Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment (6869 Views)

Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics / Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb / Nine Courses That Can Make You Cry In Nigerian University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by movicy(m): 12:19pm On Apr 11, 2016
unemployment is no more a news here in Nigeria, so I collate the best 6 courses you can study which will absolutely give you opportunity of self establishment after graduating

oya Lee go

(6) Education
it can definitely make you smile at end. You can organise tutorial lessons for those jambites and waec student when you can't buy yourself into government or private own school and you will be making your cool cash

(5) Engineering
shout out to the engine Niqqas, una definitely make the list
5yrs in school is not Easy but it's an opportunity to the engineering field. you guys are well equipped and trained
those calculations... hmm
studying engineering can be frustrating while in school but advantage aftermath, you guys are employers
you can set up things In d face of unemployment
I loud una dexterity

(4) Home Economics
lol....many will surely antagonise this as not to have make the list but it will, even ahead of engineering
you can employ yourself by engaging in
*interior and exterior decoration
*guidance and counselling
*catering and nd hotel services
*nutrition and die tics
*fashion and design and many more

(3) Medicine/health
though there are employment opportunities in these field but can still stand firm even when the job is no more coming
medical field is very tough and it's apparently the most competitive course to study in Nigeria
I still stand on my point; you can hardly find a poor medicine graduate., they are highly respected
the profession is just too cool and the best

(2) architecture and Estate management
very pragmatic and feasible .you can hardly find an architect submitting Cv here and there. They are well equipped and loaded
they make millions in their self established firm. when others are complaining of No job ; they create one and employ others

*(1) Agriculture
if not the most underrated it's still one of the most unguarded course, very prone to abuse
some people even argue it's not worth studying, why ?
many people are ignorant of what the course entails. many will define it as study of farming, it's more wide and broad to be tagged as farming alone
there are enormous fields under this profession. e.g
Metrologist,environmental,nutritionist, soil scientist, researcher,economist and many more
the course is practicable and feasible, you can at least be your own boss with a certificate of b.agric
you can engage agricultural business; it's very lucrative
*poultry ,agro-consultancy , fisheries, marketers
you can even venture into food supply and packaging

you are free to add yours

3 Likes

Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 11, 2016
confirm... Especially Agriculture .. all you need is a good capital and Viola!!! .. you'll be making ya cool cash

1 Like

Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by babyfaceafrica: 1:44pm On Apr 11, 2016
The only ones I agree with are medicine and architecture..the rest no sure at all.....na 15k dem dey collect for primary school

1 Like

Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by Roidatom(m): 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
Architecture is a def.
Recently, Computer programming and ICT.
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by movicy(m): 5:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
The only ones I agree with are medicine and architecture..the rest no sure at all.....na 15k dem dey collect for primary school
but I am saying of self establishment not the employability
how well they can fit and chest best if income creations not wage earnings
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by dew1: 6:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
Lemme reserve this plot first...
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by Idydarling(f): 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
spoken like a typical Nigerian, oga go to major secondary schools across the country, my aunt who's a govt teacher is receiving 147 thousand per month as only a vp in a sec skul.... major schools are paying close to 370 thousand a month, you're here brandishing ur mouth, better wipe it now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by OmichaelO: 7:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
Idydarling:

spoken like a typical Nigerian, oga go to major secondary schools across the country, my aunt who's a govt teacher is receiving 147 thousand per month as only a vp in a sec skul.... major schools are paying close to 370 thousand a month, you're here brandishing ur mouth, better wipe it now.
Biko, Help me tell him oo. though it will take while to get there, but it will eventually pay off on the long run.
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by chiefololade: 9:12pm On Apr 11, 2016
You're not far from the truth bro, the list is precise and accurate
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by encryptjay(m): 9:19pm On Apr 11, 2016
Agric is one course that people in this country look down on but it actually pays, ask poultry farmers and those into fishery.
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by KPhantom(m): 9:34pm On Apr 11, 2016
OP, tell them oo... #Team Agric...
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by DOUBLEWAHALA: 9:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
Op ur trend is 100percent SURE

Betie d Agriculture of a tin is no no to most graduate

Op where do u expect a newly graduated fella to get found to start up

LOAN?? Das no no,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no go area
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by movicy(m): 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
DOUBLEWAHALA:

agric Is very cheap that you can start with just 10000
you can buy 2 day old turkey or chicken,rabbits and many more
it's typically the most cheapest business you can engage in

1 Like

Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by KPhantom(m): 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
DOUBLEWAHALA:

