Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu (37960 Views)

Semi Detached Six Bedroom Duplex At Bodija Ibadan For Rent / Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. / Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 9:29am On May 23, 2016
More updates

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by NL1960: 11:15am On May 23, 2016
podosci:
Work has come to halt this morning because the supervisors on ground have been unable to get clarrification and authorization from the supervisor in lagos for the purchase of materials ( Wood, nails, blocks).
Hopefully the clarrification and authorization would come intime for work to continue today.

I hope the supervisor in Lagos is also not waiting to get clarification and authorization from the supervisor in obodo oyibo before the materials are finally bought?. wink

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by NL1960: 11:15am On May 23, 2016
abdulwastecx:
Upper floor block work

Can block work for the upper deck be done when the curing is not yet 28 days?.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 11:31am On May 23, 2016
NL1960:

Can block work for the upper deck be done when the curing is not yet 28 days?.

Yes, since the suffice and bamboo pole supporting the decking still remains

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by darchiplanhomes(m): 12:07pm On May 25, 2016
podosci:
Work has come to halt this morning because the supervisors on ground have been unable to get clarrification and authorization from the supervisor in lagos for the purchase of materials ( Wood, nails, blocks).
Hopefully the clarrification and authorization would come intime for work to continue today.
When i spoke on phone with my client during the design of this building you are constructing, he made a comment i hold on to. In his words "WE CAN ONLY REBUILD NIGERIA BY TRUSTING EACH OTHER" I didn't meet him in person till date. Its all via nairaland. I believe so many have done designs without meeting the client for once. Currently am doing a turnkey project of a family house(a kind of two semi-detached duplex) in Abia State for a nairalander abroad. Materials and labour are all mine but there are still layers of supervisors/monitoring spirits placed openly and secretly whom i carry along even when all the money is "breathing" in my account l. I understand why it is so. First i havent met this guy before and its an online thing so trust is an issue. If i come down to Owerri for weekend i receive call from abroad saying "i learnt you are not in the site" but i give reasons that will justify my absence and also assure him am not running away with his money. What am i saying, my brother its an honour and previllege plus favour from God to have someone who doesnt know you, who probably has a closer friend that does what you do give you a job whether it is labour or purchase of materials and labour. Whatever be the friction in the relationship which should be serviced by trust should not reflect in your tone of reporting the progress of the project. Try as much as possible to manage the relationship as it may not end with this project. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 12:21pm On May 25, 2016
darchiplanhomes:
When i spoke on phone with my client during the design of this building you are constructing, he made a comment i hold on to. In his words "WE CAN ONLY REBUILD NIGERIA BY TRUSTING EACH OTHER" I didn't meet him in person till date. Its all via nairaland. I believe so many have done designs without meeting the client for once. Currently am doing a turnkey project of a family house(a kind of two semi-detached duplex) in Abia State for a nairalander abroad. Materials and labour are all mine but there are still layers of supervisors/monitoring spirits placed openly and secretly whom i carry along even when all the money is "breathing" in my account l. I understand why it is so. First i havent met this guy before and its an online thing so trust is an issue. If i come down to Owerri for weekend i receive call from abroad saying "i learnt you are not in the site" but i give reasons that will justify my absence and also assure him am not running away with his money. What am i saying, my brother its an honour and previllege plus favour from God to have someone who doesnt know you, who probably has a closer friend that does what you do give you a job whether it is labour or purchase of materials and labour. Whatever be the friction in the relationship which should be serviced by trust should not reflect in your tone of reporting the progress of the project. Try as much as possible to manage the relationship as it may not end with this project. Thanks

You don't know what we are going in this project.
Check all other job I am doing here and get feedback from people I have deal with in the past. I work to prescription, tirelessly and do everything possible to get the best job done, but sometimes you just have to voice out.

A contract is an agreement and not a favor, we thank all our clients and accord all the respect of this world to them but when they continously disrespect, refuse to honor agreements and belive they are doing a favor.. . We just have to move on.

To set the record straight, we offer building services and got paid, if conditions are not OK to offer such service we have the right to speak for redreses and ultimately terminate such agreements

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by darchiplanhomes(m): 1:43pm On May 25, 2016
abdulwastecx:

You don't know what we are going in this project.
Check all other job I am doing here and get feedback from people I have deal with in the past. I work to prescription, tirelessly and do everything possible to get the best job done, but sometimes you just have to voice out.

A contract is an agreement and not a favor, we thank all our clients and accord all the respect of this world to them but when they continously disrespect, refuse to honor agreements and belive they are doing a favor.. . We just have to move on.

To set the record straight, we offer building services and got paid, if conditions are not OK to offer such service we have the right to speak for redreses and ultimately terminate such agreements
I don't know your religious inclination. I said favour from God not client
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 1:58pm On May 25, 2016
darchiplanhomes:
I don't know your religious inclination. I said favour from God not client

Ok sir...Noted
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by podosci(m): 2:22pm On May 25, 2016
darchiplanhomes:

The trust issue should be thrown around betwen the client and his supervisors incharge of material procurement. We are only incharg of supervision and workmanship which was pre-agreed from foundation to roof before commencement.We are 100% sure of the Quality of Job we can do based on our Educational background in Civil Engineering(second class ipper division and 1st class honours Bsc,Futminna) and prior experince.The client supervisors on ground can attest to the quanlity job being delivered.
Since their is a Project manager/procurement officer with responsibilities of material procurement and general Project manageing, i am compelled to point out gray areas and advice on how to make the process more effective because any lapses on his part affect my abilities to carry out my contractual responsibilities.
You can classify it has friction in the relationship but without friction your pile foundation would never hold.

