Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam (35882 Views)

Nairalander Review Of A32F: Budget Android Oreo Phone With Fingerprint Security / A Nairalander's Review Of Tecno Camon C9 / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by mrlaw93(m): 2:48pm On Apr 11, 2016
Will tecno allow me to add some token to my boomj7 in exchange for this?
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Philomath1212: 2:48pm On Apr 11, 2016
Op bet why now...
It shouldn't be you...
Or are you related to Lying Muhammed

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Cliveglobal1(m): 2:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
BluePearls:

Which features? There are quite a number of phones out there with better Specs and features, maybe same price or slightly higher smiley
Can you please mention One Device that has Same Features with this Boom J8 and It's Cheaper?

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by MaryWest(f): 2:51pm On Apr 11, 2016
Oh well. nice camera output.
and battery life apparently.

seems to me like this phone is meant to appeal more to females.

To those saying that the phone is pricey...
come on..

Tecno does advertising, and endorsements alot.
That's why most stuff we use that are popular seem expensive.

ever wonder why a 500 ml morning fresh costs about 350 while it's homemade counterpart costs lesser?

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Realone92(m): 2:51pm On Apr 11, 2016
My love for iPhone is indelible " nice info"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by mcpapillo(m): 2:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nsonaso:

Op you see your life? Always say the truth and shame the devil
Your data is off, WiFi is off and power saving is ON. And your battery is at 59% and you only have 6hrs 45m power left and you put up all those hip on the battery
Check mine and see the real deal. Indeed EMPTY Cartoon make the loudest noise keep it up

Which fone is this bruv ?
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by yakflowz(m): 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
How good is the front camera? I don't joke with selfies grin
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
I'm wondering why nobody is saying shìt about tecno releasing a supposed flagship phone at the rate of 41k but based on an old OS. This device was debuted not long ago but it's on Lollipop and Mashmallow has been out there for 6 months plus.

Are Nigerians just in love with mediocreties or what?

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by MaryWest(f): 2:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
mrlaw93:
Will tecno allow me to add some token to my boomj7 in exchange for this?

A visit to 3c hub in Ikeja will clear your doubt.
or you can ask carlcaresophia
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by authority007: 2:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
Whr is d picture of d fone now
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by cherry007(f): 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
Abeg borrow me the phone use small make I no if na true.Thank God I need a change of phonewink
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by blaquemyc: 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nsonaso:

Bro you will even get the same spec or better spec at cheaper price.
guy, abeg wetin be the name of that your phone and how much you buy am. I'm impressed by the battery
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by blaquemyc: 2:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nsonaso:
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by blaquemyc: 2:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nsonaso:
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Cliveglobal1(m): 3:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
ollah1:
I'm wondering why nobody is saying shìt about tecno releasing a supposed flagship phone at the rate of 41k but based on an old OS. This device was debuted not long ago but it's on Lollipop and Mashmallow has been out there for 6 months plus.

The Phone is not running on an old OS, Infact it introduced the new HIOS which bears the Hi Manager with Incredible Features.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by MaryWest(f): 3:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
ollah1:

I hate that I have had to drop more than 2 comments on one thread already.
not my thing.

but posts like this surprise me.

are you aware that it is updateable to marshmallow 6.0?

Do you know that there is a new user interface call HiOS which has never featured on any Tecno device?
is that not enough to qualify it for a flagship smartphone?

that you are not a fan of a device does not mean you should put it down, except you are being paid to do so.

It smirks of mischief that of all the cool features OP wrote about in his experience, this is the one lame excuse you could come up with to claim the phone is not good enough.

I cannot afford the phone now, even though I really like it. stop sounding like a broke arse pls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Marvell23(m): 3:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
seems the camera is really dope,
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
Cliveglobal1:

The Phone is not running on an old OS, Infact it introduced the new HIOS which bears the Hi Manager with Incredible Features.

If Lollipop isn't an old OS, then what is it?? Lol, you considered HIOS as an OS? Tecno has really messed up things for some people

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
MaryWest:

I hate that I have had to drop more than 2 comments on one thread already.
not my thing.

but posts like this surprise me.

are you aware that it is updateable to marshmallow 6.0?

