Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,474 members, 7,781,383 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:31 PM

Revenge: Are You For Or Against? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Revenge: Are You For Or Against? (22861 Views)

The Prophets Of Baal Are Coming For Revenge!!! / Man Destroys Bible As A Revenge For Destruction Of Shrine In Anambra By A Priest / Choose Forgiveness, Not Revenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by lonelydora: 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
An eye for an eye won't make the world go blind, instead it will make people to be cautious in dealing with others.

This is my watchword any day anytime. And it has been working for me for the past 30+ years.

4 Likes

Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by canalily(m): 10:11pm On Apr 12, 2016
If you retaliate, they will call it terrorismangry
Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by Cutehector(m): 10:12pm On Apr 12, 2016
I'm against revenge. I dnt need to preach about it.
Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by Dimsteel(m): 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
Here

Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by bedspread: 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
The Best Form of Revenge is to KEEP QUIET OR KEEP SHUT.
Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by otemanuduno: 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
johnydon22:
If we all practised an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth the whole world would go blind or become toothless.

For a continuous existence of ourselves and humanity we must do away we the whole notion of retaliation and revenge..

My opinion
If there is no revenge, only the bad people will remain with eyes and tooth and all good people will be eyeless and toothless according to your analysis grin

1 Like

Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by Dimsteel(m): 10:16pm On Apr 12, 2016
Here......

Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by joey150(m): 10:16pm On Apr 12, 2016
Who is we

Live your life the way you see fit.

And there are different ways to "revenge"something or someone .it dosent necessarily mean doing something to hurt the person or something sinister.

So from the get go, your view of revenge is flawed..as i can work harder and beat the best person, and that could be my revenge.

So ask yourself what you are really asking here. Cause revenge is never a bad thing.. It only depends on how you go about it. A crime is a crime..evil is evil..be it revenge or not.

1 Like

Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 12, 2016
Did someone steal your 3310 charger? You just dey shout revenge yet you no yarn wetin happun,wallahi this mod wan toast you e be like.
Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by gospi: 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
Sometimes or shud I say most times,wen u don't give people a taste of dia own medicine they will never know how it feels.. Some people hurt other people cos dey don't understand wat they are doing but wen dey receive same treatment the ones with conscience dont do it to people again because they know exactly how it feels....
So its not revenge ,its making people really understand how wat dey do feels.. grin

1 Like

Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by Polar3: 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
2 wrongs dont make it right..
Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by Wolexdey(m): 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2016
No need for revenge. A true child of GOD should not do such.
Shalom
JESUS CARES.
Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by Wolexdey(m): 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2016
No need for revenge. A true child of GOD should not do such.
Shalom
JESUS CARES.
Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 12, 2016
bedspread:
The Best Form of Revenge is to KEEP QUIET OR KEEP SHUT.
lemme pour acid on your child, and let's see if you will keep quiet..also remember trying to involve the police/law is also a form of revenge but in a legalize way... don't conclude yet if you have not been in that shoe of retaliation.. Keeping quiet might only work when someone insult you pls

1 Like

Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
gospi:
Sometimes or shud I say most times,wen u don't give people a taste of dia own medicine they will never know how it feels.. Some people hurt other people cos dey don't understand wat they are doing but wen dey receive same treatment the ones with conscience dont do it to people again because they know exactly how it feels....
So its not revenge ,its making people really understand how wat dey do feels.. grin
my thought tho.. and most of them can't take what they throw at people.. someone like lindaikeji lol
Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by freecocoa(f): 10:37pm On Apr 12, 2016
ifenes:

Bad people are mostly ignorant of their actions or how it affects others. I thought the topic was about Revenge vs Karma. Taking someone to court is not really about revenge. That's getting physical justice, which often time don't lead to satisfaction. That's a different thing. Revenge is deliberately hurting someone back for a percieved wrong doing. In most cases,taking law into your hands,example, to hurt a thief who stole from you or a blackmail to hurt others. A lady burning the car of her partner because of being cheated on etc.

As we advance mental abilities, revenge becomes unnecessary. It is not often in anyone's best interest to get revenge. Just move on.

Do you really believe the emboldened? How exactly can this be? I mean, everyone is born with a sense of right and wrong, therefore, how can you not know that your actions or inactions can hurt someone?

So does it mean that people who seek revenge after being wronged repeatedly, are not really mentally advanced?

