Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB (21135 Views)

Femi Adesina: When Petrol Went To N145 Under PMB, Nigerians Held Their Peace / "Buhari Will Shock Nigerians"- Tam David-West, Ex Minister Of Petroleum & Energy / I Never Said Fuel Scarcity Will End By April 7th - Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by hylyne(m): 2:21pm On Apr 12, 2016
snthesis:
I never said petrol will sell for N40 per litre under Buhari – David-West
By Sylvester Ugwuanyi on April 11, 2016

David-West1
A former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Prof Tam David-West who served when Muhammadu Buhari was the Head of State, has denied saying that President Buhari will crash the price of petrol to N40 per litre, regretting that he must have been misquoted.

This was as he stressed that it was shameful that Nigeria is still involved in importation of petroleum products despite having four refineries capable of meeting the energy needs of the country. He insisted that there is nothing wrong with the nation’s refineries.

The Professor of Virology who spoke to Daily Sun in a telephone interview at the weekend, clarified that he only canvassed the removal of some 14 items currently listed in the petrol pricing template as that which would help crash petrol price to N40.

[flash]http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/11/i-never-said-petrol-will-sell-for-n40-per-litre-under-buhari-david-west/[/flash]

Prof of Virology, solving problems in Petroleum.....

Why didn't I read your articles during Ebola disease.

1 Like

Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by VictorEkwere: 2:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
This is insane taking Nigerians for granted by making fake promises may God judge you for the pains you cause us.
Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by naija247: 3:01pm On Apr 12, 2016
See this one, why you no deny am since?
Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
You did, here's the link
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buharill-reduce-petrol-to-n40l-david-west/

snthesis:

David-West1
A former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Prof Tam David-West who served when Muhammadu Buhari was the Head of State, has denied saying that President Buhari will crash the price of petrol to N40 per litre, regretting that he must have been misquoted.

This was as he stressed that it was shameful that Nigeria is still involved in importation of petroleum products despite having four refineries capable of meeting the energy needs of the country. He insisted that there is nothing wrong with the nation’s refineries.

The Professor of Virology who spoke to Daily Sun in a telephone interview at the weekend, clarified that he only canvassed the removal of some 14 items currently listed in the petrol pricing template as that which would help crash petrol price to N40.

[flash]http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/11/i-never-said-petrol-will-sell-for-n40-per-litre-under-buhari-david-west/[/flash]
Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by excel101(m): 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
snthesis:

David-West1

We'll definitely know the truth when the interview you made tot statement is replayed. Cos photo no dey lie
Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by lailo: 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2016
Dnt mind them professor.Same way wailers misquoted Buhari dat he said "I will make I dollar equal I naira" and dat "baboon will soak in blood if he lost an election".Till today we can't see d video or tape record of where he said so.But we can show them where Jonathan on public TV called Patrick Sawyer a mad man.Also said "how much did Nwobodo stole grin".And also confirmed on TV dat PDP=Bokoharam has infiltrated his government.
Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by excel101(m): 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2016
searchng4love:
he said it.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buharill-reduce-petrol-to-n40l-david-west/

FORMER Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Prof. Tamunoemi David-West, said that Nigerians should expect sharp drop in petrol price from the current N87 to about N40 per litre, saying, “the president-elect, Gen. Mohammed Buhari, will reduce the fuel pump price to N40 per litre.

In a telephone interview with Vanguard, the former minister argued that Nigeria produces millions of barrels of crude oil daily, and if properly harnessed will boost the performance of the industry. His words: “I want to assure you that by the time he takes over, petrol will be dispensed at N40 per litre. This is possible and he has the credibility to make it work.

The major assignment of the president-elect when he is eventually inaugurated is to restore confidence to the industry. He noted that the president-elect is familiar with the petroleum industry, adding that he is a straight forward person that has respect for democratic principles. “As military head of state, he dealt with the Federal Executive Council with the tenets of democracy. Buhari will build new refineries to make petroleum products available for the masses.

No responsible government will allow the masses to suffer. “He will strengthen the refineries within a year. It is possible as we won’t spend any amount in setting up a green field refinery. We already have a blueprint as we shall use what we have to get what we want,” he added. He further stated that on many occasions, the president – elect had disclosed that the subsidy initiative is a fraud which has distorted the progress expected in the sector.

He is also said to have frowned at the spate of corruption, which has characterised the subsidy regime to include the trillions of Naira spent on both Petrol and Kerosene subsidy within the past few years, thus inhibiting efforts to properly carry-out the Turn Around Maintenance TAM, for the refineries. He added that on countless occasions, he had argued that the country is forced to pay for scam carried out by oil cartel.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buharill-reduce-petrol-to-n40l-david-west/
He's talking as if he is the president. I'm sure this man doesn't know what he was saying then. Old age fever
Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by Truckpusher(m): 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2016
Caseless:
He didn't say it.
This is what you've degenerated to?
Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by excel101(m): 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
Caseless:
we don't lie in apc.
Does the name LAI MUHAMMED meant anything to you?

1 Like

Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by hijodedios: 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
And the denying game continuessssss................now who is gonna do the next denial?
Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by searchng4love: 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2016
he must pay 4 it.

excel101:
He's talking as if he is the president. I'm sure this man doesn't know what he was saying then. Old age fever
Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2016
Sir you did not say it, we imagined it. Ewu Gambia
Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by anonimi: 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
yinkslinks:
In 2days will make a year he said that, and he denied saying it. wow happy lie day grin grin grin grin grin

Maybe April Fools day came two weeks later for the Prof. grin grin
Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by Caseless: 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2016
Truckpusher:
This is what you've degenerated to?
yes na!

Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by preselect(m): 7:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
[size=13pt]at this age someone is lying. . . . they should all hide their head in shame. Old man lying publicly and shamelessly. If I insult him now people would say elders should not be insulted, how do you reconcile that with an elder lying openly? or is it that he has forgotten what he said recently?perhaps we are dealing with alzheimer's disease then.
nonsense!!!
Arrant Nonsense!! angry angry angry angry

where is Rv Fr Mbaka? when will he come to refute the past? [/size]

#MenOfNoIntegrity.

Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by Truckpusher(m): 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2016
Caseless:
yes na!
grin grin smh
Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by CaptPlanet(m): 10:24pm On Apr 12, 2016
Thunder!
Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
idupaul:
These old men clearly look at the rest Nigerians as fools that's why could lie and lie during campaign just to get to power
The Igbos never fell for their lies. Neither did the Niger Deltans!

1 Like

Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by Caseless: 9:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
Truckpusher:
grin grin smh
grin grin bros e no easy to de ruling party. We de hear am.

Long time....
Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by searchng4love: 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
Caseless:
grin grin bros e no easy to de ruling party. We de hear am.
Long time....

I only came to read this.
Re: Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB by Caseless: 6:44am On Apr 14, 2016
searchng4love:

I only came to read this.
undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ / Election: TUC Adopts Peter Obi As Presidential Candidate / Atiku Also Used Fake Pry., Secondary Sch. Certificates To Run For President -BAT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.