Do you know that there is a new user interface call HiOS which has never featured on any Tecno device?

that you are not a fan of a device does not mean you should put it down, except you are being paid to do so.

It smirks of mischief that of all the cool features OP wrote about in his experience, this is the one lame excuse you could come up with to claim the phone is not good enough.

I cannot afford the phone now, even though I really like it. stop sounding like a broke arse pls.

Name one tecno device( I mean one) that has been updated to a new OS?

How can a "flapship" phone debut in 2016 with a yr and half old OS (Lollipop) when a new OS has been available for over six months?

What does criticising a phone from logical view has to do with ones financial status? I'll pretend I didn't see that

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by BustScam: 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2016
akashi01:
Bustscam i think Nsonaso just finished you and your marketing strategy tho....Please compare and say something reasonable please.

What do you mean by marketing strategy? undecided

How is a review a marketing strategy? Also, he posted a picture of his battery life while I posted mine!

What is the Battery capacity of that phone he posted?

Also, there are so many phones which last beyond 1 day sef, what's the fuss about his edited picture!

I posted about an experience, I have not come here to argue abeg
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by blaquemyc: 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
lollipop is so old school, the phone should have debuted with android 6.0 thereby ensuring that it's owners are sure of getting updates to android N and O when they roll out respectively

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by ColtPython(m): 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2016
Tecno is a no no for me these days... embarassed

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Nwokoji1: 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
ShiroSan:

Wait, you seriously believe he took such high quality photos with J8?
Proof or you all need your heads washed with Sapele early morning water.

LOL, The Boom J8 Boasts of a Very Good 13MP Camera, And judging from the Pix Above, I think it's from the Phone.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by bendovex: 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
useless battery life.
with that much juice on ur battery and you still get a paltry 6 hours left?. Damn! that battery is really shit.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by ifyeez: 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
Can't waste my money on techno mobile, when iPhone isnt out of market. Once u try a perfect device, no going back to Chinese poo.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by mattyboy007(m): 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
Well amma not a tecno fan.. anytin from dem na cinko to me.. #myopinion#

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by MaryWest(f): 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
ollah1:

Name one tecno device( I mean one) that has been updated to a new OS?

How can a "flapship" phone debut in 2016 with a yr and half old OS (Lollipop) when a new OS has been available for over six months?

Mr man, are you in the company's shoes?
Do you know why they choose to integrate a Lolipop OS with their latest interface?
Do you know whether they stepped down on 6.0 due to affordability issues?

is there room for them to do better?

are you aware that there was a J7 before J8 and that both devices are world apart in terms specifications and features?

is there any 6.0 phone in the market from a known brand (and by known brand, I mean a company that spends heavily in advertising) that goes for 60k or below?
please introduce to me.

Did you see where I wrote this

counter my assertions and inferences intelligently or forever hold ur piss angry
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by winnijaf(f): 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
authority007:
Whr is d picture of d fone now

I think you ou can Check Www.bbs.tecno-mobile.com to see the phone and know about it. Someone referred me there.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Naijabams(m): 3:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
That price though hmmm still waiting for when it wil be 30k sad
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Cliveglobal1(m): 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
ollah1:

If Lollipop isn't an old OS, then what is it?? Lol, you considered HIOS as an OS? Tecno has really messed up things for some people

You're wrong. Just say you don't like the Products and move on instead of always trying to bring the Phone down. If the HIOS is not an Operational OS? Then what is it? Cant you see up there that's it's Upgradeable to the marshmallow 6.0?
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Chuksteric(m): 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
Been using mine since 7am still have 30% .... Stop listening to this anti tecno fans and get yourself one.... The camera is worth dying for too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by BolajiChang: 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
I seriously concur with this guy, if it were to be a Samsung phone. It would be way costly
Nwokoji1:
The Good thing about this Phone is that High - Tech Phones with Amazing Features are Now Affordable for all, Initially we're supposed to Pay Heavily for a Phone with such Fantastic Features, But now we can get Good phones for Less that 50k.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Sowore: Elon Musk Smokes Weed On Live Show. (PHOTOS) / My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / 5 Android Phones With 21MP Shooter For Camera Freaks This December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.