Back to the project. We resumed work yesterday morning after the brief delay we are on course to finish the lintel today.The weather is not on our side but hopefully we finish up today.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by NL1960: 3:13pm On May 25, 2016
darchiplanhomes:

I think you somehow missed the point these guys were making. The project you are handling is different because you are the one in charge of both materials and labour which means if there is a delay, it is you that is delaying. In a situation whereby 'several' other people are supplying materials and labour and there is delay, it will no longer be the fault of the builder. If the builder does not say the challenges he is going through, he might be blamed. So, he had to voice out if secret voicing out is not working. When i was handling my project, my brother was the interface and supplier of materials. The Builder supplied labour. If my brother does not do his side, the builder has access to me and if the builder does not do his own side, my brother tells me. Even though my dad and mum were at home, i never got them involved because the layers will be too many.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 6:12pm On May 25, 2016
First floor columns and lintel work

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 6:15pm On May 25, 2016
More updates

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 6:38pm On May 25, 2016
More

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by mufutau55(m): 6:57pm On May 25, 2016
@Podosci... you need coconut oil for that head to make it shine more o. smiley

Hajji M.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by podosci(m): 7:09pm On May 25, 2016
mufutau55:
@Podosci... you need coconut oil for that head to make it shine more o. smiley

Hajji M.

Oga sir, My wife just dey complain say i don black finish
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 7:23pm On May 25, 2016
podosci:

Oga sir, My wife just dey complain say i don black finish

Why she no go complain when you come dey do '' molo' like one old man... .. Abeg come make we play fifa abeg

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by danny34(m): 9:31pm On May 25, 2016
042 Is our base..... check my signature for the best quality touch....
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 9:28pm On May 26, 2016
Work updates

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 9:30pm On May 26, 2016
More updates

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by property123: 5:34pm On May 27, 2016
See properties for sell @ [size=24pt][url]enugurealestatebiz..com[/url][/size]

Call us today +234 09090999778
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 10:19am On May 28, 2016
More lintel and final block work updates

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by Miscellaneous(m): 3:52pm On May 28, 2016
abdulwastecx:
More head course updates

the headcourse look like beams. Are they made of blocks? What are their functions ?
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by Miscellaneous(m): 3:55pm On May 28, 2016
abdulwastecx:
First floor columns and lintel work

why are u reinforcing lintels? Is that how it is done normally? Even, I saw shear links... why ?
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by podosci(m): 4:12pm On May 28, 2016
Miscellaneous:

why are u reinforcing lintels? Is that how it is done normally? Even, I saw shear links... why ?
A lintel is an element used to span over openings like doors and windoows with the main fucntion of carrying the blockwork above that opening.
Lintels are of different forms, we have
-Timber lintel
-I section lintel
-Reinforced concrete beam
For this project and for most buildings in Nigeria( except timber buildings) , a Reinforced concrete beam is the most suitable choise.
Since its a reinfroced concrete beam, Every criteria governing design and construction of reinforced concrete elements given by BS8110 must be satisfied.
As you must have observed, We chained the lintel round the building.
We did so for two main reasons.
- To give the building extra structural rigidity
- To make renovation of the building by our clients easy.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by podosci(m): 4:19pm On May 28, 2016
Miscellaneous:

the headcourse look like beams. Are they made of blocks? What are their functions ?
The headcourse is the last course of your blockwork. It can be a reinforced concrete beam or a block.
A reinforced concrete beam would be used as the headcourse for the exterior walls while 9 and 6 inches hollow block would be used as the headcourse for interior walls were applicable
A reinforced concrete beam has been selected as the head course for the exterior walls to form a support for the roof truss and distribute the load of the roof evenly around the exterior walls.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by Miscellaneous(m): 5:12pm On May 28, 2016
podosci:

A lintel is an element used to span over openings like doors and windoows with the main fucntion of carrying the blockwork above that opening.
Lintels are of different forms, we have
-Timber lintel
-I section lintel
-Reinforced concrete beam
For this project and for most buildings in Nigeria( except timber buildings) , a Reinforced concrete beam is the most suitable choise.
Since its a reinfroced concrete beam, Every criteria governing design and construction of reinforced concrete elements given by BS8110 must be satisfied.
As you must have observed, We chained the lintel round the building.
We did so for two main reasons.
- To give the building extra structural rigidity
- To make renovation of the building by our clients easy.
podosci:

The headcourse is the last course of your blockwork. It can be a reinforced concrete beam or a block.
A reinforced concrete beam would be used as the headcourse for the exterior walls while 9 and 6 inches hollow block would be used as the headcourse for interior walls were applicable
A reinforced concrete beam has been selected as the head course for the exterior walls to form a support for the roof truss and distribute the load of the roof evenly around the exterior walls.

God bless you. I enjoyed every sentence of these posts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 6:51pm On May 30, 2016
Final updates to roofing level/ concrete fascia level

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 6:54pm On May 30, 2016
More updates

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by Tboyq(m): 1:12am On Jun 10, 2016
Why the black water proof before the slab casting?
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by abdulwastecx(m): 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
Tboyq:
Why the black water proof before the slab casting?

you mean the damp proof membrane (DPM) before the casting of the foundation oversite concrete or DPC? it help to prevent moisture from rising through the foundation.
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by Onuokwu: 9:16am On Jun 17, 2016
No updates for this project?
Re: Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu by podosci(m): 9:42am On Jun 17, 2016
Onuokwu:
No updates for this project?
I would post an update concerning the project in the next 30mins

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) / Satin Paint / New Construction Of A Block Of 6 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.