2(m): 11:50am On Aug 03, 2009
mine lasted up to 3 hrs. but viruses destroyed my system, and now it lasts for 10 mins only
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by AKO1(m): 11:59am On Aug 03, 2009
A few tips to maximise your battery life if you didn't already know:

- Reduce the brightness of your screen to the barest minimum, especially if you're working at night with no light.

- Avoid using USB devices as much as possible; flash disks, mouses, keyboards, etc.

-Use headphones instead of your speakers

-Google the topic for more tips. tongue smiley

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by DoubleN(m): 10:23pm On Aug 03, 2009
A_K_O:

A few tips to maximise your battery life if you didn't already know:

- Reduce the brightness of your screen to the barest minimum, especially if you're working at night with no light.

- Avoid using USB devices as much as possible; flash disks, mouses, keyboards, etc.

-Use headphones instead of your speakers

-Google the topic for more tips. tongue smiley
Even if you do all this and you are using a HP Laptop with a 6 cell battery,it will still not surpass the 2 hour mark!
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by lynxnoon(m): 10:52pm On Aug 03, 2009
Double N:

I feel you on that one,HP laptops are a big joke when it comes to battery life.I have a 12 Cell that i bought for my Dv6000 and it still doesn't go beyond the 4hour mark!
my guy o tink u shud tk ur lappy to where u bot it n raise hell cos no 12cell gives less dan 6-7hrs downtimes angry undecided
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by lynxnoon(m): 11:20pm On Aug 03, 2009
as for me i use a hp dv2990nr which is about 8months old n den it runs for about 2.5hrs now it goes for abt 2hrs 10mins on ubuntu n jsut close to 2hrs on windows
i gess d best way to maximize ur batry is to calibrate it 1ce in awhile undecided
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by DoubleN(m): 6:58am On Aug 04, 2009
Double N:

Even if you do all this and you are using a HP Laptop with a 6 cell battery,it will still not surpass the 2 hour mark!
I ordered the battery through Redington and it came brand new.Of cause i complained and voiced my anger but they said nothing can be done since it is brand new,and that is the amount of time i am meant to get on discharge!
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by calmguyj(m): 12:33pm On Aug 04, 2009
Mine used to be less than an hour but check this

Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by netotse(m): 12:48pm On Aug 04, 2009
mine lasts 5 hours(its a 12-cell battery)i ordered it with the computer
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by Vuitton(m): 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2009
Approximately 3 mins embarassed
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by simpsonX: 8:25pm On Aug 04, 2009
Vuitton:

Approximately 3 minsĀ  embarassed

that sounds to me like a desktop without a ups, lol, guy dump that. it doesnt qualify to ba a laptop, lol.
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by bimbor(m): 11:45pm On Aug 04, 2009
My Sony Vaio (less than a year) can only last less than 20mins w/out electricity, i dont even want to buy another battery, i go use am like that till i get tired of d shit
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by DoubleN(m): 11:56pm On Aug 04, 2009
bimbor:

My Sony Vaio (less than a year) can only last less than 20mins w/out electricity, i dont even want to buy another battery, i go use am like that till i get tired of d shit
Just be careful so you don't crash your hard drive in the process.
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by calmguyj(m): 3:05am On Aug 05, 2009
I use a laptop battery doubler & it's serving me so well. Usually my laptop last 45mins but now its close to 4hrs. Just indicate if u are interest to test it out. It does nt ve any effect on your battery. It's a software application developed by experts to give u maximum usage.
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by netotse(m): 11:54am On Aug 05, 2009
y'all seem to have had some funny luck with your batteries o. . .me i got exactly what was advertised(maybe its cos i had mine made directly by HP, cos all these sellers are scammers o). . .my bro was going to buy one and bestbuy showed 4hrs batt life but the reviews showed it'd last for 2!
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by stancozy(m): 11:56am On Aug 05, 2009
As me no get laptop nko? undecided
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by Vuitton(m): 12:08pm On Aug 05, 2009
stancozy:

As me no get laptop nko? undecided

Then excuse yourself from this thread sharply grin

simpsonX:

that sounds to me like a desktop without a ups, lol, guy dump that. it doesnt qualify to ba a laptop, lol.

Men me don sell that friggin nonesense yesterday cheesy At last!! Looking for another. . . . .
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by alhajiy2k(m): 10:10pm On Oct 02, 2009
Mine is Lenovo n it lasts from 25 to 30 mins. I need a way out pls. I bought it last month as a fairly used.
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by alhajiy2k(m): 11:43pm On Oct 02, 2009
Calmguyj, am interested in that software at alhajiy2k@yahoo.com
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by bolalawal(f): 6:52am On Oct 03, 2009
We repair and replace all types of laptop batteries.
Immaculate Technology,
No 155,Last floor,Ostrich Bakery Building,
Taiwo Road,Ilorin,

immaculatetech2000@yahoo.com
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by Delivar(m): 1:26pm On Oct 05, 2009
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by honsule(m): 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2009
Double N:

Guy are u serious?am using DV6500,though the battery is bad after two yrs of usage,the battery last 10 minutes presently.I need ur kind of battery,please recommend where i can get original one.Thankz
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by honsule(m): 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2009
Delivar:

The real truth is, frequent charging and discharging of your laptop battery reduces its life span with time.

what about hibernation and allowing ur battery to completely die down?
Re: How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? by Druss(m): 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2009
3-4 hrs ,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

iPad Air Unveiled By Apple / How Are You Preparing For The Internet Outage On July 9 ? / Useful Tips To Consider Before Buying A Second-hand Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.