A very serious minded Agripreneur will be able to start small and grow big... U dnt need millions to start small.. I started my first poultry business at 18 with a capital of N16K(bought 30 birds). So Agric is a yes ye yes for me... When my frnd went to college of agriculture, alot of ppl laughed at him, but he graduated, and he was offered little capital to start up, and he's doing fine now!
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by KPhantom(m): 9:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
movicy:
agric Is very cheap that you can start with just 10000
you can buy 2 day old turkey or chicken,rabbits and many more
it's typically the most cheapest business you can engage in
You spoke my mind bro... Just Imagine, studying Agric as a course with a very gud result, u can imagine whats achievable... U can either branch into the cooperate world (ministry of agric, consultancy, managing large farms, food production, chai.... or just delve into farming straight up, the opportunities r just too much)

1 Like

Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by Shittaakeem(m): 10:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
Op what about surveying & geoinformatics
you know you guys can't do without us when it comes to anything involving land.
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by movicy(m): 10:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
Shittaakeem:
Op what about surveying & geoinformatics
it's still under architecture
all environmental is included
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by babyfaceafrica: 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
Idydarling:

respect yourself please...

2 Likes

Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by Harry4cas(m): 11:33pm On Apr 11, 2016
STATISTICS SHOULD BE THERE
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by kachi10000(m): 12:01am On Apr 12, 2016
am surprised u guyz r forgetting accountancy.... men dah course goes everywhere, works anywhere in this country
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by fawaz050(m): 12:29am On Apr 12, 2016
OP is right,all those courses u listed doesnt need u submitting your C.V here and there..some people are misinterpreting OP..self establishment is different from employability
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by rammer87: 1:00am On Apr 12, 2016
if you want to order for our product you can give us a call or visit pharmworldng blog.

Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by movicy(m): 6:36am On Apr 12, 2016
kachi10000:
am surprised u guyz r forgetting accountancy.... men dah course goes everywhere, works anywhere in this country
sowi dear.. accountancy can't make the list and will never . its a good course though and it's highly marketable in job hunting but please read through the topic and c y accounting can not make it here
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by movicy(m): 6:38am On Apr 12, 2016
Harry4cas:
STATISTICS SHOULD BE THERE
maybe if it can complete top 10. but the list end in top 6
u can add yours
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by ademasta(m): 6:49am On Apr 12, 2016
Your opinion sha... Proudly an Engineer
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by Noobshakur(m): 7:58am On Apr 12, 2016
my brother, you are a Farmer.
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by Donnetimmy(m): 8:11am On Apr 12, 2016
Law should be on that list, there are many things you can do with a law degree
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by IAmOged(f): 8:25am On Apr 12, 2016
If u are nt the patience type u cant venture into agriculture cos it take alot of time and energy before u start seeing yields.
for example cocoa, u will have to wait for about 3-year b4 u start getting yield,so b4 den wait u go dey chop, open mouth wide into air?

1 Like

Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by movicy(m): 8:41am On Apr 12, 2016
Noobshakur:
my brother, you are a Farmer.
lmao. . you can be a farmer too, it's not only when you study agriculture. its just that sm1 that study it will have more knowledge In it.
Bro you can be a farmer too
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by movicy(m): 8:46am On Apr 12, 2016
Donnetimmy:
Law should be on that list, there are many things you can do with a law degree
law ke ? maybe if the list will be up to top 20
law have loose it. law firms are filled up and placements have shrink
and it seems most of their graduates lack dexterity
law is one of the career where their graduate look for job. I wonder maybe they can't even create sth
Re: University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment by movicy(m): 8:59am On Apr 12, 2016
IAmOged:
If u are nt the patience type u cant venture into agriculture cos it take alot of time and energy before u start seeing yields.
for example cocoa, u will have to wait for about 3-year b4 u start getting yield,so b4 den wait u go dey chop, open mouth wide into air?
you have nail it Bro, but no be only cocoa they agro-sector. There are some crops that yield harvest within 3months.
will you believe that only cucumber plantation can turn you millionaire overnight?
The most fascinating of agriculture is that you may not need to be a graduate of the department b4 you go into it, unemployment have hit us hard and the only surviving means is to revert to agric and it's the only means for poverty eradication
I have met a computer science graduate who now package garri from West to north and many more
we call all unemployed to please go to farm

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Announces Emmaniel Famu As LASU's Acting Registrar / Another Esut Admission List Is Out For 2011/2012 Applicants / JAMB Results 2019/2020 Is Out | JAMB Results Checker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.