Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,684 members, 7,801,967 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

The Smva. . . A Flop? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Smva. . . A Flop? (1070 Views)

Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! / Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Smva. . . A Flop? by showbobo(m): 10:51am On Aug 02, 2009
I was at the SMVA lastnight and i must say it was a flop. . . . The only american artist that performed was MIMS and even most of the artists that won awards didnt turn up for their awards. . . . Is SMVA this insignificant or were the artists the ones feeling too pompous to turn up for the show? . . The oceanview schduled for the awards wasnt a good option as well with no adequate seats for people,it was stuffy and overcrowded. . . . Alot really happened lastnight that degraded the awards but i hope they improve anyway. . . . Was anyone there as well??Your views
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by ofokasibe: 11:57am On Aug 02, 2009
who were the winners .?? who won best hiphop video? , plus did 50 cent come ?
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by tosinaded(m): 12:04pm On Aug 02, 2009
2face's performance was d best
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by luvhenry(m): 12:06pm On Aug 02, 2009
Pls who won best female and best choreography?
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by eleshin(m): 12:15pm On Aug 02, 2009
tosin wats up?,can you pls post the winners of the various categories.i will also like to know more about the 2face performance.
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by luvhenry(m): 12:26pm On Aug 02, 2009
I'v googled my life out 2day, yet no info on d smva yet. Its terrible oh. Even a whole soundcity tv could not shw us ordinary red carpet talk less of d show wat a shame. N dey kept on tellin us 2 vote wen dey knew thex were not gon shw it. Pls lets knw d winneRs
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by bankhead(m): 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2009
guys,2face performance was the bomb, and Mr incredible Mi was certain at in his zones also,he rapped over instrumentals played by a live band.Mo hits was in the building,they got 2 awards, 2face also bagged 2,bigiano shayo master also bagged a double,
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2009
Was that the show people were suppose to pay 9k for?
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by obinna5000(m): 10:55pm On Aug 02, 2009
2009 Sound City Music Awards winners

Best Male Video
• Naeto C – Kini Big Deal

Best Female Video
• TY Bello – Ekundayo

Best Choreography
• P-Square – Roll It

Best Special Effect Editing
• Dipp – Dangerous

Best Cinematography
• Bigiano – Shayo

Best Hip Hop
• Str8buttah – Last Standing

Best R&B or Pop Video
• Darey - Not the girl

Best Duo/Group Video
• P-Square – Roll It

Best Collaboration in a Music Video
• Tuface Idibia ft. Sound Sultan – Enter The Place

Soundcity Viewers Choice
• Bigiano – Shayo

Soundcity Fresh Video
• Steel – South African Girl

Discovery of the year
• Kel - Waa Wa Alright

Hit Producer of the Year (as used in a music video)
• “Suddenly” by D’banj (Don Jazzy)

African Video of the Year
• 340ML (Mozambique)

Best Video
• Tuface - Enter The Place

http://www.museke.com/en/node/3850
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by mbulela: 12:09am On Aug 03, 2009
how can enter the place win the best video award when the collaborator was not present in the video??
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by las240s(m): 2:41am On Aug 03, 2009
@showbobo what more do u want from an award ceremony and how many of the winners dint show up i think twas only kel p square and the guy from mozambqie that dint show up,haba u guys just critise things just because it doesnt go ur own way haba pls go get a life and pls naira landers just end it here dont promote this thread cos i do respect wat we call opinion but this is wat ill call sentiment and it's because this showbobo will not beliv that he s in 9ja guess he was expecting to see a BET awards setting at the SMVA,4 me i was at the awards and everything was on point though u cant  score it a 100% but pls wait to see it play back on TV i promise u ll rate it 93% which is not bad.
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by Nobody: 3:13am On Aug 03, 2009
I think it was nice, just that they could have thought of a better venue
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by eleshin(m): 3:30pm On Aug 03, 2009
mbulela:

how can enter the place win the best video award when the collaborator was not present in the video??
hating as usual,dont you wanna see or hear anything good about 2face?
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by tosinaded(m): 3:41pm On Aug 03, 2009
mbulela:

wut an excuse grin
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by dammiecool(m): 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2009
den no gree make tuface lap sound sultan 4 inside plane grin cheesy
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by eleshin(m): 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2009
you need to be extremely brilliant b4 you can criticise,some nlanders bliv criticism is what you do without applying a little form of logic.because the featured artist was not in ONE location out of the locations used for the video now,the video does not worth the award.guy ur thinking is faulty,you can do better if you can contribute with less prejudice.
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by darequam(m): 6:18pm On Aug 03, 2009
Yeee!!!! Horseman de press Control P O!
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:49pm On Aug 03, 2009
err. . .peoples any links or pics pls?? undecided
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by mbulela: 5:19am On Aug 04, 2009
eleshin:

[b]you need to be extremely brilliant b4 you can criticise,some nlanders bliv criticism is what you do without applying a little form of logic.because the featured artist was not in ONE location out of the locations used for the video now,the video does not worth the award.guy ur thinking is faulty,you can do better if you can contribute with less prejudice.
[/b]
did you have to type that in bold?or are you just trying to attract attention?
since you criticise properly, the deduction will be that you are a extremely intelligent?
I simply showed up a fault in the video and in my opinion, it limited the flow of the video.
their is no fault in that view and opinion.
seeing faults in differing opinions simply because they do not tally with yours is simply myopic.
less prejudice??
i wonder how you arrived at that conclusion.
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by baslone: 10:35pm On Aug 04, 2009
You don't have to wonder, you were completely off point.
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by mbulela: 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2009
you are off point.
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by showbobo(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2009
las240s:

@showbobo what more do u want from an award ceremony and how many of the winners dint show up i think twas only kel p square and the guy from mozambqie that dint show up,haba u guys just critise things just because it doesnt go ur own way haba pls go get a life and pls naira landers just end it here dont promote this thread cos i do respect wat we call opinion but this is wat ill call sentiment and it's because this showbobo will not beliv that he s in 9ja guess he was expecting to see a BET awards setting at the SMVA,4 me i was at the awards and everything was on point though u cant score it a 100% but pls wait to see it play back on TV i promise u ll rate it 93% which is not bad.
It baffles me less seeing this from a deranged nincompoop like you. . . . . . Everyone has the right to be stupid but u're abusing the privelege. . . Now tell me,did[b] TY BELLO show up??KEL??OLU MAINTAIN??NAETO C??P SQUARE??50 CENT??340ML??. [/b] . . infact the list is endless compared to what they promised. . . . . You seem kinda running low on IQ or maybe u dont even possess at all. . . . The venue for the awards was a mess itself,no ventilation,less seats,e.t.c. . . . . As for me,with the level of other awards that have been held in this Lasgidi lately i'll rate this 2/10. . . chikena
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by shadyBaba: 3:12pm On Aug 05, 2009
dammiecool:

den no gree make tuface lap sound sultan 4 inside plane grin cheesy

that explains it.
Re: The Smva. . . A Flop? by eleshin(m): 1:04am On Aug 06, 2009
mbulela:

did you have to type that in bold?or are you just trying to attract attention?
since you criticise properly, the deduction will be that you are a extremely intelligent?
I simply showed up a fault in the video and in my opinion, it limited the flow of the video.
their is no fault in that view and opinion.
seeing faults in differing opinions simply because they do not tally with yours is simply myopic.
less prejudice??
i wonder how you arrived at that conclusion.

[b]is 2face video the only video that won award that night? how come he was the only one that mr mbulela is intelligent enuff to show its fault?. and ur so called fault is not enuff reason not to win an award.meanwhile,i dnt need attention on nland this is my own stylee.

(1) (Reply)

2face Copy Christ Brown His New Album / The Eminem-maria Carey Diss / Terry G Insults Rapper M.I Over ‘Akpako’ Song Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.