Pardon me please, I'm just really trying to see your angle here.

1 Like

Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:38pm On Apr 12, 2016
Decker:

There is no such thing as Karma. The acceptance and reliance on the existence of Karma, is a distorted belief system.

Dayumm!! A nigga that reasons outside the box like moi, lovely thread; interesting to note that this was brought forth by a girl and for once its not the usual sex, broke guys, kissing, romance, virgins or eatery and money talking topics by our regular girls, anyways op I don't believe in that an eye for an eye crap, I believe in understanding what makes u happy, sometimes people take ur lack of speaking up and stopping an act as its happening before it becomes a norm n ur termed weak or worse..
Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by Gabriel6(m): 10:38pm On Apr 12, 2016
A guy i call my friend because he is a dancer so he was forming a group my babe went to join he took advantage of her and another of my friend saw them and he told me we confronted the girl and she couldnt denial it, i just do away with her. That my guy has a girl i know he loves so much and i was very closed to her, i invited her to my houz and one thing led to anoda i was ontop of her, when we were done we were nak*d holding each other tight when i sent him a message to come to my houz fast, he came and saw everytin. He started crying and i just told him first to do no the pain. And dat is the story of how i had my sweet revenge

1 Like

Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by Fkforyou(m): 10:43pm On Apr 12, 2016
It depends on the individual involved...undecided

Some find peace in letting go, others don't...the grave mistake anyone can make is trying to be someone you are not.

The truth is that, some people can only learn the hard way, if you keep on letting go when you don't feel like, you are only digging your grave further and granting the offender absolute power over you.

In my opinion if anybody hurts you and opportunity presents itself for you to stick it back to him/her don't hesitate take it with both hands. As much as people might think it's a horrible thing to do,they can't deny the sweet feeling it brings.

P.S: In retaliating, caution have to be taken not to go beyond your mark otherwise you are now the oppressor.

1 Like

Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by Sistem007(m): 10:44pm On Apr 12, 2016
freecocoa:
I'm someone who has always thought revenge to be a 'bad' thing, believing that when someone hurts you and you also hurt the person in return, then nothing makes you different from that person, because you both are a people, that hurt someone, but is this really true? Can/should it be called hurting someone, if they deserve it?

Now, as I keep growing and dealing with people, I'm starting to think my stance on revenge is flawed.

I think I'm beginning to see revenge for what it really is, justice. We often hear, "leave it to karma" some say "leave it for/to god"(this shouldn't be an option btw) but at the end of the day, we can't really say people get what they deserve, in that, bad things happen to good people and good things to bad people and for all I know, "bad" people seem to have it better than the "good" ones in this nonsense world, so should we fold our arms and let people who wronged us feel fly, while we feel miserable?

Someone will argue that, feeling hurt is more a thing of choice than consequence, asking, how can someone hurt you, if you don't want to be? Talking about how it is our minds that hold on to things, therefore we can condition it to let go or not, but is this really true? Do we have absolute control of what we feel? I think not.

Now if someone hurt me and I'm really feeling it, why shouldn't I validate this feeling by seeking revenge? I mean, don't we have a right to want to feel better? Does revenge make one feel better?

what's your take? Should we seek revenge or not? Lets discuss.

Are u a Christian? If u are, then I believe u know the right thing to do. But if ur not, then I have nothing to say to you.
Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by achorladey: 10:45pm On Apr 12, 2016
one famuous book says: vengeance is mine I shall repay. You wouldn't want to assume the position your Maker occupies. if humans can say won o ni fe lo mi se wa. What about our Maker. One must be careful. Afi oro ya oro ko ni je ki oro tan ni le. Kiun lo be oge.
Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by otemanuduno: 10:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
Harbosede02:
Revenge is something that makes you feel better and worse at the same time,you know that feeling of "yea!that was how i felt too,am glad u know its hurt ntoooo!",and dah awkward feeling of"hope i didnt overdo mine,hope he/she isnt soo hurt"and all....I once loved revenge bt nw i am indiffrent about it...i let things happen the way nature wants it,if you hurt me delibrately,someone somewhere someday will do worse to you....that's for sure!

The bolded is not practically true. Okay cite an example.

1 Like

Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by AirmirthDY(f): 10:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
The world is like a gigantic prison where everyone is sentenced to live in. We have people of different background, culture, beliefs, religious views etc It is unthinkable to expect all to live in harmony inspite of these differences. Path will be crossed, opinions will differ hence, the key to this is "Forgiveness". If we can try to imbibe the true concept of forgiveness, then the world will be a better place to live in. Revenge dosen't solve the issue but it adds to the matter because it can even go as far as being extended to generations to come. Revenge is like a seed that is planted, and believe me, it will surely germinate. Though "Forgiveness is not an easy task, we all should try to imbibe its principles in order to foster peaceful co-existence. Hence, I'm totally against it.
Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by porozhniy(m): 10:49pm On Apr 12, 2016
Giving someone a taste of their own medicine helps give closure. But bearing in mind how dynamic & sometimes volatile humans 're, vengance can easily lead to an endless circle of 'do- me-i-do-u' which may never end well. Only a strong willed person can exact vengance.

2 Likes

Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by samhapy(m): 10:51pm On Apr 12, 2016
freecocoa:
I'm someone who has always thought revenge to be a 'bad' thing, believing that when someone hurts you and you also hurt the person in return, then nothing makes you different from that person, because you both are a people, that hurt someone, but is this really true? Can/should it be called hurting someone, if they deserve it?

Now, as I keep growing and dealing with people, I'm starting to think my stance on revenge is flawed.

I think I'm beginning to see revenge for what it really is, justice. We often hear, "leave it to karma" some say "leave it for/to god"(this shouldn't be an option btw) but at the end of the day, we can't really say people get what they deserve, in that, bad things happen to good people and good things to bad people and for all I know, "bad" people seem to have it better than the "good" ones in this nonsense world, so should we fold our arms and let people who wronged us feel fly, while we feel miserable?

Someone will argue that, feeling hurt is more a thing of choice than consequence, asking, how can someone hurt you, if you don't want to be? Talking about how it is our minds that hold on to things, therefore we can condition it to let go or not, but is this really true? Do we have absolute control of what we feel? I think not.

Now if someone hurt me and I'm really feeling it, why shouldn't I validate this feeling by seeking revenge? I mean, don't we have a right to want to feel better? Does revenge make one feel better?

At times we leave it to God and d other hand we do it ourself..
Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by otemanuduno: 10:53pm On Apr 12, 2016
Polar3:
2 wrongs dont make it right..

The first attack is the wrong, the second attack is the revenge that is right. Revenge is not wrong I.M.O.

1 Like

Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by Abeos(m): 10:56pm On Apr 12, 2016
To me revenge is quite unnecessary, if you believe it makes the bad get away, then are we when evil is reciporated
Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by fredoooooo: 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2016
johnydon22:
If we all practised an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth the whole world would go blind or become toothless.

For a continuous existence of ourselves and humanity we must do away we the whole notion of retaliation and revenge..

My opinion
The whole world can go blind for all I care ,some cases require an eye for an eye treatment period ....

2 Likes

Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by Boeing777pilot: 11:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
“ Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. " Confucius

1 Like

Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by nnalove(m): 11:11pm On Apr 12, 2016
taiwoadams77:

if we should say we all want to do away wit it den d bad pple will always get away wif it. i tink it nt all tinz dat happens to u dat u av to retaliate buh dey ar some dat u've getta to revenge so for it nt to repeat it self again
like Fulani menace in d country, which was repelled by Abia ppl.
Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 12, 2016
Comment on this thread, and you're a fool! Moderator should delete this childish thread!
Re: Revenge: Are You For Or Against? by poik(m): 11:14pm On Apr 12, 2016
freecocoa:

Being hurt, i no go lie, is a REAL emotion. Anyone who denies in the guise if being in control if what you feel and any such explain-aways is not just being sincere.
However, we are called as Christians to forgive and not seek revenge. Hard as it is, it us the safest. First, revenge initiates a cycle of assault whose end and reach is neither guaranteed nor controlled. Second, forgiveness elevates the forgiver, whether the other party realizes it or not. I havent heard of any tale of one who forgives losing out in the long run.
Thats why being a Christian is so essential. It is guaranteed that no one hurts a Christian and goes scot free-seeking revenge is absolutely unnecessary, because God does it His most touching and effective way. In His most touching and effective time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Become An Atheist / Some People Are Unhappy Buhari Is Alive – Mbaka / The Experience 2016 – Don Moen, Donnie Mcclurkin & More Arrive In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.